Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
"Unfortunatly looking at the pre-orders it looks like the initial quantity will not last very long. " Feburary 15th Thomas/Fanatec

This still doesn't mean they are sold out at this point. I'm definately keeping my fingers crossed that I get my wheel in the end of March though. Hopefully he can answer this :)

Hi Guys,

I ordered the RS in December but I will trust in Fanatec "For console users we highly recommend taking the Turbo S and not the GT3 RS (just trust me on this one as I cannot go into details)" and I changed the order from the RS to the Turbo S :indiff:... because this wheel is only for playing with the PS3... but I'm really sad... really sad :( because the RS so much beautiful than the Turbo S and I have to wait 4 month to get it...

The RS is... is... is... so much beautiful :( :mad:

hi guys, I've been reading and reading in this amazing board, I'm about to buy a playseat evolution alcantara version to improve the driving in gt5 prologue.

BUT my main ISSUE right now is if I should wait for the gt3 rs clubsport version with aluminium pedals + the gearshift of fanatec or get a new logitech G25 for 199€...

I really want the gt3 rs wheel, for matching the alcantara with the playseat evolution, and because those alluminium pedals are a work of art.....

But I was asking myself if the fanatec gearshift will be compatible with the playseat evolution gear shift base....As we've seen in the official pics, the fanatec gearshift comes with two stainless steel tubes that are connected to the gearshift and the steering wheel, so how can it work with the playseat evolution gear shift base ?????.....

then at fanatec official web, it says it comes with a 0,3 meter cable connection so may be that resolves any problems regarding my issue???

anyone? :nervous::nervous:

Last edited:
the two stainless steel tubes that connect the gearshift of fanatec to their steering wheel, will the gearshift work with the playseat evolution gearshift base??

it says it comes with a 0,3meter cable to connect.

Attachments

• 64_1.jpg
    64_1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 18
  • PWTS_Shifter_both.jpg
    PWTS_Shifter_both.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 21
To mount it on a cockpit you should also get the "RennSport Shifter adapter" and the "Porsche wheel pedal cable 2.5m"

You are getting the older version of the playseat. Alcantera is the same design as the Evolution I think? I don´t think the pedal base will be able to support the club sport pedals very well but may be wrong. If I nixim mod my G25 it does budge quite a bit. Doesn´t seem to allow more pressure than what the G25/Fanatec pedal gives. Also the G25 shifter adapter that comes with the Evo is utterly useless... You will see when you get your playseat. It´s to low and to close for you it´s just not comfortable or usable for me. You would probably preferr the mounting beside your wheel.

I don´t know where you are located but look into the Obutto ozone if you are in the US at least. Unless you are really going to demount the unit and move it away all the time.

Best solution for that cockpit would be just the RS wheel and then you may be able to find the G25 pedals if you preferr those over the stock 911 Turbo pedals I suspect. Should be robust enough for the RS but haven´t tried it on that so don´t quote me :) I did run the G25 on the Evolution when I had that and I couldn´t use the shifter adapter. Had to get a separate table to mount my G25 or SST lightning shifter on because it wasn´t positioned ergonomically.

Also I think playseat is announcing it´s new models in april? May be worth it to play it cool a bit see if the older models get a price dump or if there is newer models that seem better for your needs :)

Another question failed to be answered. :nervous: Fanatec's customer service seems to be lack luster IMO :crazy: They should at least answer the questions from the customers who have already sent a payment to Fanatec, and would like to recieve an update on their order.

Last edited:
the two stainless steel tubes that connect the gearshift of fanatec to their steering wheel, will the gearshift work with the playseat evolution gearshift base??

it says it comes with a 0,3meter cable to connect.

You can order a Cable for the shifter LONG enough from Fatatec's stite.. It's 2 dollars.

If you have Playsteats EVO chair with G25 shifter adopter/extatnion. Do not buy anything except LARGE zip ties. One person told me he uses ZIP ties instead of any other adapter and it works fine ;)

So yeah, just get the Cable exultation for the shifter for 2 dollars from their site. Having shifter next to wheel.. well it's matter of taste. I like it the way PlaySteats EVO has it LOW and to the side just like in a real car and not minivan setup ;)

Like the Fanatec guy said.. if you only play Console gaming, get Turbo S, if PC and PS3 get RS, but RS might have limited compatibility on PS3.. So be aware..

But I agree, how can they release a special editon wheel for PC and PS3 and its limited compatibility with PS3?

Just to make that very clear: The 911 GT3 RS is not limited

@Timeattack Ferrari Challenge works fine with this wheel

Thomas are you able to tell me which stores in Australia are going to retail your wheels, quite a lot like logitech gear or more speciality shops?

Also I am pleased you are making a quality budget wheel that features a clutch and H pattern shifter, my nephew wants a wheel with a clutch for GT5P (and hopefully GT5 assuming it will support a clutch) and a G25 and 911 turbo is a bit of a stretch.

@Timeattack Ferrari Challenge works fine with this wheel

I appreciate the response Thomas. That's good to hear. Thank you :)

If you can answer this question: For all of the people who have pre-ordered the GT3 RS wheel up until this point, will there be enough units to cover the first shipment of pre-orders? Or will some of the people who pre-ordered just a few days ago be waiting for the next shipment (April)? I just wanted to get an idea of when to expect my wheel to arrive, so I don't get let down. Thanks again.

RS is not in limited numbers.. oh well. RS wheels for everyone! But it would be nice to own something that is really limited..

Hey Fanatec. once you guys do RSR wheel, make it signed by RSR cup drivers ;) or something like that.

I got this email from fanatec today

Dear customers,

We regret to tell you that the delivery of the following products will be delayed:
Porsche 911 Turbo S Pure
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche 911 Turbo S Clubsport

The racing wheel is still in the approval process and despite a very good co-operation with Microsoft it still takes some time as this controller is the first in its category and uses new electronics.
Therefore we can only deliver the products in June.

We want to avoid any disappointment therefore we would like to offer you the following three options:

Option A)
You cancel your order and receive your money back.

Option B)
The order remains valid and will be delivered in June.

Option C)
You will receive a pre-production sample in April before any other customers or testers get a product.

The pre-production sample differs in the following specs from the product you ordered:

Optional USB cable to operate the wheel with cable or RF in PlayStation 3 / PC mode
The wheel is not licensed by Microsoft
Perhaps there will be some smaller changes in the electronics which are required to get technical approval

The hardware is almost identical to the existing 911 Turbo which has been well approved in the market.

Your will get the full 2 year guarantee on manufacturing and durability issues but the pre-production model will only be exchanged against a final production model if there is a defective.

If you do not reply to this message we will assume that you choose Option B) and your order remains valid.

If you ordered other products as well, we will deliver them independent.

Please make your choice below

Best regards

Thomas

Doesn't that just bite. 3 more months is a long time. I'm tempted to do C, but it scares me a little bit. One of the differing specs bother me.
1. Optional USB cable to operate the wheel with cable or RF in PlayStation 3 / PC mode
Does that mean that it will not work with the ps3.

I'm going to email fanatec and see if they will explain further.
Either way, I should have known a good wheel for the 360 would have it's delays.

I appreciate the response Thomas. That's good to hear. Thank you :)

If you can answer this question: For all of the people who have pre-ordered the GT3 RS wheel up until this point, will there be enough units to cover the first shipment of pre-orders? Or will some of the people who pre-ordered just a few days ago be waiting for the next shipment (April)? I just wanted to get an idea of when to expect my wheel to arrive, so I don't get let down. Thanks again.

All current open orders will be shipped at the same time but supply will probably not last very long.

Doesn't that just bite. 3 more months is a long time. I'm tempted to do C, but it scares me a little bit. One of the differing specs bother me.
1. Optional USB cable to operate the wheel with cable or RF in PlayStation 3 / PC mode
Does that mean that it will not work with the ps3.

Sorry for the confusion about the cable. This wheel is absolutely compatible to the PS3. And now you have the choice if you want to connect it wired or wireless.

If you go for Option C you will not make a mistake as the wheel is already very mature and we will not ship it if we know of any bug. But until we dont have the certificate from MS we just cannot say it is final.

The wheel also has the ability to flash its firmware so we can make upgrades by Firmware at any time.

WOOT So I will get my RS wheel along with other people that pre-order it!

end of March 2009... How long the delivery takes? I live in USA east coast. I hope I get ASAP beginning of April. Waiting is killing me :-P

They work with the G25 only on PC. You cannot connect it directly as the CSP have a bi-directional and digital data transmission while the G25 pedals are just analog.

The resolution of the CSP is four times higher than the G25 pedal.

Thomas are you able to tell me which stores in Australia are going to retail your wheels, quite a lot like logitech gear or more speciality shops?

Also I am pleased you are making a quality budget wheel that features a clutch and H pattern shifter, my nephew wants a wheel with a clutch for GT5P (and hopefully GT5 assuming it will support a clutch) and a G25 and 911 turbo is a bit of a stretch.

Fanatec, can't answer or missed my question?

Went to their website and is will be available at Dicksmiths, good news 👍

Last edited:
thanks for the responses regarding the playseat evolution and fanatec gt3 rs wheel gear shift compatibility !!!!....will see what I do, anyone knows the exact dates of new playseats products???..

oh and by the way, I'm located in Madrid, Spain...so I believe the obutto seat isn't a choice for me...

G25 and 911 turbo is a bit of a stretch.

I own the two wheels, and I think 911TW best points are the real car feelings for clutch, brake, H shifter and wheel turn (for the belt drive), but G25 gives me more sense of robustness and racing appearance (except the shifter which does not transmit any sensation).

I see the 911TW a wheel transmitting more sense of "road car" with GT5P, but I prefer G25 for PC sims.

do you guys know what is this limited edition thing with fanatec? I mean do they seriously believe that people stop buying their wheels after last set of units are sold. I might buy a wheel in july but if there is not any left...

I own the two wheels, and I think 911TW best points are the real car feelings for clutch, brake, H shifter and wheel turn (for the belt drive), but G25 gives me more sense of robustness and racing appearance (except the shifter which does not transmit any sensation).

I see the 911TW a wheel transmitting more sense of "road car" with GT5P, but I prefer G25 for PC sims.

Yeah, well not a stretch for me (I own a G25), I was talking about nephew.

Nicely said. But the RUMBLE feedback will give some nice engine feeling for PC sims, as well new ClubSport pedals and ABS vibration :)

But yeah, I can't wait to get my RS wheel. I am sure my G25 will be collecting dust both for PS3 and PC gaming.

So Fanatec, you have release date? Last time I check it says end of March.. Any specific date? Or March 31st? LOL

How long for delivery 5-8 buisness days?.. I live in East Cost USA. Thanks in advance

Hi

I have ordered a Porsche Turbo S Pure for Pc / PS3 & 360 use but not scheduled for delivery until July.

I already have a G25 and intend to get the Clubsport pedals to go with the Turbo S. I may end up getting the GT3RS because it is only around £80 more for the wheel and pedals as opposed to the pedals alone.

I did ask if I ordered the Turbo S clubsport pack ie wheels & pedals then could I have the pedals now rather than waiting until July particularly as money would be taken - I could then use them with the G25 on the Pc for iRacing etc in the meantime but fanatec said they could only ship them altogether - I don`t mind paying the extra shipping :grumpy:

Anyway I presently use a wheelstandpro and wish to get a racing seat / cockpit. I like the look of the Alcantara Playseat Evolution - the current model not the ones due in April / May. The only concern I have is whether it will be able to cope with the Clubsport pedals - particularly if the pedal resistance is turned up. Has anyone experience of a Playseat with either pre-production CS pedals or some similar heavy duty pedals ?

Many Thanks

Back