Anwser please

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 142 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
Not being rude or trolling just want to know why I should buy this game on console with no custom livery or livery share??... To me and others like me, we want to be able to create custom cars AND custom A.I cars to race against... Plenty of other games with more cars and weather and all that jazz... Why is this feature so hard for developers grasp??...And please don't say its a time issue... They've had plenty of that...

Yeah that's what I just said... Just trying to understand all the hype over this game that doesn't have even a livery editor... Games made in the late 90s had them for crying out loud... lol... So what does this game offer that the other don't?

Ok then... So the A.I is so much better than all the others?...Now that might be reason enough to buy this game but from what Ive seen its no diffrent than Forza... Seems all people are worried about is how good the game looks instead of gameplay and options...

Ok then... So the A.I is so much better than all the others?...Now that might be reason enough to buy this game but from what Ive seen its no diffrent than Forza... Seems all people are worried about is how good the game looks instead of gameplay and options...
We are not going to try to convince you. Do your own research. If you think other features are good enough, buy it. If you don't think there's enough here, then don't buy it. There's plenty of threads on here, youtube videos, etc. to make an educated decision.

There is no point asking a forum if you should buy it.
When play forza or gt do you prefer modifying cars or using race in a relative decent length race (15 min+)?

Not being rude or trolling just want to know why I should buy this game on console with no custom livery or livery share??... To me and others like me, we want to be able to create custom cars AND custom A.I cars to race against... Plenty of other games with more cars and weather and all that jazz... Why is this feature so hard for developers grasp??...And please don't say its a time issue... They've had plenty of that...
I don't know why it isn't being included but it's not, so factor that into your decision. Outside of that, what are you looking for in a racing game? Be specific please.

I'm not looking for convincing ... Simply wondering how such a thing as livery sharing can be overlooked ... Some people (alot) buy racing games to paint cars for others... Why cut that huge market out?...Just askin bro...

Because making features takes time and money and pcars is on a fraction of the budget and manpower of GT and Forza. Can we move on now?

I don't know why it isn't being included but it's not, so factor that into your decision. Outside of that, what are you looking for in a racing game? Be specific please.
Thanks for askin man!!...I hate multiplayer cause of the horrible racers and idiots... So people like me like to create our own custom universe... Weather it be maybe legends of nascar...F1...or even iroc ...Whatever... Just makes the game way more replayable... Features like match speed pedals (instead of to the floor or nothing) would be nice as well and keep noobs from slaming your rearend at every corner.... Im looking for something with new ideas... These guys are all making the same game give or take...

Or maybe because sharing liveries and paintjobs is actually fairly low on the list of priorities for a racing game. Perhaps you'd like half-retarded AI that makes it impossible to enjoy the game? But hey, at least you get to paint your car...

I understand you have your priorities, but the vision for the game is different from yours, and it seems you want different things from the game than thousands of others do. So be it, just wait for Forza 6.

Thanks for askin man!!...I hate multiplayer cause of the horrible racers and idiots... So people like me like to create our own custom universe... Weather it be maybe legends of nascar...F1...or even iroc ...Whatever... Just makes the game way more replayable... Features like match speed pedals (instead of to the floor or nothing) would be nice as well and keep noobs from slaming your rearend at every corner.... Im looking for something with new ideas... These guys are all making the same game give or take...
My advice have a look at videos then if your not sure wait
But yes a racing game should be about racing not modding or collecting cars.

What you're asking for is something that's rather insignificant to what this game is, a racing and driving simulator. This game is about the racing experience, not how you want your car to look. It's not important for this game. It's not a feature the developers need to grasp, and if you feel it is, this isn't the game for you. And believe it or not, time is a factor.

You asked in a later post why this game is hyped by some:

-physics
-ai
-car detail
-car selection
-track selection
-graphics
-audio
-career
-full grids

All of those points are very good in this game, it's gt's detail and selection combined with hardcore sims' realism and racing. Almost the perfect car game, basically

Last edited:
Project Cars is first and foremost a racing sim, in the strictest sense of the word. It's entirely designed around racing, both offline and online, with realistic real world tuning options that match the real world car. Tire models are also era specific meaning the 80's racing tire is going to be less grippy and less reactive to inputs than a modern racing tire. Tires are also based on what the car came with so no racing tires on street cars. A big heavy sedan will drive and feel like a big heavy sedan, a little track day machine will feel just like that.

You'll have full race weekends with all the practice, qualifying and racing you'd find in the real world. Everything is adjustable, from the AI to the weather to the track conditions etc.

If you love racing and the joy of driving cars that emulate their real world counterparts then this is a game you will enjoy. I think it's also realistic to expect a higher quality racing experience online due to the nature of the game, and a ton of leagues popping up with organized racing regardless of your system choice.

Last edited:
...These guys are all making the same game give or take...
I assure you that Project CARS will be different from any other current racing games - one could almost say, in part thanks to not "wasting" time on a livery editor :)

Just so it's said, it's not that WMD/SMS didn't want a livery editor (we do), but as other have pointed out there is limited time and money for development. It's a matter of priorities, and in addition to the bare fundamentals, actual racing related features come first (good AI, time-of-day, weather, pit stops etc.).

Perhaps community created livery packs as DLCs would help the livery-happy...

I'll tell you why I'm buying it.

The vast array of options that match and even exceed many features on other PC SIM racers, except I'll have the convenience of running it on a console.

The graphics look great and at 60fps will offer a temporal resolution better than the very pretty Driveclub. From a driving game standpoint 60fps makes such a difference to the accuracy and response of the car. Even if they were only as good as a PC SIM from years ago I'd be happy.

While console versions won't have a livery editor at launch most cars will have multiple liveries (some cars up to 20 liveries each). That's enough to be going on with for me.

The lack of car customisation is a boon for me. It's a racing game, a motorsport game and one where cars and classes of cars are set up to race against each other. Each car still features more in depth performance tuning than something like Gran Turismo has.

An in depth career mode that simulates practice and qualifying sessions, full race length, adjustable AI. All of that of course is optional so I'll be able to play the game the way I want to. The developers had input from SIM racing enthusiasts who have told them the way they want to play driving games. From what I've seen I'm hopeful and confident of getting the best racing game ever released on a console.

There are many more reasons I'm convinced the game is for me but the above is enough.

Project Cars is first and foremost a racing sim, in the strictest sense of the word. It's entirely designed around racing, both offline and online, with realistic real world tuning options that match the real world car. Tire models are also era specific meaning the 80's racing tire is going to be less grippy and less reactive to inputs than a modern racing tire. Tires are also based on what the car came with so no racing tires on street cars. A big heavy sedan will drive and feel like a big heavy sedan, a little track day machine will feel just like that.

You'll have full race weekends with all the practice, qualifying and racing you'd find in the real world. Everything is adjustable, from the AI to the weather to the track conditions etc.

If you love racing and the joy of driving cars that emulate their real world counterparts then this is a game you will enjoy. I think it's also realistic to expect a higher quality racing experience online due to the nature of the game, and a ton of leagues popping up with organized racing regardless of your system choice.
And this is way better than iracing?... I mean really what would you say to someone to convince them that this game is so much better that it's worth 60 bucks and accessories to purchase? ... Its that much better?...Honestly just wondering...

And this is way better than iracing?... I mean really what would you say to someone to convince them that this game is so much better that it's worth 60 bucks and accessories to purchase? ... Its that much better?...Honestly just wondering...
Well I'm not the guy to ask that because I'm not a fan of iRacing, although I've only just dabbled in it. iRacing has a very narrow target customer the online racer. There's no AI only racing online. iRacing is also very expensive if you want to turn it into a hobby and get into different cars and race on different tracks. You also have to pay an annual fee on top of literally hundreds of dollars if you want all the content. It's worth it if you dig the game and the concept and racing online.

The graphics, features, content and playability will be light years ahead in Project Cars. It's a full game offline and online, with fully adjustable driving aids. It also caters to controller users, something iRacing does not really do. I can't speak about the online racing portion of PCars because it's not hear yet but as with most online racing, you have to put in some effort to find good racers to run with and when you do, it's fantastic.

It's two different games and hard to compare. Your best bet is to take a look at what PCars offers and decide if that's what you're looking for in a game. No game is everything to everybody, but if you enjoy racing I think you'll enjoy this game.

I'll tell you why I'm buying it.

The vast array of options that match and even exceed many features on other PC SIM racers, except I'll have the convenience of running it on a console.

The graphics look great and at 60fps will offer a temporal resolution better than the very pretty Driveclub. From a driving game standpoint 60fps makes such a difference to the accuracy and response of the car. Even if they were only as good as a PC SIM from years ago I'd be happy.

While console versions won't have a livery editor at launch most cars will have multiple liveries (some cars up to 20 liveries each). That's enough to be going on with for me.

The lack of car customisation is a boon for me. It's a racing game, a motorsport game and one where cars and classes of cars are set up to race against each other. Each car still features more in depth performance tuning than something like Gran Turismo has.

An in depth career mode that simulates practice and qualifying sessions, full race length, adjustable AI. All of that of course is optional so I'll be able to play the game the way I want to. The developers had input from SIM racing enthusiasts who have told them the way they want to play driving games. From what I've seen I'm hopeful and confident of getting the best racing game ever released on a console.

There are many more reasons I'm convinced the game is for me but the above is enough.
Good reply and thanks for not biting my head off like some of the other fan boys who take every question personally.... This game looks really great and it's my hope that someday they'll make a game like this for guys like me who are still playing modded late 90s sims...

Good reply and thanks for not biting my head off like some of the other fan boys who take every question personally.... This game looks really great and it's my hope that someday they'll make a game like this for guys like me who are still playing modded late 90s sims...
If you asked your questions in a polite and constructive manner with proper grammar, I'm sure you would get different responses. You reap what you sow.

Well I'm not the guy to ask that because I'm not a fan of iRacing, although I've only just dabbled in it. iRacing has a very narrow target customer the online racer. There's no AI only racing online. iRacing is also very expensive if you want to turn it into a hobby and get into different cars and race on different tracks. You also have to pay an annual fee on top of literally hundreds of dollars if you want all the content. It's worth it if you dig the game and the concept and racing online.

The graphics, features, content and playability will be light years ahead in Project Cars. It's a full game offline and online, with fully adjustable driving aids. It also caters to controller users, something iRacing does not really do. I can't speak about the online racing portion of PCars because it's not hear yet but as with most online racing, you have to put in some effort to find good racers to run with and when you do, it's fantastic.

It's two different games and hard to compare. Your best bet is to take a look at what PCars offers and decide if that's what you're looking for in a game. No game is everything to everybody, but if you enjoy racing I think you'll enjoy this game.
Thanks man but for me I'm waiting for the ability to create my own race worlds... There are two kind of gamers : Those who want to put themselves in the game and those who want to recreate histrionic races and pit the best on best in different situations... Take a game like nba 2k for example... You can start yourself a career in the nba or take the 98 bulls against the modern day knicks with the most sim like conditions... I would just love that in a racing game instead of racing for sake of racing... Just me I guess... Thanks...

If you asked your questions in a polite and constructive manner with proper grammar, I'm sure you would get different responses. You reap what you sow.
Or you could give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he'd come around. I don't think he's too far off the mark with his criticsm myself.

Sorry my grammar is alittle bad...Typing fast with fat fingers...And Im in no way being rude.. I'll pick this game up in 6 months when its in the five dollar rack next to the rest of the same old thing...."But boy it sure looked good"

Sorry my grammar is alittle bad...Typing fast with fat fingers...And Im in no way being rude.. I'll pick this game up in 6 months when its in the five dollar rack next to the rest of the same old thing...."But boy it sure looked good"
.....But wasn't good because it lacks livery editor? Are you serious?

While RacingAF may be unfairly dismissing the game, I find it a bit ridiculous to suggest PCARS doesn't need to offer a livery editor "because racing sim". It seems quite obvious to me that custom liveries are important in sim racing, considering how people seek to reproduce authentic grids based on actual motorsports series and seasons and share liveries all the time (not to mention the creative efforts WMD invested into the liveries the game already has). Among row after row of similar or identical cars, your paint job is what represents your team, and representing your team is what you're on the track to do.

The thing is, PCARS can rely upon an external tool on PC, while SMS have not had enough time to implement an in-game editor for consoles. And that's all there is to the OP's question, really. It's not so ridiculous to ask just because other things deserve priority (and I agree, at this point other things do).

While RacingAF may be unfairly dismissing the game, I find it a bit ridiculous to suggest PCARS doesn't need to offer a livery editor "because racing sim". It seems quite obvious to me that custom liveries are important in sim racing, considering how people seek to reproduce authentic grids based on actual motorsports series and seasons and share liveries all the time (not to mention the creative efforts WMD invested into the liveries the game already has). Among row after row of similar or identical cars, your paint job is what represents your team, and representing your team is what you're on the track to do.

The thing is, PCARS can rely upon an external tool on PC, while SMS have not had enough time to implement an in-game editor for consoles. And that's all there is to the OP's question, really. It's not so ridiculous to ask just because other things deserve priority (and I agree, at this point other things do).
Good point

I plan on doing a few endurance races for a racing league Im involved in, whats disappointing is that my 4 man team cant express our team livery considering there isnt a editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back