American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,296 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stavelot
That be the way then guv'na :lol:

Would it make ya feel better if I talked like deeyus in 'Murican talk? I might be derailing this here thread aaaaaaand.
I'll stop.

I got very bored tonight. :( TOO long of a race.
 
Stavelot
If it's an English accent it's neither close nor funny.

It's funny because he's American.
 
What a trouble race tonight, first the glitch... then everything going bad for me, first laps my best is 1:40. the have some troubles in the pits, traffic in monaco is crazy, from around 60 already saw nothing ahead, loool. too tired....

Just one note, thanks to GT cars when i overtake you, good job. sorry about for little touches :ouch:
just Sinladar need to pay more attention!!!
 
Last edited:
Hmm...Gatrs, gta already has experience with Le Mans. Possible driver?

I'd say you were pretty focused. Seemed like every time I came out of the pits, there you were. So I knew I had a tire advantage over you. But it still took me a lap or two to finally make the pass. I dont know how you do it, specially with a DS3. 👍

Gatrs, why you no update standings?!?!?!?

Why-You-No-Guy.jpg
 
FlyinHawaiian77
Hmm...Gatrs, gta already has experience with Le Mans. Possible driver?

I'd say you were pretty focused. Seemed like every time I came out of the pits, there you were. So I knew I had a tire advantage over you. But it still took me a lap or two to finally make the pass. I dont know how you do it, specially with a DS3. 👍

Gatrs, why you no update standings?!?!?!?

It's actually, Y U NO!?

But when is this race? I could be a possibility. Oh wait, I forgot it was the GTPLMP guys and BermudaKid. Who have wheels and are fast. Nevermind.
 
Hmm...Gatrs, gta already has experience with Le Mans. Possible driver?

I'd say you were pretty focused. Seemed like every time I came out of the pits, there you were. So I knew I had a tire advantage over you. But it still took me a lap or two to finally make the pass. I dont know how you do it, specially with a DS3. 👍

Gatrs, why you no update standings?!?!?!?

What do you mean by a possible driver?

And I saw that too. You were always behind me until That Guy replaced you. And thanks 👍
 
Sorry guys I dc'ed on about lap 28. I felt bad bc of all the quits due to connection. Hopefully this race won't count for points.
 
couldnt make the race because the internet decided to go out hours before the race, all that time i spent practicing and tuning.... my god

:banghead:
 
Man, GT5 online is getting progressively worse. I feel bad for all the people running series online. I was racing in the FGTC at manaco and the same thing happened so we just canceled the race, what a shame.

Now about that Rfactor........
 
Just had a bit of an idea. What if this "glitch" is simulating a cold track/tires. Done poorly if it is though.
 
Could be, but it doesn't effect everyone the same way. This leads me to believe that it is a glitch.
 
I dont see it as a glitch. Everything was lagging until we got down to 12 drivers. I just dont understand. It could be the coding, servers or whatever. So what do they do? Release a xl version thats cheaper so even more people can sign on and experience these problems. I guess they needed more guinea pigs to confirm all the issues we are having.
 
Do you guys want to delay the race this week?
Give those of you that haven't bought the DLC yet time to buy it, and give PD time to fix the game.
 
Do you guys want to delay the race this week?
Give those of you that haven't bought the DLC yet time to buy it, and give PD time to fix the game.

I don't have much problem with that.
 
Dude, that race seriously sucked. I was so confused by the sudden massive understeer and 10 second drop in lap times that I was never able to recover. Which is sad because I feel that I could have been competitive. I developed a strategy of increasing tcs little by little as the tires went, and it made them go more slowly. I was also in the 1:34-1:35 range on a fresh, warm set of softs. With traffic I feel I could have kept up but became super frustrated when I fell like a lap or two behind in class. Just ridiculously boring and frustrating. My only battle was with cowboys trying to unlap myself. And I'm not even sure how many laps I was down on him.

After this season I'm seriously, seriously considering leaving GT5 behind. The way physics and tire models used to work is shot, and honestly more unrealistic than it was. Even a car with BALD tires and ballast weight isn't going to spin just by lightly pushing the gas in a straight line. That's bullcrap. And 7 laps per usable vehicle? Nonsense. Just utter garbage.

Now, we all have to own our own copy of Spa rather than being able to play on another person's track, too. Really, PD? You want us all to pay so much more when you clearly haven't done your part.

I think those of us with PCs should form an ALMS league on rFactor. I'll have money to purchase the game in a few weeks.

EDIT: sadly, I'll be keeping this finish, too. 6th instead of 7th which is my worst, as gatrs dropped out. At least the Ford GT team podiumed. Thanks FH!

Feeling the same way as you TT, GT5 is just making it too easy to go away. rFactor copies are dirt cheap, rFactor2 is right arround the corner and iRacing is just one solid sim. Too many options out there and the excuses for staying are running thin.
 
So, if your already a subscriber to rFactor, does that mean you get rFactor 2 as a free upgrade? This is all I'm waiting for before I go ahead with the purchase.

Ohh and I'm guessing my wheel should work fine with it? Driving Force Pro. Eventually gonna go G27. Just have to wait till March to get it. :(
 
So, if your already a subscriber to rFactor, does that mean you get rFactor 2 as a free upgrade? This is all I'm waiting for before I go ahead with the purchase.

Ohh and I'm guessing my wheel should work fine with it? Driving Force Pro. Eventually gonna go G27. Just have to wait till March to get it. :(

No, rFactor2 is a completely new game. The Beta should be released any time now, so if you're holding off to buy one just wait for the beta to be released. It's gonna be about 45 bucks with 18 months of online subscrition included. If you buy the game when it comes out as a full game it'll be the same price but 12 months instead of 18. After the online sub runs out it will be arround 10 bucks for another 12 months.
 
Damn, thats not bad at all. This will be the next game I get. Now I just have to hurry and replace the motherboard on my computer so I can get it up and running.
 
I would get it, but the desktop computer we have sucks and my netbook runs poorly with multiple drivers on the track in LFS. Also, I'm not buying the DLC no matter what, since GT isn't much fun anymore for me.
 
How much is the track pack?
I think what I'll do is buy one of those VISA gift cards for like twenty bucks and anyone that needs it can share it.
I trust you guys.

EDIT: 2001 posts.
 
How much is the track pack?
I think what I'll do is buy one of those VISA gift cards for like twenty bucks and anyone that needs it can share it.
I trust you guys.

EDIT: 2001 posts.

You don't have to, Spa is the only track we race on that requires DLC, and while that track was really fun and the M3 shined there, I wouldn't use it any other time. I've been playing less and less. So count me out if you do that.
 
How much is the track pack?
I think what I'll do is buy one of those VISA gift cards for like twenty bucks and anyone that needs it can share it.
I trust you guys.

EDIT: 2001 posts.

It's only 5 bucks. And you don't have to, Gatrs. If everyone can't obtain the pack by then we'll just cancel that race and vote for another one, right?
 
Technicolors
It's only 5 bucks. And you don't have to, Gatrs. If everyone can't obtain the pack by then we'll just cancel that race and vote for another one, right?

Nope, I'll buy the track pack for everyone.
 
Its sad because to me, it seems like PD is sooo close. Tire wear was an issue but they did a reverse fix instead of making meds and hards last longer. I try not to get to upset with them about online experience because this is their fist online game. But then I think about Turn 10 and how their first online game was and I never complained as bad as I do here. There was lag but nothing like we have.

And then I get frustrated with lack of info. All we have is stupid tweets that everyone tries to translate into something thats unrealistic. Me included. Look what happened with the "sounds" update. I wish they would let us know that "hey, we're aware of the problem and its being looked into". Something as simple as that would calm a lot of people down over here. Instead they leave us in the dark.

Those are really my only biggest issues with the game. The game would still be a far ways away from perfect but it would be enjoyable again.
 
Nope, I'll buy the track pack for everyone.

Maybe perhaps only provide it to drivers who has the lowest overall points? I think we have a hefty amount of drivers without Spa.

Its sad because to me, it seems like PD is sooo close. Tire wear was an issue but they did a reverse fix instead of making meds and hards last longer. I try not to get to upset with them about online experience because this is their fist online game. But then I think about Turn 10 and how their first online game was and I never complained as bad as I do here. There was lag but nothing like we have.

And then I get frustrated with lack of info. All we have is stupid tweets that everyone tries to translate into something thats unrealistic. Me included. Look what happened with the "sounds" update. I wish they would let us know that "hey, we're aware of the problem and its being looked into". Something as simple as that would calm a lot of people down over here. Instead they leave us in the dark.

Those are really my only biggest issues with the game. The game would still be a far ways away from perfect but it would be enjoyable again.

Don't get me wrong PD is a pretty bright corporation. And besides, PD did wanted 2 more years of development for the game and so that is what PD is trying to accomplish.
 
So do you guys want to replace Spa with La Sarthe 2005 without chicanes like we have in the past?
 
So do you guys want to replace Spa with La Sarthe 2005 without chicanes like we have in the past?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a version with chicanes? Anyway I guess we could do that, but the majority of the drivers can tell that.
 
I'm down for whatever. But if we do Sarthe I want chicanes. The Fords are already slow enough down the straights. And you guys think the tire situation was bad at Monaco. Its gonna be crazy at Sarthe. You make the wrong calculation on when to pit and you could be crawling on ice all the way back to the pits.

Whats the plan, are we changing track and moving back a week or just changing the track?
 
And here I was hoping to finally race at Spa....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back