Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Questions for Fanatec CSL Elite Ps4 users: Is your wheel always perfectly matched with virtual in-game wheel or do you have mild off center? Mine is often just couple degrees off max & center readjusting is temporary fix for X amount of laps.

Just get your controller settings right and it will be perfectly playable as long as you have a mindful thumb.

what are the best settings for a PS4 DualShock? I tried many suggested settings, and tried to adjust it to my own likings, but still the car seems to "float" around the track, it's not responsive and the controls are never sharp and accurate but laggy and slow.

what are the best settings for a PS4 DualShock? I tried many suggested settings, and tried to adjust it to my own likings, but still the car seems to "float" around the track, it's not responsive and the controls are never sharp and accurate but laggy and slow.

In my opinion?

Speed sensitivity: 0%
Steering speed: 9%
Steering deadzone: 0%
Steering filter: 0%
Steering gamma: 3.0

What I like about these setting is that I can control pretty much every aspect of the driving without feeling dampened by various controller assists. Turn in during cornering feels natural as long as the steering input is progressive rather than sudden. Same goes for countersteering in most situations where you want to correct slides. The progressiveness of the input is key to balancing the car and a subtle tap back to the center will then usually be enough to get back to full traction. The edge of traction translates very well.

Experiment with the steering speed if 9% is too slow for you, but I'd say anything above 11% becomes too twitchy. Oh, and I use the dashboard view because the steering wheel animation in AC becomes rather distracting when using a gamepad.

Last edited:
In my opinion?

Speed sensitivity: 0%
Steering speed: 9%
Steering deadzone: 0%
Steering filter: 0%
Steering gamma: 3.0

What I like about these setting is that I can control pretty much every aspect of the driving without feeling dampened by various controller assists. Turn in during cornering feels natural as long as the steering input is progressive rather than sudden. Same goes for countersteering in most situations where you want to correct slides. The progressiveness of the input is key to balancing the car and a subtle tab in the opposite direction will then usually be enough to get back to full traction. The edge of traction translates very well.

Experiment with the steering speed if 9% is too slow for you, but I'd say anything above 11% becomes too twitchy. Oh, and I use the dashboard view because the steering wheel animation in AC becomes rather distracting when using a gamepad.

thanks! I will give these values a try asap, even if steering speed seems too slow for me, I tried very low steering speeds and I was almost unable to steer at all at slow speed; however, maybe with gamma 3 this behaviour changes.

Also, I prefer playing with bumper camera, and with the 3rd person view cameras, but the 3rd person cameras in Assetto Corsa are awful, the car is fixed and the trak moves around it: do you know if the camera settings can be modified?

thanks! I will give these values a try asap, even if steering speed seems too slow for me, I tried very low steering speeds and I was almost unable to steer at all at slow speed; however, maybe with gamma 3 this behaviour changes.

I find these settings to be very responsive. That's why it's so important to steer progressively and not make sudden taps unless required in some specific situation.

Also, I prefer playing with bumper camera, and with the 3rd person view cameras, but the 3rd person cameras in Assetto Corsa are awful, the car is fixed and the trak moves around it: do you know if the camera settings can be modified?

I like the dashboard camera because it the instruments are in plain sight, and thereby I don't have to rely on the HUD. One not so obvious thing to keep in mind is that FOV degree adjustments made under 'adjust cockpit view' on the pause screen also have an influence the dashboard view, which can be useful when some default dashboard view feels off. FOV settings around 57-59 degrees usually work well with the dashboard view. I agree that the chase camera is quite useless in AC, but I don't think this view can be modified.

I prefer to buy physical copies rather than digital downloads... Is the Ultimate Edition going to be shipped on DVD for PS4, or am I stuck with having to d/l it from the PS Store?

I am finding no reference in the US to a disk version....

I prefer to buy physical copies rather than digital downloads... Is the Ultimate Edition going to be shipped on DVD for PS4, or am I stuck with having to d/l it from the PS Store?

I am finding no reference in the US to a disk version....

It appears that there's no physical version of the Ultimate Edition in the US. The North American branch of Amazon would probably sell it if there was.

You can also give these a try. There are going to be some cars less/better suited to whatever settings you use. So always try them on a variety of car types.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...se-give-me-your-reviews.377076/#post-12292636

Edit: Sorry, can't post picture at the moment so I just linked to a previous post I uploaded a photo.

You can also give these a try. There are going to be some cars less/better suited to whatever settings you use. So always try them on a variety of car types.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...se-give-me-your-reviews.377076/#post-12292636

Edit: Sorry, can't post picture at the moment so I just linked to a previous post I uploaded a photo.

thank you, will give them a test drive, even if I found the setting previously advised by Nielsen to be very good! Still, I will have to buy a wheel asap, Assetto Corsa is (more or less) garbage with the pad. Even if driving with the pad is strangely more enjoyable with the most powerful racing car than with the beginners car, I found it's almost impossibile to drive properly a Z4 or M3 E30 street cars, or even the little Abarth, while I can almost drive properly the 991 racing or the 155 DTM..

thank you, will give them a test drive, even if I found the setting previously advised by Nielsen to be very good! Still, I will have to buy a wheel asap, Assetto Corsa is (more or less) garbage with the pad. Even if driving with the pad is strangely more enjoyable with the most powerful racing car than with the beginners car, I found it's almost impossibile to drive properly a Z4 or M3 E30 street cars, or even the little Abarth, while I can almost drive properly the 991 racing or the 155 DTM..

I’m in the same boat, think I was kidding myself thinking AC and Project Cars 2 and DiRT Rally were going to be okay with a controller :/ Whilst yes they are “playable” I don’t think they were created to be played without a wheel ideally.

Looking at picking up the Logitech G29 asap, Maplins currently have it on offer for £164. Was tempted with the Thrustmasters but so many horror stories of bad reliability and customer service put me off.

Looking at picking up the Logitech G29 asap, Maplins currently have it on offer for £164. Was tempted with the Thrustmasters but so many horror stories of bad reliability and customer service put me off.
I can honestly say that every wheel is subject to issues but yes, statistically speaking, it seems the rate of issues/fail is much higher in Fanatec and Thrustmaster than in Logitech.

I own the Logitech G29 and I love that wheel for many reasons that often people overlook:
-17 total mappable buttons (the highest in any stock wheel!!!) so I don't find any real need for a button box or using a controller in conjunction
-3 pedals and the brake pedal is very decent to give a progressive feel, -
-it's universally compatible with anything out there (especially on PS4 like my case)
-Plug and play with no headaches of software/firmware updates and issues
-decent FFB; it's more detailed than T300 for example but less smooth and more noisy/clunky; so you win some and lose some
-very easy to open and clean (pedals and wheel) and I've done it like many times already
-better reliability as you said (of course it's still luck interfering here, but generally speaking it seems to last much longer with fewer issues)
-usually cheap (i can get a new G29+H shifter for 300$ in my country while a T300 costs 400$ without any shifter or accessory...)

Sorry getting a bit adrift from subject, but sometimes you get fed up with all the unfair hate a specific product is getting just because... well, it's internet and hype...

What @Georgeagea says.

And mind you, I am still on my G25 from 2007. I open the pedals once per year to vacuum them. I have put tape on the holes of the pot meters to preven dust going into them.

No spiking what so ever.

Only the springy thing behind the flappy pedal went soft. I hacked that by applying compression springs in them.

Last edited:
Some good news guys ... The 12 missing special events from bonus pack 3 will finally come to the console version with an update

Screenshot_20180426-142042.jpg

I can honestly say that every wheel is subject to issues but yes, statistically speaking, it seems the rate of issues/fail is much higher in Fanatec and Thrustmaster than in Logitech.

Eh, I've had wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster, and Fanatec and had them all fail. Logitech is the only one I've sworn to never buy again due to the plastic encoder wheel that's just waiting to crack, my G27 didn't even make it a year before the encoder wheel broke. I'd buy Thrustmaster or Fanatec again without thinking twice though.

I own the Logitech G29 and I love that wheel for many reasons that often people overlook:
-17 total mappable buttons (the highest in any stock wheel!!!) so I don't find any real need for a button box or using a controller in conjunction
-3 pedals and the brake pedal is very decent to give a progressive feel, -
-it's universally compatible with anything out there (especially on PS4 like my case)
-Plug and play with no headaches of software/firmware updates and issues
-decent FFB; it's more detailed than T300 for example but less smooth and more noisy/clunky; so you win some and lose some
-very easy to open and clean (pedals and wheel) and I've done it like many times already
-better reliability as you said (of course it's still luck interfering here, but generally speaking it seems to last much longer with fewer issues)
-usually cheap (i can get a new G29+H shifter for 300$ in my country while a T300 costs 400$ without any shifter or accessory...)

Sorry getting a bit adrift from subject, but sometimes you get fed up with all the unfair hate a specific product is getting just because... well, it's internet and hype...

Wow, thanks for the very detailed answer. Makes me more confident that I’m making the right choice in choosing the G29 :)
I know it’s older technology in comparison to some other newer wheels including the Thrustmasters, but the reliability is a big factor for me.

Unfortunately I can’t afford a £1000+ Fanatec setup and realistically only have the choice of the G29 or Thrustmaster T150 Pro wheels due to my budget. The consensus seems to be fairly even between both wheels with some preferring one or the other. I just can’t help but escape the thought of how annoyed I’d be if I went for the T150 Pro and having it fail on me after all the posts I’d read with regards to reliability issues.
Thanks for the help and advice

Eh, I've had wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster, and Fanatec and had them all fail. Logitech is the only one I've sworn to never buy again due to the plastic encoder wheel that's just waiting to crack, my G27 didn't even make it a year before the encoder wheel broke. I'd buy Thrustmaster or Fanatec again without thinking twice though.

Ah man, haha. I’m gusssing you’d recommend the the T150 Pro over the G29? Been reading so many positive things with the Logitech wheels being very durable and built to last :/

Ah man, haha. I’m gusssing you’d recommend the the T150 Pro over the G29? Been reading so many positive things with the Logitech wheels being very durable and built to last :/

I'm probably not the best person to ask since I'm biased against Logitech, plus I think the G29/G290 is a bit of a scam. But plenty of people have G-series wheels that have been going strong for ages so they can't be all bad, I just can't bring myself to recommend them. I've not used the T150 but I know my T300 is a huge step up from the Logitech wheels and would recommend it if the budget allows.

I'm probably not the best person to ask since I'm biased against Logitech, plus I think the G29/G290 is a bit of a scam. But plenty of people have G-series wheels that have been going strong for ages so they can't be all bad, I just can't bring myself to recommend them. I've not used the T150 but I know my T300 is a huge step up from the Logitech wheels and would recommend it if the budget allows.
Since the G29 came out it has dropped in price. At the current price the G29 is a good wheel. And in my opinion the step isn't that big to what I have now. I still highly recommend it.

Since the G29 came out it has dropped in price. At the current price the G29 is a good wheel. And in my opinion the step isn't that big to what I have now. I still highly recommend it.

That’s good to hear :) I still think I’ll most probably get the G29 over the T150 Pro, they are pretty much on par in terms of price, the G29 can frequently be had for £160-170 here in the UK when it’s on offer.
Did do a lot of looking into the T300 but think it’s just a bit outside of my budget, plus the worry of the reliability risks.

They're still going for nearly $300 on Amazon. T300 is about $70 more and comes with inferior pedals to the G29 but it's a much better wheel (with interchangeable rims) and the pedals can always be upgraded later. Just depends on the budget but if it were my money I'd go for the T300 and then upgrade the pedals when I can afford to, much better solution in the long run IMO. Just my $0.02, I know budgets don't always allow for the better option. Just checked the specs of the T150 and I personally would take that over the Logitech.

They're still going for nearly $300 on Amazon. T300 is about $70 more and comes with inferior pedals to the G29 but it's a much better wheel (with interchangeable rims) and the pedals can always be upgraded later. Just depends on the budget but if it were my money I'd go for the T300 and then upgrade the pedals when I can afford to, much better solution in the long run IMO. Just my $0.02, I know budgets don't always allow for the better option. Just checked the specs of the T150 and I personally would take that over the Logitech.

Hmm, beginning to wish I could try all the wheels out before I decided on a purchase.
Here in the UK the standard T300 with the basic pedals is £280 compared to the G29 at £175 on Amazon (£165 from Maplin at the mo) :/
if I decided on the T300 RS GT if would set me back even more at £350.
I’ve read that the T150 has better force feedback compared to the G29 but keep reading stories where people have had issues with their wheels within days/weeks of purchase.

How are Thrustmaster for warranty and customer support for repairs/replacements?

Hmm, beginning to wish I could try all the wheels out before I decided on a purchase.
Here in the UK the standard T300 with the basic pedals is £280 compared to the G29 at £175 on Amazon (£165 from Maplin at the mo) :/
if I decided on the T300 RS GT if would set me back even more at £350.

Yeah, those prices make it a tough call. I'm sure you'd be satisfied with the G29, the T300 is a whole lot better wheel but probably not twice the price good I guess.

I’ve read that the T150 has better force feedback compared to the G29 but keep reading stories where people have had issues with their wheels within days/weeks of purchase.

How are Thrustmaster for warranty and customer support for repairs/replacements?

Not bad. Not the best but not bad, they can be a little slow. I suspected a motor had burnt out on my T300 but I was making do, then it encountered a calibration issue and wouldn't function. I contacted them, told them about the calibration problem and the burnt out motor, they issued a warranty claim and had me send it back. Took about three weeks to get it back (it had to go to France), calibration problem was fixed but the motor issue was not. I contacted them, convinced them they hadn't fixed the problem, and they had me send it back. After a couple weeks I heard back from them that indeed a motor had burnt out so they send me a brand new one. By that time I'd acquired a CSW V2 so the T300 sat in the box for about a year. CSW started acting up so I dug out the T300 and have been using it for about the past 6-8 months with no issue.

Well Brandon, I used to think that the T300 is THAT much better than the G29 due to opinions like yours and the hype in here or the simracing community in general and it used to make me feel a bit bad about my purchase.
Yet in the previous league community i was in, like 5 people had their T300 fail on them while only 1 G29 failed and it was easily fixeable and logitech replaced him the wheel although he was 2 months out of warranty.
However, what really was the nail in the coffin is the recent “simracing garage” review of the G29 where he says the details of the ffb are better on the g29 than on the t300, it’s only more coggy or noisy but definitely more detailed. T300 is only smoother with a bit more powerful torque but it’s also has its shortcomings. He was also very pleasantly surprised by the G29 overall.
That’s when i really felt comfortable and confident again in my purchase :) added to the list of positives i mentioned above (lots of buttons, great default 3 pedals, etc...) and i think it’s a very good wheel!

Well Brandon, I used to think that the T300 is THAT much better than the G29 due to opinions like yours and the hype in here or the simracing community in general and it used to make me feel a bit bad about my purchase.
Yet in the previous league community i was in, like 5 people had their T300 fail on them while only 1 G29 failed and it was easily fixeable and logitech replaced him the wheel although he was 2 months out of warranty.
However, what really was the nail in the coffin is the recent “simracing garage” review of the G29 where he says the details of the ffb are better on the g29 than on the t300, it’s only more coggy or noisy but definitely more detailed. T300 is only smoother with a bit more powerful torque but it’s also has its shortcomings. He was also very pleasantly surprised by the G29 overall.
That’s when i really felt comfortable and confident again in my purchase :) added to the list of positives i mentioned above (lots of buttons, great default 3 pedals, etc...) and i think it’s a very good wheel!

I really appreciate everyone’s feedback on the wheel choice. Many thanks.
The G29 was what I’d decided upon a while ago after a fairly extensive amount of researching and reading up and it’s still looking like the winner for the price they can be had for at this moment in time in deals etc.
I don’t doubt that the T300 is a better wheel when it’s fully functioning, but for an extra £100+ and with such hit and miss on reliability I don’t think I can take the risk.

I really appreciate everyone’s feedback on the wheel choice. Many thanks.
The G29 was what I’d decided upon a while ago after a fairly extensive amount of researching and reading up and it’s still looking like the winner for the price they can be had for at this moment in time in deals etc.
I don’t doubt that the T300 is a better wheel when it’s fully functioning, but for an extra £100+ and with such hit and miss on reliability I don’t think I can take the risk.
If you don’t have the desire to change the rim and/or other upgrades the wheel is a very solid plug and play experience. I also want to add their sdk is supported very well on PS4.

Back