Anyone play TDU2 anymore?

• Thread starter Cowboys965
  • 461 comments
You'll only play it for a about 2 weeks before getting bored..
If there was more championships, better physics and able to listen to BGM (your own music) then it would be worth it, but tbh since none of that is there, no not really, not worth it because it only takes about 2-3 weeks to complete the races and then you're bored. Cruising in this game is terrible as most of the cars (especially one of the best cruisers: Aston Martins) handle like **** and it's just not acceptable.

Last edited:
I have been playing the game now for over 2 months. My latest cruise ride was, of all things. a Golf GTi (over 500 miles on the clock now).

With the current state of the game (possiblt UK only) with the clock stopped, I suspect Ibiza based players are soon going to get fed up. Hawaii is fine as the time is stuck at 1800 so it is permanent daylight. Ibiza on the other hand is midnight so permanent darkness.

The clock did start yesterday for a while for me, but was soon back to "normal". I have not been on for a few hours now, so it may have changed (though I am not optimistic.

This is on the 360. I think the other platforms are "OK" at the moment.

Clock is running fine on the PS3, but had to leave the Caterham parked at the side of the road while I had to attend to "real life" for a while ... It's still parked there just now...

I just bought TDU2 for 26 USD.

The story sucks.

I though the physics were a huge let down; but I did some googling and it's mainly the default controller set up sensitivity that's the let down. After I followed a fix, TDU2 feels like a really nice cruising game and really enjoyable with their list of exotic cars.

I'm hooked now and want to explore and buy buy buy! >:D

I just hope future dlc will address missing features.

My score of TDU2 is about 7/10 for the price of 26 USD ;)

Okay. I've recently bought Test Drive Unlimited 2, so I've apparently "still played" this game. Some of these cars are just spellbindingly fast. I remember doing missions involving the Enzo and the One-77 (an Aston Martin). Just going up to speed for the amount of time at top speed was just insane. Almost like you were doing to die at some point when you wreck. Even preparing this post, I test-drove the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport, which I easily won the "Fast and Luxurious" trophy for.

I still have great interest and joy playing this game. And because I've played the PS2 version of the first TDU, many of the experiences in other versions of TDU1 are new to me with TDU2 for the PS3. But I've wanted to play this game for longer.

One thing I'm pissed off at is when I'm encountering other players (as in actual players) in their much faster cars. They try to go after me thinking easy win. Hell no, player! Wait until I get into the A1-class cars. THEN, we can do business. Or... unless some dope in a C4-class car challenges me in my A6 or C3 class cars.

Till then I won't play it, if it allows to play your own music and some more events, then it's worth playing.
I just get very bored of that game very easily, as there's nothing left to do.

Is there any specific details of what this patch will contain?

I noted the most disappointing deal in TDU2 is that you can take photos in the game, but you can't save them to your XMB (there is a LONG process to save screenshots) for the PS3 version. I have about four games that allow you to take pictures and store them onto your PS3 to upload online. This game, though, is disappointing in that regard.

As for the personal BGM stuff, I don't know. Sounds cool to listen to your own music in the game. Maybe since you're in Ibiza in TDU2, there has to be a way to enjoy the Ibiza electronic dance music experience. I even found Privilege (one of Ibiza's famous nightclubs) in TDU2 casually driving around. There was even Pacha Ibiza that I saw in TDU2's demo loop.

Outside of all of that, I am still looking to clear 100% of all roads in Ibiza Area 2. I finally managed to get one of TDU2's six bonus cars. I got the buggy (Ibiza Area 2). Still have about two more wrecks to find to get that VW Beetle-looking car in Ibiza Area 1.

Finally! I've explored every road of Ibiza! You really have to be careful and detailed when going around on the roads. One little road you may not even think you've crossed can be that one needed road for you to boost your discovery of the island or area. I am still going to stay in Ibiza and try to get more money and maybe try to find more of the Viewpoints around Ibiza. I still need to get the Corvette C1 and the Ferrari F430 Scuderia for two of them. Otherwise, I've found about... 11 of the 20. I have more than enough to get the C1 Corvette, but still need a lot more to get the F430 Scuderia. I am not getting the C1 Corvette right now because I still haven't found the viewpoint in question that requires the C1 (Classic Car in an Old Town, Ibiza Area 2). When I get back to Hawaii, I (sadly) need to get the Hummer H3 again because one viewpoint requires that I have the H3.

Let me talk a little bit about the game now. I am really impressed with the quality of the car models in TDU2. I have even noticed flakes in the paint when I use the roof cam of my Impreza. If you've ever painted up your car or put stickers on it, you may have zoomed in closely to see the detail of the paint. Absolutely brilliant touch. Sometimes, I can't help but think that the detail of the cars inside and out could be what Gran Turismo 5's detail can be like. GT5 is more about racing and racing cars than the more street car-oriented Test Drive Unlimited series. However, the detail is very nice for what it is. Maybe not top-tier design quality, but surely better than most of what I've seen in GT5. Can't help but be impressed.

JohnBM01
Finally! I've explored every road of Ibiza! You really have to be careful and detailed when going around on the roads. One little road you may not even think you've crossed can be that one needed road for you to boost your discovery of the island or area. I am still going to stay in Ibiza and try to get more money and maybe try to find more of the Viewpoints around Ibiza. I still need to get the Corvette C1 and the Ferrari F430 Scuderia for two of them. Otherwise, I've found about... 11 of the 20. I have more than enough to get the C1 Corvette, but still need a lot more to get the F430 Scuderia. I am not getting the C1 Corvette right now because I still haven't found the viewpoint in question that requires the C1 (Classic Car in an Old Town, Ibiza Area 2). When I get back to Hawaii, I (sadly) need to get the Hummer H3 again because one viewpoint requires that I have the H3.

Let me talk a little bit about the game now. I am really impressed with the quality of the car models in TDU2. I have even noticed flakes in the paint when I use the roof cam of my Impreza. If you've ever painted up your car or put stickers on it, you may have zoomed in closely to see the detail of the paint. Absolutely brilliant touch. Sometimes, I can't help but think that the detail of the cars inside and out could be what Gran Turismo 5's detail can be like. GT5 is more about racing and racing cars than the more street car-oriented Test Drive Unlimited series. However, the detail is very nice for what it is. Maybe not top-tier design quality, but surely better than most of what I've seen in GT5. Can't help but be impressed.

Is the Ferrari F430 Scuderia a wreck? Can you not just buy it from the dealership? Im sure you can..

Yeh the detail is pretty good but I can't help but feel the interior textures are wrong, everything looks like alcantara and you can't even tell the difference between them..

JohnBM01

Viewpoints?

Well, when I mean viewpoints, I meant the different Photography areas. And the Ferrari F430 Scuderia isn't a wreck. You can buy it at any time from the Ferrari showroom if you got the money.

Latest car I bought is my first A1-class car- the Ariel Atom 200 Supercharged. So maybe I can stand a chance if challenged by some A1 competition. Still... what is up with these Bugatti Veyron drivers constantly trying to whack my car or try to fence me in? Three of them even surrounded my car once looking for a certain viewpoint in Ibiza Area 2! At some point, I'll need my own Bugatti so I can shut these guys down (and up).

JohnBM01
Well, when I mean viewpoints, I meant the different Photography areas. And the Ferrari F430 Scuderia isn't a wreck. You can buy it at any time from the Ferrari showroom if you got the money.

Latest car I bought is my first A1-class car- the Ariel Atom 200 Supercharged. So maybe I can stand a chance if challenged by some A1 competition. Still... what is up with these Bugatti Veyron drivers constantly trying to whack my car or try to fence me in? Three of them even surrounded my car once looking for a certain viewpoint in Ibiza Area 2! At some point, I'll need my own Bugatti so I can shut these guys down (and up).

Bugatti rammers lol

I play it every now and then. I had a corrupt game save on that after I beat it for the first time. I don't know if it's just me but every game I get far in I get a corrupt save

The latest vehicle added to my collection is an A3-class car: the Caterham CSR 260. However, I am somewhat tempted to trade this for the Ginetta F400. This car is absolutely gorgeous to me. It has a top speed of about 186 mph in this game. Sometimes, you are tempted to try something really different. I even tried out the Ascari KZ1 back in the first TDU. Don't always be about most other people drive in the game- try to find something different and maybe underrated. Don't be like, "oh, I want a Veyron just like everybody else." No. Challenge yourself! Get you a competitive car that can still get the job done on the road and in races.

In Ibiza, I've kind of been making a habit of going to the British Cars East showroom. That's where I got my Land Rover at. Guess you could say that an American bloke like myself has something to love about British muscle. Nothing wrong with that, especially considering you could get the McLaren MP4-12C from this dealer among others. I even test drove the TVR Sagaris. And man... if you think this car LOOKS beastly, wait until you drive it!

The Ariel Atom and Caterham CSR 250 both have the same top speed of 156 mph. The Caterham, however, is a lot more controllable. Perhaps that's because the Caterham is front-engined as opposed to the mid-engined Ariel. The mid-engined Ariel Atom seems easier to get up to speed, but you have to do so carefully. I've even stopped trying to hammer down the throttle when starting up the Atom. Really, the more powerful cars require much more careful throttle application when starting up. I may trade either the Ariel for another affordable A1 car or the Caterham for another A2 car. Until then, I am enjoying both of them. But needless to say, I am actually driving the Caterham more because it's easier to drive and control.

[UPDATE] The Caterham is an A3-class car, not an A2. I found a list online to help me sort out which car belongs to which class.

Last edited:
I bought the Ariel but traded it for the MP4-12C, the McLaren is definately a must buy! It's just slightly slower 0-60 but tbh nothing else is as quick as it, apart from the Bugatti Veyron which cost $1million more, its quick, fast, great handling too and will easily win the A1 championships against the Enzos and Veyrons.

Last edited:
Funny you mention the MP4-12C because... I bought myself one of those with the money I won from the C3 Championship. Funny you mention the mention the Ariel Atom because... I decided to part ways with my Range Rover Sport HSE. I finally decided to pay for the Volkswagen Touareg by trading both my Ariel Atom and my Range Rover. The Touareg is actually a faster and more nimble machine than the Range Rover. It is also a bit more aggressive since you can swing the back end out a little harder when off-road. Besides the Touareg I won in a Duel against Ryan Wilder, I now have two Volkswagen Touareg machines.

The McLaren MP4-12C is a beautiful car. It is also the only car I have that can go north of 200 mph. Its top speed is 204. Compared to the Ariel I had previously, the MP4-12C is MUCH easier to control. It sounds great at speed and handles itself quite well. I'm still trying to get this car in Gran Turismo 5; just never got around to doing so in GT5. I even invited one player to a Co-Driving session with me piloting this MP4-12C. Just a fabulous car it is. Irk over its name, but this car delivers the goods.

Finally, I decided to try something. I was enjoying my MP4-12C when I came across an idiot in a Nissan GT-R who rammed into me and CONTINUALLY rammed into me. I decided to challenge him/her to a race. After waiting about 15 seconds, the other driver declined to race me. So what did I do? I reported that goof. I cited the driver for bad driving behavior. If I was the GT-R driver, and if the rammer was the MP4-12C driver, would I still race? Even at the expense of getting my ass handed to, I'd still race. You see, to quote a Bugs Bunny cartoon, when you ram somebody, "them's fightin' words." Not wanting to race me straight up after you go ram me is just foul. So I HAD to report that dope.

How you enjoying TDU2? :)

Just got this game as it is only £20 now and my god is it twitchy. gonna need some time to get used to the handling.

I was bored today and decided to play again, has fun, bought a Zonda F Roadster.
Also made a club, I don't have any friends that play TDU2 so if anyone wants to join, just add: aadil717 so we can cruise and race if you like.

Earlier tonight, one guy in a Bugatti Veyron actually invited me to a Co-Driving session. Man... that car is SICK! He even invited me to see some of his houses in Hawaii- including a yacht.

I have actually done more of the Chase missions. It took me three tries to finally win one as a cop, and this one was dreadfully easy. Dude/Girl didn't put up much a fight. Just doing the Chase missions helps your Social skills in TDU2. You have to win 20 of them to clear one of the objectives. To get PSN trophies, you have to [respectfully] win 30 times as a Cop and 30 times as an Outlaw. My Outlaw record is about... 1-3 or 1-4 all-time. I often try to avoid driving like a jackass. I don't need a Bugatti to show I'm tough.

What I'm trying to do is get more money to buy another house to expand my car collection (for when I get more cars). I think I have found nearly half of all the wrecks in all four areas or Hawaii. I am not sure which one I want most- the Shelby Cobra Daytona-looking car or the vintage Jaguar-looking race car. I had the Cobra Daytona in the PS2 version of Test Drive Unlimited 1, so I know what that car can do. Most of my Discovery of Hawaii is mostly concerning Area 4. Man... Oahu is more like exploring a continent compared to Ibiza. I will be SO pleased when I explore all the roads of any Area of Hawaii.

Finally, I thought about some things I would change about TDU2. One of them is better arrangement/editing of Stickers. Messing up one section in your creation ruins the whole thing, and you have to start all-over. Editing specific stickers already applied would make me happy. That's why I hate having to clear all stickers on my cars just because I ruined one section. Multiple undo levels would also be nice. Another thing I would love to see would be the Go Home option from the Pause menu. It would take you from wherever you are and right into whatever home you want to be in. Maybe I would also like to be able to freely move cars from one home to another or even compare cars you own versus cars you don't have. Those are things I wouldn't mind see addressed in a future patch.

Earlier tonight, one guy in a Bugatti Veyron actually invited me to a Co-Driving session. Man... that car is SICK! He even invited me to see some of his houses in Hawaii- including a yacht.

Now, if this was said anywhere else, it would be totally wrong!

The brakes on the Cobra are glitched, at least the 427 you have to hit the E Brake while braking to make the brakes apply full power to stop but you just have to tap it

Back