Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
So the only online "racing" rooms that have people in them are with the GT3 cars.. I am trying to figure out some things I have noticed.

How long do the soft tires last on GT3 cars? I have seen many times people take off and do fast laps but by the 6-7th lap out of 10 they slow way down then they quit or you find them doing doughnuts on the side of the track. I am guessing they are on soft tires and they are burning them up. - I should test them myself as maybe if they will last the 8-10 laps I can improve times over the medium compound.

People are joining empty rooms, but as soon as you join them, they leave. Why race online if you want to be alone?

20 min races are longer than most people want to race in public rooms. - I think 5 laps on a 2min a lap car track combo is about the average attention span for console public rooms.

If the room shows a ping above 200ms there can often be weird issues, most obvious is with yellow flags. What is a reasonable ping to shoot for on AC?

I played during peak hours on the weekend and the holiday.. where the hell is everyone who doesn't drift?
What are the regions?
Do rooms not display if they are currently racing?
I'm looking forward to Black Cat County on the consoles. A road course should be refreshing.

Although, to be honest, I'd prefer a more narrow and twisty mountain road, like the first half of California Highway on Project Cars. I love that one.

Agreed. Would love some green, mountain twists. I've recently been loving Cadwell Park.

That's why there's YUUUUGE yellow/black arrows at the corners! :lol:
Wait a minute... THAT is what those signs mean?! I thought they meant, "Hurry up! Hot chicks are that-a-way!!!" :lol: :D

It looks like a fun little course to me. :)
It is. Over time, I think more people warmed to it. I know I did. When it first came out I was severely disappointed, but over time I just figured out which types of cars worked best for me on BCC and every now and then I go out on BCC and have some fun. Plus, there are actually 3 different layouts.

Agreed. Would love some green, mountain twists. I've recently been loving Cadwell Park.
Is Cadwell Park a PCars track? Or are you talking about the PC mod track? If you mean the PC mod version, then I suggest you stop what you're doing right now and download Lake Louise immediately! Also, I suggest tossing the developer a few bucks (there is no defined minimum amount, everybody can afford it) and getting the 50 KM version of Lake Louise. The 23 KM version is completely free, but those extra 27 KM provide hours and hours of extra excitement because of the way they intersect. You can make your own personal loops in Free Roam Mode, sort of, which I love doing. Or, I believe the author has included something like 10 or 11 set "configurations", for lack of a proper word. Plus the 23 & 50 Km Free Roam Modes... You're getting great bang for your buck.

Console Users:

Is there anyone in this thread who originally hated Assetto Corsa when you first installed it, maybe even swore to never play it again, but now like/love it? I'm not talking about the bugs & lack of leader boards. Of course everybody hates those things...

I'm talking about the philosophy of Kunos' Assetto Corsa. Focused way more on driving/racing while not focusing on Career Mode as much as the typical console sim games. Also, all cars are available on Day 1. No unlocking of cars after winning a race or collecting an amount of money. Did anyone decide to give Assetto Corsa a second chance - overlook the AI bugs/GFX Issues/Leadboards/Private Lobbies and just enjoy what it does give you at the moment? Anyone? Class? Anyone?

@ALB123

I miss an unlocking system and a careermode to go with it. I just happen to like to get some sort of achievement besides driving a car on a track. I don't care for trophies, find it actually pretty retarded but unlocking stuff in game I do for over 20 years so yeah it's kind a hard to change.

AC in all its simplicity I just like. Taking the Alfa out on some Italian tracks is a joy everytime. I haven't even driven all the tracks. The replays have moments that awe me. Content is a bit on the light side in terms of cars and brands but the driving makes almost up for that.

What I miss as well is the great story or outlay from a TOCA or GRID. AC doesn't take you on a journey but it présents itself very dry and I think it is in there where it will fall short for console users.

So far I am happy with it and I look forward to the patches that improve the game.

Wait a minute... THAT is what those signs mean?! I thought they meant, "Hurry up! Hot chicks are that-a-way!!!" :lol: :D

It is. Over time, I think more people warmed to it. I know I did. When it first came out I was severely disappointed, but over time I just figured out which types of cars worked best for me on BCC and every now and then I go out on BCC and have some fun. Plus, there are actually 3 different layouts.

Is Cadwell Park a PCars track? Or are you talking about the PC mod track? If you mean the PC mod version, then I suggest you stop what you're doing right now and download Lake Louise immediately! Also, I suggest tossing the developer a few bucks (there is no defined minimum amount, everybody can afford it) and getting the 50 KM version of Lake Louise. The 23 KM version is completely free, but those extra 27 KM provide hours and hours of extra excitement because of the way they intersect. You can make your own personal loops in Free Roam Mode, sort of, which I love doing. Or, I believe the author has included something like 10 or 11 set "configurations", for lack of a proper word. Plus the 23 & 50 Km Free Roam Modes... You're getting great bang for your buck.

Console Users:

Is there anyone in this thread who originally hated Assetto Corsa when you first installed it, maybe even swore to never play it again, but now like/love it? I'm not talking about the bugs & lack of leader boards. Of course everybody hates those things...

I'm talking about the philosophy of Kunos' Assetto Corsa. Focused way more on driving/racing while not focusing on Career Mode as much as the typical console sim games. Also, all cars are available on Day 1. No unlocking of cars after winning a race or collecting an amount of money. Did anyone decide to give Assetto Corsa a second chance - overlook the AI bugs/GFX Issues/Leadboards/Private Lobbies and just enjoy what it does give you at the moment? Anyone? Class? Anyone?

Cadwell, talking about the PCars track.

@ALB123

I miss an unlocking system and a careermode to go with it. I just happen to like to get some sort of achievement besides driving a car on a track. I don't care for trophies, find it actually pretty retarded but unlocking stuff in game I do for over 20 years so yeah it's kind a hard to change.

AC in all its simplicity I just like. Taking the Alfa out on some Italian tracks is a joy everytime. I haven't even driven all the tracks. The replays have moments that awe me. Content is a bit on the light side in terms of cars and brands but the driving makes almost up for that.

What I miss as well is the great story or outlay from a TOCA or GRID. AC doesn't take you on a journey but it présents itself very dry and I think it is in there where it will fall short for console users.

So far I am happy with it and I look forward to the patches that improve the game.

It might be cool if they hid some of the tuned versions, the Step versions, and liveries behind unlocks. At least give some satisfaction.

Console Users:

Console user present, Mr. ALB123.

I can't say I hated AC when I first installed it. Disappointed, yes. I have no problem with Kunos' philosophy. However, the game does not reflect that philosophy IMO. Reasoning? Well, they included a poorly done career mode. A poorly done career mode is not representation of a focus on driving/racing. They should have offered something else instead of career mode. *cough*Leaderboard!*cough* Focus on racing?... Where's telemetry? Qualifying?

I'm looking forward to see what the incoming patch brings. Right now, AC is very enjoyable driving experience on gamepad. It is nothing more than a companion app to pCARS and F1 2016 for me. (If pCARS 1 had Ferraris and Lambos, I likely would not have looked at AC.) The Real Driving Simulator? Yes. Your Racing Simulator? No.

Mirror the above, although the AI can be decent there's nothing that suggests AC can be considered the best racer on PS4. Driving experience is immense though.

Mirror the above, although the AI can be decent there's nothing that suggests AC can be considered the best racer on PS4. Driving experience is immense though.

While the AI has to be tweaked to the level of the PC version, and the same for the tyres version, yes, it's al about pure driving!
It's a real joy and fun to take a car and go on one of the tracks just to drive, improve and search the limits of both of them.

@ALB123 it's sure that once installed the game, the first impression isn't great, not a lot of content, not a lot of options.. But once on track playing with a wheel you begin to love this game.

I was one of those that knew what assetto offers,but i have also to say that some points in consoles version disappoints a bit (no configuration of track surface and grip,no AI diferent car selection, no private lobby's, simple HUD,no wheel and pedal calibration, no custom button setup possible, no black cat county, no trento hillclimb, no drag mode with drag strips) but knowing how kunos improves his "game" I'm sure it will slowly getting better and on level with the PC version.

:cheers:

I was one of those that knew what assetto offers,but i have also to say that some points in consoles version disappoints a bit (no configuration of track surface and grip,no AI diferent car selection, no private lobby's, simple HUD,no wheel and pedal calibration, no custom button setup possible, no black cat county, no trento hillclimb, no drag mode with drag strips) but knowing how kunos improves his "game" I'm sure it will slowly getting better and on level with the PC version.

:cheers:

I'm quite shocked those things aren't included. They always said the console version would be just like the PC version and those are all such basic features that I never would have dreamt they'd be excluded. If those things were included at launch I think AC would have got a bit warmer reception (though there was always bound to be some disappointment).

I'm quite shocked those things aren't included. They always said the console version would be just like the PC version and those are all such basic features that I never would have dreamt they'd be excluded. If those things were included at launch I think AC would have got a bit warmer reception (though there was always bound to be some disappointment).

Yup, i realy don't understand why some features aren't in the console versions, i understand that it's difficult to put the physics engine in a console while their CPU are a real bottle neck of the general console performance..

Maybe they would avoid other delay more?
And i remember a screenshot of the pre release event in Vallelunga that got in the console menu the drag mode with the strips..what happened.. I dont now..

But there are some incomprensible things, like the very limited HUD or that there isn't a screen to calibrate wheel and pedals or put the personal button configuration.

Even the online.. Putting a game on the market without an private lobby option isn't really a smart move

Will Stefano or kunos staff one day explain what happened the Last months of development? I would be pleased to hear it.

I am using a G29 wheel on the PS4. I have a large FFB dead zone at the center of wheel. Does anyone else have or had this problem? Anyone care to share their settings?

I am using a G29 wheel on the PS4. I have a large FFB dead zone at the center of wheel. Does anyone else have or had this problem? Anyone care to share their settings?

Is there a Minimum Force setting on PS4? If so you can try turning it up to minimize the deadzone.

Is there a Minimum Force setting on PS4? If so you can try turning it up to minimize the deadzone.

Nope this is all we get (it works great for T300 though)
FFB strength %
Curb FFB %
Road FFB %
Slip %
Understeer on/off

Nothing to reduce deadzone.. and (I am guessing) if a G29 users turns up the FFB to reduce the deadzone they will be clipping pretty soon and also get the speed wobbles easily.

Nothing to reduce deadzone.. and (I am guessing) if a G29 users turns up the FFB to reduce the deadzone they will be clipping pretty soon and also get the speed wobbles easily.
That's just nasty. The G29, like the G27 has a massive deadzone of 16%. So turning up FFB by 16% will solve it, but indeed you'll probably get clipping. Might be a setting halfway that eliminates part of the deadzone without adding too much clipping though, but one would have to test for themselves whether this works for them.

That's just nasty. The G29, like the G27 has a massive deadzone of 16%. So turning up FFB by 16% will solve it, but indeed you'll probably get clipping. Might be a setting halfway that eliminates part of the deadzone without adding too much clipping though, but one would have to test for themselves whether this works for them.
It's a mechanical dead zone though isn't it? Gear drive related? Raising the ffb level in that case would only serve to exacerbate the issue by further polarising the strengths of active and inactive degrees of rotation.
You need to calibrate pedals (all 3 of them) at the start of each game, whether it's PC or console. Every time you turn off the console/PC and your wheel does that spinning thing you have to re-press every pedal again. It has always been like that for all wheels, all games, on all platforms. I'm amazed some people still don't notice this. Probably because in other games ABS works too well and you don't notice a difference pressing the brakes 100% all the time.
Not true. I do a one-time calibration via DIView for pedals. When I fire up a game the pedals do exactly what they're told, straight away, with no difference between the first press and subsequent presses.

It's a mechanical dead zone though isn't it? Gear drive related? Raising the ffb level in that case would only serve to exacerbate the issue by further polarising the strengths of active and inactive degrees of rotation.
Could very well be, guess it depends on how much you need to turn it up to start feeling the subtler effects. I said 116%, but I don't think that's right now that I think of it, could easily be much higher, in which case you'll run into clipping hell.

Career starts slow, but gets better. Practice, qualify, full championships for points.

I find that odd, you see there's no bonus in doing career to unlock cars to use for example, or money to earn to buy cars etc, which is fine no problem with that at all. But essentially then making the unlocking part one of the most hotly requested things in driving games, championships, is very strange to me.
I mean many are fed up with the career and are hot lapping, but then hidden at the end of career is championships and no way that i can see of doing them out of career...
Thats just a waste and a real shame.....
It's another odd design decision IMO.

I find that odd, you see there's no bonus in doing career to unlock cars to use for example, or money to earn to buy cars etc, which is fine no problem with that at all. But essentially then making the unlocking part one of the most hotly requested things in driving games, championships, is very strange to me.
I mean many are fed up with the career and are hot lapping, but then hidden at the end of career is championships and no way that i can see of doing them out of career...
Thats just a waste and a real shame.....
It's another odd design decision IMO.

But aren't career modes usually designed so that you start off simple with slower cars and basic races and work your way towards the more involved stuff with more demanding cars and races?

Is there any particular reason why, from a stand-still, my T150 just starts to vibrate like hell until the race starts? It's ridiculously loud and seems unnecessary. :lol:

It happens roughly 75% of the time at race-starts.

Is there any particular reason why, from a stand-still, my T150 just starts to vibrate like hell until the race starts? It's ridiculously loud and seems unnecessary. :lol:

I have exactly the same thing @Brend .....When online i'm worried the people i race with think i've got a vibrator with me or something!!:lol::lol::lol:

I have exactly the same thing @Brend .....When online i'm worried the people i race with think i've got a vibrator with me or something!!:lol::lol::lol:
I thought it was something to do with the way I was holding my wheel but nope. :lol:

I'm the exact same, I currently live with my parents and every so often they just hear a 'BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ', not exactly ideal... :lol: :lol:

To strong FFB??

Try this settings (left wheel,right controller)

bS48eh0.jpg

To strong FFB??

Try this settings (left wheel,right controller)

bS48eh0.jpg
Thanks! I'll give it a go. That being said - it still doesn't explain why it even happens. It doesn't happen all the time, there seems no rhyme or reason to it. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll give it a go. That being said - it still doesn't explain why it even happens. It doesn't happen all the time, there seems rhyme or reason to it. :confused:

Engine vibration :confused: :lol:

Before lowering the FFB it happened me lot more, now it's lot less.
So that's why i tinc it's more FFB strength linked..

Thanks! I'll give it a go. That being said - it still doesn't explain why it even happens. It doesn't happen all the time, there seems no rhyme or reason to it. :confused:
I have no idea why it is happening to you, however, I know that there are certain cars that a lot of people claim they need to turn FFB down. There are some cars where people say they need to increase the FFB percentage and most, I think, leave it at 100% or very, very close. This is the PC version I'm talking about.

You said it doesn't happen every time. Have you noticed that it only happens with a few specific cars? Or a few specific tracks? Or, lastly, only with specific cars on only a few specific tracks? Or are you saying you could load the exact same race with the same cars, settings, etc. over and over...and sometimes it will crazy on you and sometimes it won't?

I have no idea why it is happening to you, however, I know that there are certain cars that a lot of people claim they need to turn FFB down. There are some cars where people say they need to increase the FFB percentage and most, I think, leave it at 100% or very, very close. This is the PC version I'm talking about.

You said it doesn't happen every time. Have you noticed that it only happens with a few specific cars? Or a few specific tracks? Or, lastly, only with specific cars on only a few specific tracks? Or are you saying you could load the exact same race with the same cars, settings, etc. over and over...and sometimes it will crazy on you and sometimes it won't?
The very latter. I can't see any correlation between why it happens sometimes and then others it doesn't. :confused:

Back