Any Artists Here?

• Thread starter aidan8500
  • 262 comments
What file system are the originals in?

A what? :confused:

I added film grain as the photo was already a little grainy to begin with. I see what's messed up about it, but I ain't going to change it now... I'll keep it in mind with future photos.

Fantastic stuff guys. I was an art major and into comics and animation before I decided that music composition was also a form of animation that I wanted to explore even more. Huge respect for the work here.

Here are a few of my doodlings, mainly acrylic paint on canvas.

p6270020.jpg

merchz.jpg

fishuj.jpg

That last one probably needs an explanation since it started as a joke, whenever I painted something a friend of mine always said: "That's pretty nice but what really would be incredible is a small goldfish on a purple/black background".
He repeated that for years and since it became increasingly tiresome I just decided to paint it and give it to him.

Last edited:
Amazing stuff analog. 👍 The first one is awesome though, :D And the Goldfish :lol:

Edit:

Some shots of birds I have captured over the past year

Last edited:
Yo Analog, those are pretty dope.

What lead you to have such an idea for the first painting?

@Grand Prix
Nice shots of birds and use of blur in the background! Reminded me of what I saw through my eyes during my visit to the Leeds castle in England a couple of years ago...

And is that right the 4th image is of the moment of a bird diving down sharply to get a prey on the ground? Cool one. :)

Painted this back in high school for a "Teachers Create Hunger For Learning" themed McDonald's poster campaign.

McDonalds_Poster_Contest_by_OmnisBlade.jpg

I know there is a lot of extremely brilliant art in this thread - but this is one of the most haunting pictures I have ever seen, absolutely unforgetable.

Genius. There is money in this. I know it's only a poster - but even then easily sold on eBay. If it was an oil on canvas . . .

Great work, Omnis, been wanting to compliment you on that for quite some time, but lost the thread.

Cheers,
Harry.

I think it was just acrylic. I got done with Ronald, Hamburglar, and the evil teacher/zombie-kids before I had to rush it to make the deadline to get my grade in the class. :lol: You can kind of make out Grimace behind the wall, but that's because I had to abort him and others also being eaten and just wall over it. And the tagline was done a couple minutes before I turned it in lol.

Would be something neat to do over again with the right time put into it. Don't have the supplies for it, however, unless I did it in photoshop. There's something about real paints that is just great though. You can really get the right textures and it's so easy to prepare the look you're after. And you don't have to look for splash brushes, effects, etc. You just make them on the paper/canvas.

I wanted to be a professional artist when I was younger, but I realized that I hate working on a deadline and that's pretty much the job description.

Anyway, cheers to all the great art and artists in here.

I'll put this in here, since it is sure to interest the artists in our community:

The Evansville Museum has discovered that they had a rare and original Picasso hidden in its collection; the curators had always thought it was by someone else. The painting is called 'Seated Woman with Red Hat.' (Had a look at it - it's incredible, very Picasso, and quite hypnotic.) The irony is that the painting is too valuable (already estimated into the millions) to be hung at that museum, so they have to sell it off. Not sure at this point where it will end up.

self_portrait_8_19_12_by_destryker17-d5bz4nz.png

Was going to do fan art but then I got distracted by the convex reflection of my face on the desk lamp in front of me and ended up doing this on a Saturday night.

Ah, was wondering if there was a thread like this :D

IMG_2045.jpg

I took this picture of a Plane Wing from a pretty bad airline :lol:

ToningExperimentationA.png

And turned it into this. Took about 2 hours to perfect.

Air7com.png

This was the original logo I designed for the image below. Simply took the Slant font and manipulated it on Photoshop to create it.

TheFinalOutcome.png

Took 2.5 weeks to design and perfect, one of my personal favorite works. Also a modification of the picture at the beginning of this post. :)

*snip*

Was going to do fan art but then I got distracted by the convex reflection of my face on the desk lamp in front of me and ended up doing this on a Saturday night.

That's great AOS! 👍

Iv'e done pretty much exactly the same thing using watercolours about 20yrs ago.
I used 2 stainless steel teapots/coffee pots (1 on it's side, and one standing up), and a stainless steel tablespoon... the results were freaky! the cylindrical reflection of the teapots/coffee pots were strange but the spoon reflection one was crazy (made my ugly mug look like a gargoyle. :lol:)

I'll have to try and dig them out the next time i visit my mom (i'm sure she still has them).

[EDIT]

Come to think of it, it may have been the tea/coffee pot one (on it's side), which made me appear like a gargoyle.

Pretty sure everyone's first photoshop uses lens flare and liquify in some way.

Attachments

• tek1.pdf
    248.5 KB · Views: 16
  • tek2.pdf
    446.8 KB · Views: 7
  • tek3.pdf
    758.4 KB · Views: 8
  • tek4.pdf
    379.3 KB · Views: 9
  • tek5.pdf
    270 KB · Views: 10
  • tek6.pdf
    384.4 KB · Views: 14
Anybody able to view kikie's art?
The computer I'm on now is giving me the raspberry.

Nice contributions, Andy - you are most definitely talented - if not downright hardworking at your craft.

Back