Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
So i just went to the ac forum and there stefano said that Xbox will be 2-3 weeks out. So it will be 4 months without an Update for us Boxers. And my guess is this will push ready to race later down the road for PS4 too.

Its all so disappointing. It really will be the Anniversary before we see our own Lobbies.

Ian Bell said he hires 32 people just to do what Stefano Casillo does. That's insane.

Hasn't Stefano been working and improving on the same but limited foundations for several years now? SMS seems like a full speed ahead type of studio doing several things at once.

Hasn't Stefano been working and improving on the same but limited foundations for several years now? SMS seems like a full speed ahead type of studio doing several things at once.

Just look at all the content SMS is pushing out already that is new for PC2.

If they get the handling right this time AC on Consoles will be completely dead. There is only so much you can do with 1 new Track per Year

Just look at all the content SMS is pushing out already that is new for PC2.

If they get the handling right this time AC on Consoles will be completely dead. There is only so much you can do with 1 new Track per Year

That's the big IF. We will see. But if they didn't get it right for one type of surface and now they aim for several types, sorry but my hopes are not high.

Well when they doubled the workload they should have doubled the employees.

Standard behaviour that if there is too much work you hire more people.
It's not easy to find someone that can do what Stefano does. At this point do you really want some rookie in there, learning on the job, messing with your code that many agree is working pretty well as it is? The time to expand and add new people is in the early stages of development so the kinks can be worked out before the product hits the market. PD went on a hiring spree a couple of years ago for example.

Well when they doubled the workload they should have doubled the employees.

Standard behaviour that if there is too much work you hire more people.
They did double the employees though. They are 12 strong and 30 strong since the console edition. You can't just double the staff, you have to find the right people first.

SMS have 10 employees just for the AI ( so I've read), the finances are entirely different. What Kunos could have done is stopped working on AC and just said he we're releasing AC2 in a year with X feature and content. A bit like F1 every single year. It has never been a secret that AC was a long term investment.

Different approaches, SMS released Pcars then announced Pcars2 a couple weeks later, when people were still losses about the state of Pcars. AC on the other hand was released before Pcars and will still be seeing development when Pcars2 is out.

@Johnnypenso Exactly, if that were not the case every game would have great AI etc.

They did double the employees though. They are 12 strong and 30 strong since the console edition. You can't just double the staff, you have to find the right people first.

I don't think that's accurate. I believe they have around a dozen regular guys, another 10-20 contracted artists for 3D work, and these were around before the console versions. They brought 3-4 guys on to work on the console versions, and that's all they do.

That's the big IF. We will see. But if they didn't get it right for one type of surface and now they aim for several types, sorry but my hopes are not high.
I'm feeling the same way. I think the AC disc will be spinnin' in the old bug trap fairly exclusively until probably AC2.

My biggest concern is that AC2 will hit PC long before consoles. And that the wait will be an uncertain one - delay, delay, missing content etc. I'll try to stay positive this time :lol:

I'm feeling the same way. I think the AC disc will be spinnin' in the old bug trap fairly exclusively until probably AC2.

My biggest concern is that AC2 will hit PC long before consoles. And that the wait will be an uncertain one - delay, delay, missing content etc. I'll try to stay positive this time :lol:
Thing is if there is an AC2 it will not start off as idea of a handful of cars and tracks, it will surely be a fully fledged title from the off?

I wouldn't start worrying about that until you find something in writing (FB, Twitter post, etc.). The only reason all of this happened - the nonsense with the console version - is because Assetto Corsa was designed to only be a PC game and never, ever be a console game. If there is going to be an AC2, I'm certain that the entire framework will be designed to be completely friendly between PC, PS4 & XBOX. Yes, there will still be a need for PS4 devs and XBox One devs, but if they're working side-by-side from Day One I would venture a guess that the entire family (pc, consoles) will be on the same version within days of each other.

Thing is if there is an AC2 it will not start off as idea of a handful of cars and tracks, it will surely be a fully fledged title from the off?
You would think so, right? I sure do. I don't know a single thing about Digital Bros. other than the fact that they bought Kunos Simulazioni. Usually big eats little, so I'm going to assume Digital Bros. has a lot more operating capital than KS ever did and hopefully that means all the pesky little licensing agreements will be finalized in time to include a very solid base of cars.

Hey, for all we know, that very well may be what Marco is already working on now - securing licensing deals for AC2. It wouldn't have to mean he's stopped looking to secure content for AC1 either. The ball starts rolling long before the products hit the shelves...especially the bigger the company, the bigger the red tape. While Marco & Stefano have assured us nothing would change after the sale to Digital Bros., I wouldn't be surprised if that is only true of this title and come AC2 time there will be a bit more looking over the shoulder by the parent company, ya know?

Depends on how far they want to go. Both Forza and GTS have incorporated Physics Based Rendering into their games and PCars has the full weather and day/night cycle but I'm not sure about PBR. They'll have to move in one direction or the other you would assume and both would require a significant amount of work.

Also no big Forza Fan, but atleast they deliver each month with something new. They make sure People come back.

I play Horizon 3 every few Days simply cause of Forzathon.

Forza may make sure people come back, but coming back because of weekly challenges sometimes makes me feel like I'm playing for the wrong reasons. Tonight I plan to grab the Porsche 911 Turbo S to make sure I won't miss out on having the car. However it's not often I feel an urge to play the game itself, which includes today. Don't get me wrong, Forza Horizon can be fun and enjoyable when the car enthusiast mood strikes, but the gameplay doesn't hold my attention for very long. On the other hand, AC is a game I keep coming back to simply because of the driving experience.

Moral of the story is that games with addictive gameplay do not need much else to make sure people come back. I hope Kunos will resist getting lured into that "game within the game" approach many developers take, ultimately distracting from the essence.

I posted this on the Update 1.14 thread but got no response. Can anyone confirm to me if they have experienced the same?

Something happened to the 918 with this patch. Trying to complete a lap of the Nordschleife with it is a nightmare. The rear end is incredibly twitchy like a classic rear engined Porsche which would be fine if it were one. Just oversteer for days and none of the other modern Porsches I've driven in the game are like this. The closest is the GT3 RS but even then it's really easy to recover. Also the new tires are understeer prone on GT3 cars which makes them unpleasant to drive at qualifying pace. The only good thing with them and the updated physics is that a few cars feel safer and I'm more consistent in them but not considerably faster except at the Nordschleife.

I posted this on the Update 1.14 thread but got no response. Can anyone confirm to me if they have experienced the same?

Something happened to the 918 with this patch. Trying to complete a lap of the Nordschleife with it is a nightmare. The rear end is incredibly twitchy like a classic rear engined Porsche which would be fine if it were one. Just oversteer for days and none of the other modern Porsches I've driven in the game are like this. The closest is the GT3 RS but even then it's really easy to recover. Also the new tires are understeer prone on GT3 cars which makes them unpleasant to drive at qualifying pace. The only good thing with them and the updated physics is that a few cars feel safer and I'm more consistent in them but not considerably faster except at the Nordschleife.
Not tried the 918 since the update.

Tough, too tough. Maybe I was not ease enough but I have not completed one single lap with a reasonable time....indeed a lot of understeer.

I have never liked the way the Porsche 918 Spyder drives. I can't believe how much easier it is for me to drive the LaFerrari and P1. With the Porsche's AWD system I am a bit shocked. The strange thing though...I'm sure you've all seen the AC player videos of the three cars facing off on various tracks and it's not uncommon for the Porsche 918 Spyder to set the best or second best lap time in a Holy Trinity Challenge.

I have never liked the way the Porsche 918 Spyder drives. I can't believe how much easier it is for me to drive the LaFerrari and P1. With the Porsche's AWD system I am a bit shocked. The strange thing though...I'm sure you've all seen the AC player videos of the three cars facing off on various tracks and it's not uncommon for the Porsche 918 Spyder to set the best or second best lap time in a Holy Trinity Challenge.

The 918 Spyder was patched in one of the latest updates for the PC version. Didn't those improvement make it easier to drive?

v1.12.2
- Improved Porsche 918 spyder brake performance
- Corrected McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 spyder acceleration performance

I remember the car being an unbelievable handful ever since it was added to the PS4 version, so long before this update @ebelen92. I haven't given the car a proper go since update 1.14 on consoles, but I would be disappointed if it still drives like an oddity.

Latest Posts

Back