Are you sick of Japanese cars poll

• Thread starter adramire
  • 123 comments
I want to gauge the opinion of GT5 gamers on the ratio of Japanese to all other cars in the game.

I have played GT since GT1 and it got me interested in JDM tuners but PD has just started to force feed Japanese cars by overwhelming the GT5 line up with them.

Ok I get that PD is a Japanese game developer and they love their cars but it's time to focus on other cars in the world that GT fans want, I mean they focus so much on Japanese cars that they are starting to make me hate them! lol.

I hope other GT fans feel the same and PD see's this poll and wakes up!.

Not really, but there are way too many awful Skylines and Miatas that serve no value.

I love Japanese cars so I'm glad PD features a lot of them. I'd like it if there was more American cars though but I'm sure if PD wanted to they could release some in an update or as DLC.

Im glad PD don't just do the cars that everybody wants or cars that every other run of the mill racing game with real cars has, it makes it feel unique and diverse, and that is what PD does best, so i say i am not sick of the japanese cars because they have more thought and soul put into their design rather than the usual (at least 80%-ish of the time) 'lets make a car thats semi-awful and make some money out of it' cars from other countries. :P

I mean, look at Forza (not saying the game is bad, i mean im getting FM4 for my birthday this month), they have such an overwhelming emphasis on supercars that its boring to see the same type of cars over and over again, and most are just rich mans toys and very few actually have a soul and passion to said cars. (exceptions being the dodge viper, mclaren F1, TVRs and probably a few more ive forgotten). An too many race cars in a game about both types of cars (racing and road) then it just becomes another average racer. GT is about the driving feel of any type of car for any track - onroad or offroad, and i feel that Japanese cars are so diverse and original in that they deserve a place in racing games more than they are in other games, they don't get the credit they deserve and are almost outright ignored in other games.

Last edited:
Well, I think it deserves its place in the franchise. There will be no other game where Japanese cars are featured like in GT.

I still remember the day when I was in third grade and I was the only one among my friends who knew about Skylines, Evos, Imprezas, Nsx, Rx7s, and Supras. Now, a lot of people do.

I think the problem is rather all the indistinguishable variations, but really, they're not that concerning because they probably don't take that much extra effort, especially if they're standard.

No to the question, but I'm tired of people constantly complaining about it. The ratio is changing, slowly but surely changing.
This forum is starting to sound like my wife once I get home from work. Yak, yak, yak, all about some 🤬 you can't control. You never know what the next DLC could be.

I like Japanese cars, I'd prefer more European and American cars in the next DLC though.

I'm not tired of Japanese cars, just tired of the ridiculous amount of Nissans in the game! We need more old Japaneseanese cars like Mazda R100, RX-2, RX-3, RX-4, 1st gen RX-7, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Corolla and Corona, Datsun 610 (I know it's a Nissan), etc. Some old Australian cars would be nice too, like old Ford Falcons and Holden Monaro and Torana.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a bit tired of seeing so many inexpensive (note I did not say cheap) Japanese sporty cars, when most people go right past them to the European supercars. What I see here, however, is a group of people who make a video game about cars not to make money, but because they love cars. I wish there were more European, Australian (Yes, they do have cars down there) and American cars, but I really don't mind it the way it is. I'm glad it's even there.

i am a bit tired of seeing so many inexpensive (note i did not say cheap) japanese sporty cars, when most people go right past them to the european supercars. What i see here, however, is a group of people who make a video game about cars not to make money, but because they love cars. I wish there were more european, australian (yes, they do have cars down there) and american cars, but i really don't mind it the way it is. i'm glad it's even there.

Preaaach!

I like Japanese cars too but just the numbers of them in GT5 is too much. There are so many other cars they can include that don't have to be super cars.

There are so many Japanese cars already there is no need to rehash cars based on the same cars. I guess I am a true car enthusiast and not someone that clings to one make or model like most in here.

No way! GT has taught me how many weird and wonderful cars come from Japan, and I enjoy driving them all!! :D The only cars that bother me are the 'Regional' Duplicates i.e. Lexus GS300 Vertex Edition '00 and Toyota Aristo Vertex Edition '00.

No way! GT has taught me how many weird and wonderful cars come from Japan, and I enjoy driving them all!! :D The only cars that bother me are the 'Regional' Duplicates i.e. Lexus GS300 Vertex Edition '00 and Toyota Aristo Vertex Edition '00.
I don't mind seeing the Skylines or Miatas. I Hate seeing THOSE.

But I love Miatas.

No, I'm not sick of them whatsoever. The Nissan GTR is probably my all-time favourite supercar; super easy to drive and faster/cheaper than most of it's competition. And, I love touring cars like the ASL Garaiya and most of the ones in the game are from Japan.

No, I'm not sick of them.

Japanese video game studio led by Japanese car enthusiast makes a racing game with a larger variety of Japanese cars, than American or European...

Still waiting for the shocker here...

I like MX-5's/Miata's/Eunos Roadsters' too just not when there is a separate 'car' bearing each of the different regional names!

Nope, I love them. Especially rotary mazdas:tup:
However, excluding the standards, in GT5 they did a great job on the division by country, categories and models of the premium cars. Sure, something is still missing, but there is already a large selection and for a vision of the future I think we just look at them.

Back