April DLC Clue thread is up

• Thread starter BoneSawTX
  • 213 comments
I'm tempted to give this pack a miss. I'm not a fan of the excessive supercars, the Rolls will probably be useless, as well as the Land Rover. As @gladbecker82 said, this seems like more of a Horizon pack, as opposed to a Motorsport pack. Hopefully the content update brightens my mood about this pack.

I just finally want to get my hands on the Charger Hellcat, the Project 7 and the FXX-K. This makes my copy have 559 cars already.

The Rolls seems like dead weight more than anything. Especially when the Wraith already filled the slot of high-end yet competitive land yacht. I know this is an even more extravagant land yacht, but something like the old Corniche would have helped add something dissimilar to the RR line-up.

Only two or three cars here I feel compelled to drop money on. Still, I must have that Jag.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to give this pack a miss. I'm not a fan of the excessive supercars, the Rolls will probably be useless, as well as the Land Rover. As @gladbecker82 said, this seems like more of a Horizon pack, as opposed to a Motorsport pack. Hopefully the content update brightens my mood about this pack.

One is excessive?

I just realized this probably spells the obituary for the existing Rangie in the series moving forward. Which is disappointing, because I vastly prefer driving around in that one than the shouty SVR. :(

By supercars I meant high-performance cars. Should have clarified that. I just don't really care much for them.

Ah. Even then at least two are outright track-focused or inspired, while the others are on the more conventional side of things. :P

I don't know if I'm going to pony up anything for this pack to be honest.

Decent pack. Nothing as awesome as we've seen in December or January, but the choices aren't half-bad. The FXX K and the new R8 are my top picks for this pack, but, ehh, I'll buy this pack later on, or maybe even pass altogether considering some of these cars may make an appearance in Horizon 3.

Argh, not sure what to do. Though I will say that this pack seems to be the least favorite here on GTPlanet so far, and rightly so. Heck, the folks on Forza.net are singing the same tune. There's just not enough diversity in my opinion. Which one is meant to be the oddball/joke car anyway? The Rolls?

Forza 4's Top Gear pack was steps beyond this one for me. Never had fun quite like spec-racing Smart Fortwos. :P

I just realized this probably spells the obituary for the existing Rangie in the series moving forward. Which is disappointing, because I vastly prefer driving around in that one than the shouty SVR. :(

I do hope not, the new RR SVR will probably be in a class where it has no chance at being competitive, whereas the old one is merely not quite competitive :lol:. But I'm also not too keen on the looks of this new SVR model.

A bit disappointed but maybe I'll pick this pack up later on... maybe. I suppose with every other DLC being great IMO there was bound to be one eventually which doesn't appeal to me.

You can go to Mcdonalds and get lunch today, or eat a bologna sandwhich and buy the car pack. I'll be having me some Bologna.

At least this isn't part of the car pass, you don't have to buy it and don't feel jipped off if you already spent $30.

I do hope not, the new RR SVR will probably be in a class where it has no chance at being competitive, whereas the old one is merely not quite competitive :lol:. But I'm also not too keen on the looks of this new SVR model.

Exactly! This one will find itself in no man's land. I suppose that matters less in Horizon, since the AI is set up to roughly match you, but here, it's a goner.

It really makes me think T10 needs to drop this "one model per generation" approach. There are a handful of exceptions in FM6 (the Mustang GT and GT350R, the 458 Italia and Speciale), but now that they're on a medium that has more than enough space – not to mention the increase in digital game sales – they really can afford to change their tune. Dropping the C7 Stingray was silly IMO. I don't think they need to go the GT route of including every possible permutation of R34 Skyline or something like that, but I doubt people would be bothered by the return of the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang to accent the existing GT500, or maybe a V8 Aston for once.

A bit disappointed but maybe I'll pick this pack up later on... maybe. I suppose with every other DLC being great IMO there was bound to be one eventually which doesn't appeal to me.

Exactly how I feel. There's just no diversity on display here, when we've had it in each pack leading up to it.

I thought now that seson pass is finished that packs would be even more cool, guess i'm wrong.

Considering the number of complaints on social media each month with the older packs, with people constantly listing off brand new super- and hyper-cars, I imagine this was a calculated move. The masses are more likely to pay for shiny newness than unique, thoughtful additions from automotive history.

Whoopdie doo. Every car there, can do 0-62(0-100) in 4 seconds or less. 190mph+(if not limited) and race God.
I'd rather have cars that take 10more seconds to 62, take forever to reach top speed and bring me closer to meeting God when entering corners. :D

Hey what's wrong with this pack?! Consider yourself lucky. As a gt6 player, it would be a dream pack even if it's mainly supercars.

Expectations are at a different level over in this area. :P

You see, we've had variety, more variety, and yet more variety. So for a pack to come out with 6 of the 7 being 2015/2016 models, it doesn't quite match up.

I actually quite like it. Any Rolls Royce is a win for me, plus the XJS is a real treat. Also, if they've recorded the Project 7 sound properly, then I hope to God they update the R Coupe with it, too.

If they've got it wrong again, then there's something really at foot.

I'm usually not into circuit-oriented hyper cars but the FXX-K speaks to me more than the regular LaFerrari, and the 488 GTB for that matter. The Charger is cool but it would have been a perfect debut in FH3. Same for the Audi R8, which I'm not sure I like more than its predecessor. The Jaguar XJS is the unexpected and welcome twist I have come to expect from Turn 10. Project 7 is better than some vulgar concept, but I'm not too excited about it. The Rolls-Royce and Land Rover are almost useless in my book, but at least we didn't get some quirky oddball, thankfully. I'll get the pack but possibly the 2nd worst FM6 car pack yet.

Back