Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Custom Championships are fun too -- if you prefer staying offline (as I do). It's too bad that you guys are still waiting for the improved AI. Man, I really hope they get this next update out, pronto.

They sure are. That said, I mainly use custom championships to mimic track days by setting a 45 minuts practice session. Even though practice isn't competitive, I hate to encounter fast cars repeatedly trapped behind slower cars. They find their way eventually but sometimes it takes several minutes. I have seen how the new AI on PC overtakes much better now, and I cannot wait to see it doing the same on PS4. Fingers crossed it will come alongside the RTR pack because I don't think Kunos made any promises for the next update other than the DLC and custom button mapping.

New AI wont solve the very severe issues the championship mode suffers on PS4 (the point system gets crazy every time). I have to try to reinstall the game, but if that problem is not solved, championship mode will keep on being useless even with the heavily improved AI.

New AI wont solve the very severe issues the championship mode suffers on PS4 (the point system gets crazy every time). I have to try to reinstall the game, but if that problem is not solved, championship mode will keep on being useless even with the heavily improved AI.

The Championship Mode is riddled with a save Bug. Nothing is really saved. From Championship progress to even the created championships themselves.

But tbh when we get the new AI we can have proper multiclass racing and its only possible to form a Race through Championship mode.

So its a trade off at worst, but one i can deal with.

Assetto Corsa is now back on the table with PC2 and others. And its dirt cheap now so get your Friends out there to buy it.

The Championship Mode is riddled with a save Bug. Nothing is really saved. From Championship progress to even the created championships themselves.

That's on XBOX. PS4 version doesnt suffer those problems apparently (I have not seen nobody compaining about it on the official forums at least).

The messed up point system is the ""only"" problem PS4 version suffers (some people also say that doesnt even happen to them).

Haven't played for a while, but had the chance to try out a few more of the Porsches last night. Oh my days, some of them sound awesome, & the handling is sublime. Can't remember what ones I drove (strangely I'm not much of a petrol head, just into sim racing), but the way it bounces up & down on it's suspension is just like watching the BTCC Porsche support races on TV. Very impressed.

:D

VBR
Haven't played for a while, but had the chance to try out a few more of the Porsches last night. Oh my days, some of them sound awesome, & the handling is sublime. Can't remember what ones I drove (strangely I'm not much of a petrol head, just into sim racing), but the way it bounces up & down on it's suspension is just like watching the BTCC Porsche support races on TV. Very impressed.

:D
Hah that sounds like the 911 GT3 GT3 or the cup car. Its by far the most bouncy car, some don't like that but I love it for that.

Btw Kunos are hiring if anyone has the skills. Italian and English-language needed.

VBR
Glad to hear you gave AC some attention and enjoyed yourself in the process. I agree with lancia delta hf - if I had to place a bet it would be on the 911 GT3 R 2016 or the 911 GT3 Cup 2017. I doubt it was the 911 GT3 RSR 2017 - she seems to be more planted (is that the word I want?). Three 911's that are fairly similar spec'd yet they all drive so different from each other. I think my favorite is the 911 GT3 Cup 2017. It feels a bit more subdued than the other current GT3 race cars, but that's not to say she's a slouch. Far from it. The two other race cars will outperform the Cup car, of course, but they'll also bite you a heck of a lot quicker too...just like other GT2 & GT3 class cars. I keep thinking to myself that I need to create my own 911 Cup series with the custom championship builder.

Hah that sounds like the 911 GT3 GT3 or the cup car. Its by far the most bouncy car, some don't like that but I love it for that.

Wasn't the bounciness toned down in one of the recent updates? It felt insane back when the 911 GT3 R was added, but not so much in the current version. Still bouncier than any other GT3 though.

Wasn't the bounciness toned down in one of the recent updates? It felt insane back when the 911 GT3 R was added, but not so much in the current version. Still bouncier than any other GT3 though.
I've not actually tried it since the last update. I will try it on RBR as i noticed bumps on the last straight before the final two corners that i had barely noticed before with any other car ( Using DS4).

@lancia delta hf - how does it work? I've always been curious how FFB works via a controller. Do you use an analogue stick to steer? How about your throttle & brake? I know there are some people who are old school and use the D-Pad (@Pete05) which must be brutal on an inexperienced thumb! :lol: So, if he's using D-Pad and you're using the stick it's gotta feel different, no? Or am I way off on everything?

@lancia delta hf - how does it work? I've always been curious how FFB works via a controller. Do you use an analogue stick to steer? How about your throttle & brake? I know there are some people who are old school and use the D-Pad (@Pete05) which must be brutal on an inexperienced thumb! :lol: So, if he's using D-Pad and you're using the stick it's gotta feel different, no? Or am I way off on everything?

There's no FFB on controllers. :odd:

No FFB whatsoever. I just noticed bumbs on tracks I had never noticed before. Still though, why has no company seen the gap in the market for an ffb controller with better steering inputs? There's surely a decent sized market.

Hi guys !

I just bought new CSL elite for PS4 and have problem with FFB settings right now. P Assetto Corsa .

Assetto corsa :
General Settings

Anyone can help me i need some settings on wheel

Wheel
SEN
FFB
DRI
FOR
SPR
DPR

I used before T300 Alcantara and there is diffrent sets..

@Diego043

Wheel

SEN - AUTO
FFB - 100 (never turn this below 100)
DRI - Personal preference. Lower number means more dampening/slower rotation, higher number means assisted/accelerated rotation, middle number equals no dampening or acceleration
FOR - Personal preference. Start with 100, turn it down if too strong, up if too light.
SPR - OFF
DPR - OFF

I've not actually tried it since the last update. I will try it on RBR as i noticed bumps on the last straight before the final two corners that i had barely noticed before with any other car ( Using DS4).

I've given the 911 GT3 R another go on Zandvoort because this is one track I remember making the car bounce violently months ago. I wouldn't say it's quite as bad anymore, but I won't rule out the possibility I might have gotten used to its bouncy nature. I doubt the latter though. Anyway, the important thing is that the car feels great to drive now.

WOW! Last night I had some of the best online racing I've had in years. Not one rammer all evening, just hard, fast & clean racing. Tried out loads of different car & track combinations over a period of about 5 hours. Met up with a few old racing buddies, & had the time of my life.

Unfortunately, in order to do that I had to fire up GT6 on my PS3! :P :lol: With all their audio/graphical bling, & better physics; this generation of sim racing games can't touch GT for it's online features, user freindliness, & plain fun.

VBR
WOW! Last night I had some of the best online racing I've had in years. Not one rammer all evening, just hard, fast & clean racing. Tried out loads of different car & track combinations over a period of about 5 hours. Met up with a few old racing buddies, & had the time of my life.

"And the reason why..." Unfortunately, in order to do that I had to fire up GT6 on my PS3! :P :lol: With all their audio/graphical bling, & better physics; this generation of sim racing games can't touch GT for it's online features, user freindliness, & plain fun.

I did that a few weeks ago and had the same result, it was a great night :-) The side effect has been the last two of my friends that race on AC have now quit and will wait for the next round of games to be released.

So it is sad really, I am the last of my little group that is slugging away with AC.

For a game/sim that drives so well, has such nice physics and some great cars and tracks it is a shame it has missed the mark by so much when it comes to consoles :-(

So someone please tell me why it is so hard for a studio to copy the features and the user friendliness of GT6? Why am I locked into one car at one event when in GT6 I could chose from 500 cars by merely pulling into the pits? Why no kick button for a room/lobby owner. Why no room chat or means for room texting to communicate with people? Why, why, why etc??????

Lastly, judging by the lack of posts on here, especially from PS4 users and the lack of online action I would guess I am not the only one that is getting fed up with this game.

Rant mode: <OFF> ;-)

So someone please tell me why it is so hard for a studio to copy the features and the user friendliness of GT6? Why am I locked into one car at one event when in GT6 I could chose from 500 cars by merely pulling into the pits? Why no kick button for a room/lobby owner. Why no room chat or means for room texting to communicate with people? Why, why, why etc??????

Lastly, judging by the lack of posts on here, especially from PS4 users and the lack of online action I would guess I am not the only one that is getting fed up with this game.

Those few thing you mention there are in my opinion only minor gripes compared to the bugs plaguing AC's online multiplayer. Very little hope if version 1.15 doesn't bring overdue hot fixes, which unfortunately is something the previous updates haven't been good at.

Because Kunos are 30 people and Polyphony, if they are 200 people now, probably they were more than 100 when they made GT6. It's insane to ask for the same level of polishment.

Those few thing you mention there are in my opinion only minor gripes compared to the bugs plaguing AC's online multiplayer. Very little hope if version 1.15 doesn't bring overdue hot fixes, which unfortunately is something the previous updates haven't been good at.

All the updates have brought bugs. Only one had a hot fix a week later (it messed up g29 wheels). So I expect the next update to be the same. Sadly.

Those few thing you mention there are in my opinion only minor gripes

They were the first few that immediately sprung to mind. If I were to list *ALL* my gripes I would still be writing them down now ;-)

Because Kunos are 30 people and Polyphony, if they are 200 people now, probably they were more than 100 when they made GT6.

That is why I said "copy it". Or reverse engineer, whatever is the easiest ;-) BTW I think you will find that PD was a very small studio when it first made it's online functions.

It's insane to ask for the same level of polishment.

Why????? IMHO perhaps Kunos overestimated their abilities to tackle the console market. BTW PD only develops for one system and don't forget how much trouble Kunos had with 1.14 update for XBone!!!!

Now for a little crystal ball gazing on my part ;-) The online functionality will be Kunos's undoing in the console market. As pointed out above (now by two people) we preferred to go back to an earlier generation game with all it's inadequacies just to get that online experience and enjoy the camaraderie of our friends.

Insane? No, we just want current games to meet the acceptable benchmark.

Lastly, I would like to remind people that it was less than 24 hours before I picked up my copy of AC that Kunos anounced on social media (that I do not follow) that customisable/private lobbies were not happening. So I am I insane to expect a full price game, on the latest version console to have the same/similar functionality as a previous last generation game on on an outdated console? Mmmmmm........ perhaps my level of sanity is not in question here? ;-)

That is why I said "copy it". Or reverse engineer, whatever is the easiest ;-) BTW I think you will find that PD was a very small studio when it first made it's online functions.

If it was so easy, every game would have all the functions and features from other games... And small as Poly were when they did that, probably had 3 times the staff Kunos has right now.

Why????? IMHO perhaps Kunos overestimated their abilities to tackle the console market. BTW PD only develops for one system and don't forget how much trouble Kunos had with 1.14 update for XBone!!!!

They sure overstimated their abilities, as they didn't add what they promissed (same stuff as in PC). That poly only develops for one system gives me more reason of why it's insane to expect the same level of polishment.

Now for a little crystal ball gazing on my part ;-) The online functionality will be Kunos's undoing in the console market. As pointed out above (now by two people) we preferred to go back to an earlier generation game with all it's inadequacies just to get that online experience and enjoy the camaraderie of our friends.

Probably, yes. Although it's no way near to be the biggest problem of Assetto on consoles.

Lastly, I would like to remind people that it was less than 24 hours before I picked up my copy of AC that Kunos anounced on social media (that I do not follow) that customisable/private lobbies were not happening. So I am I insane to expect a full price game, on the latest version console to have the same/similar functionality as a previous last generation game on on an outdated console? Mmmmmm........ perhaps my level of sanity is not in question here? ;-)

You bought it for 20 euros less than full price.

Benchmark argument it's insane too. You buy a product, you are agree with that product. You can't expect every single game to have all the features you have in your mind. It's like buy a car with no radio and then complain because all the cars have radios.

And if you are not sure of what things there are in that product (and there was a lot of information about Assetto), don't buy it and wait. I didn't buy Dirt 4 because I wasn't sure about the tarmac feeling and Im waiting that it appears in a shop so I can rent it.

They didn't have the obligation to add private lobbies. They weren't promissed as they aren't on PC. And thanks god they didn't add what PC guys have as "private lobbies".

I did that a few weeks ago and had the same result, it was a great night :-) The side effect has been the last two of my friends that race on AC have now quit and will wait for the next round of games to be released.

So it is sad really, I am the last of my little group that is slugging away with AC.

For a game/sim that drives so well, has such nice physics and some great cars and tracks it is a shame it has missed the mark by so much when it comes to consoles :-(

The online lobbies are still pretty active. Don't know why you can only choose one car but they offer dedicated servers, something even GTS will not offer outside of sport mode. For how good GT lobbies are, it's a shame they didn't add a decent netcode too ( something Kunos have done ), so what good were those lobbies when I'm often getting stuck in loading screens,can't see half of my mates on track and they may or may not see me or the other half either?

As for your other queries, I suspect there are two reasons for this. First reason being that the AC we have today was never planned nor even dreamed about. They started with 5 people and 70k euros when they brainstormed AC ( compare that to PDI 60 million budget and much larger team ), now they have a team of 25 people with another 4 or 5 temporary staff. They have basically been building extensions on a old house instead of building a new house from scratch with better foundations and better planning.

The other reason being having zero console experience and underestimating the amount of work needed ( they've confessed this ) and the features console players expect or need. I'm sure AC2 will be better structured right from the off.

There are 12 main staff at Kunos, the rest are brought on board for modeling and the console transition. PD had over 100 and a budget of $60-80million for GT5, their first full game with online capability. It's not an apples to oranges comparison, it's a watermelon to grapes comparison.
They probably did, not having experience in that area. And fans also dramatically overestimated the capabilities of a tiny studio making a niche game.
Define "undoing". As I see it they probably made money even if they sold only a few hundred thousand copies of the game on console. I would define undoing as not having enough money to make an AC2. We'll have to wait and see how that turns out.
The benchmark for niche games made by boutique sized developers? Where can I find that benchmark?
Yes, it's unreasonable. No one buys a Honda Fit and expects an Escalade. See above.

The main problem of Kunos has been communication. If they, in some way, had made clear the game was going to be very short on features compared to PC, that every update was going to bring bugs because of the size of the team and that the updates were going to be developed very slowly, then there would not be any reason to complain.

Other big problems have been overestimating what they could do (they still suffer the consequences of that) and overestimating the console community (they probably didn't thought we could be so dumb:censored:).

What they can do to redeem themselves? Just bring the game at the same level as PC.

The main problem of Kunos has been communication. If they, in some way, had made clear the game was going to be very short on features compared to PC, that every update was going to bring bugs because of the size of the team and that the updates were going to be developed very slowly, then there would not be any reason to complain.

They made a rookie mistake in giving the impression that PC and console versions would be identical. Since then they have been doing and still are doing what they can to align platforms as much as possible, which suggests they are not pleased with the striking differences themselves.

As for the other things, big studios also introduce bugs in updates. The biggest problem is that Kunos haven't prioritized subsequent bug fixes a whole lot, which really sucks for the players affected on a regular basis. It's a general problem with the of console industry though, and studios like Turn 10 or SMS aren't really much better in this area. Finally, updates taking long to finish is something hard to predict. So many unforeseen circumstances, but they actually did state that console players should be prepared for constant delays compared to how they can upload to the Steam platform in an instant.

They made a rookie mistake in giving the impression that PC and console versions would be identical. Since then they have been doing and still are doing what they can to align platforms as much as possible, which suggests they are not pleased with the striking differences themselves.

They didn't give just the impression. They simply said the version would be identical. If they lied only they know it, but I prefere to think (because of their behaviour and statements) they just simply thought they could make it. An honest mistake (irresponsible though) I will forget if they finally get the game as it was promissed.

As for the other things, big studios also introduce bugs in updates. The biggest problem is that Kunos haven't prioritized subsequent bug fixes a whole lot, which really sucks for the players affected on a regular basis. It's a general problem with the of console industry though, and studios like Turn 10 or SMS aren't really much better in this area. Finally, updates taking long to finish is something hard to predict. So many unforeseen circumstances, but they actually did state that console players should be prepared for constant delays compared to how they can upload to the Steam platform in an instant.

It's a fact that kunos has much more difficulties to develop updates (time they take and bugs they bring) than other teams because of their small staff. No problem with that though because I understand they just cant do much more.

Back