Are the server problems really fixed ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stucar17
  • 120 comments
  • 6,612 views
Vede89
I dont have black screen problem. The problem is that the menu are really slow to load and when i try to get to lobby i get à server is not available at this moment please try later. U got this message for 2 days now and when i try offline the menu are à lot faster

That's usually the sign that it is your connection

stucar17
Also maybe the fact that the "other" games that have dedicated servers dont have the same issues might be a good thing for PD to look at ? Wouldnt you think ??

Been a topic discussed many times. The only problem with having dedicated servers is there wouldn't be a true host. Pretty much whoever comes in first to the server is host. I don't know how that would work. Because in battlefield the servers are there and the game is ready to start as soon as enough people get in. I don't know if it would be a good mixture.
 
Like i says orphan all my other game work #1
 
It is dropping in and out of network related aspects of the game for me...OCD, Seasonals, community etc. Slow loading menus and pages also.
 
If you rush the car before it loads in the pits you are just impatient and you deserve the black screen. Not that hard to wait 5 seconds so the car can load.
I don't think that's being quite fair. It's not unreasonable to expect the game wouldn't let us enter the track until it was ready. The fact that it's possible to hit the button too early and cause a black screen reflects poorly on the game, not us.

If it only let us hit the button when it was ready, it wouldn't be a problem, and it certainly wouldn't make me impatient. It's just not something players should have to worry about, but something that should be prevented by more effective code.
 
dylansan
I don't think that's being quite fair. It's not unreasonable to expect the game wouldn't let us enter the track until it was ready. The fact that it's possible to hit the button too early and cause a black screen reflects poorly on the game, not us.

If it only let us hit the button when it was ready, it wouldn't be a problem, and it certainly wouldn't make me impatient. It's just not something players should have to worry about, but something that should be prevented by more effective code.

Ok? But you know it will do that. That's the point I am trying to get across not the fact about the game doing this or that.
 
I wasn't having ANY issuse before they "fixed" it and now I am soo... wth.

I froze twice today and I have't before in somtime.
 
It is dropping in and out of network related aspects of the game for me...OCD, Seasonals, community etc. Slow loading menus and pages also.

yup.. Forget about online lobby, haven't reached there yet.

This happened in the main menu, and in GT Life menu.

Two days ago all normal, and there wasn't any change in network setting. Just fire up GT5 like usually.

This morning I cleared cache and still got the same problem.
No incremental exp, no online dealership, no access to online b-spec drivers,

oh, and no free paint chips... :ouch:

hahaha
 
I just uninstalled the game, reinstakled the patch , the game and clear the cache and that work again. Try it and i wish for you that work
 
I just uninstalled the game, reinstakled the patch , the game and clear the cache and that work again. Try it and i wish for you that work

Perfect example of a person doing their part for better GT5 gaming.
Some people do not see the fact that a hard drive that is almost out of space runs very slow.
I changed over to an SSD drive and from a cold start to my lobby screen is 2min or less.
My machine runs cooler, I have faster access to my garage as well as quicker access to tuning my cars between races.
If one gamer has a crap setup then all the players in the same lobby suffer.
BF3 stores your information on it's servers, freeing up some of the work the PS3 has to do but GT5 stores game info on the local users drive and if the user has a problem then it causes a problem with the server.
The domino effect.
 
The thing is, mine was woerking perfectly two days ago whhen last played. A cache clearance made no difference.
 
Perfect example of a person doing their part for better GT5 gaming.
Some people do not see the fact that a hard drive that is almost out of space runs very slow.
I changed over to an SSD drive and from a cold start to my lobby screen is 2min or less.
My machine runs cooler, I have faster access to my garage as well as quicker access to tuning my cars between races.
If one gamer has a crap setup then all the players in the same lobby suffer.
BF3 stores your information on it's servers, freeing up some of the work the PS3 has to do but GT5 stores game info on the local users drive and if the user has a problem then it causes a problem with the server.
The domino effect.


So what you are actually saying is that we all need to prepared to either buy a new modem or HDD incase the game servers decide to **** themselves after being used well for 18 months.

Isn't the whole point of console gaming so we don't have to upgrade to get the damn thing to work ?
 
Well I've had enough. I just sold my ps3 and copy of gt5, bought a Xbox 360 and a new copy of Forza 4. I'm tired of getting error codes left, right and centre. I just want to play a car game ffs. Cya guys add me on XBL- toomooto
 
YN89
Well I've had enough. I just sold my ps3 and copy of gt5, bought a Xbox 360 and a new copy of Forza 4. I'm tired of getting error codes left, right and centre. I just want to play a car game ffs. Cya guys add me on XBL- toomooto

Wow. That's even worse.

I mean what a waste of money to do that. Specially for something that only select people are having problems with
 
Um, yeah yn, that should fix it !!!!

I'm not at that stage yet, lol. I enjoy it too much when the damn thing works.
 
Well I've had enough. I just sold my ps3 and copy of gt5, bought a Xbox 360 and a new copy of Forza 4. I'm tired of getting error codes left, right and centre. I just want to play a car game ffs. Cya guys add me on XBL- toomooto

lol. PS3 rage quit :)
 
Ok guys, I got it to work tonight and not sure if its coincidence or not, bare with me.

I tried to log in as I did last night and I got booted. Same story.

I remembered hearing from someone that re-entering your username and password reset at their end. So I tried it, and I got a message saying my password was no longer valid ??

I followed the prompts, reset my password to a new one and it started for me first go.

Now, I have no idea as I said, if it was the reset that helped or coincidence but will let you know how the network holds up for me in the next few nights.

Stu
 
Just a question. The people who are having problems do you have a Fat model ps3 or a slim model ps3?
 
Mine is a Slim orphan.

Now, still not working right, I just turned off the ps3 and rebooted and then tried to get online but it gave me another error code.

So I closed off the game, signed in through the playstation network, restarted gt5 and its let me in again. I have just opened my own lobby and seems to be fine.

EDIT. The first time I shut it down after trying this the game wouldn't reboot properly letting me online. As I said, I got out of the game and signed in using the playstation option, then restarted gt5 and it let me In.

This time I quit the game properly and then shut the system down. When I rebooted this time it let me in from the "do you want to go online option" at the start of the game.

Might have worked ? Will keep you posted.
 
Last edited:
Problems were the same whether signing in through the game or the network. At one stage I had signed in successfully, ran one seasonal event successfully, exited the seasonals, then trying to enter again received the 'no seasonals available' message. Who ****ing knows!!! Did the turn PS3 off (power switch as well) and reboot trick, unsuccessful

Trying again shortly.
 
Ok, I just tested it again and it worked for me.

1. Reset password
2. Joined gt5, wouldn't let me in, asked me to close game and join network through the network tab
3. Rejoined gt5 and allowed me online
4. Shut down game
5. Shutdown ps3
6. Reboot and login through option in gt5 menu at start up

Hopefully it works tomorrow !!!
 
So what you are actually saying is that we all need to prepared to either buy a new modem or HDD incase the game servers decide to **** themselves after being used well for 18 months.

Isn't the whole point of console gaming so we don't have to upgrade to get the damn thing to work ?

you know what?
I tried to give the help that could guide you to a better gaming experience in GT5, but your so stuck on the fact that you have such a good connection that you are sure it's PD's fault.
Enjoy what ever you can and I'll enjoy the trouble free experience I get with GT5 because I took the time researching how networks operate and the steps needed to ensure the best possible connection.
Good luck.
 
YN89
Well I've had enough. I just sold my ps3 and copy of gt5, bought a Xbox 360 and a new copy of Forza 4. I'm tired of getting error codes left, right and centre. I just want to play a car game ffs. Cya guys add me on XBL- toomooto

Lol, you wrote this around 10am my time, and it's 4pm now but you came online about 2 hours ago around 2pm? How did you do that, Unless the buyer is using your PSN? :dunce:
 
After they fixed the listing servers I haven't had any issues connecting, if you are experiencing drop outs during a race its either your connection, or the host in the rooms connection (if its fixed host room), or if its a non fixed host being that it uses everyone's connection in the lobby, if someone joins that lobby with a crap connection that your connection can not properly connect to you or the joiner drop the connection.

Every time I have lost connection during a race is when someone has joined or gets kicked from the lobby. Once in the lobby there is no dedicated play server, it uses two types of p2p hosting.

The only dedicated server is the lobby list server, and a few other aspects of the game.
 
After they fixed the listing servers I haven't had any issues connecting, if you are experiencing drop outs during a race its either your connection, or the host in the rooms connection (if its fixed host room), or if its a non fixed host being that it uses everyone's connection in the lobby, if someone joins that lobby with a crap connection that your connection can not properly connect to you or the joiner drop the connection.

Every time I have lost connection during a race is when someone has joined or gets kicked from the lobby. Once in the lobby there is no dedicated play server, it uses two types of p2p hosting.

The only dedicated server is the lobby list server, and a few other aspects of the game.

Too bad most people like to just point and blame.
Tried several ways to explain the same thing but I refuse to present it in crayon!
 
I joined a friends lobby in Suzuka for a few hours & had no black screens or issues initially. Then, during what was to be our last race, all drivers were stuck at the starting line, revving our motors with the false start message on screen, but the countdown never started.
 
O.G
Lol, you wrote this around 10am my time, and it's 4pm now but you came online about 2 hours ago around 2pm? How did you do that, Unless the buyer is using your PSN? :dunce:

Not sure if serious? Or just have no sense of humour? I guess I have to type "lol" instead of full stops so stiff's can differentiate when I'm "trying" to be funny.
 
It's hard to tell if you're joking because many people have (apparently) done exactly what you said you did: sold their PS3 and GT5 and found a different game. So the humor wasn't necessarily obvious.
 
Back