Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
If they can iron out any potential frame rate and texture issues, keep a hold of all their licences, don't gimp the physics for pad users, and for Xbox One owners, get it running at 1080p, then we might just see a new contender on the console sim scene.

The more the better - always wanted to try this 👍 I spent the money to get a full sim set have my T300 with TH8a and WSP arriving tomorrow and T3PA-pros arriving later this month. Was thinking I might be building a PC next year with part of my tax return.. but if there are enough good racing games on PS4 (looks like there will be) and I still don't have the room for triple screens.. seems like there will not be a need.

448.jpg

This is a good thing in my books, what with the weather in Pcars and the awesome physics of Assetto; this could really make T10 and PD look more closely at their own games. Well there is hop anyway, lol.

Fantastic news, the more sims on console the merrier. I remember seeing a pic of Kunos Studios with a PS4 (I think) dev kit in the background so I hoped that this might happen. Not surprised it has after the popularity of PCars on consoles.

I'm as happy about this news as most of you are, however I would like to remind everyone in here that this is not a AC vs GT thread and as such can we keep the comment to the topic at hand.

Thanks

Instead of two console sim IPs, we're now going to have four. We're really getting spoiled this gen.

That's great news!
However the track list is kind of small atm, I doubt the console versions will support mods, I wonder if Kunos could include tracks made by the community in the console versions.

FS7
That's great news!
However the track list is kind of small atm, I doubt the console versions will support mods, I wonder if Kunos could include tracks made by the community in the console versions.

Hope not. I want this to have pure laser scanned tracks. (Old school tracks excepted)

Anyway. Track list.

1. Imola
2. Magione
3. Monza
4. Monza 1966
5. Mugello
6. Nurburgring GP
7. Nurburgring Sprint
8. Silverstone GP
9. Silverstone National
10. Silverstone International
11. Spa Francorchamps
12. Vallelunga
13. Vallelunga Club.

Dream Pack 1 DLC

14. Nordscheife (Race and Tourist versions)
15. Nordscheife 24 Hours layout.

Soon to be added free.

16. Zandvoort (1 or 2 variations unknown)

Next DLC pack

17. Barcelona (variations unknown)

After that there's Brands Hatch and a 60's version of Silverstone to come. When is anybody's guess.

Edit 5th June 2015. Forgot to add Monza 1962 with the banking. When is unknown.

Last edited:
Yeah, really hope they don't dumb it down for console!!!
I don't think that will be necessary, although that doesn't mean they won't do it of course:sly: It takes some getting used to if you are coming straight from console games to AC like I did, but the "getting used to" part is more of de-programming bad habits learned from inaccurate physics. Things like braking hard with ABS on, deep into corners while the car remains almost perfectly balanced. Fairly easy in some games, you can drive most of the time just burying the brake pedal at will, extremely tricky in AC because brakes-on pitches weight onto the front tires, and so long as you don't exceed the grip threshold and transition into understeer, you will have immediate oversteer from the added front grip. In AC you just adapt by using real world driving techniques like doing most of your braking in a straight line and conservatively using the brakes to balance the car on entry and mid-corner just like you would in real life. When you get the hang of it, you find you have so much control over the car and you rarely get surprised by anything because the FFB really gives you so much information about what is happening with the car. It has the best "connected to the road" feeling I've ever experienced in any game, ever.

Tried AC round a friends, really didn't like the graphics or physics at all. No sense of speed either. Maybe I'll give it another go on PS4, who knows.

VBR
Tried AC round a friends, really didn't like the graphics or physics at all. No sense of speed either. Maybe I'll give it another go on PS4, who knows.
I don't get the "sense of speed" comments in any sim. Sense of speed mostly comes from FOV does it not? It's fully adjustable. It also has fully adjustable motion blur, at least in the current version. Also fully adjustable g-force affected head movements and camera shake in cockpit. Also in the current version, FOV is adjustable on the fly with a pop up menu while driving. What is missing from this list that helps with sense of speed:confused:

Did..Hell..actually..freeze over?
:sly:
hell_froze_sign.jpg

AC just seemed really slow & dull to me (was in a GTR on The Nord at the time). I don't think sense of speed can be as easily quantified as being just FOV & motion blur etc. For example, DC has a great sense of speed (even in dash view), but I can't say exactly why that is. GT not such a great sense of speed, unless in Normal View.

All of the adjustable settings that @Johnnypenso mentioned do make a huge difference though. Even changing the FOV alone back in GT5 made an enormous difference in my opinion.

You really can set everything to mimic real life very accurately and you can easily change things to be very gamey too.

I would hope for the console players that all of the settings that can be tweaked on PC transition over to the console versions, more driving games really need to make adjustable seat, camera and effect options a standard.

VBR
AC just seemed really slow & dull to me (was in a GTR on The Nord at the time). I don't think sense of speed can be as easily quantified as being just FOV & motion blur etc. For example, DC has a great sense of speed (even in dash view), but I can't say exactly why that is. GT not such a great sense of speed, unless in Normal View.
But it is just FOV, motion blur and the other things, although AC's lack of crowds and other race atmosphere details might have something to do with it. DC just happened to make that a priority in their game so the default settings are the best mix for sense of speed. In a sim it's left up to you to put things together the way you want them either towards a more realistic feel or something more gamelike as Lewis suggests.

Back