Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Another week and nothing. I may be stating the obvious here, but I would appreciate knowing whether Kunos is making any progress bringing the RTR DLC to consoles. It's now becoming borderline trolling how they keep repeating the same bad news surrounding the Xbox One version, and thereby leaving all console players in the dark. The ongoing silence is unkind.

Another week and nothing. I may be stating the obvious here, but I would appreciate knowing whether Kunos is making any progress bringing the RTR DLC to consoles. It's now becoming borderline trolling how they keep repeating the same bad news surrounding the Xbox One version, and thereby leaving all console players in the dark. The ongoing silence is unkind.

They send last week again 1.14 update to submission to Microsoft because it failed again.
Don't expect that they will start on 1.15 update and RTR pack until both consoles are on same version (1.14)

In 10 days it will be 2 months that the 1.14 version landed on PS4...

Maybe With a lot of luck we will see 1.15 and DLC before the launch of Project C.A.R.S 2 :D:D:banghead:

Patience needed.....

Don't expect that they will start on 1.15 update and RTR pack until both consoles are on same version (1.14)

I've said it before, halting all console development because of these Xbox One difficulties is only going to make a bad situation worse.

I've said it before, halting all console development because of these Xbox One difficulties is only going to make a bad situation worse.
But where is the official statement that this is what they are doing? The R2R pack was always going to drop with V1.15. Which will include the new AI as well as button mapping customisation. Which means Stefano had to code it which would take god knows how long, then time for it to be ported on top of the other stuff. Which basically means this update was never dropping before 6-8 weeks after V1.14, and that's being positive. Realistically I wouldn't expect it before 10-12 weeks after the last update.

But where is the official statement that this is what they are doing? The R2R pack was always going to drop with V1.15. Which will include the new AI as well as button mapping customisation. Which means Stefano had to code it which would take god knows how long, then time for it to be ported on top of the other stuff. Which basically means this update was never dropping before 6-8 weeks after V1.14, and that's being positive. Realistically I wouldn't expect it before 10-12 weeks after the last update.

It's what they did until Know on console.. Don't move on until both consoles are on same version.

The last Porsche Pack they even tried to get it at same time on stores.

The console version team is very small and in the 1.14 update news on oficial forum Stefano said they are hard on work to get the update out ASOP on the Xbox One.

So...Like you said, if they have to port the AI,missing special events form 1.14 and those of 1.15,the improved physics and AI,Code the button mapping, fix the G29 DoR bug together with other issues and port the DLC...sure that before September we don't gonna see the next update...

Hopefuly in the "submission times" that they can't do anything more to that update they are working on the 1.15 (at least that's what I'm hoping)

Only time will say...
But will still take a while to see the next update landing

But where is the official statement that this is what they are doing?

It was not a reference to a statement by Kunos. I was responding to what @Donnced said.

The R2R pack was always going to drop with V1.15. Which will include the new AI as well as button mapping customisation. Which means Stefano had to code it which would take god knows how long, then time for it to be ported on top of the other stuff. Which basically means this update was never dropping before 6-8 weeks after V1.14, and that's being positive. Realistically I wouldn't expect it before 10-12 weeks after the last update.

My concern is not when it's coming. All I want to know is whether good progress is being made on 1.15. By the way, is Stefano really coding for consoles? I believe he once said that he merely assists the dedicated console developers at Kunos.

It's what they did until Know on console.. Don't move on until both consoles are on same version.

When did Kunos say this?

It was not a reference to a statement by Kunos. I was responding to what @Donnced said.

My concern is not when it's coming. All I want to know is whether good progress is being made on 1.15. By the way, is Stefano really coding for consoles? I believe he once said that he merely assists the dedicated console developers at Kunos.

When did Kunos say this?
A long time ago they said once on the forum that they want to progress the console Versions at same time as most possible...

To much posts now there to search it.

And till now they updated the console versions at same time.

The only version that is on his own is The PC version that already received 1.14, 1.14.1, 1.14.2, 1.14.3 and 1.14.4 only a couple of weeks ago with the new fixed axle physics on somo classic cars.

Played yesterday 3 Hours online on X1.
Im really torn between a pat on the back and a slap in the face for Kunos.

Plays so lovely with a wheel yet lacks everything around it. And im now convinced the X1 might get an anniversary patch as we joked before.

Can someone tell me if they fixed the licensing issue with the MC12 Liveries?
I take a big guess and say nothing has changed

By the way, is Stefano really coding for consoles? I believe he once said that he merely assists the dedicated console developers at Kunos.

He's said multiple times that he doesn't do any coding for the consoles, just lends advice/guidance when needed.

A long time ago they said once on the forum that they want to progress the console Versions at same time as most possible...

To much posts now there to search it.

And till now they updated the console versions at same time.

Ok, but it's reasonable to expect that the current situation would make an exception to such a rule. Again, devoting all resources to a broken Xbox patch makes no sense when version 1.14 has been out for about two months on PS4.

He's said multiple times that he doesn't do any coding for the consoles, just lends advice/guidance when needed.

Right.

Last edited:
When things like this happen I am dying to know exactly what the hold up was. Ya know? Just out of curiousity I wish I could read a timeline of the beginning of coding v1.14 up until delivery day...whenever that may be. :rolleyes:

Hi mate! Good news for Xbox One players finally!

Here's fresh news from Stefano...
He maybe don't code on console, but give more information to the users and things than 505Games that should do that
Screenshot_2017-07-07-18-55-21.jpg

Last edited:
For 1.15 my bet still goes for mid-end September.... At least that are my feelings.

Maybe therefore, whilst playing Pcars2 at the end of September, when the " Assetto Corsa 1.15 Update" notification pops up on screen in the top left, i'll hardly flinch!!

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad, and ultimately, disappointing....... :(

Update (supposedly) inbound - awesome 👍
This game is brilliant
I only recently picked up AC, as I'm ashamed to admit but happy for the prospect of returning folks to fill those lobbies

Finally some positive news for us X Box One players.

However I refuse to get my hopes up to high just yet, but at least it feels like we are getting somewhere.

Update (supposedly) inbound - awesome 👍
This game is brilliant
I only recently picked up AC, as I'm ashamed to admit but happy for the prospect of returning folks to fill those lobbies

It surely has a real huge potential!

But if look behind... In The Eleven months the game is on the market the game didn't progress much..
Only one performance update.
Tyre hud,camera setting and now online lobbies and offline championships.. (both quite bugged) are the only "features" added together with a lot of bugs and issues.

The feedback and support on the console version oficial forum is also really poor and Don't understand why kunos don't bother what 505games is (not) doing.

Game, postrelease and user treatment is a huge difference between PC version an console version.

And even without physics on par with PC, neither FFB, those are the best I've seen on console up to date.

Really encountered sensation to this game, but i have also decided not to support them anymore buying any future DLC...
They will have to change a lot the treatment and feedback towards the users and start really to Polish and fix the game starting with things that still there from launch.

I've got quite some friends with a G29 that don't play anymore thanks to the DoR rotation bug and will finally be fixed in the future 1.15 update... But after nearly 6 months with the bug i understand their frustration.

Let's see what happens now once both consoles finally got the personalised online lobbies if the rest now speed up or not. Still got a very little hope to see things going better.

Stefano said after his christmas holidays that he was working on private lobbies as his first priority. Probably means he worked the code of that too.

1.15 should not take longer than 1.14 (ps4). I mean, what they have to work cant be more difficult than creating a whole new system of private lobbies.

Woooh Xbox update has passed submission. Expect it mid next week.

That's because they aren't, other than firmware. There may be some different options for FFB etc but that doesn't make the physics or FFB different. Yet some keep perpetuating it as the truth.
Yes physics are different, reason, because we are always some patches behind the PC version.

Things like that we haven't :

So physics aren't really "the same" ..
Now we are on par with PC 1.13.0
And they are on 1.14.4 and soon they will be on 1.15.

FFB side, the FFB is complete rewritten for consoles versions,lacking general options and each car FFB option.

Sounds are also different, cause the reverbs are taken away from the console version in the 1.09 update cause it causes problems on the console... More information didn't give Luca.

Physics, FFB,sounds similar as PC version? Yes! 100% the same? Big NO.

And the rest of features and options is quite known today.
List only has grown a bit with the lasted PC version updates

So I'm really sorry to not agree with you on this one..

What? First I've heard that AC physics are different between platforms.
Yes physics are different, reason, because we are always some patches behind the PC version.

Things like that we haven't :

So physics aren't really "the same" ..
Now we are on par with PC 1.13.0
And they are on 1.14.4 and soon they will be on 1.15.

FFB side, the FFB is complete rewritten for consoles versions,lacking general options and each car FFB option.

Sounds are also different, cause the reverbs are taken away from the console version in the 1.09 update cause it causes problems on the console... More information didn't give Luca.

Physics, FFB,sounds similar as PC version? Yes! 100% the same? Big NO.

And the rest of features and options is quite known today.
List only has grown a bit with the lasted PC version updates

So I'm really sorry to not agree with you on this one..

So like i said then, they're the same other than versions so not sure why you're constantly writing that the physics are different when we have always known console version is always going to be at least a month behind. You repeatedly present it as Console players taking it in the rear. As for FFB where did you get information from that it was rewriten? I'd like to see that. Lacking ghe options of FFB of the PC version doesn't mean it's different, just as AI wont be different when it's updated if we have pre set aggression options.

Sounds are not different, you're presenting your own truths again. They're exactly the same samples, reverb being disabled because of compatibility issues does change that. How about graphics? Not as good as PC, are they different? Did we get treated like second class citizens again? You paint a different picture, i don't know if its deliberate, but you already made one poster question the physics being different. You've put it out there that the next PS4 update was on hold until the Xbox update is out.

The last Porsche Pack they even tried to get it at same time on stores.

The console version team is very small and in the 1.14 update news on oficial forum Stefano said they are hard on work to get the update out ASOP on the Xbox One.

So...Like you said, if they have to port the AI,missing special events form 1.14 and those of 1.15,the improved physics and AI,Code the button mapping, fix the G29 DoR bug together with other issues and port the DLC...sure that before September we don't gonna see the next update...

Hopefuly in the "submission times" that they can't do anything more to that update they are working on the 1.15 (at least that's what I'm hoping)

Only time will say...
But will still take a while to see the next update landing
Here is your assumption, how did you conclude 1.15 has been put on hold just because it isn't out yet? They've pushed both updates out together because they have both been developed at the same time without issues like with this one. If they hold the PS4 update back then release both PS4 and Xbox and they encounter the same issue as with 1.14 on Xbox, then what? Would have been pointless holding PS4 back, no?

So like i said then, they're the same other than versions so not sure why you're constantly writing that the physics are different when we have always known console version is always going to be at least a month behind. You repeatedly present it as Console players taking it in the rear. As for FFB where did you get information from that it was rewriten? I'd like to see that. Lacking ghe options of FFB of the PC version doesn't mean it's different, just as AI wont be different when it's updated if we have pre set aggression options.

Sounds are not different, you're presenting your own truths again. They're exactly the same samples, reverb being disabled because of compatibility issues does change that. How about graphics? Not as good as PC, are they different? Did we get treated like second class citizens again? You paint a different picture, i don't know if its deliberate, but you already made one poster question the physics being different. You've put it out there that the next PS4 update was on hold until the Xbox update is out.
Here is your assumption, how did you conclude 1.15 has been put on hold just because it isn't out yet? They've pushed both updates out together because they have both been developed at the same time without issues like with this one. If they hold the PS4 update back then release both PS4 and Xbox and they encounter the same issue as with 1.14 on Xbox, then what? Would have been pointless holding PS4 back, no?

About ffb, different implementation in console version :
https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/375343/This+is+how+Force+Feedback+works+in+Assetto+Corsa+on+PS4/

About physics.
We are quite more of a month behind PC version on console.
Missing things = difference.

About AI, the way implement into console version with different levels instead a slider made AI balance bad(said by Marco).
So we will see how they implement the upgraded AI... In console.

In graphics, well, quite some bug / issues reports of missing textures and things fixed in PC version long time ago but are in console version, you have console bug tread in the forums.

Sounds, until one update the reverbs were there, even with the reverbs and without they are comparative videos in bug tread that shows little diferences in sounds.

About 1.15 update, time will say. Pointless holding it back, yes.
But still keep thinking the same.
Until both consoles aren't on same version they don't do next step.

I had to pick the game up for the Xbone. I'm building a PC and I already bought the game on Steam, but with the Graphics Card shortage, I couldn't resist getting it for the Xbox. I'm treating the XB version as a preview of sorts. So far, I like it. I can't wait to play it with my wheel once the PC is finished. I hope Etherium prices fall or it goes into ASCI or something. This Graphic Card shortage is getting to be annoying.

Last edited:
I've got quite some friends with a G29 that don't play anymore thanks to the DoR rotation bug and will finally be fixed in the future 1.15 update... But after nearly 6 months with the bug i understand their frustration.

Excuse me but what is DoR?! and DoR rotation bug?!
Asking coz I have a G29 and except for the slight FFB deadzone in the middle, I can't see any issues!

Excuse me but what is DoR?! and DoR rotation bug?!
Asking coz I have a G29 and except for the slight FFB deadzone in the middle, I can't see any issues!
Exactly, The DoR rotation bug is still in Assetto Corsa on the G29, one user was reporting it since the suposen "fix" and showed it in video how the rotation bug is still in the game.

The video is from 1.13 version but is still in the 1.14 version also.
Finally that guy achieved to make aware Stefano casillo of the rotation bug ho tried it,confirmed it and said it will be fixed in 1.15 version.

Vídeo :

Stefano casillo reply on twitter (and there's a reason why i being saying that they don't move onto the next update until both consoles are in same version BTW)

Screenshot_2017-07-10-10-29-55.jpg

Reply by Stefano casillo on console version suport forum :
Screenshot_2017-07-10-10-37-38.jpg

Back