American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,310 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technicolors
Actually, Mitch lives pretty close. England is off the coast of where Belgium is.

You missed my edit :sly:
 
I never suggested that....however I will be at Le Mans 2012 :D
 
Kind of funny cause every other series in here is packed with people from across the pond. I think just the name alone turned everyone else away. :lol:

How was everyones new year? Ours was pretty uneventful. A lot of reminiscing with the wife about how it used to be when we were younger and without kids. No regrets though. :lol:
 
How was everyones new year? Ours was pretty uneventful. A lot of reminiscing with the wife about how it used to be when we were younger and without kids. No regrets though. :lol:

I didn't do much.. But this year it'll be different, I know it ;3
 
Red Bull New Year, No Limits! :D Anyone watch? Dirtbike and snowmobile jumping world record side by side in mid-air across a river at 100+ mph?
 
Last edited:
Watched Dick Clark this year. I cant believe the would still ask him to do that. Feel kind of bad for him. :(
 
Went out and partied :D gotta love Europe.
 
I'm home alone. My girlfriend was thinking about going and seeing the rose parade again but decided not to so I'm at home on my playstation.
 
Watched Dick Clark this year. I cant believe the would still ask him to do that. Feel kind of bad for him. :(

I was watching it too and though the same. Hopefully since he got the 40 years now Ryan takes finally over and Dick can enjoy his well deserved retirement. 👍

Went out and partied :D gotta love Europe.

I really miss Europe on days like this...:(
 
Ready for a new year and new racing. Happy new year's everyone.
 
RACE WEEK FELLAS!!!! time to pull your cars back out the garage and get in some good seat time.
 
RACE WEEK FELLAS!!!! time to pull your cars back out the garage and get in some good seat time.

yeah ive still got to do some tire wear tests, initially i found that the RH's only last a handful laps longer than the RS's but we'll see.
 
Someone on here did a test between the tires. It was on the font page of the news section. Anyway, it basically said stick with the softs. They might not last as long but the time difference between hards and softs doesnt justify the change.
 
Why does everyone forget mediums?

And, this series needs a second host to run things when gatrs goes awol...don't need to remind everyone about how things went last season do I?
 
If it helps, I ran 20 laps in an F1 on Cote. Having ABS & TCS off, my Softs lasted quite some time. At the end it was halfway done, and so is fuel.
 
Stavelot
Why does everyone forget mediums?

And, this series needs a second host to run things when gatrs goes awol...don't need to remind everyone about how things went last season do I?

Mediums ran 7 laps for me, but Softs ran 7 laps with faster times.

Gatrs will be back soon.
I hope.
 
For some reason the tire wear is different with the F1's and x2010's.

How many laps are we running? Or are we just going a pre determined distance?
 
For some reason the tire wear is different with the F1's and x2010's.

How many laps are we running? Or are we just going a pre determined distance?

since all races are 250km, we would have to do at least 70 laps of Cote, meaning we might have to make 10 pit stops at least
 
New Year's was great for me, spent the weekend in the Poconos, and ate tons of food. I have no idea how I'll get in enough practice for this week's race, but we'll see.
 
I saw an Orange Lamborghini Murcielago but didn't get to take a picture!

But still. :D
 
Kevin01SH
since all races are 250km, we would have to do at least 70 laps of Cote, meaning we might have to make 10 pit stops at least

Last time we did Monacote d'Azur I think I only needed 3 stops but I did 5 to stay on fresh tyres...
 
Stavelot
Last time we did Monacote d'Azur I think I only needed 3 stops but I did 5 to stay on fresh tyres...

So 3 stops, with 10x wear... :scared:
 
Went to Miami and partied with Cubanos. Lots of food and music. Back in Tampa now. Have had maybe 10 laps on this track for practice. Not good.

At least Sparty won. Wanted to watch the Rose Bowl but have no cable :(
 
Last time we did Monacote d'Azur I think I only needed 3 stops but I did 5 to stay on fresh tyres...

ah if only PD hadnt messed with the tire wear
 
I think more pit stops will just make it more interesting, less endless driving.
 
I think more pit stops will just make it more interesting, less endless driving.

But it will mess up some epic battles. That's what happened to me and Kevin on Daytona, before realizing we had the same tire levels.
 
I think more pit stops will just make it more interesting, less endless driving.

one or two more stops yeah, but we're talking 6 or 7 more during a race. which for a racing "simulator" obviously isnt right. now im not gonna complain too much because everyone else has to deal with it too. id just like to see it go back to more realistic levels, ive never watched a race in which a car could only stay on the track for 7 laps
 
one or two more stops yeah, but we're talking 6 or 7 more during a race. which for a racing "simulator" obviously isnt right. now im not gonna complain too much because everyone else has to deal with it too. id just like to see it go back to more realistic levels, ive never watched a race in which a car could only stay on the track for 7 laps

Here is the problem:
For the level of grip the softs offer, I think the durability is fine, possibly even a little longer. Mediums should certainly last longer, so that they could become tire of choice, and hards should last 20+ laps with slightly less or equal traction to what they have now. The softs are fine now, they just should've also tinkered with the hards and mediums.
 
Do you guys want to ban softs and mediums for the GT class?
Perhaps ban just softs?
I can't imagine the LMPs on anything other than softs though. :scared:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back