Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Has anyone encountered this message before?

ImQbPGQ.jpg

A week ago (Tuesday), this message started popping up when I entered some of the rooms. I thought it was just the servers acting up that day.

But two days ago, it happened again... Basically, when I tried to enter the Abarth 500 AC races at Imola, the system would kick me out and show me this message. The first time I was able to leave the pits and made it to the track, and only then was I kicked out; after that, the ban would be instantaneous as soon as I entered the room.

I'm not sure if last week's "ban" was also at this particular room, but I'm starting to think that it was and that this is personal.

Any thoughts?

ImQbPGQ.jpg

A week ago (Tuesday), this message started popping up when I entered some of the rooms. I thought it was just the servers acting up that day.

But two days ago, it happened again... Basically, when I tried to enter the Abarth 500 AC races at Imola, the system would kick me out and show me this message. The first time I was able to leave the pits and made it to the track, and only then was I kicked out; after that, the ban would be instantaneous as soon as I entered the room.

I'm not sure if last week's "ban" was also at this particular room, but I'm starting to think that it was and that this is personal.

Any thoughts?
The people in the lobby were most likely friends and voted to kick you...

ImQbPGQ.jpg

Any thoughts?
Not happened to me but happened to 2 of my friends friday night whilst i was in the chat lobby waiting for an invite. The room they entered was empty, they tried another empty room and got the same message. It was fine after that.

I did experience this though 3 nights running in the same lobby: Mugello Tatuus. My game froze, but not the usual kinda game freeze. My wheels were spinning, my car and controls were froze. If i changed view it would take about 20 -30 seconds to change view. I could call up option menu but only quit would respond. 3 nights in a row this happened and only with that combo.

So there is this. My Guess is we get it on the 11th, the second Tuesday

I set the over/under on the first "WTF? Is Kunos ever going to communicate anything with us?!" related post at March 29th. :sly:

ImQbPGQ.jpg

{ SNIP }

Any thoughts?
I'll bet it's more likely a result of the lack of private lobbies. Those people are probably a group of friends, a racing league, a satanic cult, something that they don't want you interfering with. Setting the ban is better for them because it's one less person that they'll have to manually kick from the room. While it might seem rude to be on the receiving end, image having to write this 50 times a session? "Sorry mate...this is a private room for our weekly league 'Sim Racers for Satan', but Kunos never gave us the option of setting it private, so would you mind and please kindly exit on your own?"

It sucks...but it's gotta be the crappy lobby options more than a dislike of you. I like you - and that's all that matters in life, ALB123's approval! :D :lol: :P

I've had this ban happen to me. I think you get a proper ban when everyone in the
lobby votes to kick you. In other words a 100% vote to kick.

I was in a server on my own, happily lapping and waiting for people to join.
Two people joined, next minute I'm booted. With a tempory server ban.
If I remember correctly it lasted for about a week.
I'm sure they just wanted the server to themselves, because of no private lobbies etc.

Hopefully private lobbies arrive soon, with good functionality, and all this nonsense can be forgotten :)..👍

Two people joined, next minute I'm booted. With a tempory server ban.
If I remember correctly it lasted for about a week.
I'm sure they just wanted the server to themselves, because of no private lobbies etc.
That's good to know. I mean, it's stupid that it works that way, but nevertheless it's great to know that it happened to someone else as well and that it is a temporary thing.

Thanks. 👍

I've been lucky enough to get into the GT Sport beta, and I've found something I think is highly relevant to AC on console, never would have taken it seriously for a moment unless I tried for myself: motion steering. Here are my comments:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...about-gts-from-the-beta.354474/#post-11757441

Kunos REALLY needs to look into this. After a few laps of getting accustomed to it and some of its quirks, honestly the only thing missing was FFB. And even that was sort of there with the vibration. If you watched my in-cockpit replay, there would be no way to tell whether I was using a wheel or a controller.

I'm sure the technical implementation of motion steering is much more complicated than it would appear, just like regular controller, which Kunos is currently way off base on. Still I can't think of a better way to bridge the gap between controller and wheel, they need to give it a shot.

Ran a few laps for the first time in ages a couple of days ago, trying a few different cars out of the Nord Tourist. Had some fun.

Last edited:
I have People in my F1 League and in AC who also use Pads but they are very smooth in their handling so it looks like a Wheel.
For sure it's possible, but is very difficult. I spent hours trying to dial in controller settings that could make the game playable. Even driving very conservatively I was guaranteed to have a major off once every other lap. I was helping a friend of mine who wanted to get into it. He's played maybe 20 hours, I think he's done. Controls are a major barrier to more casual gamers.

Hello!! :)

Looking forward to the near future of AC, with the private lobbies and more DLC........... Been trying out some new combos, the Audi R8 V10 Plus is so good at Black Cat, and who said you can't slide a 4WD car? :P

I understand if you don't agree with me and if you think that these 2 points seem realistic for you.
I respect your opinion.

In this video (it's not me) we can see some things I was talking about.
I've moved this to the AC thread so as to not drag the GTS Beta thread off topic.

For me these 2 points are not a good realistic-physics simulation about the tyre model analyse :

1.- Not losing any grip and not a good feeling of hard acceleration even with full throttle and some wheel turning (first and second gear) : time 5'21"
2.- Not realistic feel of grip-slip transition in mid-corners, you have to wait the abrupt slip end to recover the car control : time 6'12" to 6'16"

1. The drivers not on full throttle at 5.21 and isn't for another few seconds. It appears to be gradual throttle application as well, rather than a move to straight wide open throttle.From 5.19 to 5.23 when the throttle is actually wide open its being constantly modulated.

The video also don't show if TC is being used, what tyres are used, however we do know that track surface is set to optimum, which is 100% rubbered in.

5.19: Not full throttle, steering still applied
5.19.jpg

5.20: Not full Throttle, steering still applied
5.20.jpg

5.21: Changed up to 2nd (which will reduce torque on the driven wheels), and still not full throttle
5.21.jpg

5.22: Not full throttle, but increasing as steering lock is reduced
5.22.jpg

5.23: Transitioning to line up for the next corner, still not full throttle
5.23.jpg

2..24: Full throttle
5.24.jpg

2. How on earth would you know? Your not driving!

I know that for every game developer realistic-physics are hard to simulate, but those points could be better IMO.
No one is saying that its perfect, but you have yet to show an example that's not within the realm of realistic, and certainly haven't supported a claim that cars can do 180 spin at 30kmh with no throttle or steering input!

Given that you say you have AC on the PS4 I really don't understand why you are having to hunt down six month to a year old videos of PC builds rather than put your own videos up?

In this other video betwen 14'27" and 14'37", we can see the inconsistent tyre model IMO (too much understeer in the first corner and too much oversteer in the second corner with a normal driving and almost no gas input in both corners) I have experienced this two opposite reponse many times playing in AC... For me this is a lack of consitency in the physics-system and not very realistic.
You don't actually understand the physics behind the dynamics of RR vehicles do you (or it seems vehicle dynamics at all)?

A transition from understeer to oversteer in a RR drive car is not strange at all, quite the opposite its perfectly normal (please keep in mind that if you are going to dispute this you are arguing with both Porsche and the fundamental laws of physics).

You also seem to be unaware of the effect transition forces can have on the yaw rate of a vehicle, it PMI and the as a result the yaw rate at each tyre and the balance of the vehicle as a result.

Again, in both cases, you have to wait "long time" the slip programated sequence end to recover the car control :
The what?

Last edited:
Well, here's some fresh news about the next update... Still no exact launch date but still aiming for April release.

That is what Stefano casillo said:

Screenshot_2017-03-31-15-36-49.jpg

Seems to come quite big!

The cars should be:

-Mazda mx5 miata NA
-Mazda 787B
-Porsche 911 RSR
-BMW M4 akropovic edition
-lamborghini gallardo S3
-Audi quattro S1

Custom lobbies, custom championships, Highlands circuits,physics on par with PC version....specific bug fixes...

Last edited:
I like the distinction Stefano makes when describing the lobbies (private vs custom). I've mentioned my concern about this before, so I'm happy to hear it.

Also, I'm still hoping that after this big update (which will get us pretty much on par with the PC in terms of content) that maybe they'll finally try to add the little details/features that we're missing ever since the beginning.

Latest Posts

Back