Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Oh, that's cool. I considered randomness as a possibility but wrote it off. I was under the impression that each variable combined to a predetermined value. đź‘Ť

I think it's a 2% randomness, so it can vary +/-2%. At least that's the default in the server app so I'm just guessing that's what it is for offline but I could be wrong.

Woo-hoo, 9,000th reply! :D

I grabbed these screenshots yesterday, but forgot all about them:

bf7YV5Q.jpg

V62JxXR.jpg

This is new to 1.14 right?

While practicing, when I selected to go to the pits, this menu would sometimes appear.

I grabbed these screenshots yesterday, but forgot all about them:

bf7YV5Q.jpg

V62JxXR.jpg

This is new to 1.14 right?

While practicing, when I selected to go to the pits, this menu would sometimes appear.
Yes,now in a race event with practice and qualy sessions you can do pitstops now.

But the crew don't move.... So one little bug more in the code.... Hopefuly Will be fixed ASAP

Yes,now in a race event with practice and qualy sessions you can do pitstops now.

But the crew don't move.... So one little bug more in the code.... Hopefuly Will be fixed ASAP
Thanks for clearing that up.

Regarding the part in bold, I was doing a free run ("Practice"), so this also happens outside a race event. đź‘Ť

Thanks for clearing that up.

In relation to the part in bold, I was doing a free run ("Practice"), so this also happens outside a race event. đź‘Ť

Well thanks to clarify that! :cheers:

Normaly when I'm doing free run i push option button, and "back to box"...
So nice to see that now in a free practice you can enter pit normal and refill,change tyres and do some mechanical fixes.

Spot on @35mm and @Donnced.

Here's what I wrote in the other thread yesterday:

I also noticed an undocumented change that I'm sure most of you guys have noticed too. Practice and qualifying sessions now use the marker highlighting the active pit area. This allows for repairs, fuel and tire change on the fly. Previously on consoles, this was only found during race sessions. The tire change animation doesn't work though, which is strange because it was fine before the update.

Have you had a chance to play AC on the PC yet? If so, what's your impressions on the differences between the two? I don't think the differences are as big as some think, especially after yesterday's update, so I'm curious to see the opinion of a convert who has started on the console version and moved to the PC version.
I haven't touched AC on PS4 since I got my PC. But I've been keeping an eye on the console updates and agree with you... the gap between PC and console is closing. Just wish the game updates were more closely synced between platforms. When I got my PC (and AC) in January, I was shocked at all the feature options available (right side menu bar when driving). At that time, the gap between PC and console was very apparent to me. I'm glad the console now has more robust seat/FOV adjustments. Does console have freedom of HUD app placement?

The mod options on PC are very attractive. Especially tracks (for obvious reason)! And telemetry/race info apps. I understand car and track modding is a challenge on console, but it would be nice if Kunos openly supported UDP. That was a game changer for me on console for pCARS.

k7CPAHN.jpg

Don't quote me on this because I may be wrong. But, I think even on the PC - when you pull into the pits during a Practice session you don't see the Pit Crew animated and all that fancy stuff. I believe that only happens during a race/track day session, both online and offline...but Practice? I don't think so. If I can hold a memory for longer than 25 seconds I'll try it out in a bit. :lol:

Oh..almost forgot. @Nielsen -- as the fellas cleared up that question you had about Fast track surface varying - that's why I always say, "If you want to have a hot lap competition with friends, you need to use Optimum because it's the only surface you can accurately predict every time the track loads."

I wonder what's going to happen with that now that Wind has been turned on. Ya know? You getting a tailwind while I get a headwind. That makes Homer something-something. Go crazy? Don't mind if I do! :dunce: :crazy: :dopey: :crazy: :dunce:

Regarding the sound bug in menus coming from one single channel; I noticed that when the headphones are running in surround mode (like my hyperx cloud 2) there's no bug at all!
If I run surround mode OFF or if I use a non-surround headset the bug is there!
So it seems the sound is optimized for surround sound and doesn't run well with regular stereo headsets!

Regarding the sound bug in menus coming from one single channel; I noticed that when the headphones are running in surround mode (like my hyperx cloud 2) there's no bug at all!
So it seems the sound is optimized for surround sound and doesn't run well with regular stereo headsets!
Woooow thats crazy....
I use a regular stereo headset... And got the bug once entered and exited an event / race.
I've already reported back.

I hope you guys get yesterday's PC update very soon. The AI is a game changer. Literally.

TRUE!

I was just watching this Video and I was blown away!

I usually race at Medium coz I'm a very average/mediocre driver but it's nice them fighting like in real life and be that aggressive!

For those in the UK, Asda seems to be having a massive sale right now and AC is being reduced to ÂŁ5 for those that have it in stock.

Just seen it on HotUKDeals and a deal like that is incredible. I'm gonna travel to my local and re-purchase the game if I can find it!

For those in the UK, Asda seems to be having a massive sale right now and AC is being reduced to ÂŁ5 for those that have it in stock.

Just seen it on HotUKDeals and a deal like that is incredible. I'm gonna travel to my local and re-purchase the game if I can find it!
My local Asda haven't had in store at any point this year, if they even stocked it at all.

But when using a 5.1 surround system, sound still only comes from one side, strange bug indeed.

But when using a 5.1 surround system, sound still only comes from one side, strange bug indeed.
Oh weird! My headset has virtual surround 7.1and that issue never happened again, not once! And i used to have it all the time on my previous headset that had only regular stereo!

Litlle last lap race on the new Highlands track with the AI , racing against the AI was not bad at all i would say on 1.14 new update đź‘Ť
So if update 1.15 Comes to PS4 I will even be more happier

Litlle last lap race on the new Highlands track with the AI , racing against the AI was not bad at all i would say on 1.14 new update đź‘Ť
So if update 1.15 Comes to PS4 I will even be more happier

I've spent 3-4 hours with the new AI updates on the PC. If the AI behaves for console players (after the next update) the way it behaved for me earlier today...you're going to be very, very happy. I didn't even mess around with the new AI adjustments - just stuck to a range of AI skill (its a PC only option enabled by a 3rd party program, Content Manager). The AI battled me like nothing I've experienced yet with AC.

95% of my AI experiences were already good...except for the unfortunate odd behavior here or there, I usually had a good time. Still, the AI seemed to lack any instinct. Not anymore. I was getting my butt kicked by safe, but aggressive AI drivers. I can't wait to get back on the track with 'em. :)

Last edited:
I've spent 3-4 hours with the new AI updates on the PC. If the AI behaves for console players (after the next update) the way it behaved for me earlier today...you're going to be very, very happy. I didn't even mess around with the new AI adjustments - just stuck to a range of AI skill (its a PC only option enabled by a 3rd party program, Content Manager). The AI battled me like nothing I've experienced yet with AC.

95% of my AI experiences were already good...except for the unfortunate odd behavior here or there, I usually had a good time. Still, the AI seemed to lack any instinct. Not anymore. I was getting my butt kicked by safe, but aggressive AI drivers. I can't wait to get back on the track with 'em. :)
Good to read this so let the update 1.15 come quickly to the console .

just stuck to a range of AI skill (its a PC only option enabled by a 3rd party program, Content Manager).

Nope, that's a baked in feature now, it's what "range" does in the new AI controls. So if you set a range of 3 and set the AI strength to 95% you'll have AI ranging from 92% to 98%. đź‘Ť Not sure if the Kunos version of it has been added to Content Manager yet but I think I saw mention that he's either already working on it or has already released an update with the new functions added.

Nope, that's a baked in feature now, it's what "range" does in the new AI controls. So if you set a range of 3 and set the AI strength to 95% you'll have AI ranging from 92% to 98%. đź‘Ť Not sure if the Kunos version of it has been added to Content Manager yet but I think I saw mention that he's either already working on it or has already released an update with the new functions added.
Oh boy. Well, that was embarrassing. Thanks for letting me know. I never use the Kunos launcher, so I had no clue what the new AI settings are or look like, etc. That was a fantastic idea for Stefano to add that to the base code. Before the update, when it was only possible to do with Content Manager, I always felt having that capability allowed me to have more positive experiences against the AI.

Of course, if AI is working properly, you shouldn't have to set a range, but I figure...why not? Racers aren't all completely equally skilled - even at the highest level of racing, Formula-One. So, for a goofball like me I figure a slight range is appropriate. đź‘Ť

I haven't been to the official forums/content manager thread in like 14+ hours. So, I don't know if x4fab has addressed the issue yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. Usually, if there is a change in the core function of Assetto Corsa he stops his new development to get the base functions squared away. Hopefully this time is no different because I really, really do not want to have to use that fugly Kunos launcher. :lol:

Oh boy. Well, that was embarrassing. Thanks for letting me know. I never use the Kunos launcher, so I had no clue what the new AI settings are or look like, etc. That was a fantastic idea for Stefano to add that to the base code. Before the update, when it was only possible to do with Content Manager, I always felt having that capability allowed me to have more positive experiences against the AI.

Of course, if AI is working properly, you shouldn't have to set a range, but I figure...why not? Racers aren't all completely equally skilled - even at the highest level of racing, Formula-One. So, for a goofball like me I figure a slight range is appropriate. đź‘Ť

I haven't been to the official forums/content manager thread in like 14+ hours. So, I don't know if x4fab has addressed the issue yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. Usually, if there is a change in the core function of Assetto Corsa he stops his new development to get the base functions squared away. Hopefully this time is no different because I really, really do not want to have to use that fugly Kunos launcher. :lol:

I think I saw someone mention it's been updated but I haven't been on to check yet.

Very mini rant - Was in a practice 'WEC' room at Spa earlier this morning and was steadily lapping the 2015 Porsche 919 in the 1.57/58's, but all other LMP1 runners were in the 2.04 range at best. Watching them lap when in the pits and following them when on track I could see why they were so slow... they were using the hybrid boost from La Source down to Eau Rouge, then because of the excess speed having to brake for Eau Rouge, and then the same again for the run down to Les Combes. That will basically drain the battery and its allotted time with 2/3rds of the lap still to go!

I just can't fathom why they would assume that was the fastest way around the circuit, and if they did what did they think I was doing going 6+ seconds a lap faster than them and cruising past them at any point in the second half of the lap? I don't want to seem elitist because I am not a super-fast driver by any means, but its not difficult to work out how to drive the LMP1 cars properly is it? Was I 'unlucky' in not finding a competitive room?

Very mini rant - Was in a practice 'WEC' room at Spa earlier this morning and was steadily lapping the 2015 Porsche 919 in the 1.57/58's, but all other LMP1 runners were in the 2.04 range at best. Watching them lap when in the pits and following them when on track I could see why they were so slow... they were using the hybrid boost from La Source down to Eau Rouge, then because of the excess speed having to brake for Eau Rouge, and then the same again for the run down to Les Combes. That will basically drain the battery and its allotted time with 2/3rds of the lap still to go!

I just can't fathom why they would assume that was the fastest way around the circuit, and if they did what did they think I was doing going 6+ seconds a lap faster than them and cruising past them at any point in the second half of the lap? I don't want to seem elitist because I am not a super-fast driver by any means, but its not difficult to work out how to drive the LMP1 cars properly is it? Was I 'unlucky' in not finding a competitive room?
Well, I've been driving on these digital racetracks for 3+ years now and the route I take through corners and the speed at which I approach the turns and then have to brake for is obviously wrong too because I'm any seconds behind really good drivers. Why do people do this? It's a combination of things...in my case I just can't seem to apply the things that I know about racing onto the race track as well as others. With others, it could be a combination of inexperience, stupidity, lacking the awareness that a fast driver has...things like that.

Why do people insist on crashing in Turn 1 of every racing sim? Again...Stupidity, lack of experience, poor technique, etc. No offense, but if you truly aren't a "super-fast driver", as you say in your post, give your replay files to a group of Alien drivers and they'll watch and say, "Why would he apply so much brake there?" and "Why doesn't he get that car lined up further to the right so he can get a smoother turn-in on the upcoming left-hander?", etc... There are some of us who are not only skilled, but smart race car drivers and then there are people like me. :D Very average...and that means there are actually people even slower than I am. GASP! :crazy:

Yes...I would guess you just didn't find a room full of excellent LMP drivers. Maybe take a look through the Leagues & Scheduled Races threads in the AC Forums here. Perhaps you'll stumble across some equally skilled drivers and then find the competitive racing you desire. Or, maybe start your own "Wednesday Night Advanced LMP Drivers Weekly Race" if you don't have the time to run in an actual league. Or, continue to come across goobers like me on the track.:lol: Good luck, friend. :cheers:

Custom championships are the greatest thing to happen to this game since release. Just started a “GT Legends“ themed championship with only historic race cars like 787, Sauber C9 and all the classic Porsches. So much fun!
They'll be infinitely better next update.

Back