Any sound difference in Exhaust upgrading?

• Thread starter Sonzilla
  • 27 comments
I can't seem to determine the sound change while upgrading to a full race exhaust :confused:

Is there something wrong with my sound setup or is this the way it is?

Actually, there's a slight difference but the most notable of which is the popping.

Yeah, on the brightside, stock cars probably sound a little meaner/louder than they should.

I'm in the S2000 equipped with a full race exhaust and as Terronium mentioned yes you can hear it backfire but it's so random sometimes it pops and sometimes it doesn't. Same goes for the other cars I tried.

I just don't understand why the developers would do this, I mean it's like leaving out the BOV sound with the turbo upgrade it's common knowledge. Their trying to make this a true racing simulator but leave out various exhaust sounds???????? oh but they throw in roll over crashes and way overdone damage. smh...

I've been playing this game quite often and overall I really enjoy it but I never rolled any of my cars over ever! I gotta be a complete retard:dunce: to roll over a car in this game. I mean what's the point?? Only conclusion I can come up with is that Forza developers wanted to pleasure the 12yr old and younger kids with backwards driving crashing roll overs ..:drool:

oooops I'm ranting.....:sly:

I've been playing this game quite often and overall I really enjoy it but I never rolled any of my cars over ever! I gotta be a complete retard:dunce: to roll over a car in this game. I mean what's the point?? Only conclusion I can come up with is that Forza developers wanted to pleasure the 12yr old and younger kids with backwards driving crashing roll overs ..:drool:

Find the lightest non-race car you got, go on Nurburgring, start hitting the high rumble stripes. Roll over easily

Find the lightest non-race car you got, go on Nurburgring, start hitting the high rumble stripes. Roll over easily

It's actually quite fun rolling the car over from hitting the strips at an angle, and it's even more fun when you're rewinding and you realize how realistic it looks.

You know, as real as a rollover can look. :P

I rolled over cars in the demo all the time...probably because it was intentional. However, on Season 5, about level 45, I have yet to even make a car get on two wheels, let alone roll.

I was blasting a Viper Competition Coupe around the 'Ring with my mate last night, he was staying right on my tail in the same car but as he rounded a corner near the end of the track he came across me tumbling through the air and I landed right infront of him causing an even bigger crash. All I did was hit a rumble strip at the wrong angle going stupidly fast with full lock on!

It's very easy to make the smaller cars like the 500 roll, too.

That sounds like the perfect replay for you to upload for us to see! Sounds awesome!

It's going on the storefront today, my friend wants to see it too so he can watch my racing line. The crash occurs fairly late in the race so you might have to fast forward it a bit. He also fishtailed me on the finish line so we ended up 100ths of a second apart :lol:

I've rolled at the New York track with the chicanes but that was only because I was intentionally clipping the strips to get the car on two wheels. I've not come close to rolling otherwise.

I'm in the S2000 equipped with a full race exhaust and as Terronium mentioned yes you can hear it backfire but it's so random sometimes it pops and sometimes it doesn't. Same goes for the other cars I tried.

I just don't understand why the developers would do this, I mean it's like leaving out the BOV sound with the turbo upgrade it's common knowledge. Their trying to make this a true racing simulator but leave out various exhaust sounds???????? oh but they throw in roll over crashes and way overdone damage. smh...

BOV sounds are all there...

I've noticed that all the cars tend to sound like they've already got racing exhausts fitted, even though they're stock. Take a "listen" to an EG Honda Civic and you'll see what I mean.

Have Turn 10 done this to "amp up" gamers?

I've noticed that all the cars tend to sound like they've already got racing exhausts fitted, even though they're stock. Take a "listen" to an EG Honda Civic and you'll see what I mean.

I haven't experienced this yet.

You are absolutely correct. Turn 10 seems to have increased the volume and ferocity of all the vehicles, engine notes, in the game. As it has been said, there are minimal differences (if any, in some cases) between a stock and upgraded engine/exhaust. Therefore, they have cranked the stock engine sounds up to 11 to compensate.

The up side is all the vehicles sound much better in Forza 3, than in it's predecessor.

;)

The up side is all the vehicles sound much better in Forza 3, than in it's predecessor.

;)

You mean less realistic than it's predecessor.

That's why I can care less about damage and or roll overs because when your racing a real sim your not gonna really crash into anything that seriously. Maybe a bump here and there but on the most part if your serious about racing sims you should be able to enjoy a clean race regardless of what damage may or may not occur.

But I only say this if: "DAMAGE" will compromise the more important things such as proper exhaust notes, engine sounds, tire physics, car detail, telemetry and basic car physics.

If not then throw in damage, roll overs, fire and whatever else. Just make sure to get the basics right first. :rolleyes:

Yep, because what a sim looks and sounds like is what makes it a simulator. Not how realistic a physical aspect of it is.

You mean less realistic than it's predecessor.

No.... I don't.

The sounds themselves are much more realistic. The only thing unrealstic about them is the volume/ferocity. Making them sound as if they all are adorned with open exhaust systems.

I'll take them over the previous engine notes any day. If I'm going to be racing a car, I'm going to have a free breathing exhaust system (IRL) so, besides the novelty of hearing the sound change via upgrades, I would rather the engines sounds be the main focus. Although, I do agree that, ideally, damage should be left out in favor of more important aspects (physics/sounds/graphics/etc...)

That's why I can care less about damage and or roll overs because when your racing a real sim your not gonna really crash into anything that seriously. Maybe a bump here and there but on the most part if your serious about racing sims you should be able to enjoy a clean race regardless of what damage may or may not occur.

Absolutely. If you crash in a real race, your race is done 99% of the time (besides some longer endurrance races). So, having damage should be lower on the priority list, in my opinion.

;)

When I listen to cars, I can hear 2 exhaust notes at the same time

1 that sounds like a standard car and the other like a free flowing exhaust leaving me to believe the this lack of sound change is just ANOTHER glitch in this rushed game...

You are absolutely correct. Turn 10 seems to have increased the volume and ferocity of all the vehicles, engine notes, in the game. As it has been said, there are minimal differences (if any, in some cases) between a stock and upgraded engine/exhaust. Therefore, they have cranked the stock engine sounds up to 11 to compensate.

;)

It really depends on the car imo.

If you can, put FM2 in and take the Lamborghini Gallardo for a test drive. Listen to that glorious V10.

Now, jump into FM3 and drive the same car. It just sounds dull and lifeless in FM3

However, you are right about some sounds being better for example, the 5.0 "cammer" ford engine does sound incredible :drool:

Last edited:
It really depends on the car imo.

If you can, put FM2 in and take the Lamborghini Gallardo for a test drive. Listen to that glorious V10.

Now, jump into FM3 and drive the same car. It just sounds dull and lifeless in FM3

However, you are right about some sounds being better for example, the 5.0 "cammer" ford engine does sound incredible :drool:

You're right. There are a few vehicles in the game that do have a weak exhaust note (when compared with Forza 2). However, these are few and far between. 90% of the vehicles in game have an open exhaust note.

;)

if you hit the rumble strips on the new york track you will flip for sure that's the only time i ever got close to flipping. I did it multiple times in one race.

I think the only way to notice a huge difference in the exhaust tone is by switching the engine.

I have only flipped once and that was at at Nurburgring. Almost flipped at Maple Valley. I saved the Maple Valley race in my storefront. It was epic, I won even after almost flipping on the 4th lap with only 2 turns left.

Back