Are you going digital or physical with PCARS 3

Discussion in 'Project CARS 3' started by Chikane_GTR, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Chikane_GTR

Chikane_GTR Premium

I'm going physical :)

2. Bloodytears

Bloodytears

Digital, with maximum deal. Already bought 3 versions of Project Cars 1, 2 of Project Cars 2, and as cash back for excluding endurance races from my game, gonna save on it.

For some may be it's ok to race short on street cars, but I just love the whole Endurance racing Motorsport.

3. Animera

Animera

4. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Probably digital. Most games I buy now are digital. Much more convenient, preloading gives quicker access and the price difference nowadays is minimal.

5. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

As a full-priced retail game (that doesn't require an active connection to a server), physical-only remains the rule.

sirjim73 and CTznOfTime like this.
  6. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

It'll be digital for me but.... As it stands it's a wait until it's on games with gold or game pass.

I'm in no rush, plenty of life left in PC2 for me.

7. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

likely digital and months after release, they need to show a lot more of it to convince me to get it on day 1.

klondike and CTznOfTime like this.
  8. Zeitoss

Zeitoss

After latest updates, neither.

I want to see the game released, and see how it goes.

I am curious to try a demo as well, but I am not sure if they will release it.

CTznOfTime and potvinsuks like this.
  9. Daz555

Daz555

I'll pick it up when it becomes free with PS Plus.

guailifit and CTznOfTime like this.
  10. MroczMR

MroczMR

Probably on some kind of discount. Depends which will be cheaper physical or digital.

jake2013guy likes this.
  11. Benny44

Benny44

Probably digital, because I have 2 PS4s in the house and its fun to play with friends especially if I set it up in the same room

12. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder

I will eventually get a PS5 so is it best to get a physical copy so I can put the disc in either console?

I expect I will get PC3, but that depends on the car and track list - I will probably wait for reviews from trusted GTPlanet members. I expected it to be a pre-order like PC2, but not now with the news on pit stops.

13. Zona

Zona Premium

Digital as I'll be getting it on Steam.

14. Chikane_GTR

Chikane_GTR Premium

I was gonna go physical first but i just bought a $50 psn card which i was gonna use to buy f1 2018 but then it hit me that i dont really care about f1 racing.

And since i have to renew my ps plus in September i thought why not hold this 50 bucks and next month i'll just add 20 and buy pcars 3 digital first. And since physical comes down in price faster i'll get it on sell in the future.

Plus i get to play it day 1 hour 1 :D

15. HBR-Roadhog

HBR-Roadhog

I'll probably go digital but need more info on it first. There were a couple of things in PCars2 that rubbed me the wrong way. I like the idea of buying and building cars in the latest release so that is a plus. What I did not like about 2 was that people could steal your setups from the leaderboard without your permission and that they made some of the cars to where they would not downshift properly. The downshift issue was a problem in several cars but not in all of them. The tune stealing was the last straw after working for many hours tuning a few cars to get top spot on the board only to see others running the identical setup a few days later. Allowing a setup to be shared is a good thing but it should be up to the tuner.

16. Donnced

Donnced

Neither, full pass on this one.... will wait for the next real project cars 3

RomKnight likes this.
  17. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Always physical, unless years later a mega cheap download... Physical because if it`s rubbish, can sell it on quick....

18. fernandito

fernandito

There's many ways to be physical.

Now seriously, as I'll have it for PC then digital, as retail copies for PC (and console too tbh) are a joke nowadays, let alone when they are just a code inside the box.

Still, for all those of you who are thinking on getting the ps5 digital model since it might end up being like €50-€100 cheaper, be advised digital games will be more expensive, at the very least €10 more (when it should be less). I mean the model with the bluray may be more interesting eventually because you can still buy cheaper second hand games. That if in this generation game companies still can't accomplish their goal of finishing off game retailers once and for all, which has been them wet dream for a while.

19. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Amazon et al. certainly aren't going anywhere anytime soon.