Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Nothing special about the ultimate edition i think, all i can say is the ferrari pack is a must.
The f1 f2004 in it is the best sounding f1 to me in ac, in cockpit and replays, and ai passing you is scary. Same for the f138 but that's not in the pack.

Love the handling too, especially the f2004 and sf15, f138 too, just a little less. I like less the sf70 in the pack for feel and sound. They look great too.

The rest of the pack:
The 812 is great too for feel and sound, great backfire sound.
The f1 67 is a jewel as well.
The 330 feels, sounds and looks amazing.
The 250 feels, sounds and looks amazing, lol you get the picture i guess, well that's ac for you, got to love it.
Can't believe i let it idle since a while for lesser..
The 288 gto 84 feels amazing haha, yeah.., sounds great, great cockpit.

Man im in love again..what a jewel.
Really like the sound being different as should on and off throttle.
The lighting is great too, in sunny setting, with time set near sunset or sunrise. The shadows in cockpit are clean smooth. Good windscreen light effect too.
The sound.., you can so easily feel where the ai is around you. And sounds amazing. On replays too you hear from a distance approaching cars and passing, its amazing.

Im so satisfied again, i can even wait for acc now longer, maybe hehe, even though it reminds me how Kunos sims are a must.
Cheers.

Edit: love the bmw z4 gt3, another jewel, glad i like the gt3s as well in this, it's promising for acc.
The audis, alfa romeos, as well as all the cars that i just retried for now.

I did buy the Ultimate Edition - which gave me the Ferrari Pack (which I wanted) & the Japanese Pack (meh) & I think something else that I didn't already have.

The F2004 sound is very familiar from playing hours of F1CE, mostly in the Ferrari. Yes, it's a particular kind of high-pitched scream that's very ... appealing!

I also recently picked up GTSport. What a contrast between the two games! The driving experience in GTSport is pretty underwhelming with little feel to the driving physics - in the GT tradition ... but the replays are awesome! It's like the replays are showing something other than the actual drive I just experienced. :odd: On the other hand the driving in AC is superb ... but the replays are a bit of a disaster.

GTSport is a super-polished game: graphics, menus, car information, music, replays etc. tc. . Golding an event/mission/test/track in GTSport is like winning a Nobel prize & an olympic medal rolled into one! :cheers: AC just plonks you in the car ... & then back in the pits at the end. :ouch:

I really wish Kunos would continue to add content & refine AC. I would pay for that rather than waiting years for a "new version" to arrive. Not sure what the technical aspects/economics of that are, but if iRacing can charge so much for an ongoing racing experience, you would think that Kunos could expand the existing game rather than starting from scratch again.

I did buy the Ultimate Edition - which gave me the Ferrari Pack (which I wanted) & the Japanese Pack (meh) & I think something else that I didn't already have.

The F2004 sound is very familiar from playing hours of F1CE, mostly in the Ferrari. Yes, it's a particular kind of high-pitched scream that's very ... appealing!

I also recently picked up GTSport. What a contrast between the two games! The driving experience in GTSport is pretty underwhelming with little feel to the driving physics - in the GT tradition ... but the replays are awesome! It's like the replays are showing something other than the actual drive I just experienced. :odd: On the other hand the driving in AC is superb ... but the replays are a bit of a disaster.

GTSport is a super-polished game: graphics, menus, car information, music, replays etc. tc. . Golding an event/mission/test/track in GTSport is like winning a Nobel prize & an olympic medal rolled into one! :cheers: AC just plonks you in the car ... & then back in the pits at the end. :ouch:

I really wish Kunos would continue to add content & refine AC. I would pay for that rather than waiting years for a "new version" to arrive. Not sure what the technical aspects/economics of that are, but if iRacing can charge so much for an ongoing racing experience, you would think that Kunos could expand the existing game rather than starting from scratch again.

How is the replay bad? I find it's one of the best for tv cams choice, even old style static cams, sound, with doppler effect, sense of speed, clean smooth running, cars look great close in, you can cut and save the part you prefer in game, doesn't take crazy lot of memory, good slow motion, you can skip to the end/beginning, 3 speeds of fast forward backwards, you can watch it anytime from the track even, replays on any session.

Granted it only saves the last 5 mins but im not one to want to watch a whole race again.
But it be nice if you could go to a certain lap after a longer race to check a part of it yh.
The one other problem for me is if you do a short sessions, you cant select the beginning of a session. So you need forward until you find it, that's pretty lame for sure.
---
For ac updates, id love more content or improvements too but it will be nice too to get an ac2 with the newer engine and features, hopefully.
---
Just continued rediscover cars in ac, and what a shock how good it is.
The lotus 63 is so good feeling to drive, sounds great and looks good.
They're each so good in all aspects, unique, and feel authentic believable and good to drive and hear.
Makes you cringe at how bad some supposed sims are. At least it makes me appreciate it even more now.

Last edited:
@Jtheripper I've only just started playing AC as I've finally got some controller settings that work for me. I've only scratched the surface playing career mode, just finished up with the Lotus's. I agree the cars look & sound great so much detail. I was marveling at the KTM X Bow's front suspension movement, so good. But yeah just five minutes of replay, it's terrible in that respect, I want to watch my entire session or race back :( I wonder if it's like this on PC..

How is the replay bad? I find it's one of the best for tv cams choice, even old style static cams, sound, with doppler effect, sense of speed, clean smooth running, cars look great close in, you can cut and save the part you prefer in game, doesn't take crazy lot of memory, good slow motion, you can skip to the end/beginning, 3 speeds of fast forward backwards, you can watch it anytime from the track even, replays on any session.

Granted it only saves the last 5 mins but im not one to want to watch a whole race again.
But it be nice if you could go to a certain lap after a longer race to check a part of it yh.
The one other problem for me is if you do a short sessions, you cant select the beginning of a session. So you need forward until you find it, that's pretty lame for sure.

The lack of functionality in AC's replays is disappointing & obviously the graphics are far inferior to GTSports (something that matters much less when you're actually driving), but what is odd is that in GTSport the replays seem to accurately model all kinds of weight transfer that I don't feel while I'm actually driving. To me, the GTSport replays are more impressive than the actual driving part!

The lack of functionality in AC's replays is disappointing & obviously the graphics are far inferior to GTSports (something that matters much less when you're actually driving), but what is odd is that in GTSport the replays seem to accurately model all kinds of weight transfer that I don't feel while I'm actually driving. To me, the GTSport replays are more impressive than the actual driving part!

That's because they tart it up, it's all made up, like you said you feel none of that when you are driving. To me GTS is the biggest waste of money I ever threw away, (got it at launch), it's the most boring & lifeless driving game of this generation, there is no feel or sensation whatsoever its like driving on a slate of marble. It's not worth your time, do yourself a favour & get over it fast the competition's so much better... :)

Just did a few races in a maserati gt4 at spa, man it feels good. What a jewel, and the sound whew. Was great close battling with ai, feels so authentic, real all. Subtle, nothing overdone, the ffb and reaction of your car's weight and suspension really depends on how much you're pushing and maneuvering it close to the limit.
Im blowing kisses at the screen lol haha, it's a jewel.
Thank god they did put this on console, really need Kunos to keep put all their sims on them.
After retrying similar cars in pc1, pc2 and ac, it's just not the same, so precise, just, and refined to perfection in comparison.
I wish they could pump out endless tracks and cars lol.

Edit: lotus 49 on spa now, man.... It's marvelous, so authentic and different feeling with each car. Its like a different track almost, the ffb feel etc. Feels so real, so exact with nothing weird to fix, i feel to pat the tires lol with my hand haha.
Really hope they will make an ac2 with lots more tracks and great cars. Any series etc.

Edit2: im telling you @MrCrynox.., once you'll have control drifted a lotus 49 on a fast curve with your wheel, with no aids in ac, then you stabilize it just in time to brake for the next slow chicane, start braking hard and then pump the brakes fast and lightly when slowed down to brake in time for it and not block the tires, and just make it, you'll be giggling like a schoolgirl lol. In cockpit view of course. Well with most thrilling cars in ac i guess. Haha my god what a sim.
Cheers guys.

Edit3::P I really like the replays, cars look so real, colors, detail, light in sun setting, solid textures, clean look. Sounds of course, quality, detail of it plus the 3d effect. And the choice of tv cams, makes me think it be nice if you could edit the tv cams for each track, so the replays would use the ones you prefer at each part of it.

Last edited:
:indiff:
Just did a few races in a maserati gt4 at spa, man it feels good. What a jewel, and the sound whew. Was great close battling with ai, feels so authentic, real all. Subtle, nothing overdone, the ffb and reaction of your car's weight and suspension really depends on how much you're pushing and maneuvering it close to the limit.
Im blowing kisses at the screen lol haha, it's a jewel.
Thank god they did put this on console, really need Kunos to keep put all their sims on them.
After retrying similar cars in pc1, pc2 and ac, it's just not the same, so precise, just, and refined to perfection in comparison.
I wish they could pump out endless tracks and cars lol.

Edit: lotus 49 on spa now, man.... It's marvelous, so authentic and different feeling with each car. Its like a different track almost, the ffb feel etc. Feels so real, so exact with nothing weird to fix, i feel to pat the tires lol with my hand haha.
Really hope they will make an ac2 with lots more tracks and great cars. Any series etc.

Edit2: im telling you @MrCrynox.., once you'll have control drifted a lotus 49 on a fast curve with your wheel, with no aids in ac, then you stabilize it just in time to brake for the next slow chicane, start braking hard and then pump the brakes fast and lightly when slowed down to brake in time for it and not block the tires, and just make it, you'll be giggling like a schoolgirl lol. In cockpit view of course. Well with most thrilling cars in ac i guess. Haha my god what a sim.
Cheers guys.

Edit3::P I really like the replays, cars look so real, colors, detail, light in sun setting, solid textures, clean look. Sounds of course, quality, detail of it plus the 3d effect. And the choice of tv cams, makes me think it be nice if you could edit the tv cams for each track, so the replays would use the ones you prefer at each part of it.

I've been working my way through GTSport "circuit experience". Just golded the Le Sarthe circuit in the Porsche 919 LMP. Looks fantastic in the replays, but as usual there is zero feel for the car while you're actually driving - just charging around the course like a madman learning the braking points. Going back to AC even the LMP's give you all kinds of feedback & have a suitable scary feel.

I've started to work my way through some of the Special Events in AC. Some of them are very difficult. Bronze can take a few tries, silver requires a through knowledge of the car's performance on the particular track & gold demands perfection & consistency. AC may not have the volume of content of some racing games, but the depth of the physics offers a huge amount of replayability. As I've said before: I would love to have AC paid DLC to add new tracks over time. Better than waiting for yet another another disappointing "sim" offering from the big developers. :indiff:

Last edited:
Am i going crazy or do the shadows move over time? I had a shadow across one of the tracks which i started off using as my breaking point. And I'm not sure if it was whilst driving or whilst restarting the session every time i crashed (which was a lot), this shadow started moving so much that eventually it was completely off the track!

Anyway, agreed with the above. The detail coming through the wheel is another world compared to GTS - I might as well be playing with the T80 there instead of T300 - I'd get the same spring force resistance but would eliminate the vibration on understeer that i don't especially like (both the effect, and also the tendency for the cars to push wide on throttle).

I can easily spend half an hour hot lapping any one of a long list of really interesting and fun cars in AC. Lotus 72D around imola i think remains my favourite

Am i going crazy or do the shadows move over time? I had a shadow across one of the tracks which i started off using as my breaking point. And I'm not sure if it was whilst driving or whilst restarting the session every time i crashed (which was a lot), this shadow started moving so much that eventually it was completely off the track!

Anyway, agreed with the above. The detail coming through the wheel is another world compared to GTS - I might as well be playing with the T80 there instead of T300 - I'd get the same spring force resistance but would eliminate the vibration on understeer that i don't especially like (both the effect, and also the tendency for the cars to push wide on throttle).

I can easily spend half an hour hot lapping any one of a long list of really interesting and fun cars in AC. Lotus 72D around imola i think remains my favourite
Well in ac if you set a race to a different time the lighting reflects that. Try near sunset or sunrise, you get nice shadows in the cockpit too, smooth. I don't think it's dynamic though.

Started doing career events. I am now in the Intermediate series 1 with the MP4-12C. Anybody else find this car really hard to drive? Trying to hustle this around Silverstone is a 🤬.

Using factory tc and abs, stability 0%

Hey guys, i been trying the pitstops in sp in races, stopping for damage repairs, knowing i have suspension, engine, transmission damage.

When i select yes for engine or suspension it doesn't add any time for repairs, but if i select body it does.

Also it seems to fix the suspension damage when i just select body.
Im guessing maybe it's the body damage affecting the wheel.

Is there a limit on repairs depending on the car or track or length of race?

Fired up Ac on my PS4 today, hadn't been on it in a long time. The physics, FFB, & many of the sounds knock seven bells of 🤬 out of GT Sport! I forgot just how good it was. I really need to pull my finger out & build my new PC, I bet it'll be even better on that.

:drool:

Running some gt3s in ac while watching how acc develops further on current and new gen hopefully.
Good clean fun..
Edit: such a gem even on std ps4, all done so well, sounds, sound of ai cars near you, tracks, smooth ai believable, clean solid smooth graphics, physics matching the ffb, movement in cockpit, and sounds perfectly.

What i want most from acc really is the added tracks, and the few different cars added, plus dlc tracks, gt4 cars etc.

If they can match acc final updates to how they finalized ac on current gen consoles it will be pretty damn good already. Except for the ac missing pc features on console.

Edit2: i can't say gt3s are my favorites even if i do like them still. They're so stable, l like a little more feel like the gt4s and most other high performance cars and race cars.
You need be at the upper limit to really feel anything in gt3s seems.

Last edited:
Funny I did same as you last night, nurb gp, first with gt3 488, then to compare did another race with the 458 gt2.
Both great experiences but actually had more pace in the older gt2 car with less hp and older aero.
Also preferred the higher pitched wail of the naturally aspirated 458.

Eagerly reading comments on acc and dying to pull the pin on it but I’m very sensitive to FPS.
Can manage most of the time on wrc8 but when scenery gets busy and pacing is off I find I get nauseous, even worse than first time I tried vr!

But in the meantime I’m content with the sublime original ac with an odd helping of pc2.

Funny I did same as you last night, nurb gp, first with gt3 488, then to compare did another race with the 458 gt2.
Both great experiences but actually had more pace in the older gt2 car with less hp and older aero.
Also preferred the higher pitched wail of the naturally aspirated 458.

Eagerly reading comments on acc and dying to pull the pin on it but I’m very sensitive to FPS.
Can manage most of the time on wrc8 but when scenery gets busy and pacing is off I find I get nauseous, even worse than first time I tried vr!

But in the meantime I’m content with the sublime original ac with an odd helping of pc2.
Yeah it's the stutter really in curves that is not acceptable too much in acc for now from videos i see at least. The whole game like jumps or skips ahead a few times in each curve. It looks nice enough to me apart from that, but i would like to enjoy it on newgen of course even moreso.
Im waiting to see how it gets improved before the dlc deal ends on the 7th july on ps4.
For me i was having fun with the amg gt3 one model race, ai amg gt3 sound good near around you. It was on red bull track.
Edit:
In a way im not that much in a hurry since i feel i haven't really enjoyed and appreciated ac as much as i should have. Lots to do in it for me still, so many cars nice to drive fast and try race.

Edit2: also for acc console i dont want to deal with annoying bugs, prefer give them time to polish it maybe.

Last edited:
I did a few Single player practice runs (just a few to familiarise a bit) and like most I have mixed emotions. Couple things I noticed. Don't know if anyone else noticed.
The cockpit view/s (my preferred driving view) leave you with the view of the track too limited. Too much of the top or visor area and bottom where the dash is, are showing leaving you with a narrow/limited view of the track or outside view height-wise. The dash seems too high. Wish there was a way to adjust this as in AC. Don't know why they didn't include that. The track also seems too small in this view.
......With this limitation now the only view that allows me to see a decent area of the track is bonnet view....the view you see when changing views (Triangle by default on PS4) directly following the one or two cockpit views. The front bonnet and track etc are seen. The track also seems bigger in this view so that's better for gauging including negotiating corners....especially tight ones.

I've also found negotiating corners a bit slippery.

Oh and one more thing I almost forgot. Often during start up or continuing from a stop, when engaging the low gears to proceed is as though the car doesn't want to move and the accelerator is just "spitting"...and this is not with even mashing the accelerator hard but gently. Only after a bit the gear engages to move as normally should.

Tried the 911 rsr, not sure if it runs in the gt3 series, but i watched some videos of it prior, and it seems so spot on. I didnt know this but it has more of a midengine layout, not the usual Porsche rear engine, seems to feel more planted and balanced too. Really wide wheel arches and wheels. Not sure but i think it has slight rear steering too. Tried a bit in 3rd person and the sound is pretty damn close too. Lots of shaking going on in cockpit view on the long highland track, feels perfect. I like the louder sound of the engine when in cockpit you look to the side.

Also checked videos of other gt3s like the amg, also spot on all.

And then the 599 and 812 Ferraris for a change, one thing that seems a little mistake, and surprised wasn't fixed, is the downshift blip sound of the 599 seems used on the 812 instead, weird.

Also learned on videos that the 812 also has rear steering, i like that car too. So nice engineering and design style on modern supercars and racecars. Even if i love older ones too, ..the yellow bird Ruf can be a handfull hehe.

Cant wait to try the new cars and track in acc when i do get it. Hope they keep adding additional series, years, cars, tracks..
Cheers.

Edit: just did a race on that long highland track with the 911 rsr in a same class setup.
Pretty cool with an amg gt3, mp4 gt3, 458 gt2, audi lms ultra, etc. Can't remember the rest right now that the game set in it.

Was close racing with the amg and some others, so good to hear the ai near you.
The 458 gt2 ended 2nd @FrankieStail , seems fast as you said hehe.
They look so nice coming up on you when you look back from cockpit, nice clear view and light. Nice track, kinda feels like an old spa a little.

Also i noticed in the video of the 911 rsr that they use a proximity detection like in acc, with a representation of the near car, seems it's the genuine way they do it in real too.

Edit2: the rsr on replay looks so realistic racing over bumps and taking curves, love it.
Looks really nice from a side view, nice detail.

Id love to do a longer race with dynamic time of day on this, that's one thing that will be really cool in acc for sure.
It be immersive for atmosphere if you heard the crowd announcer on speakers saying about race incidents and action hehe, not sure how realistic but still.

Edit3: one thing that i often forget is to put enough fuel for a race, and seems hard to know how much is needed?

Also in the setup screen, there's this diagram on the left with telemetry but often i don't see any wear on the tires, and no fuel left gauge. And damage in pits seems only to work on the body option.

So cool that you can mix and match any car too in custom races and championships. The same class races are nice enough but sometimes they are too spread apart, so you can choose closer in performance even if different cars together.

Edit4 lol: goddamnit guys, i had a same class race at the regular highland track with the 812, and i started last and was up in 3rd, behind another 812, and the next 2 laps were so cool, close racing the 2 812s together. Back and forth, like with a real, good, fighting but fair, still considerate racer.
I ended passing it then i paused to save the last 5 mins of replay, to check it out later, since i remembered it only keeps the last 5 mins. Then afterwards, i went back to replays and it wasn't there grr lol. I dont know, i clicked save but now i noticed it never gave a confirmation i think, idk why.

Goddamnit hehe, i tell you it was marvelous haha, well for me at least. Really puts you in it when it's close racing like that and there's no bad incident. Too bad..

You can select same make races for close racing but it's nice to have some variety in a race.
Anyhow, love that 812, lovely car.

Last edited:
Tried one of the first "Special Events" - the BMW M3 Group A (one of the most drivable mid-range cars in AC) at Silverstone. 15 laps later I still hadn't managed to crack the Bronze tier time. :ouch:

So then I tried a 4 lap race with 5 other BMW's (starting from the back). Tried "Medium" AI first & won pretty easily, a long way ahead of all the cars except the "rabbit" which I beat by about 16 secs. So I set it on "Hard" & again won, beating the rabbit by a few seconds. The rabbit's best lap time was almost a second slower than the Bronze tier lap time. That's not right! :irked:

VBR
Fired up Ac on my PS4 today, hadn't been on it in a long time. The physics, FFB, & many of the sounds knock seven bells of 🤬 out of GT Sport! I forgot just how good it was. I really need to pull my finger out & build my new PC, I bet it'll be even better on that.

:drool:
After a two year hiatus I fired up the sim rig a couple of months ago. Dabbled with PCars2 a bit..just can't get into it for some reason. Signed up for iRacing and started running the Rookie races. The racing is good, every hour you have someone to race with in ranked races. But the Mazda feels...blah. I don't have a good feel for the front end and there's definitely some weaknesses in the tire model when it comes to slip angles and grip drop off. Eventually got the hang of it and I'm fairly competitive but it leaves a lot to be desired in the "fun to drive" department. Automobilista 2 is fun but there is nothing happening online. ACC is a great game as well and I'm looking forward to the GT4 cars as I think that's more my speed these days;).

So I reinstalled AC for fun and man, I really missed this game. I remember the first time I drove the Lotus SC when I got my first gaming PC in 2013 and having a smile on my face the whole night. It's still the same even today. The cars seem so alive! Simple tuning with few adjustments on the street cars, options of track tires or street tires, vintage tires on older cars etc. It's not perfect by any stretch but I feel more of a connection to the road with AC than any other sim I've played. It runs great on the PC and is easy to do triples on max settings as well, with current moderate hardware. Having RSR Live Timing available and able to compare your laptimes to some very fast drivers is great as well.

After a two year hiatus I fired up the sim rig a couple of months ago. Dabbled with PCars2 a bit..just can't get into it for some reason. Signed up for iRacing and started running the Rookie races. The racing is good, every hour you have someone to race with in ranked races. But the Mazda feels...blah. I don't have a good feel for the front end and there's definitely some weaknesses in the tire model when it comes to slip angles and grip drop off. Eventually got the hang of it and I'm fairly competitive but it leaves a lot to be desired in the "fun to drive" department. Automobilista 2 is fun but there is nothing happening online. ACC is a great game as well and I'm looking forward to the GT4 cars as I think that's more my speed these days;).

So I reinstalled AC for fun and man, I really missed this game. I remember the first time I drove the Lotus SC when I got my first gaming PC in 2013 and having a smile on my face the whole night. It's still the same even today. The cars seem so alive! Simple tuning with few adjustments on the street cars, options of track tires or street tires, vintage tires on older cars etc. It's not perfect by any stretch but I feel more of a connection to the road with AC than any other sim I've played. It runs great on the PC and is easy to do triples on max settings as well, with current moderate hardware. Having RSR Live Timing available and able to compare your laptimes to some very fast drivers is great as well.

Agree ... except this part: "able to compare your laptimes to some very fast drivers is great as well." It's kinda demoralizing, actually. :ouch:

Spent a couple of hours trying to race the AI in a Porsche 911 RS last night. Silverstone GP 6 laps set on Hard & starting (with 9 on the grid) in last. I was completely unable to finish a race. Combination of over-aggresive driving by the AI & over-aggressive driving by me. Eventually I reset the grid position so that I started 4th. Way more successful. Trying to overtake a bunch of AI cars on the first few corners does not work out well. Hanging back to avoid collisions allows the lead car(s) to pull too far ahead to catch up. This is where GTSport is so ridiculous - swerving around slow-moving AI cars & learning the precise sequence of manoeuvres required to win the "race" is so ... uninspiring. Racing the AI in AC is "realistic" - you can't expect to race against reasonably matched opponents & win if you start last on the grid.

Agree ... except this part: "able to compare your laptimes to some very fast drivers is great as well." It's kinda demoralizing, actually. :ouch:

Spent a couple of hours trying to race the AI in a Porsche 911 RS last night. Silverstone GP 6 laps set on Hard & starting (with 9 on the grid) in last. I was completely unable to finish a race. Combination of over-aggresive driving by the AI & over-aggressive driving by me. Eventually I reset the grid position so that I started 4th. Way more successful. Trying to overtake a bunch of AI cars on the first few corners does not work out well. Hanging back to avoid collisions allows the lead car(s) to pull too far ahead to catch up. This is where GTSport is so ridiculous - swerving around slow-moving AI cars & learning the precise sequence of manoeuvres required to win the "race" is so ... uninspiring. Racing the AI in AC is "realistic" - you can't expect to race against reasonably matched opponents & win if you start last on the grid.
I've tried the AI once or twice but I've heard similar stories from others that do. The back markers are always brutal in the first few corners. The top half of the grid is usually much more predictable and faster.

Someday someone is going to create an algorithm where you can individually tune the AI cars on the grid. IMO it would be much better w/o a rabbit and if you could say limit the lap time differential from the front to the back of the grid and the lap time differentials of the top cars individually or even all the cars. How great would it be if you could have a grid of 20 cars and say have the top 5 all within a half second so that no rabbit runs away and then be able to program the gaps of the next 5, the last 10 etc? You could qualify, do say a 1:30, then have the top 5 all between 1:30 and 1:31, the next 5 1:31-1:32 and the last 10 at 1:32-1:33. The ability to program actual lap times vs. a strength% that is a guess from track to track would revolutionize AI IMO. You could start anywhere on the grid and still have a good challenge.

Last edited:
I've tried the AI once or twice but I've heard similar stories from others that do. The back markers are always brutal in the first few corners. The top half of the grid is usually much more predictable and faster.

Someday someone is going to create an algorithm where you can individually tune the AI cars on the grid. IMO it would be much better w/o a rabbit and if you could say limit the lap time differential from the front to the back of the grid and the lap time differentials of the top cars individually or even all the cars. How great would it be if you could have a grid of 20 cars and say have the top 5 all within a half second so that no rabbit runs away and then be able to program the gaps of the next 5, the last 10 etc? You could qualify, do say a 1:30, then have the top 5 all between 1:30 and 1:31, the next 5 1:31-1:32 and the last 10 at 1:32-1:33. The ability to program actual lap times vs. a strength% that is a guess from track to track would revolutionize AI IMO. You could start anywhere on the grid and still have a good challenge.

The experience is not the same from car to car & track to track, although I don't have enough depth of experience to notice a pattern. However, it works pretty well as it is - the bottom line is that it is possible to have a very close race with the the AI if you choose the appropriate difficulty setting for your skill level & don't try & force your way from the back of the grid in a slower field. Works best for me if I'm near the front & closely matched with the two or three fastest cars. One way to do that is to run qualifying so that you can see how your best time compares. Being left behind by the AI is not fun ... nor is being several seconds faster than the AI.

The experience is not the same from car to car & track to track, although I don't have enough depth of experience to notice a pattern. However, it works pretty well as it is - the bottom line is that it is possible to have a very close race with the the AI if you choose the appropriate difficulty setting for your skill level & don't try & force your way from the back of the grid in a slower field. Works best for me if I'm near the front & closely matched with the two or three fastest cars. One way to do that is to run qualifying so that you can see how your best time compares. Being left behind by the AI is not fun ... nor is being several seconds faster than the AI.
Yeah and It's better to choose same model race or do a custom one with cars you choose that are closest in lap times.
If you do a weekend with same class setting the game chooses weird spaced out cars too much.

Yeah and It's better to choose same model race or do a custom one with cars you choose that are closest in lap times.
If you do a weekend with same class setting the game chooses weird spaced out cars too much.

Yes, I generally do same model - the only time that becomes a bit weird is when there is only one livery/colour available. Racing in a grid of identical Alfa Stradale 33's is a bit odd. Brilliant car BTW.

Racing in a grid of identical Alfa Stradale 33's is a bit odd.

*Flight Of The Valkyries plays*
Ferrari-F40-1987-1024-32.jpg

LOL. Where is that?

I tend to choose a smaller grid anyway, perhaps 7 or 8 cars max. I'm looking to find one or two AI cars who will give me a close race. Stuffing the grid with cars that are either much slower, or much faster than I am seems a bit pointless.

Back