Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
That's a problem for those who already purchased the game. I cannot imagine it hasn't been fixed once the Ultimate Edition releases in two months time. It would have been poor timing if the bundle had been released to coincide with the bad update, but I see no problem in a simple announcement.

I highly doubt that. The fact that they release this patch 1.17 with very in your face bugs, not to mention the G29 config problems going on for a year, then I won't take Kuno's / 505 games' word on anything.

The experience I have with 505 customer service is very very very very disappointing. They are only working on closing issues as soon as they can. Not caring about issues being really fixed.

I highly doubt that. The fact that they release this patch 1.17 with very in your face bugs, not to mention the G29 config problems going on for a year, then I won't take Kuno's / 505 games' word on anything.

The experience I have with 505 customer service is very very very very disappointing. They are only working on closing issues as soon as they can. Not caring about issues being really fixed.

Fixing the problems introduced by the update earlier this week is the priority for the team right now. They fixed the game crashes caused by the F2004 setup screen, so there's good reason to expect that these crashes will be fixed too. After all, this is way more serious. No guarantees of course, but anything less would be catastrophic for AC's future on the console market. Keep in mind that temporary **** happens for every game.

I can relate to what you're saying about long-standing issues that haven't been fixed, which is very disappointing, but that sort of sloppiness has become commonplace for most developers nowadays, sadly. The ultimate bundle will first and foremost provide the acclaimed AC experience, and that's fine granted the game doesn't remain broken with the current version.

just got this back from customer support:

Hi Marco,

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I asked, because the G25 is not supported by next gen consoles. This is the reason that you are having this experience; unfortunately this is not something that is going to be addressed by the developers. I apologize for how long it came to get to this conclusion. Let me know if there are any other issues that I can address for you.

-Dane C.
505 Games Customer Support

In indicated that also g29 users have this.

What are they thinking. Really

Fixing the problems introduced by the update earlier this week is the priority for the team right now. They fixed the game crashes caused by the F2004 setup screen, so there's good reason to expect that these crashes will be fixed too. After all, this is way more serious. No guarantees of course, but anything less would be catastrophic for AC's future on the console market. Keep in mind that temporary **** happens for every game.

I can relate to what you're saying about long-standing issues that haven't been fixed, which is very disappointing, but that sort of sloppiness has become commonplace for most developers nowadays, sadly. The ultimate bundle will first and foremost provide the acclaimed AC experience, and that's fine granted the game doesn't remain broken with the current version.

My sentiments exactly. Any serious bugs like the one introduced with this latest patch cannot be left unresolved, not if they want to keep us console players on board for AC2. I will remain positive for now and trust they will resolve the new issues, as they have done with the F2004 crash problem.

just got this back from customer support:

Hi Marco,

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I asked, because the G25 is not supported by next gen consoles. This is the reason that you are having this experience; unfortunately this is not something that is going to be addressed by the developers. I apologize for how long it came to get to this conclusion. Let me know if there are any other issues that I can address for you.

-Dane C.
505 Games Customer Support

In indicated that also g29 users have this.

That policy of hiring monkeys as PR people is clearly not working well.

Though I really enjoy AC and what it brought and still brings to sim racing on consoles.. I have not personally had or read of any positive experiences with 505 support for AC on consoles. Every time someone states an issue on the official forums and a mod points them to 505 support they come back to say 505 support did them no good.. generally gave them a cop-out response like what you got.

I was always expecting them to come out with a complete edition, but they damn well better get the main bugs fixed before it releases, way before it releases. -The fact that people still have the DOR issue with the G29 and now with the game crashing.. they need to finish strong before ending the progression of the title. - Well.. maybe not, SMS in my mind didn't and with all the flash they hyped for pCARS 2, they still had good sales.

Strange thing is that the main developer at kunos said the DOR issue was going to be fixed easily months ago..but it was never fixed (see posts below).

Link http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-and-ingame-wheel-rotation.44862/#post-872666

"good job.. passed the info to the ps4 dev, this will make fixing it super easy, thank you"

And let's not forget that there are still multiple issues with the AI, sounds, online, gameplay etc.. They're simply ignored.

PS: yes, 505 customer support is atrocious.

Last edited:
Strange thing is that the main developer at kunos said the DOR issue was going to be fixed easily months ago..but it was never fixed.

Link http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-and-ingame-wheel-rotation.44862/#post-872666

"good job.. passed the info to the ps4 dev, this will make fixing it super easy, thank you"

And let's not forget that there are still multiple issues with the AI, sounds, online, gameplay etc.. They're simply ignored.

PS: yes, 505 customer support is atrocious.

Well, in fact that was indeed fixed, but an other bug affects the rotation now of the G29.

It's quite easy to replicate :

If you are using any custom button map = rotation bug.

If you are using the Logitech preset button layout = no rotation bug.

Well, in fact that was indeed fixed, but an other bug affects the rotation now of the G29.

That is indeed the issue.

Just closing tickets does not solve problems.

I am ligthly shocked with the number of bad experiences with 505 cs.

Ah, didn't know that..thanks for correcting me. Does this issue happen only with logitech wheels? Because i've read some posts from t150 users describing the same (or very similar) issue. maybe it was before the first fix.

edit1: i was checking this thread, by the way
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/wheel-rotation-bug.47836/page-2

I don't own a wheel (was thinking about buying a 150 though), so i can't check those issues for myself.

Last edited:
While I have had some fun driving certain cars on the Nord Tourist in AC, I'm 99% certain that I won't be buying another game from them as there are too many problems.

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Support. How may we help you today?
TGN5LJ6.jpg

Meanwhile...

4CFFdNb.jpg

I really do feel for you guys...Things certainly are not perfect on the PC side, but they're nowhere near as bad as what you've all experienced.

Things certainly are not perfect on the PC side, but they're nowhere near as bad as what you've all experienced.
That's the source of the problem. We only saw a console dev in our forums once. if they had been more present in all those months, most of the issues would have been fixed by now.

Last edited:
That's the source of the problem. We only saw a console dev in our forums once. if they had been more present in all those months, most of the issues would have been fixed by now.
Stefano has been in there far more often but he's not responsible for the console and I'd oblivious to the problems when presented to him. The limbo bug should have been fixed months ago.

No, i'm talking about alessandro (nickname: apiva)
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ing-textures-shaders.42939/page-2#post-847380
he should be the main dev in the console team since 2014 (he worked for Rockstar Games between 2009 and 2012).

stefano, luca, pankykapus etc. handle the pc version, but not the console build. That's why, for example, Stefano said "passed the info to the ps4 dev"

Yeah I know, but pankykapus was the closest thing to a console dev I knew (he passes by the console forum when people reports graphic bugs). Stefano too

I don't think that's accurate.
I use the Logitech preset button layout and still have the rotation bug and I can replicate it.

@Georgeagea , oh really? I thought I only have it when I made a change (= change preset).

Anyway, the bug has been there a looooooooong time. I guess it's a case of No Intent to Fix.

I work in the software industry myself. I know how these things go. Decisions are mede by upper and middle managers. They allow the devs spend time on things or not.

And that makes this case even worse. But hey, it's a free world, I can choose which sim I play ;)

Anyway, the bug has been there a looooooooong time. I guess it's a case of No Intent to Fix.
one of the oldest issues (the headset audio glitch) has been reported since august 2016, only a few days after the game's launch. The audio guy at kunos (Luca) submitted it to the console team twice and it's still there. they're told to fix stuff, but they don't do anything.

That's the source of the problem. We only see a console dev in our forums once. if they had been more present in all those months, most of the issues would have been fixed by now.

I'm sure if Stefano and some of the other main guys had more involvement with the console updates & bug fixing, the game would be
Strange how they are repeating the previous announcement. I didn't notice anything new at first (version 1.18 part).

Apparently crash issue and Huayra BC shift glitch are fixed. Speedy work from Kunos!!

Yeah, but it's immersion breaking.

What a stupid decision not to fix that, especially if this is the very last updated we'll have.

What a stupid decision not to fix that, especially if this is the very last updated we'll have.
Don't think that it will be the last update , because we are still missing the 12 special events from the bonus pack 3...
They are in the PC version but not in the console version..

7rpq.jpg
7rpr.jpg

I'm trying to find what you're talking about. What is immersion breaking?

Back