Are the server problems really fixed ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stucar17
  • 120 comments
  • 6,612 views
I'm using a slim ps3 btw is anyone was wondering.

I have to ask, are any of you using wireless to connect, if you are I can bet that is the issue for most, I run wired and don't have too many issues other then what I stated in my previous post, I also have my ps3 set on a high static IP and i put that IP in my routers DMZ so that the router wont interfere (as in firewall or other reason)
 
Hummmm so are people that are having problems are all on a slim ps3?

If this is true. Then i might know what's going on.

Nevermind it isn't that. People on the news page are saying that fat PS3s are doing it too. If it was only slims then i would pretty much know what it was
 
Last edited:
I was having the long loading times and network errors just to try and load GT5 all day yesterday but just tried tonight and can get on now without the errors or loading times and PD have apologised for the server problems.
 
Last edited:
Uncharted use dedicate server too??

Any game that is 'Multi-Platform' runs on dedicated servers, exclusives are run 'Peer-to-Peer' (on PS3), they only use servers as a link to each PS3 (in GT5s case).

So what you are actually saying is that we all need to prepared to either buy a new modem or HDD incase the game servers decide to **** themselves after being used well for 18 months.

Isn't the whole point of console gaming so we don't have to upgrade to get the damn thing to work ?

You don't have to upgrade anything (except maybe your router in worst cases). We just need to keep our PS3 clean and clutter free, not running it with a full hard drive, that will slow things down dramatically. Having at least 10-20 gigs reserved for the system sometimes helps.

Another tip is to NOT PRESS BUTTONS when things are loading, GT5 is very sensitive and any input causes longer/incomplete loading/black screens. You have to treat GT5 like a baby, small movements and delicate :).

TO PEOPLE WITH WHEELS:
Remember to plug your wheel in AFTER the game loads! A good time to plug it in would be when you reach your GTHome, after you accept your daily log-on bonus and after it saves. Make sure your system is at idle before plugging anything in. Also, as save files get bigger, you'll suffer loading issues etc.

I just started a new account and everything is working as fast as it should be. Short loading times, no loading issues, no black screens etc.

EDIT: @ ORPHANTHIRTY, I'm on 120g slim with an aftermarket blu ray lens. I'm also on WiFi (close range) No issues on my end! People with slims, really should upgrade/replace the original blu ray lens, the manufacturer stock lens is a piece of crap! (which could also explain a lot).
 
Last edited:
Bluntified
Any game that is 'Multi-Platform' runs on dedicated servers, exclusives are run 'Peer-to-Peer' (on PS3), they only use servers as a link to each PS3 (in GT5s case).

You don't have to upgrade anything (except maybe your router in worst cases). We just need to keep our PS3 clean and clutter free, not running it with a full hard drive, that will slow things down dramatically. Having at least 10-20 gigs reserved for the system sometimes helps.

Another tip is to NOT PRESS BUTTONS when things are loading, GT5 is very sensitive and any input causes longer/incomplete loading/black screens. You have to treat GT5 like a baby, small movements and delicate :).

TO PEOPLE WITH WHEELS:
Remember to plug your wheel in AFTER the game loads! A good time to plug it in would be when you reach your GTHome, after you accept your daily log-on bonus and after it saves. Make sure your system is at idle before plugging anything in. Also, as save files get bigger, you'll suffer loading issues etc.

I just started a new account and everything is working as fast as it should be. Short loading times, no loading issues, no black screens etc.

About the wheel part I have never had a issue with that.
 
About the wheel part I have never had a issue with that.

Some people, I've read a while ago before this update, reported that they couldn't load from the first GT loading screen with their wheel plugged in. It could only be in some, not all, cases. Maybe type of wheel?

I've had one issue, I've started plugging it into the USB after everything loads and has been running smoothly.
 
You can't fix stupid!
 
Soo... Are the server problems really fixed?
 
YN89
Soo... Are the server problems really fixed?

Its working for me now! So far, so good.
 
Last edited:
Soo... Are the server problems really fixed?

As far as I can tell, yup. I couldn't get GT5 to do anything involving networking and menus were slow all day yesterday but tonight it's all running smoothly again.
 
YN89
Soo... Are the server problems really fixed?

For me yes 100% fixed.

Seems other is a selection of people having problems but only a select few
 
Yay! I'm online now! Woohooooo
 
ive een online aslot these past two weeks

had major problems right after new patch came out with black screens up to last monday

no issues in the last week

looks like things are fixed for the most part on this side
 
Worked fine for a few days with no black screens but a few times I got a couple black screens.
 
So what you are actually saying is that we all need to prepared to either buy a new modem or HDD incase the game servers decide to **** themselves after being used well for 18 months.

Isn't the whole point of console gaming so we don't have to upgrade to get the damn thing to work ?
You don't have to upgrade anything (except maybe your router in worst cases). We just need to keep our PS3 clean and clutter free, not running it with a full hard drive, that will slow things down dramatically. Having at least 10-20 gigs reserved for the system sometimes helps.

Pretty sure Stu was replying to Toyzri, who said to upgrade ethernet cables, router and HDD. And I agree 100% with the bolded part of Stu's post.
As for the people blaming Stu's connection setup (and everyone else who is now having problems) - think about it. A whole bunch of people with a variety of connection/modem types from around the world change nothing in what they are doing and suddenly cant get in a lobby at the same time as PD admit to problems with the network. Where do you think the problem lies?
 
Exactly my point barra,

Anyway, after i stuffed around with it last night it was working again.....accident or coincidence, hope all is good tonight so i can turn some laps !

Also something an the questions and answers thread that might be a fix for some people still having issues.....

"Normally you would never see any video game advice or tips on this blog, however GT5 is such a brilliant game, and i feel all IEDEI readers should own it. Since buying my console and copy about a month ago, I had never been able to connect for ‘online game play’ via the Playstation network. I kept getting messages which said “cannot connect to server” even though I had always had an easy time watching films on Netflix or logging into the playstation network (PSN) for other things.

My wife is a bit of a computer nerd sometimes, and helped me fix this very easily! She’s so cool. So in the Playstation 3 main network settings, I chose ‘custom’ and ran everything as standard——-except the DNS settings. I have changed the DNS settings to 4.2.2.2 (primary) and 4.2.2.1 (secondary). Apparently these are open DNS numbers that can be used with any connected device. My wife uses them on her laptop and has fixed a bunch of connection issues, and after entering this in my PS3 network settings; and then restarting the device——-IT WORKED! Make sure you clear the ‘cache’ found in the GT5 network settings options as well. You should then be able to enter the lobby and join online! Last night i played on the PSN for GT5 online gameplay, and it was a ton of fun. Plus there are new challenges and a host of different used cars on the online part of the game.

Try using this trick, and i hope it works for you. Tell them IEDEI told you. cheers!"

A few of the guys have posted that it has worked for them.....
 
Stucar17, the servers are up and running..Your post is 1 day too late lol
 
Yesterday afternoon it was still having problem, same problem.

But in the evening time (last night) it worked perfectly.
No any change on my settings, just fire up the game as usual, so my console parameters (and also my local network) are constant.

So the problem might be on the ISP, sony, or PD.
 
You can't fix stupid!

So, how are you going with that mate. your meds might fix it.

Seems that it resolved itself, as apparently im too stupid to do that. So with nothing changed according to you, it must be my fault that its now working !!!!

You know where you can stick the crayon you were going to write the instructions with !!
 
I did one race online, after it finished I got the black screen with the GT logo at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I had to exit to the XMB. When I started GT5 up again, all of my B-Spec drivers & cars I had shared online were now offline & got the "Cannot connect to server." message. I tried putting all on share but to no avail. I'd see the bar going up & then the message of my drivers being shared but when I check my profile they're not there.

I'm on an older 1st model design PS3, wireless connection that I had no issues with, now I'm having issues. I might try the game while being hardwired later on after I reset my modem, we'll see.

I checked my profile on gran-turismo.com and I guess my failed attemps to share my B-Spec drivers registered. Strange....
dyni85.png
 
Last edited:
Pretty sure Stu was replying to Toyzri, who said to upgrade ethernet cables, router and HDD. And I agree 100% with the bolded part of Stu's post.
As for the people blaming Stu's connection setup (and everyone else who is now having problems) - think about it. A whole bunch of people with a variety of connection/modem types from around the world change nothing in what they are doing and suddenly cant get in a lobby at the same time as PD admit to problems with the network. Where do you think the problem lies?

Told him to look into upgrading. The SSD is my own choice to increase speed along with cooler operation ans less work for the power supply.
Stu is just playing stupid and has no network ability.
 
So, how are you going with that mate. your meds might fix it.

Seems that it resolved itself, as apparently im too stupid to do that. So with nothing changed according to you, it must be my fault that its now working !!!!

You know where you can stick the crayon you were going to write the instructions with !!

Stu you lack the IQ to under stand what is explained to you and making your own stories.
Never pointed to you as the problem and I can't make it more simple for you to understand what might be going on with your connection.
The advice I gave you is exactaly what I did over a year ago when I had these problems, and now I do not have any that you are experiencing.
If acting like an ASS HOLE is your way in dealing with advice then deal with your problem and return your equipment to the retailer you bought it from.
Also let the sales person know that they need to refuse to sell to idiots such as your self.
Like I said you can't fix STU, PID!!!
 
This is why nothing is made in the USA.
No one person born after 1980 has the ability to figure out problems.
China is laughing all the way to the bank.
 
Did you not read the second half of my post Toyzri? EDIT: You are so tech savvy you haven't even found the multi-quote and edit buttons too.

I will put it here again on it's own for you...

A whole bunch of people with a variety of connection/modem types from around the world change nothing in what they are doing and suddenly cant get in a lobby at the same time as PD admit to problems with the network. Where do you think the problem lies?


Clearly, there are plenty of people who it hasn't affected, but there are way too many who are for it to be at the user side. Obviously PD tweaked something, which fixed connectivity for some, broke it for others.
 
Stu you lack the IQ to under stand what is explained to you and making your own stories.
Never pointed to you as the problem and I can't make it more simple for you to understand what might be going on with your connection.
The advice I gave you is exactaly what I did over a year ago when I had these problems, and now I do not have any that you are experiencing.
If acting like an ASS HOLE is your way in dealing with advice then deal with your problem and return your equipment to the retailer you bought it from.
Also let the sales person know that they need to refuse to sell to idiots such as your self.
Like I said you can't fix STU, PID!!!

LOL, Go your hardest champ.

Let me just say two things.

1. Whether it was me, or the network fixing itself, it seems that i can get online now, as can others that have said "its now working". Am pretty sure mate they arent using my network considering some of them are on the other side of the globe, but since you're a network guru maybe you already know how people 10000s of klms away could have the same issue resolve at the same time as me........

2. Given mine, and the other guys seem to have the issue resolved maybe it was a good thing we didnt spend money on "upgrading" our systems as you did. Did you stop to think for a minute that perhaps it wasnt YOUR network, but PD stopping from you from playing when you had issues through their servers ???? Maybe you should follow your own lead and "return your upgraded equipment", it could be excessive for what you need ? :dopey:

Funny stuff :dunce:
 
I got dropped from a room just recently, which hardly bothers me, more intriguing though was when I went back into open lobby and the game showed no rooms available. Regardless of region, race type, you name it.

Just wondering if that's happened to anyone. I gotta hit the sack anyway.
 
Got on last night (bout 18 hours ago) and had no problems at all. As a matter of fact, it was running quicker through all menu and network related areas than had previously. The gremlins decided to migrate, I'm guessing.
 
Have they fixed the problem with a car handling great offline, but handling considerably worse online?
 
DaveTheStalker
Have they fixed the problem with a car handling great offline, but handling considerably worse online?

No and they pretty much won't ever do it
 
Have they fixed the problem with a car handling great offline, but handling considerably worse online?

I run offline practice and am close to online room times. It comes down to setting up offline to match online. Tire wear/fuel consumption (on/off) and grip reduction set to real seem to be the major ones.

Don't forget to look for a clean air run online as now we seem to have draft in free run.
 
Back