American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,296 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for quitting as well. It's not really my style but that was to much! :mad:
 
The thing i dont understand is why does the physics model change every time its gets a chance????? Last time i checked they onyl developed 1 physics model yet it seems like were all playing the game with different models where some people are mysteriously waay off pace and others are are unaffected. Its ridiculous.

I don't know man, I'm trying so hard not to turn my back on this game. It's just frustrating...
 
Hi Gatrs! Glad to see your still doing the ALMS series! Mind if I join in as a reserve driver? If not in a race car, as the pace car? :lol: I understand if you can't afford any more drivers due to the mysterious online bug.

Yeah, I'm finally back (been back for about a month now).

-See ya!
 
I feel like Thomas Blam right now.
Oh wait, that's EXACTLY what I am right now.
 
stupidstormy36
Hi Gatrs! Glad to see your still doing the ALMS series! Mind if I join in as a reserve driver? If not in a race car, as the pace car? :lol: I understand if you can't afford any more drivers due to the mysterious online bug.

-See ya!

Absolutely!
Good to have you back, stupid! :p
We HAD a full room tonight, but quite a few were reserves/guest drivers.

Jav, mind hopping back in the room post race to discuss the LMP showdown?
 
Blaze_409
Whats the lmp showdown?

Our drivers vs. Bermudakid's drivers vs. some other series' drivers
Need to figure out who's driving.
 
gogatrs
I wouldn't be surprised if an LMP2 or 2 would beat couple of the LMP1s.

*cough, cough*
 
Well when I can only lap as fast as a P2 thats kind of obvious....
 
#) GTPlanet Username: stupidstormy36
PSN: stupidstormy36
Class: Unsure
Car: Unsure

If applicable:

Car #: Undetermined
Team: Velocima Motorsports
Time Zone: EST/US & Canada (-5)

I may go with either LMP2 or GT class. I have all the vehicles (except the Peugeot and the Jaguar, but I can get those easily) so vehicle choice limitation really isn't there. I just need to do some testing. If I choose LMP2, then it's most likely the C60 Hybride, or if I choose GT, I'll most likely choose the 458 Italia. Right now, I am undecided. I'll need to test some things.

If you guys need a filler for either class, I can fill both.

My offer for the designated pace car is always open :lol: just to let you now should you ever need one.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Unofficial Results (Will Update with DNF's later)
1) tiss (LMP2)
2) Seth (lmp1)
3) pipi (lmp2)
4) gta
5) that guy
6) FH
7) Cowboys
8) sin
9) tt13
 
Well, that was an interesting race. The 2nd longest race I've ever experienced, the 1st being 24hr of Le Mans.


And sorry for capturing 1st place Porsche Drivers. To be honest I never really expected this in the first place, nor really wished for pole position. When I saw a correlation to me and That_Guy's pitting frequencies I thought pitting a couple of laps after his will provide more tire life. And his performance was phenomenal after the 1st hour, really. So I thought my plans will just backfire.

Other than that pretty fun race. Hopefully Cowboys will recover with his Enduro fatigue :p
 
Dude, that race seriously sucked. I was so confused by the sudden massive understeer and 10 second drop in lap times that I was never able to recover. Which is sad because I feel that I could have been competitive. I developed a strategy of increasing tcs little by little as the tires went, and it made them go more slowly. I was also in the 1:34-1:35 range on a fresh, warm set of softs. With traffic I feel I could have kept up but became super frustrated when I fell like a lap or two behind in class. Just ridiculously boring and frustrating. My only battle was with cowboys trying to unlap myself. And I'm not even sure how many laps I was down on him.

After this season I'm seriously, seriously considering leaving GT5 behind. The way physics and tire models used to work is shot, and honestly more unrealistic than it was. Even a car with BALD tires and ballast weight isn't going to spin just by lightly pushing the gas in a straight line. That's bullcrap. And 7 laps per usable vehicle? Nonsense. Just utter garbage.

Now, we all have to own our own copy of Spa rather than being able to play on another person's track, too. Really, PD? You want us all to pay so much more when you clearly haven't done your part.

I think those of us with PCs should form an ALMS league on rFactor. I'll have money to purchase the game in a few weeks.

EDIT: sadly, I'll be keeping this finish, too. 6th instead of 7th which is my worst, as gatrs dropped out. At least the Ford GT team podiumed. Thanks FH!
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear, TT13 :( I'm slipping away a little from GT5 as well. Perhaps I could move on to rFactor, but not leaving GT5 completely. All I need is a good wheel w/ USB connection (I can port the DS3 controller though). However my PC isn't a huge gaming rig.
 
Technicolors
Well, that was an interesting race. The 2nd longest race I've ever experienced, the 1st being 24hr of Le Mans.

And sorry for capturing 1st place Porsche Drivers. To be honest I never really expected this in the first place, nor really wished for pole position. When I saw a correlation to me and That_Guy's pitting frequencies I thought pitting a couple of laps after his will provide more tire life. And his performance was phenomenal after the 1st hour, really. So I thought my plans will just backfire.

Other than that pretty fun race. Hopefully Cowboys will recover with his Enduro fatigue :p

None of that was a coincidence. :sly:
 
Thanks TT13....I just died a little inside....:lol:
 
Technicolors
Well, that was an interesting race. The 2nd longest race I've ever experienced, the 1st being 24hr of Le Mans.

And sorry for capturing 1st place Porsche Drivers. To be honest I never really expected this in the first place, nor really wished for pole position. When I saw a correlation to me and That_Guy's pitting frequencies I thought pitting a couple of laps after his will provide more tire life. And his performance was phenomenal after the 1st hour, really. So I thought my plans will just backfire.

Other than that pretty fun race. Hopefully Cowboys will recover with his Enduro fatigue :p

My mind can't focus for 2 whole hours of repetitiveness.
 
Should probably shorten the Monacote d'Azur race in the future....
 
I think I did pretty good considering what happened.

It was basically me and GTA fighting for the lead in the beginning. Each race so far I've always had the tire advantage. So we fight lap after lap. I forget which lap it was but GTA decides to pit. I see this as an opportunity to put some time on him and pit on the next lap. This was all going into the last turn before the finish. I get excited and put the throttle to the floor. My car spins out and what little tires I had left were gone. I was already past the pit lane so I had to ease the car around the track.

This is where I can agree with TT13. My car had no tires left in the rear. Bar was completely gone. Any kind of throttle and the car just spun like it was on ice. And didnt want to turn. Not even if I was going under 20 MPH. This is just crazy. I had to pause it during the turns and then un pause when I would get to a straight. By the time I got to the pits I was a lap behind.

I was pretty proud of my efforts after that though. I feel straight to the bottom in the standings and was able to fight my way back to 3rd claiming a spot on the podium. With a little help from the guys who dropped. :)
 
FlyinHawaiian77
I think I did pretty good considering what happened.

It was basically me and GTA fighting for the lead in the beginning. Each race so far I've always had the tire advantage. So we fight lap after lap. I forget which lap it was but GTA decides to pit. I see this as an opportunity to put some time on him and pit on the next lap. This was all going into the last turn before the finish. I get excited and put the throttle to the floor. My car spins out and what little tires I had left were gone. I was already past the pit lane so I had to ease the car around the track.

This is where I can agree with TT13. My car had no tires left in the rear. Bar was completely gone. Any kind of throttle and the car just spun like it was on ice. And didnt want to turn. Not even if I was going under 20 MPH. This is just crazy. I had to pause it during the turns and then un pause when I would get to a straight. By the time I got to the pits I was a lap behind.

I was pretty proud of my efforts after that though. I feel straight to the bottom in the standings and was able to fight my way back to 3rd claiming a spot on the podium. With a little help from the guys who dropped. :)

I was getting scared you might throw a wrench in my strategy that I had THAT GUY on.
Which worked, quite well, until he spun in T1. Was an awesome race otherwise.

And cowboys, stfu or I'll go pipi on you.
 
Was fun... Thanks Seth for waiting a lap and a half to make it interesting for the last 35 laps!

Sorry if I messed up peoples races and for blowing the start. I wasn't sure the starting procedures and checked everyone up bad. Also trying to pass people, I tried to go around but sometimes we both went the same direction, sry if I hit you all or snuck up along side into a corner and banged some doors.
 
gogatrs
I was getting scared you might throw a wrench in my strategy that I had THAT GUY on.
Which worked, quite well, until he spun in T1. Was an awesome race otherwise.

And cowboys, stfu or I'll go pipi on you.

Hwat is thees Pipee busy-niss?
 
Just stfu cowboys...
 
If it's an English accent it's neither close nor funny.
 
That be the way then guv'na :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back