- 386

- NorthCharleston
- ND_4_SPD_Naruto
AE86 with the Sport Exhaust. *Drools* Oh my god it sounds so much better than GT5. Run it N/A and it sounds like a ITB N/A 4AG. ^__^
OkAE86 with the Sport Exhaust. *Drools* Oh my god it sounds so much better than GT5. Run it N/A and it sounds like a ITB N/A 4AG. ^__^
I'd have to disagree. Some sounds, actually are just horrible straight up.First off, every one who posts up should provide a detailed list of their audio systems. Stereo mix comparisons (youtube) are irrelevant
I'm rolling with a (true, not emulated 5.1) Turtle Beach PC 5.1 headphone/amp (around a hundred bucks) running through a Creative Sounds Extigy Sound Blaster external PC sound card (picked up for cheap on ebay>$50).
This setup was suggested to me by my friend who writes for Computer Audiophile. IMO the best bang for the buck out there.
So far, (no 'race' cars yet/no transmission swaps either) all the GT6 bumper cam audio mixes are pretty much faultless
The NSX S for example (which I remember sounding bad in GT5) sounds incredible. MUCH to my surprise, it roars.
As do the Alpines, the Dino's, the Rockets etc etc.
Three thumbs up !
I'd have to disagree. Some sounds, actually are just horrible straight up.
Also I'm not made of money so I can't go out buying the most expensive stuff on market whenever I want something new.
Exactly what i'm getting at.Very true. The decent sounds can be made better through a decent system (e.g. LFA, Rocket), but what it can't do is make very badly recorded sounds better (e.g. Z4 GT3, M3 GT2), and most importantly, cannot make incorrectly assigned samples correct either (e.g. it can't make the Aventador sound not like a V10, or the SLS GT3 not like a V12).
Exactly what i'm getting at.
This is definantely something PD have left on the shelf for far too long.
It's a shame that the RB26DETT engine sounds so bad, in all the skylines...
I'd have to disagree. Some sounds, actually are just horrible straight up.
Also I'm not made of money so I can't go out buying the most expensive stuff on market whenever I want something new.
You're missing my point.
It was recorded to be played back in 5.1, it's just not going to sound the same if you play it back in stereo or emulated surround. Imo, that's why most of the whining and complaining is ignored by PD.
$150 well spent on a proper headphone/amp/sound card (playstation compatible) and I'm sure your criticisms will go away.
It's way cheaper than a 5.1 speaker setup and even that requires fairly precise speaker placement to reap the rewards. Btw, the pc Extigy sound card is circa 2001 (that's why its so cheap on ebay) and is still arguably the best sound card for the Playstation.
I bought the latest Turtle Beach 5.1 (Earforce E6A's) but prefer to use the older Hpa5's.
As long as you stay away from 5.1, you'll always be critical of the audio presentation.
Amen haha,However, one key issue with GT's sound design is the fact that a number of cars do not have the correct sounds assigned to them, as I mentioned before.
Unfortunately, even with cars new to the series, the same sort of error is still being made. While the LFA will sound better through a good sound system, the best sound system in the world will not stop the V12 engined Huayra from sounding like a Gallardo's V10. More examples of incorrectly assigned or wrong sounds include the Imprezas, the old M3, the SLS GT3, the Murcielago, the Aventador, the Reventon, the GT40, pretty much every rally car and a number of LMPs. There'll be loads more to add to this list. The output can never be accurate if the sound source itself is wrong.
The X2010 and X2011 sound pretty awesome, with a proper sounding turbo V6 at high revs.
Idk haha that would be funny and would suck major bollocks xD.What if the sounds on the X cars are placeholders? What if they chane them to bad sounds in the future?![]()
Okay, so really any Viper, sounds about the same as all the others (Surprise lol).@JDMTuningDR30 The current one to be exact, the original one is the same from GT5, I can assume the 2nd-gen car is the same.
Yeah haha.A good bit of the premiums have decent sounds with the stock exhaust.
If someone would've told me 10 years ago that GT's sounds were still being criticized in the 6th installment. I would've said they probably won't make it to a GT6.
Yeah haha.
Don't want to be a comparison idiot but look at Forza 5's sounds, they are close to being spot on, and they give you a buzz when you hear them, they have a growl, the exhaust sounds roar through the stands.
I actually think GT will never get to that point sadly.
Yes! That's why they sound much better than all the other carsThey will, i actually have high hopes for PD in the future. Their new office is definitely going to help the overall quality of the game.
They need to start capturing sounds of cars under a load though, no matter if it's on a dyno, or on a track. When i saw how they captured the sound of the Hudson hornet, they basically showed their biggest flaw. Not capturing the sound under a load. They just free revved the car, hence why the sound in the game is so bland.
Not to say all of the sounds are caught that way, i imagine a lot of them are though. I think the x 2014 junior's sound was captured on a dyno. You can hear the load strain in the exhaust note, and that makes the sound in the game that much better.