American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,302 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh man, TT13 now we have to get the Fords out on the track for a photo op. Pretty sure we can get something better than whats above.

Kevin, what guides are you going by? I would go by one guide, tune. Then reference another guide and feel like it was all wrong. Then I compare my tune to some of the tuners on here and it ends up being waaaay off. At the end of the day I end up sticking with the tuner that that has a similar driving style to mine and then tweak it a little.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next race is?
 
haha I def gotta post my faulken ruf now, too, that gatrs has his flying lizards one.
 
Falken*
 
Kevin, what guides are you going by? I would go by one guide, tune. Then reference another guide and feel like it was all wrong. Then I compare my tune to some of the tuners on here and it ends up being waaaay off. At the end of the day I end up sticking with the tuner that that has a similar driving style to mine and then tweak it a little.

well ive been reading a lot of the guides in the sticky section of the tuning forum. i havent based my ideas off of any one particular person, but reading all of them and trying to find some common ground between them all. i would have to say this thread made the most sense to me though. its a lot of reading, but by the end of it you will have a much better idea of how to set your car up.

ive looked up other peoples tunes as well and like you they were almost always way different. some of it is not knowing, some of it is driver preference. but i dont copy peoples tunes and try them out bc you dont learn anything that way. as it turns out ive been running the last few races with a completely wrong spring rate front and rear, i had no clue how important they were.
 
Didnt gatrs say something about following the ALMS as close as possible? This year the LMP1s ran at ~550hp-900kg....so why don't ours?

unfortunately i dont think alot of the LMP's even get down to 900kg. I know the 908 is not 900kg, or the Toyota GT-one. Thats about all I can remember.
 
Blaze_409
unfortunately i dont think alot of the LMP's even get down to 900kg. I know the 908 is not 900kg, or the Toyota GT-one. Thats about all I can remember.

So you've actually tested the protos at that spec or you're just trying to incite something again?

908 is 930kg but at 550hp it is on pace with the R10 Stealth at 900kg and 550hp. Let's not forget the GT-One actually is 900kg along with a number of other prototypes...
 
well ive been reading a lot of the guides in the sticky section of the tuning forum. i havent based my ideas off of any one particular person, but reading all of them and trying to find some common ground between them all. i would have to say this thread made the most sense to me though. its a lot of reading, but by the end of it you will have a much better idea of how to set your car up.

Thats the guide I go by also. It's a long read but def. worth it IMO. I go back to it all the time.
 
If Gatrs wants all the cars to be 900kg then that probably cant happen lol. But if the spec is going to be 900kg lower limit then thats fine. There are however a good deal of 900kg LMP's so 900kg would work ignoring the 908, the useless standard R10, and the Oreca.
 
Last edited:
Quick video clip for our friend FlyinHawaiian, this is what you can have from a 5 year old PC game:
 
Great action. My only pain with Rfactor is I dont know how to make skins lol. Attempting to do it now lol.
 
Jav you keep blasting R-Factor in these threads. It looks fun, but the graphics look like something from NFS on PS2. We all know GT5 isn't as in depth with all the things that are offered on R-Factor, nor I Racing, but computer racing isn't GT5. I don't think GT will ever be as detailed in all the things in those games, but it's still the best racer on consoles.

And the R10 stealth is 850kg, so it probably has some better characteristics to it than the regular R10. If it's going to be allowed maybe it could run at 690hp and 850kg. It might be on pace then.
 
Hey Gatrs have you seen the ALMS car content in Forza 4. Its unfair lol. They have all the cars. They just added the Scott Tucker Lola albeit not in use right now to the game via DLC


I don't think GT will ever be as detailed in all the things in those games, but it's still the best racer on consoles.
The sad thing is that PD could make a Sim racing game for console but unfortunately for us(not for them $$) they are trying to appeal to a bigger audience($$) then people like us.
This Sim Racing website(racesimcentral.com== described GT5 and Forza 4 perfectly. they are "realistic" but not "simulation"
Realistic Racing Games were once synonymous with simulation games, but as driving simulators became more realistic--more complex and difficult--their mainstream appeal started to diminish. Realistic racing games may still have very detailed physics and some (or many) elements of simulators, but always ignore or de-emphasize certain elements that are more related to a simulator and less related to a video game.
That sums up Forza and GT5. GT5 has a very detailed physics model. Just ignores certain things..
 
Last edited:
They're all the same car. All the lola's are modeled the same and just have different liveries/bodywork. An example is the MuscleMilk Aston Martin P1 and the factory AMR P1. There's no difference and on top of that it's not even the up to date model. But at least they do have more up to date LMP's used in the ALMS.
 
Jav
Quick video clip for our friend FlyinHawaiian, this is what you can have from a 5 year old PC game:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHh9yPhhoI0">YouTube Link</a>

You need to see my personal skin. I'll post it late today in the rFactor thread.
 
So how do you know which one to choose between rFactor and Iracing?

And I have no clue when it comes to computers. How can I tell if my computer can handle those games?
 
So how do you know which one to choose between rFactor and Iracing?

And I have no clue when it comes to computers. How can I tell if my computer can handle those games?

rfactor

Runs Best With
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
- Windows XP
- 2048 MB RAM
- Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT
- 256 MB video RAM
- DirectX 9.0c
- 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation
- Internet connection required for one-time activation

System Requirements
- 1.4 GHz processor
- Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit, Vista, 7 (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)
- 512 MB RAM
- Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200
- 128 MB video RAM
- DirectX 9.0c
- 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation
- Internet connection required for one-time activation

iracing

Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
Hyperthreaded Intel CPU, AMD Athlon 64 CPU, or any dual-core CPU
128MB Pixel Shader 2.0 (ATI 9700Pro or nVidia 6600 or better); 256 MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI X1600 or nVidia 6800 GT/GS or better) graphics adapter recommended
1 GB system RAM
3Gb free hard disk space
Microphone optional, required for voice chat
 
Ok...I'm pretty sure that I meet all the requirements. iracing seems like it doesnt have as big of a car selection as rfactor. But I cant figure out where to see the car lists on rfactor. I'm only basing this theory off of videos I've seen on youtube. The cars sound amazing by the way.
 
I found iRacing quite fun, but didn't have the time to justify the cost. Graphics update is GREAT, though. But there aren't too many cars and half of what the game offers is oval racing. Yuck.

I might try out rFactor, waiting for rFactor2 like everyone else...
 
FlyinHawaiian77
Ok...I'm pretty sure that I meet all the requirements. iracing seems like it doesnt have as big of a car selection as rfactor. But I cant figure out where to see the car lists on rfactor. I'm only basing this theory off of videos I've seen on youtube. The cars sound amazing by the way.

Tower Turn 13
I found iRacing quite fun, but didn't have the time to justify the cost. Graphics update is GREAT, though. But there aren't too many cars and half of what the game offers is oval racing. Yuck.

I might try out rFactor, waiting for rFactor2 like everyone else...

rFactor has an unlimited amount of cars.
The community is the game developer.
The car and track list for rFactor is here: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/
And there's even more than that.

You guys could try the trial version of rFactor to see if your computer is up to par, and if you'll enjoy it or not.
 
Jav
Quick video clip for our friend FlyinHawaiian, this is what you can have from a 5 year old PC game:


Love Rfactor! Cant wait until Rf2 :drool:
 
just tried the rfactor trial, while my laptop can only play it to look like ps1 graphics it works perfectly with my dfgt and just from driving for like 10 minutes theres a huge learning curve with this game
 
Got a high 1:35 today in practice for the race. Any good? I don't recall what people were getting in GT.
 
just tried the rfactor trial, while my laptop can only play it to look like ps1 graphics it works perfectly with my dfgt and just from driving for like 10 minutes theres a huge learning curve with this game

Yeah. I still dont think i have learned the curve yet. Especially with no ABS. The annoying thing is that there are so many setting that you can switch on and off, boost maps, launch control etc that you can mess with. Im much to lazy to map all the key controls let alone remember them. The LCD menu thing is so in depth. Its like trying to use two cell phones while driving.
 
just tried the rfactor trial, while my laptop can only play it to look like ps1 graphics it works perfectly with my dfgt and just from driving for like 10 minutes theres a huge learning curve with this game

Mines is already done :p I think I'll take rFactor for consideration.
 
Hey Cowboys, race you to 5,000. :sly:
 
4552 :dopey:

Btw gatrs if you allow it I'd like to run unclassified for the race with the Audi R8 V10.
 
Stavelot
4552 :dopey:

Btw gatrs if you allow it I'd like to run unclassified for the race with the Audi R8 V10.

No.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back