Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
I've found it depends on the cars. I like the formula Renault, Bentley GT and Renault TCR. Those three on PC2 seem quite good out of the box

How is the AI on AC? Also this there any online racing on AC for PS4?

I've found it depends on the cars. I like the formula Renault, Bentley GT and Renault TCR. Those three on PC2 seem quite good out of the box

How is the AI on AC? Also this there any online racing on AC for PS4?

The a.i. is really pretty good i find. But the lap times of each opponent is often too stretched out for good close racing unless you choose an all same model race maybe.
I don't use online but i think there is.

There are the occasional lobby races on AC PS4, but obviously nothing like as many on GTS. There's one running at the moment through Gtplanet, weekly on Saturdays.
I just use it as a hot lap simulator and try to work through the offline challenges when i have time (a lot of them are really tricky!!)

It is the best driving experience you can have on a console. No way GT Sport or Forza, or even PCARS2 can come close. And I'm playing on a controller - straight away I can tell how nuanced and true-to-life the physics are. They've done a really good job on most of the car sounds as well and I really like the clean, pristine and sharp visuals.

It's a must-have for anyone who's into cars and racing. MUST-have!
Like Shaun and many others who previously may not have had the game before I also purchased the AC Ultimate version last week for the deal. Can't go wrong with $10 USD is what I said, especially when many users recommended it. Just jumped in this weekend to familiarize and I was pleasantly surprised by the handling and especially the car sounds myself. Looking forward to playing it more.

Really? a rally legend of a car and no handbrake...wow...thanks.. @Donnced
The major use of handbrakes in rallying only really took off with the introduction of hydraulic systems, with the standard cars handbrake not really having the power to do the job, as such the Scandinavian Flick was the technique of choice on gravel. As for tarmac, well the Quattro was never really that great on it in its day on sealed surfaces, not an major issue as very few events were on the tarmac at that time in th eWRC (Too Fast to Race, the group B documentary shows this to be its major weak point).

The major use of handbrakes in rallying only really took off with the introduction of hydraulic systems, with the standard cars handbrake not really having the power to do the job, as such the Scandinavian Flick was the technique of choice on gravel. As for tarmac, well the Quattro was never really that great on it in its day on sealed surfaces, not an major issue as very few events were on the tarmac at that time in th eWRC (Too Fast to Race, the group B documentary shows this to be its major weak point).
It's also worth pointing out the Audi S1 didn't have a handbreak because it would stall the car with its locked diff. That's how and why the scandanavian flick was born.

The career is actually quiet fun but needs some tweaking for the races. Some are easy on hard, alien while others already give a hardtime on easy :irked:

The special events can be a real handful but so very satisfying.

I'll stick a bit to it for the sparse time I have. 23/6 can't come soon enough:cheers:

The career is actually quiet fun but needs some tweaking for the races. Some are easy on hard, alien while others already give a hardtime on easy
Being relegated to start from the back doesn't help much either.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    436 bytes · Views: 13
Being relegated to start from the back doesn't help much either.

I noticed it doesn't occur in all races. Another thing, for the first time I've ran the Lotus Elise, Exige and Evora street machines but the handle like utter crap under braking. Played around with tirepressure but options are limited. Definitely not the best handling cars in game.

In career you also get a sudden bump in laps and tracklenght. I went from 6 laps Silverstone international to 10 laps Silverstone GP while passing from Exige to Exige V6!

Career isn't that balanced so far but at least I drive cars I've rarely driven before :)

why the hell I can't create my own lobby?
it says to me "no servers currently available" when I want to create one
how stupid it is?
there is bunch of servers on list, but I just want to play with friends only and have control over situation

hope ACC won't work like this nonsense

Like Shaun and many others who previously may not have had the game before I also purchased the AC Ultimate last week for the deal. Can't go wrong with $10 USD is what I said, especially when many users recommended it. Just jumped in this weekend to familiarize and I was pleasantly surprised by the handling and especially the car sounds myself. Looking forward to playing it more.
I was looking at Assetto Corsa Ultimate today, but I think I will hold off and get Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS4.
Glad to see you around David :).

Is it worth to buy Assetto Corsa Ultimate and then a couple of month buy Assetto Corsa Competizione ?.
I wouldn't pay the $55 AUD they're asking for it at the moment but if it was on sale for a reasonable price I would buy it. Unfortunately you may have just missed out because it was put on sale here when they first announced ACC releasing on consoles.

It excels at being a great hot lap sim, and the AI are pretty good but a little inconsistent.

Thanks. I just want something to play until GT7 comes out because I am sick of GT Sport.
I jumped from GTS 8n Jan/Feb with the so called fixes started rolling out again & never looked back , Project cars is good & worth the cheap money.
I was going to buy AC when it was on sale but it still was to high compared to the new release price in June.
I not wasting my money in old games that should be 1/2 the price it is now with all the DLC.
PSN should be selling it cheap cheap to get everyone that wants the new release onboard & practicing B4 June.
But PSN is to greedy like many companies.

Yeah it's definitely worth picking up cheap. There are some awesome cars. You have a wheel right?
Yes I do have a wheel John G and I have decided to wait until June for Assetto Corsa Competizione, in the meantime I am just going to play GT6.

I jumped from GTS 8n Jan/Feb with the so called fixes started rolling out again & never looked back , Project cars is good & worth the cheap money.
I was going to buy AC when it was on sale but it still was to high compared to the new release price in June.
I not wasting my money in old games that should be 1/2 the price it is now with all the DLC.
PSN should be selling it cheap cheap to get everyone that wants the new release onboard & practicing B4 June.
But PSN is to greedy like many companies.
It was on sale with all the DLC for $10 American 2 weeks ago. How cheap do you want it?Assetto Corsa is completely different from Assetto Corsa Comp. 2 complete different games. How the hell is PSN greedy? They didn't make the game. But they own GTS, that piece of garbage should be free!

It was on sale with all the DLC for $10 American 2 weeks ago. How cheap do you want it?Assetto Corsa is completely different from Assetto Corsa Comp. 2 complete different games. How the hell is PSN greedy? They didn't make the game. But they own GTS, that piece of garbage should be free!
Lol
I was more thinking about standard £10 not being a good price & still have to pay extra for the dlc.
I don't expect to pay more for the old version compared to the new version.
Hell if the company I was contracting for did not go tits up a few months back I would not mind but right now I am counting my pennies until I get a new site contract

Greedy as they set the price once a game get to a set age.

Now I don't see the ultimate for £10 if I did I would off been all over it.
I was actually waiting on that level of price because I used up my free trial.

I had to check another post and that person also said basic was £10 full was £25

Last edited:
Yes I do have a wheel John G and I have decided to wait until June for Assetto Corsa Competizione, in the meantime I am just going to play GT6.
It shouldn't be matter of waiting.

AC has a collection of classic and road cars which ACC will never have, and that are a blast to drive - if you ask me, this is in fact the area where it really shines.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: if you have a wheel, you have to have AC (especially if we're discussing consoles).

Back