• 461 comments
What The Crew doesn't have:

Two huge open maps
Working windows and turning signals
Modding community
Customizable characters
More open sticker editor
More exotic and classic cars

Honestly, I lost interest in The Crew when Horizon came out. And now that I'm into TDU2, I don't even touch The Crew anymore. I might uninstall it to save room for Motorsport 7.

Offline play :lol:

Well, for some reason my save was deleted. So I got to start all over again, which I am not going to do. 15+ hours gone.

I've got a lot of time for this game and recently started it over, having reached Hawaii way back then put it on ice. Controls (on Xbox anyway) are a bit fidgety but you get used to them eventually, however one thing that did surprise me is how hard the Golf is to drive. I think I must have picked another car previously because it's an absolute dog when cornering at speed. Anything more than a tiny adjustment and it tends to go into a skid and slew off the road, with little chance of saving. OK it might technically be accurate but none of the other cars are, to that extent! Eventually replaced it with a Brera, which is way better, though a little more understeery generally.

Learning curve is a little funky too, whereby some races and time trials are genuinely challenging (running hardcore/sim mode or whatever they call it of course) but others are a breeze, and not always dependent on the car. The race around the island (Ibiza anyway) is relatively very easy, but just a bit of a grind depending on your mood. Took me about 40 minutes, think I had 12-15 mins in the bag.

This game is cheap on the Steam sale at the moment. Is it worth getting on steam? Are there any problems/bugs I should be aware of? I played it on release on 360 and it wasn't half bad-it missed the soul and character of the first one but I still enjoyed just driving from one side of an island to the other.

I'm only interested in offline play

Does anyone know if the online servers are still going for this game? I've recently tried getting online but it won't connect.

They were shut down a few years ago.

You're thinking of TDU, that was shut down a few years ago, not TDU2, AFAIK the servers should still be up and running. Probably someone over at Atari needs to kick the servers or something, they occasionally go down and it sometimes takes them a few days to get them back up and running.

I'm not playing at the moment, but I have TDU 2 for ps3. Such a great game! I love how you can explore 2 entire islands and customize your car and character. I don't even care that the physics aren't the most realistic.

Forza Horizon is probably great too, but I don't have Xbox (unfortunately).

Honestly, TDU2 had so much wasted potential. What let down the game the most was the driving aspect of the game. The engine sounds were horrid (worse than GT, dare I say), and the physics were clunky. There just wasn't much in terms of gameplay, which was occasionally buggy. I think the game's greatest selling point is the enormous map, and while I do enjoy cruising around the islands and enjoying the fairly decent scenery, I can't help but imagine how much better the game would be if it took a page out of NFS, Midnight Club, Forza Horizon, or even Burnout when it game to the racing.

Back