any other bike games like TT?

• Thread starter takatasan
  • 33 comments
But still there is nothing like TT. I recently started playing again after many years without it. It is a one of a kind, sadly. The only hope I see is Tourist Trophy 2. I still enjoy TT1 though. But some HD graphics wouldn't hurt.

But still there is nothing like TT. I recently started playing again after many years without it. It is a one of a kind, sadly. The only hope I see is Tourist Trophy 2. I still enjoy TT1 though. But some HD graphics wouldn't hurt.

Heck, I'd be happy with TT1 re-released so I can play it on my PS3. My PS2 compatible PS3 died :(

I miss TT, so I would like to see it on the PlayStation Store, too!

As far as another game, I've only seen (- and tried one game - in) the MotoGP-series. I didn't feel the same atmosphere as I did in TT.

Tourist Trophy single-handedly inspired me to get my M-class license and buy a motorcycle, it was that good. I've never enjoyed any other modern motorcycle game. I don't want to ride MotoGP bikes on boring circuits in some staid championship sim. TT is absolutely one-of-a-kind, like kekke2000 said, and it's sad that the concept never took off.

The motorcycle racing genre badly needs its own "Forza Horizon"; an open road game with roadgoing bikes like Tourist Trophy, sim-like physics, and a dose of flavor.

Wolfe
Tourist Trophy single-handedly inspired me to get my M-class license and buy a motorcycle, it was that good. I've never enjoyed any other modern motorcycle game. I don't want to ride MotoGP bikes on boring circuits in some staid championship sim. TT is absolutely one-of-a-kind, like kekke2000 said, and it's sad that the concept never took off.

The motorcycle racing genre badly needs its own "Forza Horizon"; an open road game with roadgoing bikes like Tourist Trophy, sim-like physics, and a dose of flavor.

yes i would love that, i never liked the idea of racing around with grand prix bikes

As mentioned, there is absolutely nothing comparable to Tourist Trophy. It's in a league of its own. I doubt we will ever see anything like it - going by vgchartz's sales figures. It's a niche market, after all.

Never say never. I don't think anybody is even considering making another bike sim, but I still hope anyway.

As mentioned, there is absolutely nothing comparable to Tourist Trophy. It's in a league of its own. I doubt we will ever see anything like it - going by vgchartz's sales figures. It's a niche market, after all.

I think you are right. I hold out hope. I think it's a big enough market to support something, like an add on for GT5/6 if not a full game.

Last edited:
It is pointless to make a bike sim. That's why TT never seen the sequel. Auto simulation is easier to make it real. Only thing that isn't there is G-Force. There's not even a proper motorcycle steering handlebar out for consoles or PCs. And how would you simulate leaning the bike and knee-out technique in simulation game?

Impossible. That's why it will never achieve success as big as Gran Turismo or other auto simulation.

A forza horizon but with motorcycles would be AWESOME I would shell out $100 for a game like that. Makes me want to gather a bunch of guys, go learn how to be game designers and make a game just like that. It obviously wouldn't be easy but how else are we going to get a game like that?

From memory I didn't think TT was very realistic, but had lots of nice road bikes. TT Superbikes on PS2 was the only bike game I played to come close to feeling realistic. It also had the full Isle of Man TT course, which was much more exciting than a regular track.

It's worth a try if you can find it.

If they make Tourist Trophy 2 on the PS4 with the Isle Of Mann TT course i will buy it most definately.Especially if you can race with real characters and bikes from any era like Guy Martin, Joey Dunlop, Giacomo Agostini etc.With full damage, realistic physics, full modification tools, realistic tyre wear and upto the minute weather changes too.Also got to have the Northwest 200 race in Ireland aswell, that would be wicked.Oh and the Manx TT/GP too.

Last edited:

TT inspired you buy a bike? nice. As for my TT merely revived and enchanced my love of motorcycles. These days when it come to cars and motorcycles, I'm more a bike nut than the car nut I use to be and thanks most in part to TT and MotoGP 4(PS2).

theBANzai
It is pointless to make a bike sim. That's why TT never seen the sequel. Auto simulation is easier to make it real.

There is nothing pointless about making a bike game as TT is the best thing that motorcycle games have going. One problem though is that was released under the wrong technical conditions e.g. the PS2.

Another problem stem from GT itself...the series have became so huge that developers out there are putting more effort into producing clones hence why we got game like Forza, NFS:Shift, Iracing, etc.

Now if you were to ask me, PD/Sony really F'ed up when they made what should've been a PS3 launch title a PS2 and one that was lacking on the technical side one that lacked key stuff like MotoGP, WSBK to name a few.

Last edited:
There's not even a proper motorcycle steering handlebar out for consoles or PCs.

What about this?

YAMAHAMORTCONT.jpg

I sworn must have seen something like that in an old Indonesian computer-related magazine. :)

TT inspired you buy a bike? nice. As for my TT merely revived and enchanced my love of motorcycles. These days when it come to cars and motorcycles, I'm more a bike nut than the car nut I use to be and thanks most in part to TT and MotoGP 4(PS2).
Yup, I already had a passive admiration for bikes (like most car nuts), and spent some time on motorcycle games before. It's easy to like bikes, but what Tourist Trophy did was open my eyes to the experience of riding. It also happened to come along when I was a fresh young adult with few living expenses, allowing me to make a modest investment on my Ninja.

I'm still more of a car nut than a bike nut myself, but the Ninja is my "sportscar." There's always videogames for Ferraris and Porsches and whatnot, while the Ninja is a fraction of the cost and size. :D

I had fun back in the day on Riding Spirits 2, thanks to the customisation of bikes which saw you being able to remove headlights and such like to build it int a race spec machine, but it wasn't that nice to ride.

First of all I'd like to say I am writing this from the point off view of someone who actually likes LOOKING at bikes ie. moving them around and admiring them in the garage, going out and doing a few laps through some nice scenery and watching the replay etc, more than the quality of the racing, modes, missions, tricks available etc.....of course good handling is important as well, and TT is STILL probably the best if you add garage, tracks, handling and sound together, others are better in individual elements though. TT has it's faults - my main gripe is no Kawasaki strokers were included!! - but it wins overall I think.

Superbikes Riding Challenge has another race circuit/'Out on the road' mix of tracks, using production bikes, although there is one race bike - they have also included some interesting makes and models that not only will you not of seen in a game before - but even this 30+ years of riding and dispatch rider had never even heard of them!!! Graphics and scale are down on TT though.

Riding Spirits 1 and 2 quite simply blow TT's and all other bike games garages into the weeds! and you can also put on a LOAD of both visual and performance race spec parts, but graphics, handling, and especially sound are not good, again there is a nice mix of race circuits and 'Out on the road' tracks too and RS's comprehensive garage definitely makes RS3 a personal 'Want' of mine

That basically covers the worth having circuit/OOTR, production/race type games, now for the 'Race series' types

TT Superbikes Real Road Racing, TT Superbikes Real Road Racing Championship, and TT Superbikes Legends, all include the full IOM circuit - so are worth having just for that - later games got more real closed public road circuits - such as Macau and the NW200 etc. The first two have a mix of race classes including sidecars and Legends has a particularly interesting, if small, garage spanning fifty odd years. Graphics, sound and (ease of) handling are all poor again though. That IOM track makes TT4 another 'Want'

MotoGP and World Superbikes have been with us for several years now and are still going so clearly are the best looking, my main problem with these is that they are more focused on the riders and teams and the bikes themselves are almost secondary - treated as merely tools that the riders use and reflected in poor quality showroom visuals - ie. I want to look, rotate, inspect etc. the bikes and also know what model and year etc. it is , later games are thankfully adding more classes to expand the title limited garage however, they do add a bit more interest with a 'Champions' or 'legends' garage (again focused on riders more than bikes) but every year they use the same stable of bikes and since the GP has been going since '49 and World Superbikes since '88 I really do think they should go further back and pick a different selection - in fact they could almost just keep bringing out bike packs to load into the game.....Forever!! - also there are a lot of bikes in that long history that are interesting but didn't neccasary win or were riden by famous riders I'd like to see - no disrespect to the racers or teams here, and they are important to have, but as I said from the start I'm looking at this from a bike LOVERS perspective and if I wanted to look at Humans I'd get The Sims. I have to also say that the minor yearly changes to these titles don't really make me want to buy them much but if every year they added a new and different stable of say 10 - 20 'Past' machines...now that WOULD be a good reason to get it (same for the WRC/F1 car brigade too) An interesting point to note is that up to MotoGP '08, where the game became cross platform, the previous Xbox/X360 and PS2 games were COMPLETELY different so if you only have one consoles type, try the others!

Next come the MX games..these sometimes feature quads as well and are more about doing tricks and acrobatics as much as racing - The new MXGP looks a bit more serious, however it is again more of a rider/team orientated thing than THE BIKE itself affair

Paris Dakar Rally and Dakar 2 had bikes, but frankly they're rubbish, and there are various other buggy/off roader games that have bikes that are all below par

There are also various mission based games like GTA that feature - generaly - fantasy bikes

Midnight Club, PGR, and Test Drive Unlimited have featured real bikes and Burnout, Motorstorm, and Fuel featured fantasy ones among their mixed vehicle lineups - all are good games but PGR and Motorstorm are probably the best of each type (bike wise)

And once you have that lot there is always Hawk Kawaski, Crescent Suzuki (basically same game/different bike and both featuring sidecars), Harley-Davidson Race to the Rally or that pathetic Ducati thing on PSN........but you really are scraping the barrel with these!! although the Harley one has models you can only get in that game and the Suzuki/Kawasaki one has some nice tracks.

So that sums up my console bike game review I think I got most of them in and like I said at the begining I am looking at this from a bike LOVERS point of view more than someone who just wants to race an 'Object' around a course and win......Roll on TT2 I say!

Last edited:
First of all I'd like to say I am writing this from the point off view of someone who actually likes LOOKING at bikes ie. moving them around and admiring them in the garage, going out and doing a few laps through some nice scenery and watching the replay etc, more than the quality of the racing, modes, missions, tricks available etc.....of course good handling is important as well, and TT is STILL probably the best if you add garage, tracks, handling and sound together, others are better in individual elements though. TT has it's faults - my main gripe is no Kawasaki strokers were included!! - but it wins overall I think.

Superbikes Riding Challenge has another race circuit/'Out on the road' mix of tracks, using production bikes, although there is one race bike - they have also included some interesting makes and models that not only will you not of seen in a game before - but youv'e probably never heard of them either! graphics and scale are down on TT though.

Riding Spirits 1 and 2 quite simply blow TT's and all other bike games garages into the weeds! and you can also put on a LOAD of both visual and performance race spec parts, but graphics, handling, and especially sound are not good, there is a nice mix of race circuits and 'Out on the road' tracks too and RS3 is a personal 'Want' of mine

That basically covers the worth having circuit/OOTR, production/race type games, now for the 'Race series' types

TT Superbikes Real Road Racing, TT Superbikes Real Road Racing Championship, and TT Superbikes Legends, all include the full IOM circuit - so are worth having just for that - later games got more real closed public road circuits - such as Macau and the NW200 etc. The first two have a mix of race classes including sidecars and Legends has a particularly interesting, if small, garage spanning fifty odd years. Graphics, sound and (ease of) handling are all poor again though.

MotoGP and World Superbikes have been with us for several years now and are still going so clearly are the best looking, my main problem with these is that they are more focused on the riders and teams and the bikes themselves are almost secondary - treated as merely tools that the riders use and reflected in poor quality showroom visuals - ie. I want to look, rotate, inspect etc. the bikes and also know what model and year etc. it is , later games are thankfully adding more classes to expand the title limited garage however, they do add a bit more interest with a 'Champions' or 'legends' garage (again focused on riders more than bikes) but every year they use the same stable of bikes and since the GP has been going since '49 and World Superbikes since '88 I really do think they should go further back and pick a different selection - in fact they could almost just keep bringing out bike packs to load into the game.....Forever!! - also there are a lot of bikes in that long history that are interesting but didn't neccasary win or were riden by famous riders I'd like to see - no disrespect to the racers or teams here, and they are important to have, but as I said from the start I'm looking at this from a bike LOVERS perspective and if I wanted to look at Humans I'd get The Sims. An interesting point to note is that up to MotoGP '08, where the game became cross platform, the previous Xbox/X360 and PS2 games were COMPLETELY different so if you only have one consoles type, try the others!

Next come the MX games..these sometimes feature quads as well and are more about doing tricks and acrobatics as much as racing - The new MXGP looks a bit more serious, however it is again more of a rider/team orientated thing than THE BIKE itself affair

Paris Dakar Rally and Dakar 2 had bikes, but frankly they're rubbish, and there are various other buggy/off roader games that have bikes that are all below par

There are also various mission based games like GTA that feature - generaly - fantasy bikes

Midnight Club, PGR, and Test Drive Unlimited have featured real bikes and Burnout, Motorstorm, and Fuel featured fantasy ones among their mixed vehicle lineups - all are good games but PGR and Motorstorm are probably the best of each type (bike wise)

And once you have that lot there is always Hawk Kawaski, Crescent Suzuki (basically same game/different bike and both featuring sidecars), Harley-Davidson Race to the Rally or that pathetic Ducati thing on PSN........but you really are scraping the barrel with these!! although the Harley one has models you can only get in that game and the Suzuki/Kawasaki one has some nice tracks.

So that sums up my console bike game review I think I got most of them in and like I said at the begining I am looking at this from a bike LOVERS point of view more than someone who just wants to race an'Object' around a course and win.

That is a lot of research. It puts the big question to mind again. How can an old game like TT still run unopposed as the best production bike game of all time? Especially since its just a spin-off from GT4. It was the golden years of PD and it's time to bring them back with GT7 and TT2.

Roger That mate....and the bit I read about Polyphony taking pictures at the IOM is absolutely mouthwatering!!
It sure is. It'll probably be long before we ever see the track in-game, but the fact that they're even at Isle of Man to begin with gives me a slight hope of seeing a long-awaited sequel to TT.

Looking forward to Ride. Hopefully it will have better physics than the last motogp games.

One more - GPBikes.

It's a motorcycle racing sim in development for PC - http://www.gp-bikes.com/ There is a demo (beta) which is very playable. After adjusting the graphics options the game looks nice and the physics are great but it's far from finished. I'm guessing it will be more of a sim like iRacing and rFactor rather than a "full game" like Tourist Trophy. I really hope that one day there will be a game like Ride (with many production bike models) with the physics of GPBikes.

cdx
Looking forward to Ride. Hopefully it will have better physics than the last motogp games.

One more - GPBikes.

It's a motorcycle racing sim in development for PC - http://www.gp-bikes.com/ There is a demo (beta) which is very playable. After adjusting the graphics options the game looks nice and the physics are great but it's far from finished. I'm guessing it will be more of a sim like iRacing and rFactor rather than a "full game" like Tourist Trophy. I really hope that one day there will be a game like Ride (with many production bike models) with the physics of GPBikes.

You may have a dream come true, as Ride will be on PC and Steam aswell.Not that it means much but even so.

Any updates as far as release dates for Ride? Is there enough interest for its own forum?
We have a thread for RIDE in the Console & PC Gaming forum. I doubt that there's enough support to validate its own sub-forum though.

Release date is March 20th.

Back