Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Looks like I'll be getting the Ultimate Edition soon then

Or, you could buy the standard version plus season pass & 2 other DLC packs next time it's in the sale. You'd get it sooner & might end up saving some money.

VBR
Or, you could buy the standard version plus season pass & 2 other DLC packs next time it's in the sale. You'd get it sooner & might end up saving some money.
I might, I'll have to compare costs on everything. I'm in no rush at the moment as I'm still having a blast playing GT Sport but I wouldn't mind picking up Assetto for some hot lapping in the future

Showing at £29.99 pre-order on Amazon for absolutely everything ever. Totes a bargain. I like the game so much I might even buy it twice just in case I wear the disc out.

Update 1.21 now available on PS4.

It brings :

-fixed liveries showing wrong colors
-fixed SDK calls related to online play

The weight of the update is 403,9Mb.

They still didn't add the missing special events missing from the Bonus Pack 3 that came along with the Bonus Pack 3 on the PC version..

Even with a thread specially opened to report issues and bugs towards this Last update on the oficial forum, seems that they only have fixed the glitched liveries... And didn't fix any problem more ...
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/things-to-fix-for-next-consoles-update.49249/

The community manager of 505Games announced also that they gonna maintain the online servers and lobbies meanwhile there are users still playing the game

Screenshot_20180419-174934.jpg

Seems that suport is completely finished even on the console version now...

For me a ridiculous bad post realese suport, with missing content, features, options and the Kunos and 505 teams not really listened to the community and their reports on the oficial forum..

Not at all a good perspective to buy a future game of them on consoles (if any comes) seen the difference of treatment between PC and consoles users.

For me it's really a shame, cause the game showed a huge potential and for me it's even with his flaws and missing things the best sim on the console

Finally! :cheers:

For me a ridiculous bad post realese suport, with missing content, features, options and the Kunos and 505 teams not really listened to the community and their reports on the oficial forum..

I almost agree but I wouldn't say it has been ridiculously bad. They tried and did several things to fix the console version, which I appreciate, but more could and should have been done. It is what it is and still the best driving simulator, laser scanning and AI on PS4, in my opinion.

Anyways, is Ultimate Edition out yet? It was supposed to be released around this time on PS4. Please don’t tell me it got delayed.

I’ve been waiting for this long because the exorbitant price for the DLC on PSN in North America was really killing it for me. This game NEVER goes on sale in North America, which sucks because it seems like it’s on sale almost every second week for dirt in the EU.

Also, how would you guys rate the controller support. I asked this around the time the game came out, but there’s been updates and I’m wondering how it is now vs PC2. If it’s better than PC2, instant buy.

Finally! :cheers:

I almost agree but I wouldn't say it has been ridiculously bad. They tried and did several things to fix the console version, which I appreciate, but more could and should have been done. It is what it is and still the best driving simulator, laser scanning and AI on PS4, in my opinion.

I don't know till what point they "tried" to fix and add what's missing and "broken".
They opened 3 ways to report.... Oficial Forum (after a lot of petition and complaints from users), the 505Games forum and the "direct to developers tickets system ...

None of the above mentioned systems worked..

People was asking button mapping since release, but it was only after a lots of months and supplying that finally Stefano himself came aware from the petition .. Cause he first said that nobody said to him that there was a interes on that feature..

Lots of bugs where be reported patches after patches and there are still day one issue's..

So for me, I'm sorry, but it's a ridiculous bad post release support we got ..
More if you look at the difference how the PC users where treated directly from Kunos, which was way better and lot clearer and organized form the development team.

For the rest I agree, the laser scan tracks, the physics, FFB are just the best we ever received on consoles...

But they don't maked me confident to buy a new product of them on consoles at least.
I i go to the dark side (PC) I surely will purchase their products if the post support on PC stays in hands off Kunos in their forums and like it was working with the assetto corsa PC version ..

See you around here :cheers:

I don't know till what point they "tried" to fix and add what's missing and "broken".
They opened 3 ways to report.... Oficial Forum (after a lot of petition and complaints from users), the 505Games forum and the "direct to developers tickets system ...

None of the above mentioned systems worked..

People was asking button mapping since release, but it was only after a lots of months and supplying that finally Stefano himself came aware from the petition .. Cause he first said that nobody said to him that there was a interes on that feature..

Lots of bugs where be reported patches after patches and there are still day one issue's..

So for me, I'm sorry, but it's a ridiculous bad post release support we got ..
More if you look at the difference how the PC users where treated directly from Kunos, which was way better and lot clearer and organized form the development team.

For the rest I agree, the laser scan tracks, the physics, FFB are just the best we ever received on consoles...

But they don't maked me confident to buy a new product of them on consoles at least.
I i go to the dark side (PC) I surely will purchase their products if the post support on PC stays in hands off Kunos in their forums and like it was working with the assetto corsa PC version ..

See you around here :cheers:

I'll have to agree to an extent on the console side not because of support, updates, or DLC more about the vast amount of content through mods and adjustability missing on console.

Coming from AC on PS4, the first time I fired it up on PC was quite uh... intimidating with seemingly unlimited options just inside the UI.

Then you load the race, scroll the mouse to the right side of the screen and there's literally a wall of other things to tweak and fine tune to your liking.

It seriously took me hours to go through setup and learn what X or Y did and this was before I downloaded my first mod.

I now have probably close to 200 tracks with over 500 cars I think if I were to go back to PS4 it just wouldn't be the same game.

If only there were a way for console users to enjoy all the mods.

Last edited:
The thing on the patch notes that is not the "fixing livery issues" might be refering to that.
I've tried an public online lobby and at the end of the qualy session there was people entering and exiting the lobby ...... So end session timer was resetting every time.

So I don't can say that the "limbo" issue is fixed.
The only thing that can be done is set the minimum skip time when opening a lobby (lot of people don't even do that)

And like other said.... The Alfa Romeo Guila "shift" indicator isn't fixed also...

So I really think that the only things they did is fix the glitched liveries and that SDK thing

I'll have to agree to an extent on the console side not because of support, updates, or DLC more about the vast amount of content through mods and adjustability missing on console.

Coming from AC on PS4, the first time I fired it up on PC was quite uh... intimidating with seemingly unlimited options just inside the UI.

Then you load the race, scroll the mouse to the right side of the screen and there's literally a wall of other things to tweak and fine tune to your liking.

It seriously took me hours to go through setup and learn what X or Y did and this was before I downloaded my first mod.

I now have probably close to 200 tracks with over 500 cars I think if I were to go back to PS4 it just wouldn't be the same game.

If only there were a way for console users to enjoy all the mods.
:lol: I know that feeling. My only experience had been Gran Turismo 6, which has a fairly straightforward UI and not a lot of options to worry about. Frankly, I think the PC UI/Launcher sucks rocks. That was probably a big factor in my intimidation. I think my first drive was with a BMW M3 E92 on Monza and I believe I spun out on the first chicane & second chicane, then ditched it into the sand around Turn 5. Honestly, the very first thing I thought was "uh oh..Maybe I'm not meant for these supposed "serious" sims..." Good thing I had just dropped $2500 on a laptop to run the game. :lol:

I probably did 5 or 6 laps after that, paying strict attention to my speed & braking points...you know, driving smoothly and the grin on my face was probably ear to ear. The FFB was already feeling great because I had googled suggested settings immediately based on a recommendation. The physics felt so alive wiggling the wheel back and forth, the body roll & suspension felt amazing.

The only thing I wish I could have changed if I could go back to that first week or two with AC...I would have stayed away from mods and just focused on Kunos cars. I was finding myself driving crap cars when I still had 30 undriven Kunos cars. :rolleyes:

@Corsa are you now using Content Manager? That right there is such a game changer...

I just discovered a new trait in my personality which is that I'm easy to please when it comes to others and very demanding when it comes to myself.

Seems I'm one of the few that is happy with AC the way it is on PS4.
That is because, since the beginning and before even buying the game, I had very low expectations!
That's a tactic I nearly use with everything to avoid disappointment!

I knew the game had issues, relatively limited content (compared to PC), it doesn't have VR support, no mods, fewer options and customization etc... but I still bought it because all I cared for was physics, realism and driving experience! And I can say that I am very satisfied with that!

EDIT: OH and I'm completely fine with no updates whatsoever on the game anymore. The games works fine as it is. I don't give a damn **** about liveries (my personal opinion, so no offense there to anyone).
Development and updates stop for any game out there, so why would I expect an eternity of updates/development for AC?!

Let's not forget people that AC on console was an after thought and not a predetermined project. It was probably out of fans requests.

I'm sure that will be completely different and that we will have complete parity in ACC between PC and Consoles, if it comes to consoles eventually (which I'm sure it will). By parity, I mean features, options and customization but not necessarily support, bugfixes and new content because obviously PC will be far ahead in terms of development and consoles will always play the catch-up game! <== And that's the main issue here!
PC2 was designed with consoles in mind and there are nearly perfect parity between PC and consoles. It's too bad that Kunos still aren't sure about a console release for ACC, which will make it fall into some of the same issues AC was falling in.

An afterthought we pay money for. I think sales for the consoles are more than the PC version. I own both. But the care for the console version is seriously lacking. Kunos might say that that is in 505 hands, but I have a different opinion on that. No more Kunos games for me in the future.

And that is a shame because @Georgeagea , just like you, I also think highly of the physics and pure driving pleasure in AC.

G29 degrees of rotation bug has never been solved. I don't think they care either. I have logged several issues with them. They just say it's not a problem.

An afterthought we pay money for. I think sales for the consoles are more than the PC version. I own both. But the care for the console version is seriously lacking. Kunos might say that that is in 505 hands, but I have a different opinion on that. No more Kunos games for me in the future.

And that is a shame because @Georgeagea , just like you, I also think highly of the physics and pure driving pleasure in AC.

G29 degrees of rotation bug has never been solved. I don't think they care either. I have logged several issues with them. They just say it's not a problem.
Yes and that's my point with my last paragraph.
AC on consoles seems like it was a testing ground, an experience, a dunk-your-toe-to-test-water-temperature experience. Now that they know that consoles will probably sell them more than PC, I just can't see how they might overlook ACC on consoles or even take it lightly as they did with AC...

They should have learned the lesson and I don't think they're that stupid to make the same mistake again.... Or at least I hope so...

I just discovered a new trait in my personality which is that I'm easy to please when it comes to others and very demanding when it comes to myself.

This isn't about being or not being demanding. This is about a developer that promisses certain things that end up not being done like the 20-30 features missing from PC.

The games works fine as it is.

No it doesn't. There are a big list of bugs, some of them very severe: when racing online no matter what grip you set it's always on optimum, qualifying limbo, T150 vibrating like an earthquake when standing still, they other day the game crashed, wipes out all the progress...

Development and updates stop for any game out there, so why would I expect an eternity of updates/development for AC?!

Because they neither fulfilled what they promissed or left the game in a appropiate state in terms of bugs.

I knew the game had issues, relatively limited content (compared to PC), it doesn't have VR support, no mods, fewer options and customization etc... but I still bought it because all I cared for was physics, realism and driving experience!

Like you, I knew that the game was...well...not much of a game, & that it had lots of issues. I bought it mostly as a Nord track day simulator; I just wanted to drive a few cars on the Tourist version, & that's practically all I've done with it. It was fun. I wouldn't dream of treating it like an actual game & trying to race online etc, as I know it wouldn't really be up to the job. AC's failure as a game on PS4 (as well as P CARS & GTS imho), are one of the main reasons I've never bought a PS Plus subscription. However, I would be very interested in trying out the PC version because of all the extra features & mods etc. I haven't fired AC up in ages, & have all but lost interest in it at the moment...

This isn't about being or not being demanding. This is about a developer that promisses certain things that end up not being done like the 20-30 features missing from PC.

No it doesn't. There are a big list of bugs, some of them very severe: when racing online no matter what grip you set it's always on optimum, qualifying limbo, T150 vibrating like an earthquake when standing still, they other day the game crashed, wipes out all the progress...

Because they neither fulfilled what they promissed or left the game in a appropiate state in terms of bugs.

Well you have some good points but as I said, I had very low expectations so I just couldn't/still can't be disappointed.

Regarding their promises, I am not aware of any and not even a member of their forums. I never heard of AC just like 1 month before buying it.
I got a good deal on a used G29 and got driveclub with it. Being a realism fanatic, I wanted something more realistic so started searching and was very torn between PC1 and AC but ended up with AC just because most feedback was positive about the physics, although PC1 was a better game overall.
That's it. I barely knew anything about their PC version.

-when racing online no matter what grip you set it's always on optimum, ==> oh never noticed that. It's definitely annoying.
-qualifying limbo ==> what's that?
-T150 vibrating like an earthquake when standing still ==> oh damn that's nasty, although I have my friend here @HammyMansell who has a T150 and never heard him mentioning it. Is it common?!
I have the DoR bug on my G29 though.

I'm not defending the game for the sake of it or fanboism. I actually like it for many reasons (graphics, physics, FFB, etc.) and I know it has lots of shortcomings (features, options, online options, mods, weather, night and day etc.). I'm actually playing PC2 much more lately just because it has gotten a bit better but it's still very buggy (but it's a much more complicated game overall so that's more forgiveable). It's just that I am content and satisfied with AC despite all of those cons.

When I want to have pure driving simulation experience I play AC.
When I want just easy driving and some competition online I play GTS.
When I want something in between I play PC2.

That's just me though and I can understand everyone's point of view.

-T150 vibrating like an earthquake when standing still ==> oh damn that's nasty, although I have my friend here @HammyMansell who has a T150 and never heard him mentioning it. Is it common?!

Hi @Georgeagea good points made, and with the T150 vibration, yes it does happen mate, but i turned my FFB down to 30% more or less, and it made it less like an earthquake, but it still vibrates a lot at standstill, usually when the gaming session starts after the loading screen.

AC is a great game in terms of FFB, but it's not the best overall for numerous other shortcomings.

It seems everybody’s been too busy arguing about PC vs Console to realize that today is April 20th, and it seems Kunos forgot to release the Ultimate Edition.

Edit: Nevermind, I learned it was just a time zone / PS Store refresh thing. The price is 52 CAD. Luckily I had exactly two bucks of credit left over from my last purchase. Now to the store to pick up a 50 dollar card.

Last edited:
when racing online no matter what grip you set it's always on optimum

Track surface temps are often if not always around 50°C & yet Mugello seems to be the only track where you can overheat your RS tyres (GT2/3 class at uphill right), Mediums quickly hit optimal temps there, but only for few seconds you feel something via FFB (no cold tire's low numb feedback)
Have done two 20lap races where mediums stayed dark blue from start to finish. Lap times were just few seconds slower than RS, but the icy feel from FFB...
Don't know if tire temps are made more accessible online.

Back