Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
I just wanted to be sure I hadn't overlooked some confirmation. Prestige DLC release date is still TBA and I assumed we would see that before anything else. Maybe, maybe not.
The prestige pack was a preorder incentive for console release. I don't think Kunos would make it available as DLC so soon after console launch. I think Japanese Pack/Red Pack/Black County will come first.

The prestige pack was a preorder incentive for console release. I don't think Kunos would make it available as DLC so soon after console launch. I think Japanese Pack/Red Pack/Black County will come first.

Why not? It was a very limited pre-order deal in terms of availability.

Why not? It was a very limited pre-order deal in terms of availability.
Only Kunos can explain why. My opinion is based on statements made by Kunos regarding DLC. Japanese, Red and Porsche packs were already planned. Japanese and Red are already available on PC platform, and I think Kunos want to get consoles caught up to PC. A Prestige pack DLC would be a new addition to their plans.

Only Kunos can explain why. My opinion is based on statements made by Kunos regarding DLC. Japanese, Red and Porsche packs were already planned. Japanese and Red are already available on PC platform, and I think Kunos want to get consoles caught up to PC. A Prestige pack DLC would be a new addition to their plans.

Two weeks have passed since Kunos announced that the Prestige Pack is coming for all players to buy. The fact that it's already supported by the current console build should mean their workload wouldn't be affected by its release. Marco hyping the Japanese Pack obviously puts me in doubt over which DLC we'll see first, but I don't see any rock solid indication that it arrives before the Prestige Pack.

Hopefully they will release a complete edition like Project CARS did at some point in the future. The DLC content sounds really good but not worth paying for if there are no tracks to race on.

Thats what i have been saying for about a year now..people are like bring on Honda XYZ, bring on Nissan ABC CAR, ETC..however there are barely 12 legit tracks in the game, they need to at least double the tracks..IMO..and not the same tracks in every game..i am leaning on getting F1 2016 just for the 15 tracks that are there that arent on pcars, AC, GT, Fiorza,etc

Thats what i have been saying for about a year now..people are like bring on Honda XYZ, bring on Nissan ABC CAR, ETC..however there are barely 12 legit tracks in the game, they need to at least double the tracks..IMO..and not the same tracks in every game..i am leaning on getting F1 2016 just for the 15 tracks that are there that arent on pcars, AC, GT, Fiorza,etc
I'm sure Kunos would love to add 10 new tracks to AC, but when you insist on laser scanning your tracks and you're a small studio there is only so much you can do with your limited resources.

Wiz
Not yet but Stefano said he is working on it.
He did? The only thing about timed races I can recall him saying is that it isn't practical as the AI has to be able to calibrate fuel use over time rather than laps. It was pointed out to him that a long enough practice session would allow that calibration but I've not heard anything about it since.

Well I'm glad this game is so well received by the sim community as its the game that for me best represents what driving an uber engineered car with mad aero and enough TC and AB clout to drive itself. The GT3 cars with factory settings are just crazy planted.
You can see why some games make them a bit more like driving on ice to spice it up a bit. But i'm glad Kunos didn't do that. Its by far the easiest driving game I've ever played and that's because its so intuitive and actually feels like driving. I mean it's not like humans didn't invent driving is it, whatever your religious beliefs cars weren't already here and we didn't have to learn to adapt to them, we designed them to be driven by humans.

The skill is being able to push to the limits and beyond, not just driving a car, for this AC nails it and to a lesser degree PCars as PCars have a bit of spice to make them more tricky.
It's also extremely dull driving a footballers car around a track with full factory settings as i'd expect.

Its by far the easiest driving game I've ever played and that's because its so intuitive and actually feels like driving
I agree with that. I can do so much better laps at Nordschleife in AC than I can in Forza that always has the oversteer problem which just makes the cars and handling not feel all that realistic. I think also when we compared GT to Forza sound on this forum that people always said Forza takes the crown but honestly after listening to AC it's hard to believe people called Forza Sounds good

He did? The only thing about timed races I can recall him saying is that it isn't practical as the AI has to be able to calibrate fuel use over time rather than laps. It was pointed out to him that a long enough practice session would allow that calibration but I've not heard anything about it since.

I could have sworn he did. Although that info you mentioned about the AI rings a bell now that you mention it.... perhaps he was talking about online only. I'll see if I can find where he said it, though it could have been in one of his streams in which case I don't know that I'll be able to find it.

Wiz
I could have sworn he did. Although that info you mentioned about the AI rings a bell now that you mention it.... perhaps he was talking about online only. I'll see if I can find where he said it, though it could have been in one of his streams in which case I don't know that I'll be able to find it.

I thought I recalled him mentioning something about it in his most recent stream, but I forget the specifics and it's quite possible I imagined it. But I too thought there was progress being made on it.

Still, it is only 3 tracks more with what is essentially just one car in F1, I personally find most F1 tracks boring. Having said that if any non race series games come out without the ring, spa etc then buyers will complain why isn't this track in game. I think the best thing for Kunos to do is try to release 4 or 5 fantasy city or mountain pass tracks so they can skip the lasers scanning process and knock a few tracks out quicker. I like to get away from circuit racing when I just want to chill and drive, hence why I drive on the ring so much, every car I have driven so far is awesome on that track. We have Black cat coming, red bull, another as yet unknown track, and Marco said he'd consider another fantasy track maybe in tuscany.

Still, it is only 3 tracks more with what is essentially just one car in F1, I personally find most F1 tracks boring. Having said that if any non race series games come out without the ring, spa etc then buyers will complain why isn't this track in game. I think the best thing for Kunos to do is try to release 4 or 5 fantasy city or mountain pass tracks so they can skip the lasers scanning process and knock a few tracks out quicker. I like to get away from circuit racing when I just want to chill and drive, hence why I drive on the ring so much, every car I have driven so far is awesome on that track. We have Black cat coming, red bull, another as yet unknown track, and Marco said he'd consider another fantasy track maybe in tuscany.
Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather they stick to the method that got them here, focusing mainly on laser scanning real tracks rather than tying up most or all of their modeling resources on fantasy or non-laser scanned tracks. A mountain pass or two over the next year would be nice even if it's not laser scanned but to start down the path of fictional tracks would be a mistake on their part IMO.

Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather they stick to the method that got them here, focusing mainly on laser scanning real tracks rather than tying up most or all of their modeling resources on fantasy or non-laser scanned tracks. A mountain pass or two over the next year would be nice even if it's not laser scanned but to start down the path of fictional tracks would be a mistake on their part IMO.
I agree as far as circuit tracks go, but I see no problem 2 fantasy city tracks and 2 mountain passes. Luca Soldano has modeled his local track btw with the intention to get it in AC, as a mod of course.

Even those are fun once you switch TC off :P

Indeed, anyone who has ever watched Top Gear will know the fun starts once the TC is off, not always the best way round the track, but fun.
It's good and like that AC really makes you understand how different a road Audi R8 is to its race version, the road R8 on a track in comparison feels like a whale.

I don't like to see fantasy tracks because I prefer having as many real circuits as possible. That's simply where the immersion lies for me. It's not my cup of tea how they spent resources on Black Cat County, but I think Marco said it was Porsche's idea around the time they negotiated licenses for the 24 cars. If that helped getting Porsche onboard, fine, but I want them to focus on scanning real circuits.

It's not my cup of tea how they spent resources on Black Cat County, but I think Marco said it was Porsche's idea around the time they negotiated licenses for the 24 cars. If that helped getting Porsche onboard, fine, but I want them to focus on scanning real circuits.

I believe multiple manufacturers wanted them to provide it so they'd have a more realistic and less intimidating location for people to drive their virtual cars when they setup an AC display at events. Porsche was probably one of them, but I believe they would also like another location like BCC to be added. If making a fictional track to please manufacturers gets more manufactures in the game I consider it time/resources well spent.

Last edited:
I believe multiple manufacturers wanted them to provide it so they'd have a more realistic and less intimidating location for people to driver their virtual cars when they setup an AC display at events.
Ahhh...I never thought about that. Very astute, Brandon. Am I incorrect or is it pretty much impossible to invalidate your lap at BCC while in Hotlap Mode and you have Penalties turned on? I've had some pretty horrendous crashes, but they've never resulted in my timer turning red and the Invalid... message popping up on my TV screen. I wonder... Since you can't really drive off the road, there is either guardrail or mountain/rock walls right at the edge of the tarred road, you don't trigger an "out of bounds" type of penalty. That had to be intentional. In fact, that's one of the things that I dislike about BCC. It would be nice if there were some earth between the road and the guardrail/mountain edge, kind of like what Lake Louise does at hairpin turns and other tricky areas where you might end up going off course.

Ahhh...I never thought about that. Very astute, Brandon. Am I incorrect or is it pretty much impossible to invalidate your lap at BCC while in Hotlap Mode and you have Penalties turned on? I've had some pretty horrendous crashes, but they've never resulted in my timer turning red and the Invalid... message popping up on my TV screen. I wonder... Since you can't really drive off the road, there is either guardrail or mountain/rock walls right at the edge of the tarred road, you don't trigger an "out of bounds" type of penalty. That had to be intentional. In fact, that's one of the things that I dislike about BCC. It would be nice if there were some earth between the road and the guardrail/mountain edge, kind of like what Lake Louise does at hairpin turns and other tricky areas where you might end up going off course.

Don't know, I haven't driven there much and I usually have penalties off when hot lapping. Your theory would make sense though since it's literally designed to be set up at events for people who have probably never turned a single lap in a sim or driving game with a wheel before. Manufacturers said that jumping onto a racing circuit could be a bit intimidating to new people which is why they wanted this location, minimizing penalties would also help limit the intimidation factor.

That's kind of funny though because there are a couple of extremely gnarly corners near the end of the lap. They're pretty much hairpins and the first one is kind of a blind drop into it. I can't even remember how many times I crashed into the guardrail when I was first learning the layout. Frankly, I would think something like Silverstone would be a lot "easier" for total n00bs just because it's flat and wide open. But, what do I know? I'm terrible everywhere! :mad:

That's kind of funny though because there are a couple of extremely gnarly corners near the end of the lap. They're pretty much hairpins and the first one is kind of a blind drop into it.

That's why there's YUUUUGE yellow/black arrows at the corners! :lol:

I'm looking forward to Black Cat County on the consoles. A road course should be refreshing.

Although, to be honest, I'd prefer a more narrow and twisty mountain road, like the first half of California Highway on Project Cars. I love that one.

I made a few pitstops over the weekend while racing online to see how it worked. It seems very simple and just works. Has a nice little tire change animation as well. I like how easy yet not over done the whole pit process is. Didn't dig to see all what you could actually do settings wise, I just swapped tires and did repairs. I did not like how it worked in pCARS, it was frustrating.

Back