Any questions to Taku Imasaki? UPDATE: questions answered

• Thread starter ron86
  • 355 comments
Didn't mean to belittle your questions, it's just they have been answered one way or another, i am waiting for pcars personally.
I have the same feeling about kaz, i was having a blast with some other games, wasnt going to buy 6 but that ayrton senna content swung me around. Happier than with gt5 but still has many disconected/missing features-to-content.

I don't see how an image stretched out over 3 screens is worth 3x the money.

I can understand dual screens on a PC for multi-tasking, but for gaming, console or PC, there's little to no point.

But, whatever, it's your cash at the end of it all.
It's not one image stretched over three screens, it's two additional images added to the main screen. It allows you to see 66% more information, I can see cars beside me that I otherwise couldn't see. It also creates a sense of speed you don't get from a single monitor.

image.jpg

I can understand dual screens on a PC for multi-tasking, but for gaming, console or PC, there's little to no point.

But, whatever, it's your cash at the end of it all.
I thought like you before I try it...

I can understand dual screens on a PC for multi-tasking, but for gaming, console or PC, there's little to no point. ...

Streeto, first of all- please don't ever change your avatar. This is bat country if I've ever seen it. Next, it's all about that peripheral vision on a racetrack, man. Close combat in twitchy machines requires it. I understand you're a bit of a drifter. Wouldn't you prefer to glance around those a-pillars when going in sideways at 70mph?

I know it's costly now, but with devices like the oculus rift coming soon, we definitely want PD and other devs to program these wide views and look-around abilities. VR-type viewing is now within reach, and in games/sims where your body is basically fixed (racing, flight-sims, etc), having 360deg views is incredibly valuable.

👍

aww dangit I got tree'd a lil bit..

Since this videos have 600ish views, its probable most of you didn't see. Some of Taku's interviews about gt6
Dlc

This is what I hate about PD "It already comes with over 1000 cars" when 700 of them are ps2 quality. what PD should say is "It already comes with over 400 cars with ps3 quality" because if they keep transporting cars from gt to the next gt we will have ps2 cars in a ps4 game and that just won't do PD unless you upgrade all of them or simply remove them (it will be a shame to lose all of the cars that made GT unique but this has to happen). I'm not a forza fan but they have over 200 cars with next gen quality and they don't copy the cars from forza 4 to forza 5 without upgrading them to next gen graphics and sound, forza 5 with all DLC will have around 300 cars very well made and forza 6 will have even more cars with that astonishing quality.

Last edited:
The only question that I have for this so-called Taku Imasaki is: When are you going to fix it so that player's wins in the Red Bull Race Events are actually counted? As it stands as of this moment, if you partake in the event, it adds to the Number of Races that a particular player has entered, but it does not add to their Number of Wins.

My question is: when are the questions actually going to be asked? If we're waiting on the community to come to a consensus on the top three questions......well, that's not likely to happen. Just pick some questions and ask already before he forgets that he agreed to it.
SNL-obama-dropping-mic.gif

Last edited:
@ron86 We all know that Ayrton Senna content is coming, but you should ask if anything relating to Taki Inoue is in the works.

More career mode events? Give me a reason to BUY YOUR DLC. I am not going to buy all the DLC and then wait for the extended spec 3 A-Spec mode that never came like in GT5. I'll wait for more career mode stuff, and if that happens, I'll buy the DLC afterwards.

Edit..

Oh.. and WHEN is the clutch going to be fixed? As it is, it sucks, and desperately needs to be fixed so we don't constantly get the big -N-!!

Don't care about livery editor, but sound improvements would be nice.

Last edited:
Made a list of the most popular requests (by the amount of people who want them. The results aren't very surprising.

Event Creator – 14
Sounds – 12
Customization (Livery Editor, etc.) – 12

Old tracks – 10
Shuffle – 7
Endurance – 7
Fanbase Communication – 6
All Cars Premium (Especially Supra) – 4
Custom Rim Tire Glitch – 4
Community Features – 4
B-Spec – 3
AI – 3
Hardcore Mode – 3
Course Creator – 3
DLC – 3
Physics – 2
Tuning – 2
Lighting Issue – 1
Ayrton Senna – 1
Standing Starts – 1
Photo Travel Locations – 1

Thanks for summarizing GranTurismo916, i will ask Taku about these three things today!

Edit:

Here are my questions:

1. What is your direction and planning in regards to sound in GT6, can we expect more changes in that area, as the new RedBull cars were a hint of Polyphony's new sound?

2. The ability of customization and adding a personal artistic flair to cars have been mentioned before, specifically a livery editor, can we expect anything in the future in terms of editing?

3. Is there a possibilty of an "event creator" in a future update for the offline mode in Gt6? For example where you can choose the cars of the opponents, their tuning, the type of start (standing, rolling double-file), qualifying on/off, order of tracks for championships, and set fuel and tire consumption, slipstream intensity, and A.I. difficulty?

Are you ok with them?

Last edited:
Thanks for summarizing GranTurismo916, i will ask Taku about these three things today!

Do likes not count?
My question about social media presence, feedback and communication got 13 likes, plus 1 for me posting, and there a couple of similar posts in the thread too, yet it's not even on that list at all.

I just made a new Poll Thread so that everything is fair :cheers:

Thanks, I'm actually really interested to see the result, as I think because it is less effort, more people will vote, than would write a reply to a topic, so should give a good representation of the communities views.

Any chance to costumize the game to my liking?
As in setting default values for all the cars in arcade/career/online such as TCS/ABS/SRF or other little helpers.
In addition i'd like to see the possibility to remove the instant replay after a race win.
If i want to see a replay i do so, no need to force me to.

Allow us wheel users a proper calibration of the wheel and pedals, please.

Fix ABS, again please.

First answer is here :)

,,1. Ronald we are aware of our fans view on sound in the GT games. My view is that the GT team is trying to force delivering authentic sound thru the playstation console, whereas usually game developers would simplify or filter to make the sound 'game-friendly'. Kazunori & team are putting effort in this and you will certainly see changes in the future.''

2. This one is difficult to answer, but please understand that Kazunori & team Polyphony has a very specific level of technology/visual quality standard that they stick to, and they don't want to sacrifice it by giving too much freedom in the players hands. They've always struggled with this balance, but at the same time they are very aware that level of customization always comes top on the list in fans' requests. Again, as they work on optimizing the code and as the hardware gets updated, you will see improvements in this area as well.

Hey guys!

1. Ronald we are aware of our fans view on sound in the GT games. My view is that the GT team is trying to force delivering authentic sound thru the playstation console, whereas usually game developers would simplify or filter to make the sound 'game-friendly'. Kazunori & team are putting effort in this and you will certainly see changes in the future.

Ok so I said earlier in this thread when I pretended to take the role of Taku Imasaki and answered that question for him, we pretty much got the same answer. All we bassically got was "We are hoping to improve on them."

Do you see now what a bad choice of questions these were?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-question-answered.296801/page-3#post-9193506

Ok so I said earlier in this thread when I pretended to take the role of Taku Imasaki and answered that question for him, we pretty much got the same answer. All we bassically got was "We are hoping to improve on them."

Do you see now what a bad choice of questions these were?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-question-answered.296801/page-3#post-9193506

At least we got the reason why the sounds are so different to other games again - because they arent exaggerated!

For example, yesterday i drove the buick gnx in gt6 many times and watched the replays, then i watched real videos of gnx'es on youtube and was astonished how similar it sounded to the gt6 one. I than watched a replay of a stock gnx in forza 5 (where everybody says how great the sounds are...) and it sounded nothing like the real one, much too grumpy and distorted - which may sounds better to the majority but not like the real one.

First answer is here :)

,,1. Ronald we are aware of our fans view on sound in the GT games. My view is that the GT team is trying to force delivering authentic sound thru the playstation console, whereas usually game developers would simplify or filter to make the sound 'game-friendly'. Kazunori & team are putting effort in this and you will certainly see changes in the future.''

Hehe. ;)
That's a bit more than just "we are improving them". Read between the lines: "delivering authentic sound"; "usually game developers would simplify ... to make the sound 'game friendly'". That lines up with my suspicions nicely. This statement doesn't really apply to the existing sounds, except for the sound engine (Doppler, delay, flybys etc.) But we shall see.

Great work, ron86 - I'm very impressed with your approach here, and also very grateful to you and Taku Imasaki for taking the time to get this info to us! :D:tup:

At least we got the reason why the sounds are so different to other games again - because they arent exaggerated!

For example, yesterday i drove the buick gnx in gt6 many times and watched the replays, then i watched real videos of gnx'es on youtube and was astonished how similar it sounded to the gt6 one. I than watched a replay of a stock gnx in forza 5 (where everybody says how great the sounds are...) and it sounded nothing like the real one, much too grumpy and distorted - which may sounds better to the majority but not like the real one.

No, because you could already easily determine that was the case just by listening to them. In fact I have stated on GTP numerous times this is the reason.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/give-us-better-sounds-please.260365/page-95#post-9039855

I think its that PD are too afraid to go over the top with sounds and exaggerate it and distort it.

I think with all the complaints about sounds they should realise they are too conservative and should just go all out. Even if the sounds are not accurate people will prefer it to what we currently have.

-Me, over a month ago.

Good answers - thanks for organizing this! 👍:cheers:

Now may I suggest as next question slow AI and game being too easy ? So to keep it short - will the AI get more competitive with some "Hardcore Mode" update or can we expect anything in this aspect ? Also grid starts along the better AI obviously - working in tandem.

But is he taking new questions ?

Well, I was spot on accurate a few months ago when I guessed Kaz likely wouldn't want "silly" looking cars in GT and all over YouTube.

I even started a thread about other suggestions like a sticker editor or choosing from a list of real world liveries...

So now we might want to send them more suggestions on how to add more "canned" visual customization knowing his standards instead of flogging the horse to death, Kaz just doesn't see a forza style editor as part of the vision of GT.

Latest Posts

Back