Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
I don't wanna get anyone all worked up, but I really, really hope that Kunos doesn't F this up somehow with the private lobbies. Like, you can create your own lobby @Orayani, but you have to first pick it from a pool of possible track options - so you're stuck on that track for the duration of keeping that lobby open & alive...Or, you have to pick a racing class like GT3 and you have to choose from a certain list of cars. I know that all sounds like something an insane person would program....but.....ya know?? :dunce: :lol: God...please just let it work without problems and be something people like.

It is annoying that there are cars i cannot race online with my friends.
This.

In fact - and now that I've tried online a bit - I wonder why people are asking for "Private Lobbies" in the first place when, in my opinion, they should be asking for the famous "Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes", which has been advertised since the beginning but never implemented.

There are many empty lobbies available that people can simply use for "private" races. The true problem is that none of it is customizable, in my opinion.

But hey, let's see what Kunos will be delivering and hope that it can satisfy most players.

This.

In fact - and now that I've tried online a bit - I wonder why people are asking for "Private Lobbies" in the first place when, in my opinion, they should be asking for the famous "Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes", which has been advertised since the beginning but never implemented.

There are many empty lobbies available that people can simply use for "private" races. The true problem is that none of it is customizable, in my opinion.

But hey, let's see what Kunos will be delivering and hope that it can satisfy most players.
That's kind of what I was trying to get at. I really hope it's something similar to Gran Turismo at least. That was decent, wasn't it?

GT6 has done it very right. Racing with SNAIL league was a blast back in the days.

After this "private lobby", we need to compile a list of GTPlanet lobby for clean racers on here. Yes?? I currently have no friends playing AC on PS4. I would like to add you guys if you don't mind me being slow turtle lol :)

We got an update from the official forum admin...

View attachment 634454
So 3-4 weeks I presume...

And then we'll see what they'll bring out, since we had no details it can be anything from you take a premade server room and password it, to full custom lobbies.

Everything always seems so needlessly shady and secretive. Like when you know you screwed up something but keep silent about it's details until last minute.

Hope I'm super wrong since I placed all my faith in this game and stopped racing and organizing online waiting to make new series with it.

Hello!!

More Hamster madness, this time without the H shifter! :sly: And yes Fernando, faster than you, in a decent McLaren! :D

You do know that you'll be receiving this year's first quarter tire bill at the end of March, right? Boy, oh boy...You are going to owe a lot of money, mister! :D Beautiful control of that car. I don't know why, but I have always found that to be an extraordinarily difficult car to drive. I liked the ballerina spin at the end. ;)

I want to cry every time I see shots of cars coming down the start/finish straight, viewed from the position of Turn 1. I can not believe they never fixed those starting blocks. It's embarrassing the way that they are right now. :mad:

You do know that you'll be receiving this year's first quarter tire bill at the end of March, right? Boy, oh boy...You are going to owe a lot of money, mister! :D Beautiful control of that car. I don't know why, but I have always found that to be an extraordinarily difficult car to drive. I liked the ballerina spin at the end. ;)

I want to cry every time I see shots of cars coming down the start/finish straight, viewed from the position of Turn 1. I can not believe they never fixed those starting blocks. It's embarrassing the way that they are right now. :mad:

Thanks mate, the Aventador is pretty good fun as well lol!!

This car felt bad when it appeared in January with the Red Pack, now it feels great! I take it that it was fixed in the last console update right? Now the brakes actually work! :D :lol: :sly:

Last edited:
Thanks mate, the Aventador is pretty good fun as well lol!!

This car felt bad when it appeared in January with the Red Pack, now it feels great! I take it that it was fixed in the last console update right? Now the brakes actually work! :D :lol: :sly:

I will try the Aventador SV again later in that case. Braking at the Start - Finish line at Monza in preparation for T1 got pretty tiresome!
:sly:

Last edited:
@HammyMansell hope they bring the fix to the Spyder 918 because its brakes suck! They already fixed it on the PC!
Personally, I still find the 918 to be the trickiest to drive (of the Big Three). And I don't think it should be with it's AWD system. Then again, I'm not a great driver so maybe I just don't know how to drive her fast. Come to think of it, I struggle with the Aventador SV too. :lol: The Aventador is a lil chubster to begin with...then you add in the weight of the driver and the weight of the fuel and you're throwing around quite a bit of mass. The Porsche 918 Spyder is a fatso too.

They take things so calmly and slow like they have no idea of the console community problems and needs...

At times I damn myself for getting the game and having stopped online racing waiting for a "soon" to come feature.

Like when you know you screwed up something but keep silent about it's details until last minute.

Or like when you know the forums and social media will crucify you if you're one minute late on the release or if one of the planned features didn't quite make it in time. Most developers seem to have taken this stance now thanks to us internet dwellers.

They take things so calmly and slow like they have no idea of the console community problems and needs...

At times I damn myself for getting the game and having stopped online racing waiting for a "soon" to come feature.

Personally I'll stick to the PC for hardcore racing and fps shooters. Console for casual quick racing and RPGs. Can't stick your eggs in one basket or you'll be severely cheesed off. Granted not everyone can afford it but what poison do you pick? Its the way it is sadly.

You can jump up and down, take a mad turn and stick your foot through the wall. It still will not change nothing.

I could swear we have a dedicated thread for videos...

Any update on the Porsche that was ear-marked for January? At this point the time since it was supposed to arrive to now is almost longer than the original announcement of PPV3's lineup to the delay. I know the focus on the official channels is giving vague hints at the arrival of custom lobbies, and the eventual parity with PC in terms of the Audi and the new track ( :tup ), but it's odd that the radio waves are silent regarding the RSR. Three months is a long time.

Any update on the Porsche that was ear-marked for January? At this point the time since it was supposed to arrive to now is almost longer than the original announcement of PPV3's lineup to the delay. I know the focus on the official channels is giving vague hints at the arrival of custom lobbies, and the eventual parity with PC in terms of the Audi and the new track ( :tup ), but it's odd that the radio waves are silent regarding the RSR. Three months is a long time.

It's been so long I've all but forgotten about it.

Don't know but Porsche were at Valalunga a couple weeks ago so maybe Aris got to drive it so he can make sense of the data to finalise it. I am gonna predict an April release based on nothing.

The non-responding brakes bug they introduced in the last patch is SO annoying. Found yet another car affected; the 312T. That's 5 so far. Haven't played the game for weeks now and things like this irritate me somewhat and now I have to re-input all my settings. The driving was fun until I had to brake at least :rolleyes:

The non-responding brakes bug they introduced in the last patch is SO annoying. Found yet another car affected; the 312T. That's 5 so far. Haven't played the game for weeks now and things like this irritate me somewhat and now I have to re-input all my settings. The driving was fun until I had to brake at least :rolleyes:
5 cars? I assumed it was all cars with prior saved tunes?

5 cars? I assumed it was all cars with prior saved tunes?
I'm sure when I first played it after the update it wasn't every car I'd tuned, although every car I tried within the last hour was affected so perhaps it is all of them. Joy! CBA to re-enter my tunes for the time being so back to pCARS once again it is (to potentially suffer different bugs, but at least none have crippled my many tunes).

So its another month without them. I barely play it now.
I can only imagine peoples' patience is growing thin. Last night, a friend and I played in an almost empty Nurb GP GT3 server. There was this one other guy in there. My buddy is facing a.. steep learning curve, we'll say, with AC. I want to isolate him from serious folk. But there was this other guy, so things got messy.

There was a knock-down drag-out street fight at the start/finish line on lap 8. AC was not designed for destruction derby simulation, but it works rather amusingly as one. My buddy and I were howling, I was in tears. But the other guy.. for all I know it was the last straw for him and he's given up on AC :lol:

I can only imagine peoples' patience is growing thin. Last night, a friend and I played in an almost empty Nurb GP GT3 server. There was this one other guy in there. My buddy is facing a.. steep learning curve, we'll say, with AC. I want to isolate him from serious folk. But there was this other guy, so things got messy.

There was a knock-down drag-out street fight at the start/finish line on lap 8. AC was not designed for destruction derby simulation, but it works rather amusingly as one. My buddy and I were howling, I was in tears. But the other guy.. for all I know it was the last straw for him and he's given up on AC :lol:
It's honestly sad.

Answered. I'm guessing "first available update for Console" means not the one that's already in the works but the next one after that, but that's just a guess.

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 2.26.38 PM.png

Translated is, later than late :D

Depends on your outlook I guess. I'd rather them take their time and make sure they got this all-new car as right as possible rather than just throwing something in there just for the sake of having it. Personally I have basically zero hype for this car, I doubt it will be on par with the GT2/GTE cars already in the game since there's such a gap in age so it's possible it will end up as yet another one-make racer with no friends to play with. I hope I'm wrong, but even if I am two of those cars are old models that would not race against it in the real world, so meh. Just my opinion, of course, but I anticipate this car will spend a lot of time collecting dust in my garage.

Depends on your outlook I guess. I'd rather them take their time and make sure they got this all-new car as right as possible rather than just throwing something in there just for the sake of having it. Personally I have basically zero hype for this car, I doubt it will be on par with the GT2/GTE cars already in the game since there's such a gap in age so it's possible it will end up as yet another one-make racer with no friends to play with. I hope I'm wrong, but even if I am two of those cars are old models that would not race against it in the real world, so meh. Just my opinion, of course, but I anticipate this car will spend a lot of time collecting dust in my garage.
Same. I'm sure I'll do some One-Make races with it and that's cool and all, but it's nothing I'm dying to drive. In fact, the only thing that I'm interested in is feeling how this car drives with the mid-engine compared to the GT3 R and GT3 Cup. To be honest, I wish I could trade in the GT3 R and GT3 RSR for two other Porsche's. The 2017 Cup car is my favorite of those three similar rides, by far. Now that I think about it, I really haven't spent much time behind the wheel of the BMW M3 GT2 or the Ferrari 458 GT2. Strange, considering that latter is about all anyone drove online a year ago or so. Ferrari 458 GT2 at Spa...How original. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back