Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Just had my first hours with the game on PS4 with a T300. Despite the online, and some poor things already said here Im enjoying it a lot. Physics are great, it's just a pleasure picking a ramdom track/car and drive.

Btw, bought a prestige edition and all the downloable cars are there with that cloud icon. But when Im going to download them ps store says I can't download now... Am I doing somewthing wrong?

Thanks!
Exit game and open up the PS store, scroll down to the bottom to 'redeem code', type your code in, it'll download the cars in a flash, restart game and they'll be there.

Unless you bought it from GameStop as there may be issues with their codes apparently.

Anyone else finding strange splittimes at Silverstone GP. The sector shows I am in the green but when crossing the finishline I seem slower. Really strange. I am under the impression splittimes are not always accurate :odd:

Glad to see that Kunos is going full steam ahead with console patches. Told you guys they keep their word ;) 👍

There is. This is a short capture of me driving an E92 M3 on my very first day of owning Assetto Corsa.

What track is that if I may ask?

And the pagani in assetto is the first i seen that simulated properly the aerodynamic rear flaps... Nice detail!

GT6 also has the flaps correct. Raises inner flap in turns, and goes to a lower angle at high speeds. Front and rear all fully simulated too.

AC may not look as good as Forza or PCARS, but it's the attention to detail that to me elevates this game (and GT sometimes) above the rest. It's how you know the devs are true car guys. It's a subtle thing but means a lot 👍

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but more than 10 days after its release, AC still doesn't show up under "New Games" in the US Xbox store. Unless you know to search for it, the game basically doesn't exist. Can't be good for sales...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but more than 10 days after its release, AC still doesn't show up under "New Games" in the US Xbox store. Unless you know to search for it, the game basically doesn't exist. Can't be good for sales...
It shows up for me - but way before the actual release date. You have to scroll down a little. People probably never saw it in the Store Main Menu where the new games are highlighted. Even though I believe it will do better on PS4 simply for the lack of something like Horizon 3 or FM6.

I hope we would get this Ferrari. Makes more sense then the Stage 3 F40.

Last edited:
I've been driving for the first time the Alfa GTA for 30minutes straight on the Nurburgring. WOW!! What a fantastic car!! I like how the rear end just snaps as soon as you hit the brake pedal but it's just so easy to manage it...

Like so? ;)

Just bear in mind, though, that you're basically just locking the rear wheel(s). One has to be very gentle on the brakes with this car.

Yes exactly like that 35mm !! After a couple more laps I managed to be more gentle on the brake pedal , it happens more often when you hit the brakes after a long straight. Gosh I love this game:bowdown:

Like so? ;)

Just bear in mind, though, that you're basically just locking the rear wheel(s). One has to be very gentle on the brakes with this car.
You can do the same thing just through weight shift under braking, no need to lock the wheels.

You can do the same thing just through weight shift under braking, no need to lock the wheels.
You can, of course.

But it will not be as abrupt as the example here. There was even a bit of smoke in the original replay here, which unfortunately just magically disappears with the slow motion feature.

It shows up for me - but way before the actual release date. You have to scroll down a little. People probably never saw it in the Store Main Menu where the new games are highlighted.

That's the answer. It's listed way down with games that came out at the end of July, rather than the end of August. Because someone screwed up the month, it never got its time at the top of the page and is now #68 on the page of 121 new games.

Why are allways the same tracks in the career mode? It start to get boring
The career mode is a joke in my opinion
Possibly so you can learn the tracks properly since they are laser scanned and with different cars to give you more experience.

Career mode is not compulsory. If you don't enjoy it don't do it. Quick races and race weekend are the best things for me to do.

Possibly so you can learn the tracks properly since they are laser scanned and with different cars to give you more experience.

Career mode is not compulsory. If you don't enjoy it don't do it. Quick races and race weekend are the best things for me to do.
They have a Practice Mode for this.

Why are allways the same tracks in the career mode? It start to get boring
The career mode is a joke in my opinion
It's incredibly poorly put together. I just enjoy the time trials even if they are poorly put together as well - special events seem to offer a bit more (not saying much) if you want variety.

Is it more realistic to play the game with Factory TC and ABS settings or both off?

It's incredibly poorly put together. I just enjoy the time trials even if they are poorly put together as well - special events seem to offer a bit more (not saying much) if you want variety.

Is it more realistic to play the game with Factory TC and ABS settings or both off?
Yes it really is poorly put together.

I would say factory settings

Factory settings means every car has TC and ABS settings as it comes from the factory so by definition it's the most "realistic" setting. Personal preference may vary but I never use TC and very rarely use ABS either.

Factory settings means every car has TC and ABS settings as it comes from the factory so by definition it's the most "realistic" setting. Personal preference may vary but I never use TC and very rarely use ABS either.
Aaah okay... I'm just really enjoying driving the race cars in the game on Factory since they do actually have grip unlike just about every other sim where they handle on ice unless you crank the ABS and TC up! Its refreshing to see a title have factory as an option for once.

I just love this game...DAAAAMN lol. I put on GT6 yesterday and after one race was trying to comprehend why on God's green Earth anyone could be happy with such a balls up of a game. I can really see how poor it is now after playing AC, Project Cars, Forza, Driveclub...
Bring on the Japanese pack and the update with the Mazza Levante S BABY. Oh yeah!!

I just love this game...DAAAAMN lol. I put on GT6 yesterday and after one race was trying to comprehend why on God's green Earth anyone could be happy with such a balls up of a game. I can really see how poor it is now after playing AC, Project Cars, Forza, Driveclub...
Bring on the Japanese pack and the update with the Mazza Levante S BABY. Oh yeah!!
You won't be disappointed in the Levante, it's superb IMO.

I really like the Time Trial mode, I just hope they add some sort of indicator to where the checkpoints are in the future. As it stands it's really no different to just driving around the track, since you don't know when to speed up or become a bit more aggresive.

There are banners over the checkpoints on the PC version. Hopefully they'll be added.

You can speed up in a time attack? You mean you're not going as fast as you can all the time?

You can speed up in a time attack? You mean you're not going as fast as you can all the time?

Is that bug still there where you go slowly your first lap to make the successive laps easier? I know it used to be like that back in the early days.

I'm going to try that! :lol:

Not sure if it's still like this but it used to set the times based on your performance, so if you went slow the first lap and crossed the checkpoint with just a second or two left then it made the next couple laps a lot easier. They may have fixed this though, it's been ages since I did a time trial so I don't know.

Back