Any chance of a zoomed in cockpit view?

xiv_R_A_I_D_E_R_
Any chance of a zoomed in cockpit view without a steering wheel for people using a logitech wheel because it feels kind of awkward using a wheel & seeing a wheel on screen

You can't change the angle or the zoom of the cockpit view in Prologue. This might come with a future update though, or we'll probably see it in GT5, who knows.

Any chance of a zoomed in cockpit view without a steering wheel for people using a logitech wheel because it feels kind of awkward using a wheel & seeing a wheel on screen

You just hit the nail on head the for me. This is why I don't like cockpit view - I'm already looking over a steering wheel - the whole thing is like an out of body experience. Not as bad as chase but still too freaky for me. Pity too cos it looks gorgeous.

Live For Speed allows you to adjust your seat height, distance fore and aft, field of view, pitch of view, and your viewing angle inside the car. The ability to adjust your viewing distance/angle can improve your peripheral vision dramatically and allows you to see your side mirror/ mirrors. You can also adjust the rear view mirror up/down/left/right. It even goes as far as to let you choose Left or Right hand drive...which is realistic as many of the cars in GT5 are produced in both Left and Right hand drive versions.

In LFS, it is also optional to enable "Move View With Animation". For example: When turning the wheel to the left or right, your field of view turns with the wheel so you see more of the track ahead. It basically mimics the driver turning his head to look further into the direction of the turn.

I sure hope PD can implement some of these options in the final release of GT5. (Either that, or give us TrackIr support!!! 👍 )

You just hit the nail on head the for me. This is why I don't like cockpit view - I'm already looking over a steering wheel - the whole thing is like an out of body experience.

Reminds me of the beginning of The Simpsons where Maggie is 'driving'

I quite like the interior view, it's more or less what you see in your peripheral vision when driving a real car anyway.

I can imagine how it feels a bit silly looking over your game wheel and seeing the full dashboard, but then it looks a bit silly driving like a lunatic at a complete standstill in your living room anyway ;)

There's the bumper view and the hood view, use either one of those.

You're not forced to use cockpit view

Yes I know but it seems like a waste of development time to have beautiful car interiors & only showcase it with one view hopefully GT5 has it

I hope they dont zoom it in its already hard enuf to see the mirrors on some cars.

I feel the same way. This would cut our field of vision even further. I shouldn't have to turn my head to glimpse a moving object outside my passenger window.

I'm not sure PD will go this far, but at least SONY was made aware of the desire for an adjustable (forward and back) driver POV. We'll have to wait and see if we get any adjustment at all.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I have no problem with the steering wheel in the interior view. In fact I think it is quite cool how that all works. I guess it depends on your setup. If your actual wheel is mounted high and in your line of sight I can see how it could be disconcerting to see another on screeen, but with mine mouted lower towards my lap I'm not really seeing it at all when looking at the screen.

whats odd with this view (wich I do use all the time) is when you turn the steering wheel more than 90°, the one on the screen, including the hands holding it, stop at 90°

whats odd with this view (wich I do use all the time) is when you turn the steering wheel more than 90°, the one on the screen, including the hands holding it, stop at 90°

It used to turn the wheel further, but because they had problems with the animations (especially crossing over of hands), they took it out of the recent version of Prologue to be fixed. It will likely re-appear again in the future.

I havent played Battle Gear in the States but since working in China I play an arcade game called Battle Gear. I think for GT5 they need to adopt the in car view like that game. It is similar except it doesnt have the wheel and the hands. It just shows the dash which is what I think most people want. Granted this view doesnt show the interior modeling in the game as well but I think it is better for the playing experience.

Just having an option to disable the wheel and/or hands would do nicely I think. Or even an option to set the onscreen wheel's turning range to match with our real wheel.

I hope they dont zoom it in its already hard enuf to see the mirrors on some cars.
With the actual cockpit view nor, in a lot of cars. For this, the ideal config is cockpit near view plus virtual mirror, like in the Battle Gear 4 (you can read the clocks ever, moreover):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuePuUNo-Qw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1udDbB7mEFE

With this view is not necesary any option to disable the wheel on the screen or any zoom or regulable seat position.

The old TRD2 (DTM RD2 or V8 Supercars) cockpit view is not bad, or the DiRT´s one (the wheel-near one), but I think the Battle Gear one is the best.

I think the cockpit is allready great. I play other PC sim games and I always tend to position the seat forward and up a bit. I think GT got it right, and should leve it as it is, but would not hurt to have an option to move the seat a bit for the ones that dont like it.

Dear Sir,

I will try to get a pic of the zoomed gt5 pro cockpit. I have a 40" new sony tv which allows you to do a zoome function...

Funlly enough it works well with 85% of the cars and its absolutley sensational.

The road looks bigger and all it does is cut off the car badge but you can see all the dials and the tip of the steering wheel... Slight loss on right or left hand side depending on which car but is ten times more realistic.

The other sony hdtv under 40" wont allow this function.

Il try get a picture and you will understand that this is the most realistic view gt5 pro can create.

Best Regards,

Fahim

Why would you want to do that?..you'll ruin the detail of the car..just go roof cam or bumper cam.

yeah i agree with louis. the incar view is sooo fantastic. i dont want it mucked with. it beats out pc sims imo and thats a hell of a feat with 16 cars on a track at 60 fps!! thats pretty nutty

I just position my GFP Wheel so that it covers the wheel on screen, works great. I love the cockpit view and i always use a wheel.

+1

GTR2 sim is nice because it allows the user to 'adjust' the seat forward and backward (move the view closer in or further back)

The problem with the default cockpit view is that it feels like you are sitting in the back seat, although admittedly GT5 is not as bad as GTR2 in this regard - even with the GTR2 seat all the way forward.

I would like such games to have the option to remove the wheel from from view if you choose, and then move your POV as far up/down/forward/backwards as you like until you get the one that feels right to you.

The zoomed cockpit i get using the sony hdtv is very realistic.

The dashboard is roughly the same size as a real life dash of a car.

Also the wing mirrors are now real size.

Of course you'll need a 40" screen to recreate this and HAVE A ZOOM FEATURE in the tv.

I think the cockpit is allready great. I play other PC sim games and I always tend to position the seat forward and up a bit. I think GT got it right, and should leve it as it is, but would not hurt to have an option to move the seat a bit for the ones that dont like it.

+1

Latest Posts

Back