Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
So twice now I’ve gotten a drive through penalty online for my starting position, when I qualified pole, followed the proper side of the track and speed, and started the race with the box in the green. Is there something I’m missing?

Here's the FPS analysis of Assetto Corsa Competizione running on Xbox One X in 4K and 1080p by Gamersyde.
Their conclusions sums what i also think about the game after playing with it a few hours. The FPS issues does affect negatively the gameplay experience. Even at 720p there's stuttering/frame pacing issues (although i'm not sure if xbox downsample from 1080p or render to 720p directly). Anyway it should perform better at lower resolutions which is not the case. It's marginally better if anything.

Last edited:
The game looks like garbage. It even hurts my eyes. The first few laps I definitely noticed the awful mess but the sound and the driving is beautiful.

After I finished the youngster tests I was loving it. I do have to say that I hope we can get some quality of life improvements on the visual side because it kinda hurts.

Yes, all the rest is top notch (sound, physics etc). It really could be an amazing game if wasn't for the performance problems.

I've got a Fanatec Club Sport V2 but apparently it's not being recognized. I can maneuver around in all of the menus, change settings etc. but when I tried to just start a practice session to get a feel of the game, the car just sits there. Pedals, etc. don't work. Clicking the paddle shifters looks left or right but that's the only response I get.

Is there a way to simplify the pit stop menu? Instead of having to select "No" and pick a co-driver, can't I have the menu pre-set to "No" already so I have a fighting chance of a quick pit stop?

The pit interface seems convoluted but then again it's better than in pc2 where I was constantly fumbling to change fuel mix and tyre/fuel strategy.

We need nextgen consoles for this game, i hope it will receive PS5 and X 60fps patch.
This game is too CPU heavy for current gen consoles.
I think too. Hopefully but Sony said already that they’re aiming 30FPS with native 4K on PS5 for the most games.

The pit interface seems convoluted but then again it's better than in pc2 where I was constantly fumbling to change fuel mix and tyre/fuel strategy.
I suppose that's true, but I don't remember having to make all of those decisions in the pit lane in PC2, I could decide a lot prior to the race. Is there a wah to fo that in ACC prior to starting the race?

Have you looked at a PS3 game lately? 30 fps aside, I loaded up the original PS4 Assetto Corsa to do a quick physics comparison, and ACC looks vastly better, particularly lighting.
Sure, it's no match for GT Sport or the six(?) years old DriveClub (the latter is still a marvel of technology), but it holds up quite well alongside Project Cars 2 on console.

Anyway, now that my eyes have had a little time to adjust to the framerate I'm having a total blast with ACC. Definitely the best GT3 racing against AI - or hotlapping - I've had on consoles (and I haven't had a gaming PC in a very long time, so probably ever on any platform).

I have indeed and honesty I think ACC matches GT6 on PS3 in terms of graphics. The original AC looks more crisp and cleaner than ACC and certainly runs better. Don't forget a have a base PS4 and not a pro.

I understand also that perception changes from person to person.

I've got a Fanatec Club Sport V2 but apparently it's not being recognized. I can maneuver around in all of the menus, change settings etc. but when I tried to just start a practice session to get a feel of the game, the car just sits there. Pedals, etc. don't work. Clicking the paddle shifters looks left or right but that's the only response I get.

ouch.

Any csw2.5 Drivehub racers having the same issue?

I suppose that's true, but I don't remember having to make all of those decisions in the pit lane in PC2, I could decide a lot prior to the race. Is there a wah to fo that in ACC prior to starting the race?

I thought I saw one. Its in the strategy tab? I swear I saw it somewhere. I haven't started my championship yet. I plan on doing mandatory pit stops.

You know, in the career you could do 40min races but in the championship it goes from 30min to 1hour.

ouch.

Any csw2.5 Drivehub racers having the same issue?

I saw a post on the Assetto Corsa forums that suggests while the car is sitting in the pits, unplug the USB cable from the wheel not from the Xbox and plug it back in and then the steering wheel and pedals will work. It's too late to try tonight but I'll try that tomorrow and see if that works. But it shouldn't be this hard to get this to work right out of the box.

Heres a question, that maybe hasn't been weighed yet.

Some guys are running smaller, lower res screens with input lag etc. Which is fine, we each build out setups around budgets the best we can. Point is, for some guys the FPS might be less of a issue due to all the other "white noise" in their setup. Most of us have some form of white noise. I'm on a old playseat, and until I get a 80/20 setup to replace it, i see zero point in a DD wheel. The amount of play in the rig creates tons of "white noise" and a DD would make it worse while having it strengths diluted by the play in the rig. Simultaneously I have my FOV setup properly (not perfect but close) with a 65" 4k 32-33" from my face. Thats a lot of visual information coming at you, and having visual lag becomes heightened. I accidentally turned off my tv's game mode one night and it was disorienting. I drove the whole night not realizing what was wrong, and feeling like I suddenly couldnt drive "damn has old age hit me already??"

So I'll sit this one out till the PS5 later this year when the game will really shine.

The keys have to be set. Easy peasy.

Same wheel, and I'm struggling with feel. Very floaty. Used my GTS settings as a baseline, and even with cranking up the shock and FFB, still feels very light.

Though, a very good baseline for a game. Honestly, the graphics are meh. The menus are a bit busy, but still easy to operate. The cars I've driven (the Porsche and Lambo) felt what I expected a GT3 feels like, compared to GTS. Even the baseline setups are strong (as I'm not too big on spending time setting up cars). Still need to find the limits of the brakes, but with the vast array of ABS and TC settings for each car, it doesn't take too much pressure to stop the car.

A step up from Assetto Corsa on PS4, but like real GT World Challenge racing that the game is based on, it's fun and exciting in concept, but otherwise pretty bland.

I'm glad I bought it, and seeing as I've kinda maxed out the non-FIA event enjoyment level of GTS, I'll see.

playing on a xbox one x 4k 50 inch tv ,first impressions framerate is annoying but not terrible, played mount panorama at night looked great ,i thought the lights on the car were good (,maclaren),best view for me is helmet cam but no rear view mirror in this view for some reason, found the force feedback very weak compared to ac

The keys have to be set. Easy peasy.

Same wheel, and I'm struggling with feel. Very floaty. Used my GTS settings as a baseline, and even with cranking up the shock and FFB, still feels very light.

Though, a very good baseline for a game. Honestly, the graphics are meh. The menus are a bit busy, but still easy to operate. The cars I've driven (the Porsche and Lambo) felt what I expected a GT3 feels like, compared to GTS. Even the baseline setups are strong (as I'm not too big on spending time setting up cars). Still need to find the limits of the brakes, but with the vast array of ABS and TC settings for each car, it doesn't take too much pressure to stop the car.

A step up from Assetto Corsa on PS4, but like real GT World Challenge racing that the game is based on, it's fun and exciting in concept, but otherwise pretty bland.

I'm glad I bought it, and seeing as I've kinda maxed out the non-FIA event enjoyment level of GTS, I'll see.

So you managed to get the v2 to work, also the pedals?

Other question: While racing, where can I see the time progress? I'd like to know how far I am in a race.

Stupid question... I have this code for the Intercontinental GT DLC, where is the DLC? in game takes me to the store but says there's no link or something

Stupid question... I have this code for the Intercontinental GT DLC, where is the DLC? in game takes me to the store but says there's no link or something

In psn store:
redeem-voucher-ps4-ps3en_1570457192078

once you redeem the code all your tracks are unlocked when you start the game, they call it DLC but thats misleading because they're already there just locked

If you find out, let us know :D

I generally play on a 36" 720p/1080i panel that apparently has decided it can accept 1080p at some point in the last decade, and it slices the edges off it. A newer but much smaller 1080p panel is just fine.

Confirmed. I also have HD ready 720 p TV for racing rig. No other game does this. I was wondering where the Time left information was. It is just cut off.

On my 1080p in the living it looks fine. And much better. I am going after a 2nd hand HD tv for the pod.

Last edited:
Also, the button mapping ia a joke even if you don't want to use the presets you can only map half the buttons on the G29. Can you even use a button box on console ? will it support keyboard ? even if it does its far from ideal. For things like traction/abs/fuel map up/down it needs to work on a menu system so there's select/up/down.
Map the MFD option under button bindings to your wheel, that way you can cycle through all the Fuel Mix, TC, ABS options and adjust them, as well as pit strategy, etc.

Right now ACC doesn't support button boxes (tried last night with no luck - PC2 and F1 both do)

I was in and out of options messing about but I noticed if I exited and went to another track (in practice) sometimes settings were retained, other times not. Everything from controller settings to hud preferences. Cming out to main menu and changing them seemed to make them stick. Related to this (possibily) I did some practice laps and then switched to a race, in practice the car had loads of traction and grip, in the race it was like someone put worn tyres on it right from the outset.
ACC is the same as AC in that track conditions can make a massive difference a 'fast' track will provide much more grip than a 'dusty' or 'green' one,

Thank you for the reply and for trying to be helpful. This is why I love this community

The problem is that the controller is completely deactivated if you’re using a steering wheel.
As above map the binding for MFD to a button on your wheel and away you go.

Back