American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,302 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my opinion, I think the wear levels for the mediums and hards are way off, so banning softs wouldn't change much. If enough people want to though, I don't really care what happens.
 
Here is the problem:
For the level of grip the softs offer, I think the durability is fine, possibly even a little longer. Mediums should certainly last longer, so that they could become tire of choice, and hards should last 20+ laps with slightly less or equal traction to what they have now. The softs are fine now, they just should've also tinkered with the hards and mediums.

Isn't that what makes their descriptions accurate? Where Hards lasted longer than Meds & Softs, Meds lasting between Hards & Softs, and Softs lasting the shortest?
 
I don't think any changes should be made just yet. Let's see how the following 2 races go and then talk about what we have. GT5's league racing have been changed forever, there's no time now to build up a rythm and settle on a pace as grip level is changing every 2 laps. The smart startegy now will be to avoid spins and exesive tire spin because on the new model a single spin will take a lap from your stint. Hards or mediums are not competitive enough wich is more retarded even, yes you can do longer stints but way too slow to stay competitive. The driver on ofts will come out ahead every time because all compounds are suffering from the same grip losses.
 
Softs last, you have to drive differently though. They'll last 8-10 laps if you're smooth. That's not bad. Mediums can last 10-13 laps if you drive to it's grip level. Softs should have more grip though. Tires nowadays on real race cars give grip levels beyond what GT5 is offering. Take LMP's- at LeMans they were in the 3:20's with no more than 600-650hp, consistently, for 3/4 stints of 10 laps or more. No one really thinks they'll accurately depict that, but a compromise has to be made in the programming. GT6 hopefully addresses this. And different tire manufacturers in the game would be great. Time will tell.
 
I'm with Jav. I still think softs will be the way to go. Meds and Hards are just to far off the pace.

I usually like to use about 3/4 of my tires before I pit. But getting that low now seems like I'm driving on ice. :scared:

Oh well, at least everyone will have the same disadvantages.
 
I'm with Jav. I still think softs will be the way to go. Meds and Hards are just to far off the pace.

I usually like to use about 3/4 of my tires before I pit. But getting that low now seems like I'm driving on ice. :scared:

Oh well, at least everyone will have the same disadvantages.

i 2nd that, if there was more of a variance between tire compounds (ex: hards lasting a lot longer and meds lasting a bit longer) then it would make sense to use them. as it stands now, its not worth the slower lap times to go 3-4 laps longer
 
They need to make the tires last 3 times what they last now with the option of adjusting wear rate to please everyone.
*Make the hard tires hold the grip trough their entire life.
*Make the mediums hold grip trough 75% their life.
*Leave the wear:grip ratio of the softs the way it is.
By incorporating this tire strategy would really make sense and it wouldn't just be a visit to the pits every 6 laps while staying ahead of the harder compounds.
 
I second that we need different tyre manufacturers (with different characteristics) but may I suggest 2012 LMP1 specs for the protos? ~500hp and 900kg
 
Stavelot
I second that we need different tyre manufacturers (with different characteristics) but may I suggest 2012 LMP1 specs for the protos? ~500hp and 900kg

Which would be LMP2...
 
Didnt gatrs say something about following the ALMS as close as possible? This year the LMP1s ran at ~550hp-900kg....so why don't ours?
 
Stavelot
Didnt gatrs say something about following the ALMS as close as possible? This year the LMP1s ran at ~550hp-900kg....so why don't ours?

Oh blah, blah, blah!
Why don't you try showing up for once?
:dopey:
We'll have to check that out for next season. If it's even, we'll do it!
 
Stavelot
Didnt gatrs say something about following the ALMS as close as possible? This year the LMP1s ran at ~550hp-900kg....so why don't ours?

You don't like Gatrs' unjust running of the series as he's gone AWOL.

You agree with his Creed.
:indiff:
 
Havent got my PS3 with me in Germany....if I could show up I would 💡

That spec brings the R10 Stealth alot closer to the other protos btw.
 
Stavelot
Havent got my PS3 with me in Germany....if I could show up I would 💡

That spec brings the R10 Stealth alot closer to the other protos btw.

How are you online all the time?
 
My brother does hotlaps and never turns it off....the xbox hasnt been turned off for over a year now.
 
Stavelot
My brother does hotlaps and never turns it off....the xbox hasnt been turned off for over a year now.

Heh. Gatrs gets a YLOD for normally playing normally. Here your bro does this.
 
While we're on this stalking of Mitch, I mean Baz, do you have a website or something documenting your racing endeavors?
And to lighten the mood of this tense atmosphere:

1ac20078.jpg
 
Never had a website simply thru never needing one, I did one enduro here replacing another driver but the muppets running the website never changed the driver lineup -_- (to be expected, the now gone admin of AusGT were cowboys...). If I did get the McLaren seat at Spa24 this year I'd have shown that off like a boss :dopey:
 
I hate Ohio State with a passion. But, with Urban Meyer as the coach I only see them being mediocre for maybe a season or two. Or at least until he gets his own talent that fits with his system. After that they will be dominant again. :yuck:

Back on topic. You guys think Kaz is simulating real life tire situations? I'm terrible at remembering specifics. But I remember (seems like every season) F1 complaining about tires. Maybe this is his way of adding that point of view into the game. So now we have to wait till next season until anything gets done about it. 💡
 
FlyinHawaiian77
I hate Ohio State with a passion. But, with Urban Meyer as the coach I only see them being mediocre for maybe a season or two. Or at least until he gets his own talent that fits with his system. After that they will be dominant again. :yuck:

Back on topic. You guys think Kaz is simulating real life tire situations? I'm terrible at remembering specifics. But I remember (seems like every season) F1 complaining about tires. Maybe this is his way of adding that point of view into the game. So now we have to wait till next season until anything gets done about it. 💡

That's a different way to look at it.
 
But F1's now can do 15 laps on softs. IRL and in-game. I think lack of d/f is reason the lmp's suffer. Not the Audi so much though.
 
I hate Ohio State with a passion. But, with Urban Meyer as the coach I only see them being mediocre for maybe a season or two. Or at least until he gets his own talent that fits with his system. After that they will be dominant again. :yuck:

Kinda the way I feel about Michigan right now. Go Blue tonight. A bowl win would really help secure Brady Hoke's position in the program.

Oh, and still haven't gotten on track this week. It's gonna be a stinker for me, sorry to say.
 
I've been slacking also. I get online to practice and get totally side tracked. Still trying to change all of my standard wheels to premium. Then after I do those I feel like I have to tune them. So I start buying parts. I dont like it when my cash gets below a certain amount. So then its off to b-spec seasonals. And it goes over and over.
 
Guess who's likely to make the race this weekend ;)
 
ive been reading all the tuning tutorials on the site the past few weeks to try and really understand what im doing. ive always set the car up myself and just moved stuff around at random to see what it did. its worked for the most part, but now i have a good grasp of whats going on.
 
Guess who's likely to make the race this weekend ;)

What happenned to being in Germany, 1,000's of miles away from your PS3? :sly:

Anyways:
Fearthebeasts.jpg


Couldn't find anything cooler for a font.
 
^^^ You could have used comic sans
 
gogatrs
What happenned to being in Germany, 1,000's of miles away from your PS3?

It's called having friends who own a PS3 💡
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back