Anyone play TDU2 anymore?

• Thread starter Cowboys965
  • 461 comments
I agree, I think its far to lat for them and there are many other company's that make better apps than them.
If only they made the deal from Nintendo of Japan to sell Famicom through Atari, then they could've survived after the crash.

After a year, I finally found a way to buy and keep the DLC cars without having to pay real cash/Atari tokens. (For offline users only)

Note that you'll need:
1. A lot of cash. Some of the DLC cars are expensive for in game credits. The Ferrari 250 GTO is the most expensive DLC car and most expensive car in TDU2. It costs 4,750,000 million credits (with the 10% car discount). The Ferrari 599 China Edition and 599XX is also expensive costing around 2 million credits. The Pagani Zonda Tricolore costs around 1-2 million and lastly the Bugatti one offs (Centenaire and Sang Bleu) has a combined price of 4 million credits. Oh and don't worry about the Ferrari F40. It costs only around 450-500k. That also includes the American supercars (Viper ACR and Corvette ZR1). They cost around 150-250k.

2. Obviously more garage spaces. If you're planning to buy all DLC cars, you'll need at least 16-20 garage spaces.

So here's how to buy and keep a DLC car without having to pay real cash:
1. Watch this video and see how he's able to buy the Ferrari 250 GTO.

So you first go to the saleslady and then you'll see a list of cars that are available to buy. Once you see the DLC cars, press X/A/Enter on a non-DLC car then rapidly scroll to the DLC car then voila! You can buy the DLC car.

2. Once you're done buying, (this is the most important part) remember that everytime you want to stop playing TDU2, you must change your car that you're driving from a DLC car to a non DLC car because IF YOU STOP PLAYING TDU2 WHILE ON A DLC CAR AND DECIDE TO PLAY AGAIN, THE GAME WILL DETECT THAT YOU EITHER HACKED THE DLC/DID NOT BUY THE DLC CAR, THE DLC CARS THAT YOU HAVE BOUGHT WILL TURN INTO F:censored:ING PINK MUSTANGS.

3. Enjoy!

Notes:
- So far this might only work for offline use since Atari servers won't be able to detect that you bought the DLC car without paying real money/Atari tokens. Of course the game will still detect that you are driving the DLC car without paying so its like hiding it before you can use it.

- This works on all versions. I'm on PS3 and I don't think PC gamers will need this guide since they already have the Unofficial patch plus some "ways" of getting those DLC cars.

Last edited:
Ended up selling it since I was running out of garage space. And it was too tail-happy. When I get a bigger house, I might get it again. And since when did they add bikes?

Also, can you save during a championship? I was going to do the Ibiza Cup but the final event takes an hour long.

Last edited:
Ended up selling it since I was running out of garage space. And it was too tail-happy. When I get a bigger house, I might get it again. And since when did they add bikes?

Also, can you save during a championship? I was going to do the Ibiza Cup but the final event takes an hour long.
You mean like while doing a championship race? No.

You guys are glitching DLC for free and my genuine DLC got disabled because the game decided I wasn't entitled to it any more. Game was a mess anyway, they released it in a sorry state and abandoned it.

You guys are glitching DLC for free and my genuine DLC got disabled because the game decided I wasn't entitled to it any more. Game was a mess anyway, they released it in a sorry state and abandoned it.
But at least the modding community is still going strong.

My opinion as well. It's a garbage game with some decent ideas, but is pretty much a step backwards from the original in every regard.

Thankfully, The Crew is mostly what TDU2 should have been, but still, this was one of the most infuriating games I've ever been semi hyped for.

What The Crew doesn't have:

Two huge open maps
Working windows and turning signals
Modding community
Customizable characters
More open sticker editor
More exotic and classic cars

Honestly, I lost interest in The Crew when Horizon came out. And now that I'm into TDU2, I don't even touch The Crew anymore. I might uninstall it to save room for Motorsport 7.

@GTvsForza

So how's the Ibiza Cup?

Oh and about the last Ibiza Cup race, well that's just the appetizer because the last race for the Hawaii Cup 2 is longer but at least you're using a faster car. Oh and here's a tip for A1 races, use a Ferrari 599XX. It can even beat a Veyron on straights due to 599XX's ridiculous acceleration. It's acceleration is like the Ariel Atoms.

Finished it. Moved to Hawaii. Only got the A5/4 licenses right now. Need to get a good car, although I still have the Lotus.

Got cash? Go for the RS5. Beats every A5 car including the TT-RS which I would originally choose if my TDU2 copy was not updated. For A4 class, there's the Jaguar XKR Speed and Black Pack which is just an XKR with a special trim and better top speed. There's also the Caterham RS500 Superlight.

So basically buy a DLC car.

Ok so you could buy the RS5 if you want (RS5 costs 150k thus being the most expensive A5 car) then for A4 I suggest having the Jaguar XKR Speed and Black Pack, Caterham RS500 Superlight, and Ford Shelby GT500. Altogether it costs 300-400k but it is worth keeping in your garage.

TBH before I updated the game I had to exploit the Cup Glitch where I can repeat a cup race then lose it but still end up winning 1 million, 2.5 million, or 5 million.

BTW, I decided to make a suggested car list for A5-A1, B3, and C3 races.

C3- Dodge Charger R/T, Jaguar D-Type, and Ferrari 308
B3- Spyker D8 Peking to Paris (if you have the money) and Mercedes ML63.
A5- Audi RS5 and TT-RS Roadster
A4- Jaguar XKR Speed and Black Pack, Caterham RS500 Superlight, Ford Shelby GT500, and Aston Martin DB9
A3- Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition and Ferrari 612 Sessanta
A2 (this is going to be a lot since A2 is my favorite class)- Aston Martin V12 Vantage Carbon Black Edition, Ferrari 458 Italia (if you're playing on the PS3), Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR, Mercedes Benz SL65 Black Series, Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, Ford GT, Audi R8 V10, Ascari KZ1-R Edition, and Ferrari 430 Scuderia
A1- Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, Koenigsegg CCXR Edition, Ferrari 599XX, and Pagani Zonda Tricolore

So those are my suggested cars for each class in Hawaii.

Last edited:
Then go for it! The D8 is expensive in the European Car Dealer and getting one in a UCD is rare. But one question, is it tuned? But it doesn't matter go for it man!

The only time I tuned my cars is during the B3 and C3 races because the prices for tuning your car is not that high compared to to the Asphalt class.

Doesn't matter. Regardless if your vehicle is tuned or not the AIs are still the same.

Just got the C3 license and found all the wrecked parts for the VW Bug. Don't know what use it'll have, but I wanted to get it :)

Just got the C3 license and found all the wrecked parts for the VW Bug. Don't know what use it'll have, but I wanted to get it :)
I suggest looking for all Dodge Charger and Jaguar D Type wrecks. They are better than the C3 cars that you can buy plus you can use it for C3 races.

I've beaten every story mode race and got at least one example of all the cars, so what I did to try and get all the properties is exploit the used car lot, buying the upgraded cars and then reselling them to make a profit. Eventually my game got bugged to the point where buying a car freezes the game. I gave up then. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, same deal.

It'll be good for F.R.I.M. milestones for cash. The game calculates and fills the bar relative to the car's top speed, and the VW Bug is pretty slow, and thus easy to control and manage while driving it around its peak. It'll be a lot easier in that car than say, the Bugatti Veyron.

I think when I played Test Drive Unlimited 2, I used the Jaguar D-Type as my car for the C3 races and won. So unless you want to intentionally lose, find the D-Type Wrecks.

Yes, I think they are all in Oahu/Hawaii. It's been so long since I played TDU2, so I'm just going on memory.

To be exact it's in Hawaii Area 3. Here's a video on Jaguar D Type wrecks. Saves you a lot of time.

As for the Charger wrecks I don't think you'll need a video since after completing a DLC convoy mission, the game will give you the location of the wreck.

Back