Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
crashes are gone.

Issue with Alfa rev counter still there. Oh well
that's true, but understandable given the dev's explanation i posted in the previous page (334). curious to see if it's going to be an issue on xbox too. if it's not (or it was fixed in the meantime), then there's hope for another small patch that can take care of it.

There are some new livery issues in the game now.

The orange Porsche 911 GT3 RS appears red unless really close to the camera.
The light blue / orange stripe Porsche 917 K appears white unless really close to camera.

As you can tell, same pattern but I have no idea how many cars and liveries there are affected by this issue. In replays you can actually see how the colors fade in an out as the cars approach and move away from the camera.

I remember noticing the same problem with the Risi Competizione liveries for the Maserati MC12 months ago when it was added to the game. I haven't yet checked these MC12 liveries in version 1.19 though.

There are some new livery issues in the game now.

The orange Porsche 911 GT3 RS appears red unless really close to the camera.
The light blue / orange stripe Porsche 917 K appears white unless really close to camera.

As you can tell, same pattern but I have no idea how many cars and liveries there are affected by this issue. In replays you can actually see how the colors fade in an out as the cars approach and move away from the camera.

I remember noticing the same problem with the Risi Competizione liveries for the Maserati MC12 months ago when it was added to the game. I haven't yet checked these MC12 liveries in version 1.19 though.
Platypus or whatever his name is lol detailed why this was happening. The 812 superfast Dino livery is red when it should be orange-ish (havent checked if they fixed it). Both black liveries on the Alfa 4C and 488 are green, the FXXK black is also a dark green.

Platypus or whatever his name is lol detailed why this was happening. The 812 superfast Dino livery is red when it should be orange-ish (havent checked if they fixed it). Both black liveries on the Alfa 4C and 488 are green, the FXXK black is also a dark green.

Do you have have a link to his explanation? The strange thing is cars that were fine before the update are now broken, such as the orange Porsche 911 GT3 RS. And again, in this case the color changes depending on how away the car is from the camera. It appears to be a somewhat different issue compared to the liveries showing incorrect colors altogether.

Do you have have a link to his explanation? The strange thing is cars that were fine before the update are now broken, such as the orange Porsche 911 GT3 RS. And again, in this case the color changes depending on how away the car is from the camera. It appears to be a somewhat different issue compared to the liveries showing incorrect colors altogether.

From last page :

Sorry guys, but this is making me pull my hair out as well...
Essentially, the engine on the consoles does not read legacy .dds textures (i.e. non-alpha formats), if they are detected, they are automatically converted, however the conversion can break the actual diffuse output, as seen in cases where the dark grey appears red-ish or when the red colours appear fainter or even pink. Essentially in such cases the RGB texture information is crammed into just one channel. To circumvent this, we have started manually altering assets and do the conversion beforehand, but this time we face the original problem why we started using legacy formats to begin with (image tiling, green compression on black textures).
All in all, it is a choice between lesser evils at this stage.
I know this explanation does not improve your experience by one bit, but this is the reason why these issues continue to pop up, and I'm sorry you have to put up with it.

A few paintjobs were fixed by the last update (P1, Giulia). The 458 gt2, on the other hand, was partially fixed (no more textureless parts on the front-rear grills), but now the roll cage textures seem glitched, they clearly look worse than before. I also checked it out on xbox and it was all good.

Last edited:
Don’t know if anyone else has experienced this but I wanted to give the Quattro Group B a try so I started up the King of the Hill Special Event.

When I went to tune the car the game crashed on trying to access the hearing section of the tuning menu.

Pretty much the same issue that the F2004 used to have.

Don’t know if anyone else has experienced this but I wanted to give the Quattro Group B a try so I started up the King of the Hill Special Event.

When I went to tune the car the game crashed on trying to access the hearing section of the tuning menu.

Can confirm. Accessing the drivetrain tab crashes the game. Gonna report it on the official forums in a minute.

Last edited:

Can confirm. Accessing the drivetrain tab crashes the game. Gonna report it on the official forums in a minute.
oh no lol.

I'm not sure if already mentioned, but we can now change between gear sets 1 and 2 on the Ferrari 288 GTO. So this is in addition to the gear ratio settings the car had from day one.

From last page:

Oh, I already saw that. I thought @lancia delta hf was referring to something else.

A few paintjobs were fixed by the last update (P1, Giulia). The 458 gt2, on the other hand, was partially fixed (no more textureless parts on the front-rear grills), but now the roll cage textures seem glitched, they clearly look worse than before. I also checked it out on xbox and it was all good.

Yes, the Mazda MX-5 NA also seems to be partially fixed, i.e. better but I'd say the blue livery still looks a bit off (small nitpick). By the way, the dark blue MC12 liveries are still seriously glitched in 1.19.

If nobody else has already done it, please also report the multiple livery issues that persist and the new ones I exemplified above (911 GT3 RS, 917 K and MC12). There are probably more though. Sorry, I'd do it myself if I had an account over there.

Last edited:
Yes, the Mazda MX-5 NA also seems to be partially fixed, i.e. better but I'd say the blue livery still looks a bit of (small nitpick). By the way, the dark blue MC12 liveries are still seriously glitched in 1.19.

If nobody else has already done it, please also report the multiple livery issues that persist and the new ones I exemplified above (911 GT3 RS, 917 K and MC12). There are probably more though. Sorry, I'd do it myself if I had an account over there.

The problem with the MC12 (replays only?) was reported on the forums more than once and, from what I recall, a kunos dev saw it and said it was going to be fixed. Maybe he tried to reconvert the textures and something went wrong again. Same for the 812 and a few others liveries. Or the 458 roll cage:

pzTOPGo.jpg

it's supposed to be more white, matte, without weird reflections (look worse than the pic above can tell)

maxresdefault.jpg

Other than that, I tried the mc 570 yesterday that some people were discussing on the official forums a while ago and the compressed textures look pretty bad indeed. There are some dark spots on the leather around the side air vents and the center piece of the wheel.. very ugly.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
i posted the bugs @offical forum of AC and i really hope they fix it though.... really frustrating that they have so much problems with the PS4-Version
Edit: Just checked all liveries and just the 812 Superfast livery is fixed!

Last edited:
I also noticed that the dead textures in the Mazda 787B side mirrors haven't been fixed.

The problem with the MC12 (replays only?) was reported on the forums more than once and, from what I recall, a kunos dev saw it and said it was going to be fixed. Maybe he tried to reconvert the textures and something went wrong again. Same for the 812 and a few others liveries. Or the 458 roll cage:

The MC12 dark blue livery glitch is not only happening in replays, but it's usually easy to notice in replays because the livery color will change as the car approaches and moves away from close proximity of the camera. Again, same with the orange 911 GT3 RS and light blue Gulf-inspired 917 K.

This is really good news.

Yes. If only it was clear what these settings are supposed to represent. However, gear set 2 with the default ratios seem closer to how the car is simulated in other games, whereas the default ratios on gear set 1 always seemed awfully long.

@Donnced They have fixed the damage App stutter. Tried it repeatedly on Highlands short in race weekend.

Also we now have a black Celica Repsol livery lol.

I also noticed that the dead textures in the Mazda 787B side mirrors haven't been fixed.

The MC12 dark blue livery glitch is not only happening in replays, but it's usually easy to notice in replays because the livery color will change as the car approaches and moves away from close proximity of the camera. Again, same with the orange 911 GT3 RS and light blue Gulf-inspired 917 K.

Yes. If only it was clear what these settings are supposed to represent. However, gear set 2 with the default ratios seem closer to how the car is simulated in other games, whereas the default ratios on gear set 1 always seemed awfully long.
One is the US gearing. The 5th gear is the drive geat, it was to meet fuel regulations.

@Donnced They have fixed the damage App stutter. Tried it repeatedly on Highlands short in race weekend.

Wow, nice to know that!
About time that they finally fixed the stuttering when you were taking damage.

Still didn't try out the last 1.19 update, cause I'm playing around with the 4.0 update from pcars2 that also quite improved the game.

Tomorrow for sure I will be a bit on assetto laping the alfa Romeo stradale 33... Just loved that little car..

And will take a look at the black repsol livery...xD

Edit: Just checked all liveries and just the 812 Superfast livery is fixed!

I'm quite sure all the Ferrari 812 liveries have not been fixed. To my eyes the Rosso Corsa livery still looks exactly like the default red.

And the black Toyota Supra has become dark navy green.

The Bonus Pack 3 update promised to fix livery problems, but right now there seems to be more broken liveries than ever before. :boggled:

One is the US gearing. The 5th gear is the drive geat, it was to meet fuel regulations.

Ok, thanks.

Really sad to see how many liveries are glitched..... what did they do with the Bonus Pack 3 update?! Most of the things were better before this update!

Kunos will to make sure that every car and livery combination works as intended. I don't care if it will take them a month to get it right. They cannot release AC Ultimate Edition with this 🤬 going on.

Other than that, I tried the mc 570 yesterday that some people were discussing on the official forums a while ago and the compressed textures look pretty bad indeed. There are some dark spots on the leather around the side air vents and the center piece of the wheel.. very ugly.
Does the Xbox version have the same issue?

Does the Xbox version have the same issue?
no idea, really.. i quickly search for videos on youtube but i found none on xbox. maybe someone around here with the xb1 version may help..

Kunos will to make sure that every car and livery combination works as intended. I don't care if it will take them a month to get it right. They cannot release AC Ultimate Edition with this 🤬 going on.
call me pessimistic, i don't think we'll ever get a completely bug-free experience in assetto.

Back