Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
I really do not know, what you guys do to your Wheels and especially the pedals.
I got Carrera - Wheel for a Month now, and it never let me down! I don't have any issues with my pedals nor the shifter or the wheel itself, and I'm the "sawing" type of driver.

But I still don't understand how you can broke a new pair of Pedals in 4 Days.

I really do not know, what you guys do to your Wheels and especially the pedals.
I got Carrera - Wheel for a Month now, and it never let me down! I don't have any issues with my pedals nor the shifter or the wheel itself, and I'm the "sawing" type of driver.

But I still don't understand how you can broke a new pair of Pedals in 4 Days.
Actually theese guys do not broke it. It arrives broken from china.. My GT2 wheel didn't work too with the G25 adapter. It is true that it is not a great thing that you get an originaly faulty product, but support helped me and now my problems are gone. If we want to be honest, it was a brave thing to put the "comapible with G25/27 pedals" sign on the wheels, as every second has problem with it. It is also true that the wheel is really sensitive, and if there is some dust orund the G25 sensors, it can couse problems.

Why would you use the G25 - Pedals anyway :D
Just for the Aluminium pedals?

I like the plastic ones from Fanatec a lot more!

Why would you use the G25 - Pedals anyway :D
Just for the Aluminium pedals?

I like the plastic ones from Fanatec a lot more!

Obviously you've used both. Could you elaborate on your preference for the plastic ones?

See how your pedals are after 2yrs. That's how long my G27 ones have lasted and continue to work.

I haven't used the plastic ones so I can't really comment on them.

I experienced, that I (my experience - not from others) have more grip on the plastic Fanatecs than on the G25/G27 - Pedals.

I really can't tell much about durabillity, only that my DFGT ones were absolutly in mind condition after 2 years excessive gaming. And I really hope, that I can expect this from my fanatec pedal as well.

Besides that, I have a feeling, that (especially) the clutch as more resistence, a more alive and realistic feel, than the G25's. I don't know if something was improved with the G27 pedals. And most of all - The huge (Porsche like) Throttle pedal. It's so much easier to "get" them when your breaking and quick switch to throttle or if you want to give short throttle impulses while shifting down.

Sent the message earlier this morning to Fanatec about my Load Cell, heard back from them this afternoon and they said they'll send me a new one! :D

Hi guys, i have sold my Fanatec Carrera and now the guy has some problems with it. I want to ask how the warranty works? Is it tied with my name or he can just write my order no. and they will send him new pedals or wheel (or whatever problem he has)?

Thanks

Rash-182
Hi guys, i have sold my Fanatec Carrera and now the guy has some problems with it. I want to ask how the warranty works? Is it tied with my name or he can just write my order no. and they will send him new pedals or wheel (or whatever problem he has)?

Thanks

I am not sure on this.

To be honest, if it's not a problem for you, he would be better off doing it through you.

Fanatecs data base should have your details.
People have had certain issues in the past and Thomas himself has said they are working towards a better customer service.

Throwing someone else's details into the mix might just confuse things.

Obviously your mate would have to incur any expenses if there are any.

That's how I would do it. Keep your friend updated and forward any E-mails to him perhaps also.

Good luck.

Thanks

I asked about this once back a few months ago, and Armen replied saying that all you need to do is to send the original invoice (scanned/copy) to Fanatec with the new owner's information to Fanatec, and then, they'll make the necessary changes as long as the wheel is still under warranty.

Another update: Got my replacement GT2 wheel yesterday, and out of the box it is working perfectly! Only took 3 weeks from receiving the original wheel to getting a functional one. Really enjoying Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3!

_Dave_

Now my exprience with Fanatec.
Yesterday at 8.30 GMT i ordred a GT3RS v.2 and today 25.50 hours later i got a new wheel at my doorstep, it is tested on PC and PS3 and it is working fantastic, and what a difference from a G25, so a big smiley:bowdown: to Fantec for great service :embarrassed:)

What's the easiest way to connect the Load Cell to the PCB? I have it screwed in, I just can't easily get my hand in there (That's what she said.)

Two weeks later, and I am really enjoying my Fanatec GT2 wheel! I'm still annoyed by the slow turnaround and weird hoops to jump through for customer support once I purchased my wheel and received a malfed unit, but the quality of the wheel and the driving experience is incomparable!

Since I'm new to the Xbox world, and Forza Motorsports, I've been focusing on using my GT2 wheel for Forza 3. Very enjoyable.

BTW: I also ordered and have been playing with the NIXIM G25 pedal mod V2. I ended up only installing the rubber block in my stock G25 brake pedal spring, since I usually play barefoot or in stocking feet, and I find that it's giving me a very good amount of feedback in Forza 3, combined with the GT2 wheel.

Have been building up my Forza XP, and upgrading various cool cars in my garage... Mostly Porsches, and I can't express how disappointed I am to discover that Porsches will not be included in Forza 4!

_Dave_

So is the word on the street that the GT2 wheel/pedals/shifter will be supported by FM4 then?

Yup. It's an officially licensed Xbox 360 wheel. I don't anticipate anything like the G27/GT5 issues, as the G27 was never an "official" PS3 wheel.

Not sure why they wouldnt be. The main reason I got mine.

Why wouldn't they be? Fanatec has an entire warehouse of new wheels to push... and they are in the business of selling product and making money, not catering to folks playing video games ;)

Let's just say I will believe when I "feel" it. hehe

So how long does it typically take for a person in the U.S (West coast) to receive a GT2?

So how long does it typically take for a person in the U.S (West coast) to receive a GT2?

Got mine 5 days after ordering from the US Webshop. I live VERY close to the West Coast distribution location. Shipping was UPS Ground. Make sure it's in stock before you order. And when you get the email notification that "Your order will be shipped NOW!", that just means they're getting the paperwork to UPS. Expect at least another business day before UPS gets it, and then the normal UPS Ground shipping time from Los Angeles...

_Dave_

I live in CT and it took 11 days from the time I knew the order was actually shipped. Not bad. I email Thomas from time to time and he always responds to concerns. At the beginning it was not like this. But Thomas is super busy so I'm surprised he answers emails personally at time. LOL

Anyway, I'm sure you've all seen the footage of Kinect with head tracking in Forza 4. Pretty amazing that it even senses side to side head movement as well as head turning. I'm impressed.

Why wouldn't they be? Fanatec has an entire warehouse of new wheels to push... and they are in the business of selling product and making money, not catering to folks playing video games ;)

Let's just say I will believe when I "feel" it. hehe

Actually they are catering folks playing video games If they werent, well they wouldnt be in business. On top of that business model (wheels for video games), they make a profit from it.

The base of the GT2 is almost identical to the new Forza one. The rim is different. I doubt there will be any issues. As of right now, and I am almost positive on release, more people will have those 2 wheel than the CSR. Would be silly for it not to be supported.

Got a problem with my PWTS after two years, can anyone help? Maybe someone has already dealt with it.

My wheel disconnects from windows when I try to use it. The LED display is dimly lit and when I go into PS3 mode the LED is barley visible. I guess its some power issue. I've checked and replugged everything back in but same thing and it also happens whether the wheel is connected to the PC or not. Just seems stuck using hardly any power.

Pretty pissed as I've only been playing F1 2011 for a couple of hours.

I'll email Fanatec soon if nobody knows about this particular problem

Hopefully it's just a faulty AC adapter. Might be an easy replacement. Do you have a multi tester so you can verify the output from the AC adapter?

Hopefully it's just a faulty AC adapter. Might be an easy replacement. Do you have a multi tester so you can verify the output from the AC adapter?

Yes I have a multimeter.

I tried on the playstation 3 and it seemed to work okay despite the LEDs barley visible. I then tried it on the PC again and its stayed connected for the last 20mins and seems powerful enough at the moment. The LEDs are still barely lit whether it's connected to the PC/PS3 or not.

Have you got info on the readouts, maybe I'll have to open it up as well. Hope its just the adapter.

Last edited:
The output specs and pin info should be right on the AC adapter label. If the output voltage and amps are out of, then no more testing should be needed. Cracking it open and testing individual components sounds a little excessive.

I'm getting 24v to the wheel which is correct. Must be something in the wheel.

I'll carry on using it, see what happens. The LEDs are still barely lit but seems to be working. I wonder if its related to the overheating cut-off and this part is playing up? The wheel has had a long time to cool down. When it happened it just seemed to be using half its power and any attempt to use the wheel made it disconnect even when it was cool but right now its just about working. Before tonight its been flawless.

Last edited:
Back