Are "Gridstarts" ever going to get implemented in career mode?

If graphical issues are the reasoning behind no grid starts, then I personally would like to have a smaller field to make it work, up against a tougher AI. Also smaller fields would allow for convertible to be back in the race.

Personally I think it's more about a weak AI, needing a head start. Why no qualifying?, shouldn't be a graphical issue there.

The only thing I see that is preventing it is the "ringer car". It comes down to this: PD wants you to pass everyone AFTER the first corner (sometime WAAAYYY after ... ;) ), and not take the lead before the first corner. I know I did this a LOT in GT2 (max outa car and pass everyone early), and I think it is fair even with the PP balancing we now have to not allow standing starts offline.

If we have more options for difficulty, we should be able to have better grid starts, and so they will come back.

FYI: There is already one grid start offline for all cars (RedBulls events excluded) > GTArena track .

It would be nice ,if PD would implement grid start (offline) on all tracks and rolling start online , but I don't think well get any of them (maybe online rolling start, because there is already option for that in online menu) .

I wanted something else.
yes a grid start, But also the option to do hotlaps for a poleposition.
Like in real life.
Practice run to get good times and earn a start position.
The hotlaps can have the same difficulty as the season events, maybe even harder ( or else we would always have 1st poleposition).
But yes, Proper grid start like the redbull races,karts races ,Goodwood.
BUT!! Also limits to what car you can use, i can use le mans cars in normal races if i drop down the PP.( but it does make it easy to finish career mode ;))

Only 26 votes sofar.

Looks like no one wants to race. And everyone is happy to do the rubberband....
Sounds and carmodels (fluff and bling) are more important then one of the key moments of each race.

Priorities people.
Most questions in the last month are either off-topic (asking for features and tracks for example) or like this one, are subsets of a larger issue or feature. This one in particular is already included in the Question about GT Offline Thread. All the major topics were covered early on, people voted and moved on to other things.

Latest Posts

Back