April DLC Clue thread is up

• Thread starter BoneSawTX
  • 213 comments
The SVR is meant to be a beast around the Nurburgring and if you've got the Porsche pack, there's the Cayenne and Macan, plus the X5M to rival it.

Expectations are at a different level over in this area. :P

You see, we've had variety, more variety, and yet more variety. So for a pack to come out with 6 of the 7 being 2015/2016 models, it doesn't quite match up.
It is kind of funny if you step back and look at it, we're getting an FXXK, an Audi R8, 2 Jaguars etc and it's not up to par with what we are used to. Are we becoming spoiled? :lol:

I said this after the Porsche pack came out, anything from now on is bonus material for me. There's cars I'd still like to see of course, but I can't complain about the car list we already have gotten from DLC.

Last edited:
It is kind of funny if you step back and look at it, we're getting an FXXK, and Audi R8, 2 Jaguars etc and it's not up to par with what we are used to. Are we becoming spoiled? :lol:

Well, we did get some awesome stuff like the TS040, the SVX, the Lykan, the Opel GT, Christine, the One:1, the Alfa Milano, and the Daytona Prototypes, as well as the much-coveted Porsches, so yeah, we've been spoiled as 🤬 by Greenawalt and company. :lol:

Last edited:
It is kind of funny if you step back and look at it, we're getting an FXXK, and Audi R8, 2 Jaguars etc and it's not up to par with what we are used to. Are we becoming spoiled? :lol:

I said this after the Porsche pack came out, anything from
now on is bonus material for me. There's cars I'd still like to see of course, but I can't complain about the car list we already have gotten from DLC.

It's all about managing expectations. T10 set the bar too high for themselves. :P

I guess, for me, it's just that a lot of these were forgone conclusions. I knew the new R8 would eventually be added to the series. Same with the FXX K. And the Charger. It's been the unexpected stuff that really cements T10 as a bunch of enthusiasts, IMO. The Alfa P3? Inspired. 👍

Excited for this pack! It's a bit odd we didn't have any race cars, but I'm very glad to see the FXX K, and the Dawn! Does the Dawn serve a purpose in this game? Nah. But I'll probably make it one of my hopper cars, just for the fun of it.

VXR
According to the Facebook post, these were hand picked by Top Gear's editors. No doubt they were given a list of ready modelled, licensed cars, though.
If the TG editors picked these cars, then it makes sense on their car choices. If you were to read any of their reviews on these cars, they loved every car (except the XJS, as I don't think I've ever seen a written review of the car in their mag).

Do Turn 10 still give away one of the cars for free each pack? I've been using the car pass up to now so I'm not sure.

Do Turn 10 still give away one of the cars for free each pack? I've been using the car pass up to now so I'm not sure.
The Infiniti Q60 Concept '15 and the Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO '15 are the only free DLC cars so far

If anyone donate me some XBone and Forza 6 (and Horizon 2) I'll be thank you to heaven.

Prime example of superb customer support.

I just realized this probably spells the obituary for the existing Rangie in the series moving forward. Which is disappointing, because I vastly prefer driving around in that one than the shouty SVR. :(
The old Challenger is going bye bye as well... Possibly the R8 as well.

If it's indeed the new hosts that have chosen the cars for this month's pack, it promises to be a very dull show.

The XJS is cool, but yeah, that's pretty much it.

Any bets on the next Unicorns being based around that?

5$ says there's something with Sabine and the 'Ring. :P

I'm going to buy the pack when Xbox live updates.

I know that most of these cars will probably be in FH3, but I prefer driving my cars on a closed circuit and I can't wait that long to drive a Jaguar XJS, Jaguar Project 7, Ferrari FXX K, or that Audi R8 V10.

The pack hinges on the usefulness of the XJ-S, for me. The Ferrari will be banished to the no man's land in lower P-Class. The Hellcat might function as a missile in A or S but otherwise will be just as uncompetitive as the Charger. F-Type might be a good all-rounder, haven't explored the class much. R8 is just a Huracan. Rangey will struggle. Rolls is hopeless.

If the XJ-S squeaks into D Class, that'd be great. But I'm assuming it'll be a more useful weapon in C, which I haven't really tuned for very much yet.

That said, I still prefer driving stock cars, so they could be fun.

Not that the clues suggested it, but this pack would have been a great fit for some more British classics like the TVR Griffith, Jensen Interceptor, or MG. I'm just saying because all these cars, except the XJS, are already in the game in some shape or form.

I'm dead serious. PDI will have to come out with something spectacular to get my money. The XJ-S alone, tops anything in GT. Yes, even the Midget. ;)

Purchasing the pack now..

7 new cars thrown into the Random Draw for the every car every track series.

It could be the next car I draw out, I might not see one till 200-300 Cars time.

the luck of the draw :P

After seeing the new Top Gear Cast im convinced they will lose their overall appeal. Chris Harris is obviously good, Sabine Schmitz is good as well since she is one of the best drivers around Nordschleife. Eddie Jordan can be funny, but the other 3 don't belong there. Wtf were they thinking?

Back