Are you going digital or physical with PCARS 3

Digital, with maximum deal. Already bought 3 versions of Project Cars 1, 2 of Project Cars 2, and as cash back for excluding endurance races from my game, gonna save on it.

For some may be it's ok to race short on street cars, but I just love the whole Endurance racing Motorsport.

Probably digital. Most games I buy now are digital. Much more convenient, preloading gives quicker access and the price difference nowadays is minimal.

Probably digital, because I have 2 PS4s in the house and its fun to play with friends especially if I set it up in the same room

I will eventually get a PS5 so is it best to get a physical copy so I can put the disc in either console?

I expect I will get PC3, but that depends on the car and track list - I will probably wait for reviews from trusted GTPlanet members. I expected it to be a pre-order like PC2, but not now with the news on pit stops.

I was gonna go physical first but i just bought a $50 psn card which i was gonna use to buy f1 2018 but then it hit me that i dont really care about f1 racing.

And since i have to renew my ps plus in September i thought why not hold this 50 bucks and next month i'll just add 20 and buy pcars 3 digital first. And since physical comes down in price faster i'll get it on sell in the future.

Plus i get to play it day 1 hour 1 :D

I'll probably go digital but need more info on it first. There were a couple of things in PCars2 that rubbed me the wrong way. I like the idea of buying and building cars in the latest release so that is a plus. What I did not like about 2 was that people could steal your setups from the leaderboard without your permission and that they made some of the cars to where they would not downshift properly. The downshift issue was a problem in several cars but not in all of them. The tune stealing was the last straw after working for many hours tuning a few cars to get top spot on the board only to see others running the identical setup a few days later. Allowing a setup to be shared is a good thing but it should be up to the tuner.

There's many ways to be physical.

Now seriously, as I'll have it for PC then digital, as retail copies for PC (and console too tbh) are a joke nowadays, let alone when they are just a code inside the box.

Still, for all those of you who are thinking on getting the ps5 digital model since it might end up being like €50-€100 cheaper, be advised digital games will be more expensive, at the very least €10 more (when it should be less). I mean the model with the bluray may be more interesting eventually because you can still buy cheaper second hand games. That if in this generation game companies still can't accomplish their goal of finishing off game retailers once and for all, which has been them wet dream for a while.

...the [PS5] model with the bluray may be more interesting eventually because you can still buy cheaper second hand games. That if in this generation game companies still can't accomplish their goal of finishing off game retailers once and for all, which has been them wet dream for a while.
Amazon et al. certainly aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

As much as I've been anti-digital in the past, I went digital with the last three games I've bought and I think I prefer that route now. So I will probably get a digital copy IF I buy it at all. I need to see some more gameplay footage before I will be totally convinced.

Not sure, maybe physical to resell or get credit just in case. Despite my gripes on where this is headed, I feel obliged to get the game and report back to my crew. Maybe "crew" is the wrong word to use... or maybe its exactly the right word if you get my drift... there I go again.

I'll be going physical copy. I like the deals that can be had by downloading but ultimately it's a personal preference. I still have PS1 games that I like to put on for a retro blast and I can't see how that will work in 20+ years time.

I will eventually get a PS5 so is it best to get a physical copy so I can put the disc in either console?

I expect I will get PC3, but that depends on the car and track list - I will probably wait for reviews from trusted GTPlanet members. I expected it to be a pre-order like PC2, but not now with the news on pit stops.
I would think you could download it on both 4 and 5

Not a huge PCars fan. I have 1 and 2 but do not play them much. I'm getting this one digital. It has some similarities to GT and Drive Club that caught my fancy. Hope its not a let down.

Last edited by a moderator:
For now this game went from "probably i will buy it" to "wait for heavy discount" status. I hate mixing up classes and for now it looks like PCars 2 have more content than this one.

For now this game went from "probably i will buy it" to "wait for heavy discount" status. I hate mixing up classes and for now it looks like PCars 2 have more content than this one.

Yes - visually it doesn't look any better. It appears to be a game with less features and less of the important tracks like Spa and Le Mans. It must be being rushed out because a lot of vital features are missing - to be added later SMS say.

I don't care about the car upgrades - that isn't something that floats my boat!

Yes - visually it doesn't look any better. It appears to be a game with less features and less of the important tracks like Spa and Le Mans. It must be being rushed out because a lot of vital features are missing - to be added later SMS say.

I don't care about the car upgrades - that isn't something that floats my boat!
No Classic versions of them tracks either & may I say that classic Le-Mans track in PC2 is up there with some of the best tracks to ever feature in a sim.

Back