Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Not sure if it's still like this but it used to set the times based on your performance, so if you went slow the first lap and crossed the checkpoint with just a second or two left then it made the next couple laps a lot easier. They may have fixed this though, it's been ages since I did a time trial so I don't know.
I did a couple of those time trials last few days and I can't even bronze and I thought I was moving at a pretty good clip. I'll have to try that trick to see if it still works.

Well,here's more information about the next update of Assetto corsa on PS4 and XO

COMMUNITY BLOG - 12TH SEP 2016
Hi everyone,

Firstly, we just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has shown us their support over the last few weeks! We are so unbelievably grateful to have such passionate players who spend many, many hours a week playing Assetto Corsa and take the time to chat to us across social media. It means so much to the team!

So, what’s new? Well, we wanted to give you guys an insight into SOME of the things to expect as part of our next update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, due later this month.

• Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
  • Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
  • On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
  • Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
  • A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
  • 2 additional difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.
  • AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
A full list of additions, fixes and features will be published in due course.

On behalf of the whole team, we want to thank our community for their incredible enthusiasm, passion and patience! Be rest assured, Assetto Corsa 1.0 on PS4/XB1 is just the start. As we’ve said numerous times before, we fully intend on building on these foundations, going forward. We’re excited and we hope you guys are too!

Just talked about this in a PM, what if Kunos would have ditched the career mode all together? Would they have had less of a backlash without its inclusion? Just offer the special events and TT, hotlap etcetera

It is basically an early relic from the begin days of AC, as it has the first cars and tracks that were released still. Might have well taken it out as it feels out of place anyway, and newcomers tend to focus on it because that's what they are used to seeing in other racing games. To me it serves no use at all i never play it.

Just a thought.

Just talked about this in a PM, what if Kunos would have ditched the career mode all together? Would they have had less of a backlash without its inclusion? Just offer the special events and TT, hotlap etcetera

It is basically an early relic from the begin days of AC, as it has the first cars and tracks that were released still. Might have well taken it out as it feels out of place anyway, and newcomers tend to focus on it because that's what they are used to seeing in other racing games. To me it serves no use at all i never play it.

Just a thought.
A thought I find myself agreeing with. It really is the first place a console gamer would go. I don't think they realised that.

Just a thought.

I'm sure a lack of any career mode would have produced just as much whinging as the inclusion of a half-assed career mode.

I'm sure a lack of any career mode would have produced just as much whinging as the inclusion of a half-assed career mode.
Maybe the whinging would have decreased by 20%? :D Who knows. People would be forced to focus more on the fun parts of the game though. Delving into career at the moment you first boot up AC might make everything feel half arsed as a consequence, whilst that is not the case with the other modes on offer.

Have a look below. Probably the 1 glitch im okay with. I think a tornado got him. (Hit the pylon)

1.png
2.png

Just a thought.
I did the career mode for a while now, but i abandoned completely because indeed it serves no use.
Now i use race weekends and it has some big advantages over the career mode. You can race against 15 ai (mostly 10 in career), every content available (half the cars and tracks left out in career), you have qualifying (left out in career).
Conclusion : i have more fun playing race weekends than in career mode.

What you havent seen that happen in real-life before, not a bug, just not enough downforce clearly. All part of the learning process of making setups.
A joke?

My joke detector is not working well lately.

That is wonky physics / nasty bug in pcars style... The car looked like being 50mts high or should I better say 150!?

A joke?

That is wonky physics / nasty bug in pcars style... The car looked like being 50mts high or should I better say 150!?
Yeah it is pretty insane, it shot me downwards a few times under the map but never above though that was around a year ago, surprised to see things crop back up again.

A joke?

More like limitation/flaw in physics or not enough tick rate or due to CPU overtaxed, massive changes in spring/damper/height due to collision or hitting something on the road surface, boom, crazy value = jump sky high :lol: This case, a pylon :irked::lol: Wonder what happen on race cars with maxed out spring/damper/lowest height, maybe that kind of thing will happen more often :P It can happen on all games, software quirks.

Just a thought.

Just look at how people have responded to the absence of private lobbies. I think poor implementation of these would have been better for reception than none at all. As you suggest, it seems people have these general ideas of what a game must be when they buy it, and then shortfalls of the included features are usually perceived with greater forgiveness and patience. Not that I necessarily agree with this but it's a balancing act no matter what they do.

Last edited:
Have a look below. Probably the 1 glitch im okay with. I think a tornado got him. (Hit the pylon)

View attachment 584712 View attachment 584713

Not just a coincidence then, and obviously there's a glitch on that Stowe corner at Silverstone........Remember my vid last week of the Mclaren vs Pylon battle? Less height, but the same artistic impression!! :eek::lol::eek: The pylon continues to haunt the 3 cars afterwards too!! :P

Why is it 'whinging' though? It's people rightly saying that career mode in AC is pretty poor. Whinging is creating view that people are not somehow justified to comment on a mode in a game that they purchased.
Bit unfair IMO.

Why is it 'whinging' though? It's people rightly saying that career mode in AC is pretty poor. Whinging is creating view that people are not somehow justified to comment on a mode in a game that they purchased.
Bit unfair IMO.

I knew somebody would take that the wrong way. Whinging = complaining and sometimes complaints are totally justified, and the career mode in AC is pretty poor therefore complaints about it are justified. Just like I'm sure if no career mode had been included there would have been more justified complaining. I never said anything to suggest the complaints were unjustified.

I knew somebody would take that the wrong way. Whinging = complaining and sometimes complaints are totally justified, and the career mode in AC is pretty poor therefore complaints about it are justified. Just like I'm sure if no career mode had been included there would have been more justified complaining. I never said anything to suggest the complaints were unjustified.

I know, but I have 2 kids under age of 7, I know what 'whinging' means.

I know, but I have 2 kids under age of 7, I know what 'whinging' means.

We don't use the word over here, to me it just means complaining. That's all I meant in reference to Mr. Dog's post, that people would have complained about not having any career mode just as much as they complained about having a half-assed career mode, and justifiably so.

We don't use the word over here, to me it just means complaining. That's all I meant in reference to Mr. Dog's post, that people would have complained about not having any career mode just as much as they complained about having a half-assed career mode, and justifiably so.

Fair enough, 'whinging' is like used over here same as 'moaning' 'whining', its used negatively rather than say a positive expression for someone. Like I say my kids whinge all the time if i say 'no more sweets' or 'bath time'....

skip to 1.00, enjoy.

It can happen on all games, software quirks.
Pretty much this. Complex physics engine + something goes out of bounds -> boom. No biggie IMO.

Maybe the whinging would have decreased by 20%? :D
Probably closer to 23.31%. (research shows more people take you seriously if you post a more specific statistic)

We don't use the word over here, to me it just means complaining.
Whinging is complaining persistenly. So the same person bringing up the same thing over and over again. I think some of the complaining here can be qualified as whinging, but not all of it. :D If it becomes too much a dedicated thread like in the other subforums could be worthwhile.

Probably closer to 23.31%. (research shows more people take you seriously if you post a more specific statistic)
87.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot. :D

Whinging is complaining persistenly. So the same person bringing up the same thing over and over again. I think some of the complaining here can be qualified as whinging, but not all of it. :D If it becomes too much a dedicated thread like in the other subforums could be worthwhile.

In that case, some people would have still found something to whinge about because it seems like some people can only focus on negatives (just visit any random AC thread on RaceDepartment for proof). :lol:

I'm late to the party but has there been any news about being able to customise the controller layout on ps4? Thanks

This is the most recent from The Facebook, he doesn't say specifically what or when but mentions they're working on new controller configuration options. Make of it what you will.

"A short preview on [some of] the things you will find in next update for Assetto Corsa on PS4 and XB1. Tearing issues have been solved, and the graphics is much more smooth in any situation. The smoothness also gives a better perception of visuals, and allows to feel a better car handling. Definetely a great step ahead, that will allow you to enjoy AC much more. The new build will feature 2 additional difficult levels, very easy and alien, and btw, all the AI levels have been balanced, that means that also the existing AI levels have been improved. Controllers: the issues with Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH shifters have been fixed; gamepad speed sensitivity and steering gamma now work much better (we can't wait to receive your feedback), and a "reset to default" command has been added (where default means recommended). When you launch the game, now it recognizes and consider as default the device you use when you press X/A to start it (as it was designed, and it didn't work due to a bug of the very last minute..). This is the JUST the FIRST pass of improvements for the controller section, but not the LAST. We are already working to include new configurations and options for all the controllers and, BTW, thank you for your kind suggestions. Visual steering wheel rotation: as you might know, Assetto Corsa performs a full rotation of the steering wheel, depending by the car you choose, that actually helps to understand if you are steering too much, since the visual rotation matches the physical one. Said that, we recognize that gamepad users are not used to this kind of approach, and actually it can be weird by an aesthetical point of view. We added the option to lock the visual steering wheel, that will be setted by default at 360 degrees, and it works from 240 to 1080 degrees, so it can please any kind of user. Most important, we allow you to make your favorite choice.

As said before, this is just a quick update of SOME OF the things you will find in the next build. As you might know (but much probably not), the workflow needed to update a game on console is hugely different than on Steam with the PC version: is much more complex, slow and less dynamic. Also, it's something that - as developers - we are experimenting on console for the first time, since Assetto Corsa is our first porting, and believe me, Assetto Corsa is a very complex software. This is not meant to be a justification, but just a simple fact. Therefore I thank you in advance for your patience and passion, but you can be sure that Assetto Corsa 1.0 on PS4/XB1 is just the start. And, btw, the Japanese Pack DLC, the Black Cat County and Maserati Levante will be available very soon! Hopefully the new build will be available during this month: fingers crossed!

Thank you very much for the awesome way you are supporting us."

I have this coming for my birthday soon but I'm not going to be able to play until I can use the classic X and square for accelerator and brakes on the pad :(

Cool that we get Black Cat County and a few more cars this month. and the technical advancements are also very good to see.

Can anyone say if there is a option in the PC build where you can set a time based race distance?

Isn't "very soon" all we know at this point?
Read a few posts above from the Dev

"And, btw, the Japanese Pack DLC, the Black Cat County and Maserati Levante will be available very soon! Hopefully the new build will be available during this month: fingers crossed!"

Very soon and during this month sound like good indicators to me

Well tomorrow 13th of September the PS4 users will get an update already.. But not for assetto... It's the system 4.0 update. :D

Read a few posts above from the Dev

"And, btw, the Japanese Pack DLC, the Black Cat County and Maserati Levante will be available very soon! Hopefully the new build will be available during this month: fingers crossed!"

Very soon and during this month sound like good indicators to me

I just wanted to be sure I hadn't overlooked some confirmation. Prestige DLC release date is still TBA and I assumed we would see that before anything else. Maybe, maybe not.

Back