Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
This is just me, but if I were a console player I would stick to races outside of career mode for now because you already know a patch is on the way to fix all those things that are funking up Career Mode. Aren't console players allowed to setup their own races at whichever track they prefer with whatever cars they choose?

Yes we can do that. Pretty sure people are doing that anyway along with just taking cars for a blast.

This is just me, but if I were a console player I would stick to races outside of career mode for now because you already know a patch is on the way to fix all those things that are funking up Career Mode. Aren't console players allowed to setup their own races at whichever track they prefer with whatever cars they choose?
We can pick the track and layout (but not the surface condition - no green tracks for us), but as far as other cars go we can only pick either same car or same class (and AC has some odd ideas about same class - apparently the RS1600, Alfa GTA and '69s Abarth 500 are all in the same class). We don't get to select the actual grid car by car.

Oh and we still get the exact same bugs, and while it doesn’t affect progress (as its not career) its still annoying to find that the actual finishing order is not what it then reports. Nor does it make for a great race if half the field pits on the last lap.

FS7
Trading 101: do not ever sell your games to stores.
Selling directly to gamers is a much better deal for both seller & buyer.

Before my economic and work problems i was a collector, it's sad to see my snes collection and precious PSX games go...

I never sell to stores.

We can pick the track and layout (but not the surface condition - no green tracks for us), but as far as other cars go we can only pick either same car or same class (and AC has some odd ideas about same class - apparently the RS1600, Alfa GTA and '69s Abarth 500 are all in the same class). We don't get to select the actual grid car by car.

Oh and we still get the exact same bugs, and while it doesn’t affect progress (as its not career) its still annoying to find that the actual finishing order is not what it then reports. Nor does it make for a great race if half the field pits on the last lap.
Geez... Why the heck can't you pick your own lineup of AI cars? Does it really add that much overhead to the processing? That's the only reason that I can think of off the top of my head as to why they would prevent it. But that can't really be since you can pick by Class, so if you pick GT3, for instance, I'd imagine you could/would have all the different GT3 cars in the game on your grid. So, why the heck did they do that?

I am so bummed for you guys. We all knew there would be no mods and smaller grids going to console, but we kept hearing "Not watered down.. not one bit." Okay. I'm going to take their word for it as far as driving physics go, which is the most important thing, but it seems like EVERY single other thing is compromised on the console version. And if it's due to memory issues or a CPU/GPU that can't cut it, that should have all been clearly explained a long time ago.

It's like you and I are playing two completely different games...I was so freakin' happy for this to appear on console - and I know tons of console players are happy with the game and they're being tolerant of the bugs that Kunos promises to fix, but come on man... You can't pick a total custom grid. You can only run on 100% grippy tar which the creators themselves says would only occur after a LeMans or 24 Hrs of Nurb weekend. You can't customize controls and now apparently this finishing order bug at the end of races...My god...

For what it's worth I haven't had a single AI car go into the pits yet, or if I did they were already behind me and I didn't notice. I've only been doing quick races & race weekends.

TBH the only bugs I've encountered are setups that I know I've saved have not been there the next time I loaded the game (really annoying) and some audio glitches where the engine noise comes and goes.

Interesting, what are green tracks?
On the PC we can select between 5 different Driving Surfaces - Optimum, Fast, Green, Old, Dusty -- Each one is a different level of grip. Optimum is the best, but it's not really realistic. Fast is a little bit less grippy, Green is a little less grippy than Fast, although after you do a certain number of laps the grip will improve 1% point at a time. Old is a really wornout surface that takes a LOT of laps before the tarmac starts getting stickier. And dusty is well, a dusty surface with a low amount of grip.

Interesting, what are green tracks?
On PC you can adjust track grip levels via 5-6 settings. They combine an initial grip level (e.g. 92%, 96%, 100%) with a speed of variation as the track is used.

So an "old" track with poor Tarmac might start at 94% but not change during a session, whereas a "green" track is simulating clean Tarmac and might start at 93% but quickly rise up to 98% during a session as the surface rubbers in.

Actually, there are 6... I forgot about Slow. Here is the breakdown of each:

4.5 Grip levels / Track surface
These are all ingame available presets with their numerical values

Optimum
Session Start: 100
Ramdomness:
Lap Gain:1

Fast
Session Start: 97
Ramdomness: 20
Lap Gain: 20

Green
Session Start: 92
Lap Gain: 10

Slow
Session Start: 94
Ramdomness: 15
Lap Gain: 60

Old
Session Start: 86
Ramdomness: 30
Lap Gain: 50

Dust
Session Start: 83
Ramdomness: 10
Lap Gain: 18

Geez... Why the heck can't you pick your own lineup of AI cars? Does it really add that much overhead to the processing? That's the only reason that I can think of off the top of my head as to why they would prevent it. But that can't really be since you can pick by Class, so if you pick GT3, for instance, I'd imagine you could/would have all the different GT3 cars in the game on your grid. So, why the heck did they do that?

I am so bummed for you guys. We all knew there would be no mods and smaller grids going to console, but we kept hearing "Not watered down.. not one bit." Okay. I'm going to take their word for it as far as driving physics go, which is the most important thing, but it seems like EVERY single other thing is compromised on the console version. And if it's due to memory issues or a CPU/GPU that can't cut it, that should have all been clearly explained a long time ago.

It's like you and I are playing two completely different games...I was so freakin' happy for this to appear on console - and I know tons of console players are happy with the game and they're being tolerant of the bugs that Kunos promises to fix, but come on man... You can't pick a total custom grid. You can only run on 100% grippy tar which the creators themselves says would only occur after a LeMans or 24 Hrs of Nurb weekend. You can't customize controls and now apparently this finishing order bug at the end of races...My god...

Console are peasants, peasants don't get first class service :lol: :P Have to wait for patches.

Actually, there are 6... I forgot about Slow. Here is the breakdown of each:

4.5 Grip levels / Track surface
These are all ingame available presets with their numerical values

Optimum
Session Start: 100
Ramdomness:
Lap Gain:1

Fast
Session Start: 97
Lap Gain: 20

Green
Session Start: 92
Lap Gain: 10

Slow
Session Start: 94
Ramdomness: 15
Lap Gain: 60

Old
Session Start: 86
Ramdomness: 30
Lap Gain: 50

Dust
Session Start: 83
Ramdomness: 10
Lap Gain: 18

What's lap gain do ?

What's lap gain do ?

I believe it's number of laps for grip to increase by one percent. But it's calculated by the number of cars on track, so if lap gain is 15 and there are 15 cars on track, after each car has completed a lap the grip will go up one percent. Or something like that.

Yeah must be quite crappy seeing all those small customization tools having disappeared from the game. Track conditions, seat position, opponent picking the list goes on.

I see no reason why this couldn't be included on consoles, my guess is that they had quite some work making the new menu so they just left out the icing on the cake.

Yeah must be quite crappy seeing all those small customization tools having disappeared from the game. Track conditions, seat position, opponent picking the list goes on.

I see no reason why this couldn't be included on consoles, my guess is that they had quite some work making the new menu so they just left out the icing on the cake.

Those missing things are icing on the cake ? Does bugs like finishing order and AI pit on last lap icing on the cake :P ?

How long would it take to get console version in line with PC ? 6 months ?

Those missing things are icing on the cake ? Does bugs like finishing order and AI pit on last lap icing on the cake :P ?

How long would it take to get console version in line with PC ? 6 months ?
Well we were talking specifically about missing features, that there would be bugs we pretty much all expected and i suppose those will be addressed quickly.

I doubt they will align it with the PC version entirely though, maybe a feature here and there but that will be pretty much it.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the apps too! Like you said, the driver adjustment app - that's like one of the coolest things if you drive in cockpit mode. Then all the other apps like pedals (thats super important when trying to improve and you're watching replays - or someone else is watching your replay to offer advice), the tire temp/pressue/tire wear app, lap delta app, various lap/position apps for racing or even hot lapping...the list goes on and on.

Now, none of those are essential to getting a great driving experience, but to me its little things like those apps that really help me improve. You wouldn't believe the crazy s:censored:t we have for apps on the PC side - access to developers apps too. Ya know, I could almost excuse them for the bugs that did ship on Day 1 if it was an identical port from PC. But, God...Considering all the stuff they left out...I don't know...

I still think Kunos will make it right for the console versions -- its just a matter of will the people still be playing the game by time they do? If GTS didn't get delayed, they would be rightly F:censored:. That was a miracle for Kunos. I mean, they are Italian...Maybe the Pope put in a good word with the man upstairs? :D

If GTS didn't get delayed, they would be rightly F:censored:. That was a miracle for Kunos. I mean, they are Italian...Maybe the Pope put in a good word with the man upstairs? :D

I'm italian and i can assure you not all of italy is that religious :D Actually mine and a few other regions are well know for their colorite profanities :D

I.e. at the Stadium of my city the newly assigned city Cardinal, was invited before the kick off to greet the people since he was from the city my team would be playing against.

The speaker went like "a bit of silence while we introduce the new cardinal and let him have a word"

and from the grandstadt in the total silence a voice raised up "-profanity surely against the AUP- we need the Pope here, bring the Pope!"

Even the cardinal was laughing i swear, for i was picturing the event :D

So, Kunos, -colorite profanity- fix the console game up and give us proper Online, -other profanity- miracles are a one time thing :D (said as people from here would state it Insert other random profanity )

I'm italian and i can assure you not all of italy is that religious :D Actually mine and a few other regions are well know for their colorite profanities :D
T'was just a joke. :D

I remember your name/avatar from years back when I was really hooked on GT6. I knew you were involved with, or maybe even running your own GT6 racing league(s). That's pretty cool! Do you still have the same league(s) running? Have your racing mates hung in there with GT6. It's pretty impressive to see how many people are still loving GT6 as much as they did back in December 2013. :D

It's pretty impressive to see how many people are still loving GT6 as much as they did back in December 2013. :D
They didn't have much alternatives
hide.gif

They didn't have much alternatives
hide.gif
Haha Well, you've got a point there... But, they could have jumped ship to the XBoxOne or joined the Master Race (TM Pending) like I did. Seriously though, it is pretty impressive there are still so many people playing GT6 considering it was probably the least favorite of the entire series and it's just a hair under 3 years old on the "old" gaming system.

Boy, I will never, ever understand how PD could have taken so long to get a PS4 title published. You're talking about the single biggest name in video gaming history (for racing sims), Gran Turismo, and they've been nowhere to be found. Shocking. Absolutely shocking. And now they're already hitting a delay that they can't even put an estimate on when it'll be good to go?? Amazing.

... as far as other cars go we can only pick either same car or same class...
That sucks. I hope console versions get the option to setup custom car grid like in the pc version, there's some really interesting multiclass scenarios that can be created.

T'was just a joke. :D

I remember your name/avatar from years back when I was really hooked on GT6. I knew you were involved with, or maybe even running your own GT6 racing league(s). That's pretty cool! Do you still have the same league(s) running? Have your racing mates hung in there with GT6. It's pretty impressive to see how many people are still loving GT6 as much as they did back in December 2013. :D
Did organize and play on gt5-6 until PCars came out. Then i had 3 series on Pcars.

Not sure those people love gt6 that much, is that many do not want to buy new wheel or to learn to drive in a better sim. Sad, isn't it?

Just had my first hours with the game on PS4 with a T300. Despite the online, and some poor things already said here Im enjoying it a lot. Physics are great, it's just a pleasure picking a ramdom track/car and drive.

Btw, bought a prestige edition and all the downloable cars are there with that cloud icon. But when Im going to download them ps store says I can't download now... Am I doing somewthing wrong?

Thanks!

Back