Any Artists Here?

• Thread starter aidan8500
  • 262 comments
The car drawings you posted at the start of the thread. I should probably have quoted the post since it was so long ago, which I didn't realize.

I was a bit lost like you, but then I looked for the stuff you ever posted which was the toon cars from the first page so I'm assuming it's that.

yeah, figures :lol:

thanks Cyclo, those are pretty old, altough the style and procedure for doing them has not changed much in almost 5 years, really. You can see more of the same, as well as other stuff, in the Car Drawings thread too.

As for seeing more from me, Photonrider, ok, just because you: these were done for the Hot Wheels Mexico Club's Club Cars blistercards from two years ago:

cyclone-verde-copia-lowres_zps33bc77d8.jpg

56-chevy-2lowres_zpsea187aea.jpg

Only 50 of each were built and numbered; this one was for the all-chrome #1 car which was auctioned off:
56-chevy-chrome-low-res_zps35c1777e.jpg

The Cyclone also had a chrome #1 but I don't have a low res version of that; in fact the Cyclone got done in several colors, red, green, purple, pink, blue and I think yelowish, ten of each. Here are mine:
IMG_5196.jpg

I wanted a pink one but they were sold out before I could claim mine ):

Twas bored one night and ended up doodling this.

That's really cool. I've always liked that kind of drawings/paintings.

Challenge you to a (literal) face-off:
Self-portrait.

Dude you're ugly as sin but that came out awesome, very VERY dramatic, and the proportions are right on :0

Wow you're such a nice guy, Cano. That comment's got to be worse than any one I've said in the past.

I exaggerated a lot of the ugly because I wanted to emphasize the expression of rage and the ugliness that comes from making angry expressions. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the proportions compliment.

^ You like drawing shouting football players don't you? :D

Lol, I'm thinking of trying a different kind of portrait, since it's hard to make their mouths. I've never been good at drawing lips.

Made this a couple of hours ago.

vanbasten.png

Last edited:
Portraits eh?, recently found this sketch clearing out a cupboard, made it years ago (on the back of a company form) when I was temporarily working in a callcenter (at a helpdesk), dealt with many angry clients and whilst trying to help them I often made sketches of how I imagined them to look (in a caricature way obviously) simultaneously.
This one I kept somehow (the others I gave away to colleagues requesting them :lol:).

p3150170.jpg

What can I say that hasn't been already said? :crazy:

Unique talent. Crosses all borders. :) 👍

Meh, so so. today I see them and it's like "damn, loads of stuff I would change now". But that's always how it is.

I was temporarily working in a callcenter (at a helpdesk), dealt with many angry clients and whilst trying to help them I often made sketches of how I imagined them to look (in a caricature way obviously) simultaneously.

Hahaha, awesome 👍

Was moving things around recently and came across this oil on canvas I did about 20 years ago. Yes, it has existed on Earth a little longer that some of you. And still looking as fresh as the day I finger-painted it.

IMG_0584_zpsc3981e55.jpg

Now, THIS IS ART 👍

yeah, figures :lol:

thanks Cyclo, those are pretty old, altough the style and procedure for doing them has not changed much in almost 5 years, really. You can see more of the same, as well as other stuff, in the Car Drawings thread too.

As for seeing more from me, Photonrider, ok, just because you: these were done for the Hot Wheels Mexico Club's Club Cars blistercards from two years ago:

PICS...

I wanted a pink one but they were sold out before I could claim mine ):

And this... this is something else :drool:

:bowdown:

Back