Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
I've tried many times and just can't get on with it. I heel+toe in my real car every day and have for years (in a number of different cars) but I use the pinky toe method instead of the heel method and I just can't make that method work on my CSP V3s. I can do it on the sim but it's clumsy and I'm many seconds a lap slower so I just don't bother unfortunately.

I also use the heel of my foot on the brake while i slide the top of my foot over to the right to blip the throttle in most real cars and my daily driver.

For sim racing - I ended up putting larger pedal plates on my T3PA-pros and I am able to use the toe on the brake while rolling my heel over to my gas to blip it. They are really close together though.

I also use the heel of my foot on the brake while i slide the top of my foot over to the right to blip the throttle in most real cars and my daily driver.

For sim racing - I ended up putting larger pedal plates on my T3PA-pros and I am able to use the toe on the brake while rolling my heel over to my gas to blip it. They are really close together though.

For me it's not so much the positioning that's the problem, I have them positioned almost identical to my real car. The problem is that I can't keep a steady pressure on the brake pedal because it's stiffer than my real brake pedal and I have to push the throttle much further in order to get it to blip enough. In my real car(s) just a little blip is enough to rev the engine a couple thousand RPM but on my CSPs a little blip doesn't even really register, I need to push it about half way down in order to get enough blip and that leads to some clumsy foot gymnastics which makes for unsmooth driving.

Glad I heel and toe all changes in cars with a manual box, managed to miss this problem.
I play with a Dualshock 4 and I have always kept autoblip and clutch ON, because I've been told those assists were supposed to be turned off only by wheel users. Couldn't find the time in the past days to try the 250 GTO without auto blipping. I'm sure it will feel a bit weird with a gamepad, instead of a proper wheel & pedals setup.

Well, good news, they did a fix and all textures and glitches will be fixed for next update said by a developer

View attachment 719607
wonder if that includes a fix for the 787b's mirrors?

For me it's not so much the positioning that's the problem, I have them positioned almost identical to my real car. The problem is that I can't keep a steady pressure on the brake pedal because it's stiffer than my real brake pedal and I have to push the throttle much further in order to get it to blip enough. In my real car(s) just a little blip is enough to rev the engine a couple thousand RPM but on my CSPs a little blip doesn't even really register, I need to push it about half way down in order to get enough blip and that leads to some clumsy foot gymnastics which makes for unsmooth driving.

Interesting.. yeah I have never used a load cell so I don't know what it is like. That would drive me nuts though.. I messed around with my T3PA-pros a lot so that I could get it setup for easy heel/toe. I also had to relearn it when I put a bjj sim racing conical brake mod on there much closer than I had the original. Took me awhile.

This is what my pedals look like (old picture but basically the same with more screws holding the plates down).. huge brake pedal and large gas pedal with the tab sticking out on the bottom where my heel hits it.

H7hZRSqewQzAhHw_lj4KT8jjAmqGT5wAsd-jf8U-Empe6wEDqnSNVElDAoitMBtT9bEDlhjjUuCVxKlxW7eIA7ShbAswdakQMo-SDUt_cDZSmTWIvap52v_UqaMvO-ccQ7tWWYPFjsY15JYIBpi7UgOYAMxSQrxcbDlM1coM8j70sNwVimmArR4ECDDzp_hEBdtNCXUpUH47OkN-KOmY3XBAF9c-9OFjbBtGGVt_fCc8SThS4KtBympOKyC5BMMiMA07bcDkFDK9kD79StCrcmjYzzxmXJSt8YwEMBU_wj0AzHN0d-TwFeoHhIxV_8SBYCT9C75H3eL-6aZUWKvkgeiUU9aFkt3a1ehoGrUa4fUXjuzq4xC4UW_cJtT5cj0BZxbMeeTGmHjC2BdLJq1nwlYrwSDjV3RGUFywXFqLv03wfDfMyGJ7rSlQlhx6iWPc_2EooC3bLXYX09-RqUmPObUTqKu8Y_iBPVQwndY4TLCB8eSGsCvDotBYc9NS4ruMp20QLCeMgGjkNJOSVwCTAnnfP0697pkpDgyuBLjPJxPOZ-6daszNtAnI4BNJcQgLoA2YAnMzvCxdMgY-0ztq5LFMbFKbu4PbCyaDCK6c=w932-h375-no

Last edited:
I use t3pa pedals and find heel and toe quite easy. I put the ball of my foot (where my toes attach) on the brake and can achieve constant pressure whilst turning my foot sideways and dropping my heel into the throttle. I can get as much blip as I want this way.

I made this vid for a bit of fun (and too convince my dad to get AC!) - you can just about see the h&t on braking and downshift.

Last edited:
I play with a Dualshock 4 and I have always kept autoblip and clutch ON, because I've been told those assists were supposed to be turned off only by wheel users. Couldn't find the time in the past days to try the 250 GTO without auto blipping. I'm sure it will feel a bit weird with a gamepad, instead of a proper wheel & pedals setup.

Do at least consider having auto clutch on and auto blip off, which is how I drive using the DS4. I haven't yet found the courage to operate the clutch on a gamepad, if that's even possible.

Just lift the throttle when shifting and familiarize yourself with the window in which the car operates the clutch automatically. It takes a little getting used to but soon you'll master those manual throttle blips with a fair amount of confidence. It really adds depth to driving cars fitted with manual transmissions. You don't even have to change the assist back to "auto-blip on" when driving a car fitted with paddle shifters because the game is clever enough to not let the assist interfere with cars for which it doesn't apply, which also includes the small handful of manual cars simulating an electronic device blipping the throttle by itself when downshifting (Porsche 911 R being one of them).

update from pankykapus: " At the moment I don't know what could cause it but we'll check. "

about the giulia dash: "Still investigating."

"All this work is done in preparation for the Ultimate edition, so please don't expect it any sooner."

Nice.

What did I tell you? :sly:

Last edited:
Do at least consider having auto clutch on and auto blip off, which is how I drive using the DS4. I haven't yet found the courage to operate the clutch on a gamepad, if that's even possible.
I don't think that's possible, since the clutch cannot be assigned to any button.

What did I tell you? :sly:
You were right, just like a friend of mine. Problem is I had a bet with him. I said 'if Kunos fixes all those problems, I'm gonna buy GTS'. Now I have to keep that promise :lol:

I still think you will probably get to keep your cash in your pocket @DatNoiseV12. Unfortunately I think there are too many shortcomings for them all to be fixed for this so called "Ultimate edition".

I think he was referring to all the new paint and livery issues we have been discussing over the past week. The developer getting back to us on this matter has repeatedly said he is only able to fix graphics-related issues.

Ah. OK then. I was just hoping to reassure him that I think his money is still safe if the bet was wider ranging than just fixing the visual bugs as opposed to the ones that actually effect gameplay.

A pity that a colleague of Pankykapus hasn't popped his head round the door to mention a fix for any of those.

I think he was referring to all the new paint and livery issues we have been discussing over the past week. The developer getting back to us on this matter has repeatedly said he is only able to fix graphics-related issues.
That's what I was talking about: graphical issues with paintjobs, mirrors etc.

A pity that a colleague of Pankykapus hasn't popped his head round the door to mention a fix for any of those.
That would have been great. We really need someone that can take care of other issues.

One thing that really sucks is how console players have to deal with 505Games while many glitches that were discovered on the PC side could be responded to by Aris or Stefano or Pankykapus or whomever...That doesn't mean we PC players never had to wait for quite a while before an acknowledgement was made, but I think it's much worse for console players.

I always think of that old gag routine where a man walks into a butcher or deli shop and while it's just he and the proprietor, when the man tries to order he is ignored...eventually the proprietor points to the sign that says "Serving #6" and makes the man grab a service ticket before he will oblige the customer. I didn't spend much time in the console forums at all, but whenever I would see something like, "Hey thanks for bringing that to our attention...Please, fill out the official bug report so we can get to work on that right away..." I wanted to reply, "For 🤬 sake man...He just told you!", but I thought to myself, 'If I'm going to get banned from the official forums I'm going to make sure it's a memorable meltdown...no way am I getting banned due to the console forums.' :sly:

It sucks not having a manual shifter & clutch pedal. I've locked my rear-end more times than I like to admit...especially in the Porsche 962. :grumpy: As someone pointed out, then we have cars like the McLaren F1 GTR that "blip" to freakin' redline just about. :lol:

I know I'm a little late to the party but am thinking of picking up the ultimate edition in April. It'll most likely be for the offline content so my question being, has the offline content got plenty to do? Also, is it challenging?

Last edited:
I know I'm a little late to the party but am thinking of picking up the ultimate edition in April. It'll most likely be for the offline content so my question being, has the offline content got plenty to do? Also, is it challenging?
Quick race any car any track with AI that is easy or very hard to beat depending on setting. Best to use same car rather than class as classes are not well thought out.

Race weekend with practice, qualifying and race. Same car recommended as above

Championships with individual AI car and livery selectable.

Pretty much take it or leave it on Career mode.

There are quite a lot of special events to do.

One thing that really sucks is how console players have to deal with 505Games while many glitches that were discovered on the PC side could be responded to by Aris or Stefano or Pankykapus or whomever...That doesn't mean we PC players never had to wait for quite a while before an acknowledgement was made, but I think it's much worse for console players.

I always think of that old gag routine where a man walks into a butcher or deli shop and while it's just he and the proprietor, when the man tries to order he is ignored...eventually the proprietor points to the sign that says "Serving #6" and makes the man grab a service ticket before he will oblige the customer. I didn't spend much time in the console forums at all, but whenever I would see something like, "Hey thanks for bringing that to our attention...Please, fill out the official bug report so we can get to work on that right away..." I wanted to reply, "For 🤬 sake man...He just told you!", but I thought to myself, 'If I'm going to get banned from the official forums I'm going to make sure it's a memorable meltdown...no way am I getting banned due to the console forums.' :sly:

It sucks not having a manual shifter & clutch pedal. I've locked my rear-end more times than I like to admit...especially in the Porsche 962. :grumpy: As someone pointed out, then we have cars like the McLaren F1 GTR that "blip" to freakin' redline just about. :lol:
The problem in a nutshell. We don't need anyone or anything between us and the developers. That's how it works on pc, that's how it should work on consoles too.

By the way, about the upshift/downshift issues: even with those, ac is way better than gts (bought it and currently playing it), where they're not as smooth and quick. Maybe i'm doing something wrong or there's some setting i need to turn off. No idea right now.

There's plenty to do if you can appreciate the deep and immersive driving simulation for what it is. Racing against the AI works very good as well. Don't expect a mainstream racing game clone, but I'd actually say this works to AC's advantage. Nothing on consoles nails driving this good if you ask me, and the car and track list is rather impressive when you consider how much attention the developers put into everything that matters.

I wouldn't say it's challenging unless you mess up the settings for your gamepad or steering wheel. The simulation is rewarding and punishing, depending on how you drive of course.

By the way, about the upshift/downshift issues: even with those, ac is way better than gts (bought it and currently playing it), where they're not as smooth and quick. Maybe i'm doing something wrong or there's some setting i need to turn off. No idea right now.

Shifting is indeed weird in GTS and I have also been wondering whether I'm doing something wrong. It's almost like PD tried to simulate a 89 year old person operating the clutch. :boggled:

Last edited:
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm here if track conditions change during a Hot Lap session in terms of track temperature and grip?

So I've been thinking about picking up AC on ps4 when the ultimate edition comes out, but I watched/read some reviews that highlighted some issues in the game, granted they were older and I'm assuming before any patches came out. Is the game fairly bug free at this point as far as gameplay and screen tearing goes? If this has been posted about before, I'm sorry. I spend most of my time here in the GTS fourm (fight me lol)

Fairly bug free is a very good description I would say. No more or less than GTS or any other game really. Never had any screen tearing myself. If you have a wheel and think you would enjoy the sense of actually "driving" all those gorgeous cars around some extremely accurately rendered tracks I would say it's an absolute no brainer. It is much more a driving simulation for console than a game but personally I am totally fine with that niche.

So I've been thinking about picking up AC on ps4 when the ultimate edition comes out, but I watched/read some reviews that highlighted some issues in the game, granted they were older and I'm assuming before any patches came out. Is the game fairly bug free at this point as far as gameplay and screen tearing goes? If this has been posted about before, I'm sorry. I spend most of my time here in the GTS fourm (fight me lol)

The console version has improved a lot since release. The screen tearing was solved in one of the first updates and I haven't experienced any noteworthy gameplay issues myself. PS4 players are currently holding their breath for a patch which was supposed to fix some livery problems introduced in the latest update. It was promised that it would more or less coincide with the release of the Ultimate Edition.

Latest Posts

Back