Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Is there any particular reason why, from a stand-still, my T150 just starts to vibrate like hell until the race starts? It's ridiculously loud and seems unnecessary. :lol:

It happens roughly 75% of the time at race-starts.
I remember @Scaff mentioning that happening with his T150 as well. Someone came up with a solution (or, at least, a way to minimize it), but I can't seem to find that post.

I remember @Scaff mentioning that happening with his T150 as well. Someone came up with a solution (or, at least, a way to minimize it), but I can't seem to find that post.

I thought the solution would be to turn vibration of for the controller. However I tried and it doesn't solve my issue. It is less though.

I fixed it by changing the input device to controller, then setting vibration to 0% and changing back to wheel.

Its fixed it for me, however I did then move to the T300, so I can't be 100% sure it fixed it in regard to the T150.

Engine vibration :confused: :lol:

Before lowering the FFB it happened me lot more, now it's lot less.
So that's why i tinc it's more FFB strength linked..
I have same problem and it doesn't bother me. I usually grab the wheel and move it and sometimes it stops.

But aren't career modes usually designed so that you start off simple with slower cars and basic races and work your way towards the more involved stuff with more demanding cars and races?

Yes, that and sometimes the need to earn money and unlock cars etc, but I mean the championships are locked out of the game unless you do the career. What I'm saying is most people seem to be saying they are single races or hot lapping and its a real shame something as cool as championships are locked when everything else is free to use.
It's worse with the fact the career isn't that good at the start.

It's a bit annoying how when you crash and spin the wheel, when you choose to respawn at the pits the wheel doesn't auto-centre itself and when you go to exit the pit box you accidentally drive into the pit guy.
TBH he's asking for it standing right in front of me...

CsUcqt8WYAATZhJ.jpg

Screenshot_2016-09-14-16-30-36.jpg

With the PS4 system update someone on reddit pointed out they saw less screen tearing playing AC.. I played for about an hour this morning and even though the frame rate still is the same and stutters here and there a bit, I did not see the obvious screen tearing anymore. I don't have a new HDR TV so I left that new setting to off.

Anyone else notice any changes?

With the PS4 system update someone on reddit pointed out they saw less screen tearing playing AC.. I played for about an hour this morning and even though the frame rate still is the same and stutters here and there a bit, I did not see the obvious screen tearing anymore. I don't have a new HDR TV so I left that new setting to off.

Anyone else notice any changes?

Maybe SSD with digital copy? :P just saying though

Not even sure how that could be possible anyway, i mean Kunos have said they found the issues making the screen tear which i assume is optimisation, so how could any sort of console update change whats hard coded in the game?
If it is fixed then better tell Kunos to stop wasting their time and just patch the XBOX one version.

Well I just had my first game crash. Driving the Lotus Evora GTC (pretty nice car) round Mugello, free practice, came round the final corner onto the start/finish straight and the car just suddenly froze on track; could still hear the engine revving but the wheel and everything else had frozen, my T300 then starting spinning round crazily. I finally managed to get the start menu up and return to the pits but nothing was responding. Had to quit & reload.

Now what was the name of that other game I played where this kind of thing was a feature? :lol:

Not even sure how that could be possible anyway, i mean Kunos have said they found the issues making the screen tear which i assume is optimisation, so how could any sort of console update change whats hard coded in the game?
If it is fixed then better tell Kunos to stop wasting their time and just patch the XBOX one version.

Probably the same way GPU driver updates can increase gaming performance. If the PS4 update included optimization for their GPU it could have a small net improvement to all games.

http://lifehacker.com/update-your-graphics-drivers-it-can-make-a-big-differe-1728252587

Probably the same way GPU driver updates can increase gaming performance. If the PS4 update included optimization for their GPU it could have a small net improvement to all games.

http://lifehacker.com/update-your-graphics-drivers-it-can-make-a-big-differe-1728252587

I do remember PCars frame rate improved after the xbox one dash board update. I think what i meant more was Kunos having come out and said they have fixed whatever it was causing the screen tearing, so they found something their end and fixed it, I don't think if something is broken in the game an update of the console could fix that?
If it could you'd better go tell Steffano he only needs to do the xbox one patch...

No different to me. But then I do have to look for screen tear to see it anyway so it doesn't bother me, although it did in GT, perhaps the greater level of concentration required driving in AC is the difference?
Frame rates on the other hand I really notice.

I do remember PCars frame rate improved after the xbox one dash board update. I think what i meant more was Kunos having come out and said they have fixed whatever it was causing the screen tearing, so they found something their end and fixed it, I don't think if something is broken in the game an update of the console could fix that?
If it could you'd better go tell Steffano he only needs to do the xbox one patch...

There's a difference between "fixed" and "improved". It's totally possible that there was on issue on Kunos side that still exists, the PS4 update improved it but didn't necessarily fix it. Also, they were working on the fix before the PS4 update so they might have had no idea this update would help with the problem. As you can see some people have said it's better, some have said it's the same as before, so there's still something on Kunos side that needs improving. Knowing Kunos, they'll always continue making performance improvements.

Is there any particular reason why, from a stand-still, my T150 just starts to vibrate like hell until the race starts? It's ridiculously loud and seems unnecessary. :lol:

It happens roughly 75% of the time at race-starts.

I have the same wheel with the same issue. I thought that lowering vibration to 0 on the controller was a fix but it still does it. I already put in a ticket with 505 and had a brief conversation with them via email. After a few email conversations, they decided it was an issue and are looking into it.

My ticket with 505 was created before the patch fix announcement so hopefully it was addressed.

As of now my fix is to just pause the game as soon as the vibrating starts and it goes away.

The Levante coming as a free update is fantastic but when is the next console patch actually arriving? Black Cat County is scheduled in September but no exact date is provided. A little bit annoying to be honest...
Japanese pack was mentioned but again, no date. When should console users expect to see the Red pack and the first Porsche pack??

There's a difference between "fixed" and "improved". It's totally possible that there was on issue on Kunos side that still exists, the PS4 update improved it but didn't necessarily fix it. Also, they were working on the fix before the PS4 update so they might have had no idea this update would help with the problem. As you can see some people have said it's better, some have said it's the same as before, so there's still something on Kunos side that needs improving. Knowing Kunos, they'll always continue making performance improvements.

OK one person so far thinks they have noticed an improvement. Clearly there IS an issue as Kunos are fixing it for the next patch and Steffano says its all running smooth once patch hits this month.
This is the difference with SMS, Kunos have actually admitted it has screen tearing and frame issues on consoles so there's really no point arguing about it, there is no magic console copies that are running butter smooth, just some people either don't notice it or pretend all is perfect for some odd reason.
Me i notice it when i look for it in hot lap, but in a race of 15 AI i can't help but notice it, looking forward to the patch.

It's actually quite a lot of fun, not sluggish. I thought the same before i tried it but it kind of impressed me.

I haven't driven it yet but I was surprised at how popular it was on the official forums, lots of people were surprised by how much they like it. I need to give it a go soon, could be real fun for racing.

The Levante coming as a free update is fantastic but when is the next console patch actually arriving? Black Cat County is scheduled in September but no exact date is provided. A little bit annoying to be honest...

Probably as soon as Microsoft/Sony approve the patches. Kunos probably can't give an exact date because it's out of their hands.

I'd rather not have SUV's in something calling itself "Your racing simulator", but it is free so can't really complain too much. Certainly this game is desperate to be Forza or GT (well desperate for a share of their market) it's certainly not trying to be PCars that's for sure. I just wish personally Race Room had come to console instead. I prefer the race focus, but it is what it is, it's all personal opinion of what people like and you can't argue with the masses i mean SUV's clearly never did Forza any harm did they?

Back