Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Of course it doesn't work. Its an Italian car.

11935088_502327576592013_508127552554708324_n.jpg

-Corvette C7R in practice / hotlap mode = OK.

-Choosing Corvette C7R in a quick race, race weekend or championship setting "same class" causes game crash.

-Porsche 919 LMP1-H 2016 causes game crash in any game mode.

-Pagani Huayra BC up shift bug fixed.

-Logitech G29 Rotation (DOR) bug still present.

-Choosing Corvette C7R in a quick race, race weekend or championship setting "same class" causes game crash.

I saw some people on the official forums talking about a so called "limbo bug" for online racing. What's that? Did they fix it in 1.18?

Wait until everyone finds out the car doesnt have any keys haha.

Amazing! :banghead:

Meanwhile, life is good running version 1.16. :D

Not a viable solution, but for anyone who wants who play, you can delete your save and the C7R ( or play on a new account). But the Porsche still crashes the game.

Were people really expecting fixes for other stuff this quick? We waited 3 months for the f2004 crash to be fixed.

I saw some people on the official forums talking about a so called "limbo bug" for online racing. What's that? Did they fix it in 1.18?
Particularly on the ring, when qualifying ends the race never starts. I think it waits for a certain percentage of players to put in a clean time. Not sure if it has been fixed but I highly doubt it as it isn't in the patch notes, nor have they put a stop to the complaints of this problem.

Oops! I gave them the benefit of the doubt & upgraded to 1.18. Mind you, I hardly play the game anymore, so...

Wait until everyone finds out the car doesnt have any keys haha.

Not a viable solution, but for anyone who wants who play, you can delete your save and the C7R ( or play on a new account). But the Porsche still crashes the game.

Were people really expecting fixes for other stuff this quick? We waited 3 months for the f2004 crash to be fixed.

Particularly on the ring, when qualifying ends the race never starts. I think it waits for a certain percentage of players to put in a clean time. Not sure if it has been fixed but I highly doubt it as it isn't in the patch notes, nor have they put a stop to the complaints of this problem.

Well, the C7R in practice or hotlap mode is now OK , but if you choose the car in a race and set "same class" the game crashes...

And yes, Porsche 919 LMP1-H 2016 is completely wasted :guilty:

Will have to play avoiding the C7R and Porsche awaiting the 1.19 hotfix :D

Yeah I know, but pankykapus was the closest thing to a console dev I knew (he passes by the console forum when people reports graphic bugs). Stefano too
Pankykapus is awesome. He's the guy who got the 911 Turbo S completed in under a week. It's nice that he cares enough to follow the console version forums since cars he made are in the console version - but it is beyond f'ed that he's not allowed to see a problem, take 20-30 minutes to fix it and have it on your consoles the next day. It's a freakin' asset for gods sake! There isn't code in side the car that is going to take down PSN. :rolleyes:

Don't think that it will be the last update , because we are still missing the 12 special events from the bonus pack 3...
They are in the PC version but not in the console version..
Hasn't it been that like that since the first update? I seem to remember a lot of posts talking about the lack of special events and then they arrive a week later. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...I just have this strange feeling that's how it's always been. I'm not saying it's right. It sucks. But I think it sucks 10,000 times more all the bugs and broken bits with the console version. :(

Well, the C7R in practice or hotlap mode is now OK , but if you choose the car in a race and set "same class" the game crashes...

And yes, Porsche 919 LMP1-H 2016 is completely wasted :guilty:

Will have to play avoiding the C7R and Porsche awaiting the 1.19 hotfix :D
I tried that after I deleted save and it worked fine. Porsche crashes every time.

Is it just on Laguna Seca that cars are crashing the game? Or does it happen to almost every track & car? I remember reading someone's post saying he couldn't drive the new Laguna Seca because of a bug. I got curious, so I thought I would ask you guys.

Is it just on Laguna Seca that cars are crashing the game? Or does it happen to almost every track & car? I remember reading someone's post saying he couldn't drive the new Laguna Seca because of a bug. I got curious, so I thought I would ask you guys.
Porsche 919 LMP1-H make game crash on any track, not only laguna...
And same for the C7R in any race if you have set "same class" oponents.

And about the special events... The first updates they came with the update and dlc like the PC version, they started to put them in later with Porsche pack 2.. Ready to race dlc and Ferrari came again together like on PC version

I tried that after I deleted save and it worked fine. Porsche crashes every time.

I don't gonna delete my save file, have practically all races of career mode done and a lot of special events..

It's up to kunos to fix what they have broken down , but thanks anyway for the info :cheers:

Porsche 919 LMP1-H make game crash on any track, not only laguna...
And same for the C7R in any race if you have set "same class" oponents.

And about the special events... The first updates they came with the update and dlc like the PC version, they started to put them in later with Porsche pack 2.. Ready to race dlc and Ferrari came again together like on PC version

I don't gonna delete my save file, have practically all races of career mode done and a lot of special events..

It's up to kunos to fix what they have broken down , but thanks anyway for the info :cheers:
I didn't actually delete my save. I deleted a game save on a 2nd account just to check.

Didn't know 3d models could be done so quickly. I know porsche gave them the necessary CAD data but still...

True, even if that's easier said than done.
You're exactly right...that's why it's a remarkable thing he did. I wish I could find the post from either Stefano or Aristotelis where they said that about the 911 Turbo S.

I spent about 4 hours total playing today, (PS4) mostly the new cars. Never had trouble/crashes. Observations:

- I think that Alfa 33 is the closest thing to the tuned out S2000 of my dreams in the game so far.

- The Alfa Giulia is really easy to drive fast, quite fun, but too quiet. The digital tach bug made me lol once I realized what was happening - I totally forgot about it until I found myself asking “what is that little yellow thing that keeps popping up?”

- The Performante is pretty quick

- Sesto bounces around too much on the ring but is fun. I don’t tune!

- the Maseratis scream, but in the case of the quattroporte maybe too much. I feel like its engine note should be a little more subdued. Its exactly like the GT4 now.

I spent about 4 hours total playing today, (PS4) mostly the new cars. Never had trouble/crashes. Observations:

- I think that Alfa 33 is the closest thing to the tuned out S2000 of my dreams in the game so far.

- The Alfa Giulia is really easy to drive fast, quite fun, but too quiet. The digital tach bug made me lol once I realized what was happening - I totally forgot about it until I found myself asking “what is that little yellow thing that keeps popping up?”

- The Performante is pretty quick

- Sesto bounces around too much on the ring but is fun. I don’t tune!

- the Maseratis scream, but in the case of the quattroporte maybe too much. I feel like its engine note should be a little more subdued. Its exactly like the GT4 now.
I was a little bit disappointed with the Sesto Elemento. I'm sure it's 95% me pushing it at the wrong place and at the wrong time... As you said, it just feels really stiff and tough to keep settled.

I was a little bit disappointed with the Sesto Elemento. I'm sure it's 95% me pushing it at the wrong place and at the wrong time... As you said, it just feels really stiff and tough to keep settled.
It's stiff because the suspension was not developed and was lowered for car sh0ws.

Yeah, but it's immersion breaking.

What a stupid decision not to fix that, especially if this is the very last updated we'll have.

From pankykapus :

Sorry guys, but this is making me pull my hair out as well...
Essentially, the engine on the consoles does not read legacy .dds textures (i.e. non-alpha formats), if they are detected, they are automatically converted, however the conversion can break the actual diffuse output, as seen in cases where the dark grey appears red-ish or when the red colours appear fainter or even pink. Essentially in such cases the RGB texture information is crammed into just one channel. To circumvent this, we have started manually altering assets and do the conversion beforehand, but this time we face the original problem why we started using legacy formats to begin with (image tiling, green compression on black textures).
All in all, it is a choice between lesser evils at this stage.

I know this explanation does not improve your experience by one bit, but this is the reason why these issues continue to pop up, and I'm sorry you have to put up with it.

In any case, the Mclaren GTR skin has been fixed for a later update, as well as some of the paint issues with the Giulia and the Maserati.
Unfortunately we have 0 clue what's causing the Giulia gear indicator not going all the way, so this remains a known issue for now. In other instances this piece of script works without problems on the consoles, the asset also works correctly on the PC, my hands are tied beyond this point.

////

TLDR
- there will be a later update
- some liveries should be fixed by that patch
- they still need to figure out how to fix the giulia dashboard

From pankykapus :

Sorry guys, but this is making me pull my hair out as well...
Essentially, the engine on the consoles does not read legacy .dds textures (i.e. non-alpha formats), if they are detected, they are automatically converted, however the conversion can break the actual diffuse output, as seen in cases where the dark grey appears red-ish or when the red colours appear fainter or even pink. Essentially in such cases the RGB texture information is crammed into just one channel. To circumvent this, we have started manually altering assets and do the conversion beforehand, but this time we face the original problem why we started using legacy formats to begin with (image tiling, green compression on black textures).
All in all, it is a choice between lesser evils at this stage.

I know this explanation does not improve your experience by one bit, but this is the reason why these issues continue to pop up, and I'm sorry you have to put up with it.

In any case, the Mclaren GTR skin has been fixed for a later update, as well as some of the paint issues with the Giulia and the Maserati.
Unfortunately we have 0 clue what's causing the Giulia gear indicator not going all the way, so this remains a known issue for now. In other instances this piece of script works without problems on the consoles, the asset also works correctly on the PC, my hands are tied beyond this point.

////

TLDR
- there will be a later update
- some liveries should be fixed by that patch
- they still need to figure out how to fix the giulia dashboard
And here I was thinking it was something very simple to fix... I'll also take back what I said, as it obviously wasn't just a simple matter of making a decision.

Thanks for sharing that.

I'm pretty sure everybody knows that I am on the side of console users...I think it sucks so much that you've had to put up with so many problems, broken features, missing (from PC version) features, etc. So, I'm not trying to offend any console user who's gone through what you all have had to endure...but, I love epic forum user meltdowns. He started off making fantastic points, but then lost his mind for some reason:

YES! I AM a very ANGRY long time sufferer of the dismal support this gamer has gotten in my case Xbox One. Game crippling bugs that get WORSE with every update, DLC and Updates that are MONTHS behind PC releases and absolutely NO EXPLANATIONS from Kunos. Did you learn this from Turn 10? Forza Motorsport 7 has been a disaster for them and you should LEARN from this. Like AC it's not a bad game in single player but multiplayer truly is a disaster.

I am completely INSULTED you announce what appears to be the final release of AC with Ultimate and the game is still not even close to the PC version in either functionality or bug fixes. On Xbox the Ferrari DLC is still a total mess and we have YET to see the latest DLC but with the reports on PS4 that is probably a good thing. I feel this game is in the same league as Project Cars 1 that had so much promise but no delivery and was STILL heavily bugged when PC 2 was announced. Is that your plan? I'm not in and won't be until AC 2 is completely stable on console.

Since consoles are now PC's and I know for a fact that what is developed for PC is easily adaptable to Xbox One with Microsoft's PC Development tools since after all, they are BOTH Win 10 PC platforms supported by a single development platform. With so many games on Xbox One supporting PC Mods I feel there is NO excuse that this shouldn't be in AC 2 AT RELEASE!

Let's make some some current comparisons. Project Cars 2 releases bug fixes and DLC on the SAME day on consoles and PC and yes I'm aware the latest bug fix was delayed on console but they TOLD us WHY it was delayed. Communication! It's soon to be a Multi-platform game so I will be able to race PC Players. Take note. You NEED this on AC 2. Project Cars 2 with the latest update is truly an equal of AC and they've done a HUGE amount of bug fixes since release, why haven't you released any at all lately? PLEASE QUIT BLAMING the Microsoft Certification Process. If it works, it passes QUICKLY for release and the exception is September through November where the sheer volume for Christmas CAN and does overload the system. I know, I've worked there! No PIPPO10, you can't have my info. I'm on good terms with my former workers and I'm a contractor who may decide I want to put up with Seattle again.

I'm a Die Hard Sim Racer and I've been racing since the very first PC racing games came out and my very first wheel was a CH Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals to race World Circuit because there were NO wheels yet. When I worked for Intel I helped Thrustmaster develop their very first wheel because then they were an American company in Beaverton Oregon. I've been doing this a VERY long time. You had Xbox wheels because I worked on the Microsoft 360 wheel and also worked with Fanatec on the Porsche wheel and qualified both. I have raced my whole life and started in quarter midgets and moved up to SCCA Class F racing Triumph Spitfires. I have owned two Ferrari's, a Group C Prototype and an Indy Car and actually know how to set up a race car and race it. I actually know how a race car should feel on the track.

Let me end this on a POSITIVE note. I don't HATE AC and feel it is has been by far the best Console Sim out there but the support has been dismal AT BEST as has been the attention to ensure DLC actually works and Online truly sucks. I don't know if this is 505 or Kunos's failure but you HAVE to fix it. If Ultimate comes out in the current games state the reviewers will absolutely shred it and the You Tubers will show it. You really need to quit treating consoles as the hated step child to the PC. I for one just HATE the PC Eliteism that exists against Console Sim Racers including the companies that produce the games. Are we a smaller market? I believe Forza 7 proved we aren't.

I love AC but I WILL NOT accept the excuses people give in the forums for your lack of attention and lack of communication. This is MY opinion as a customer of Kunos Simulazion and 505 Games and my concerns PRIOR to you moving on from AC. I fully expect this thread to be removed but, I've had my say and I'm sure there are other fans and customers who feel the same.

The main reason I posted this rant is because of his statement suggesting that porting the game to console is an easy process since "consoles are actually PC's now". As Pankykapus points out, because Assetto Corsa was built with no thought of appearing on the consoles one day, a simple thing like legacy .dds files can't even transfer from PC to Console without some issues arising.

If there is going to be an Assetto Corsa 2 my money is on Kunos blowing up the core of AC 1 and starting over WITH console versions in mind. I wonder which Ferrari's and Group C car that dude owned? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure everybody knows that I am on the side of console users...I think it sucks so much that you've had to put up with so many problems, broken features, missing (from PC version) features, etc. So, I'm not trying to offend any console user who's gone through what you all have had to endure...but, I love epic forum user meltdowns. He started off making fantastic points, but then lost his mind for some reason:

YES! I AM a very ANGRY long time sufferer of the dismal support this gamer has gotten in my case Xbox One. Game crippling bugs that get WORSE with every update, DLC and Updates that are MONTHS behind PC releases and absolutely NO EXPLANATIONS from Kunos. Did you learn this from Turn 10? Forza Motorsport 7 has been a disaster for them and you should LEARN from this. Like AC it's not a bad game in single player but multiplayer truly is a disaster.

I am completely INSULTED you announce what appears to be the final release of AC with Ultimate and the game is still not even close to the PC version in either functionality or bug fixes. On Xbox the Ferrari DLC is still a total mess and we have YET to see the latest DLC but with the reports on PS4 that is probably a good thing. I feel this game is in the same league as Project Cars 1 that had so much promise but no delivery and was STILL heavily bugged when PC 2 was announced. Is that your plan? I'm not in and won't be until AC 2 is completely stable on console.

Since consoles are now PC's and I know for a fact that what is developed for PC is easily adaptable to Xbox One with Microsoft's PC Development tools since after all, they are BOTH Win 10 PC platforms supported by a single development platform. With so many games on Xbox One supporting PC Mods I feel there is NO excuse that this shouldn't be in AC 2 AT RELEASE!

Let's make some some current comparisons. Project Cars 2 releases bug fixes and DLC on the SAME day on consoles and PC and yes I'm aware the latest bug fix was delayed on console but they TOLD us WHY it was delayed. Communication! It's soon to be a Multi-platform game so I will be able to race PC Players. Take note. You NEED this on AC 2. Project Cars 2 with the latest update is truly an equal of AC and they've done a HUGE amount of bug fixes since release, why haven't you released any at all lately? PLEASE QUIT BLAMING the Microsoft Certification Process. If it works, it passes QUICKLY for release and the exception is September through November where the sheer volume for Christmas CAN and does overload the system. I know, I've worked there! No PIPPO10, you can't have my info. I'm on good terms with my former workers and I'm a contractor who may decide I want to put up with Seattle again.

I'm a Die Hard Sim Racer and I've been racing since the very first PC racing games came out and my very first wheel was a CH Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals to race World Circuit because there were NO wheels yet. When I worked for Intel I helped Thrustmaster develop their very first wheel because then they were an American company in Beaverton Oregon. I've been doing this a VERY long time. You had Xbox wheels because I worked on the Microsoft 360 wheel and also worked with Fanatec on the Porsche wheel and qualified both. I have raced my whole life and started in quarter midgets and moved up to SCCA Class F racing Triumph Spitfires. I have owned two Ferrari's, a Group C Prototype and an Indy Car and actually know how to set up a race car and race it. I actually know how a race car should feel on the track.

Let me end this on a POSITIVE note. I don't HATE AC and feel it is has been by far the best Console Sim out there but the support has been dismal AT BEST as has been the attention to ensure DLC actually works and Online truly sucks. I don't know if this is 505 or Kunos's failure but you HAVE to fix it. If Ultimate comes out in the current games state the reviewers will absolutely shred it and the You Tubers will show it. You really need to quit treating consoles as the hated step child to the PC. I for one just HATE the PC Eliteism that exists against Console Sim Racers including the companies that produce the games. Are we a smaller market? I believe Forza 7 proved we aren't.

I love AC but I WILL NOT accept the excuses people give in the forums for your lack of attention and lack of communication. This is MY opinion as a customer of Kunos Simulazion and 505 Games and my concerns PRIOR to you moving on from AC. I fully expect this thread to be removed but, I've had my say and I'm sure there are other fans and customers who feel the same.

The main reason I posted this rant is because of his statement suggesting that porting the game to console is an easy process since "consoles are actually PC's now". As Pankykapus points out, because Assetto Corsa was built with no thought of appearing on the consoles one day, a simple thing like legacy .dds files can't even transfer from PC to Console without some issues arising.

If there is going to be an Assetto Corsa 2 my money is on Kunos blowing up the core of AC 1 and starting over WITH console versions in mind. I wonder which Ferrari's and Group C car that dude owned? :rolleyes:
I read that but couldn't be arsed to reply to it because he clearly knows how software development works. As proven by his pcars gets PC and console updates on the same day. There's only one way for that to happen. Of course he has some points but his expectation that Kunos do better than Turn 10 is crazy logic.

a simple thing like legacy .dds files can't even transfer from PC to Console without some issues arising.
unfortunately on ps4 we always had to deal with issues like this: broken, glitched textures, liveries that change colors and shows gfx artifacts etc.

Back