Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
My thoughts and experience too.
If you put steering speed to the right (Try around 70 first then adjust left or right to your liking), the steering will become more stable at speed, but you will have to lift off throttle on some parts of bends to make it round, depending on how much to the right you have the setting. I find defsuit settings perfectly playable personally.

Agree AC looks better. Visually the only thing ACC has over AC is the environment, it's much more alive. And the road surface texture in ACC are abysmal, its almost all just grey. Far too many comprises to get it on this gen. It's a shame because from my experience ACC would be amazing if it had decent visuals even at 30FPS.
My panasonic TV cuts the top and bottom like yours, but my Work Monitor it shows everything fine, not sure if theres a setting to play around with

Ist that old philips perhaps a hd ready model?

How is the FFB on ps4? Same as PC? This i think is one of the most important things.

It is indeed a hd ready model. All my other games run fine on it. And I have seen others with similar problems.

I just went out for to have a look at a 2nd hand Sony Bravia TV. Full HD version. Same problem. My 3 year old sony in the living displays it correclty.

But come on, this part is not tested at all. It's unplayable like this.

No happens on my screen too and a few others have posted the same on the forum, Top and bottom missing, nothing critical but it's damn annoying

I consider it critical. I can't see how late I should go downstairs for diner.

Jokes aside, it's just annoying and renders it not playable for me.

Hmm so a few more practice laps on the DS4, I like this game, it's hard but not in an unrealistic way, I still need to play with the settings though at the moment the assist seems too strong and with it off it feels much better but its harder to react to the car(not impossible) I need way more practice and to play around with the other settings

No happens on my screen too and a few others have posted the same on the forum, Top and bottom missing, nothing critical but it's damn annoying
Top and bottom sounds like aspect ratio problem. Maybe some tvs missrecognize aspect ratio of the game. Try different forced aspect ratios on tv and check ps4 is set to 720p.

Ist that old philips perhaps a hd ready model?

How is the FFB on ps4? Same as PC? This i think is one of the most important things.

I have the screen issue too, although not quite to that extent. LG C8 OLED.

FFB is poor imho (Logitech G29), I have messed with the settings and wil have to do so again because I can't feel anything - sliding, lock up, kerbs etc, its just numb. If you crank up road effect you can make the FFB bang and rattle around, but that doesn't increase any sort of feel.

Stefano sitting at home playing with his Sailing sim laughing his head off that he ain't taking the flack
Haha I bet they came to him and said :So consoles, were going for it. And he replied: right I'm off, good luck lads!

To think in AC he did the jobs Ian Bell employs 32 people to do is mind boggling.

Top and bottom sounds like aspect ratio problem. Maybe some tvs missrecognize aspect ratio of the game. Try different forced aspect ratios on tv and check ps4 is set to 720p.

I tried. Does not solve it. None of my many other games have this. Only ACC.

I have the screen issue too, although not quite to that extent. LG C8 OLED.

FFB is poor imho (Logitech G29), I have messed with the settings and wil have to do so again because I can't feel anything - sliding, lock up, kerbs etc, its just numb. If you crank up road effect you can make the FFB bang and rattle around, but that doesn't increase any sort of feel.

Set dampening to 0 and road effects to 20. Gain to 100. Feels like AC this way :)

This is bad if true with other wheels. No sense in better physics without proper FFB to back it up..

Why was this pushed to current gen consoles when everyone knew that next gen machines were just around the corner?. Money or what?. Apart from just needing the cash I don't see any logic to it. Releasing TLOU2 on this gen, for example, I do not regard as being the same kind of thing as that runs perfectly well on current machines...unlike ACC sadly.

I know it's early days yet but since ACC is already built to specs that go way beyond what is achievable on current equipment I would have thought it an incredibly simple exercise to port over and upgrade the PS5/X1X version of ACC to a much better standard (just the extra 30 fps would do it for me). No hint or mention of that being a plan for ACC's future at the moment though.

Did anyone else with the disc version not get a DLC code in the box? I didn't -- Guess I'll have to email Kunos?

If you bought it from Game then they're just ripping the codes and and not giving them away for some inexplicable reason.

i did get the disc version, and yes i preordered it 1 month ago and didnt get dlc code inside.
Where can i contact Kunos email or 505 games?

Ok, here's my 2 cents after 1 hour with the game, in the 488 round Nurb, standard PS4:

My T300 works fine, spent some time binding the controls I like, all seems to be working nicely. FFB seems decent out of the box but will adjust over time.

I had to set the in-game steering lock to 480 to get the in-car wheel to match 1:1 with my T300, the default 540 was out by a little bit.

The sound is awesome, as expected.
The graphics I think are fine, I can notice the 30fps and jaggies, but isn't a deal breaker to me. Less jaggies than pCARS2 so can't complain much, although the white line running round the circuit can get a bit nasty looking on occasion. Haven't noticed major stuttering as I'm driving.

The dash display looks awful on the 2 views with the wheel showing. Flickering and very low res. Looks shocking. There's a nasty flickering to the numbers and the boxes that surround them on the 488 dash. Disappointed as I like to see my wheel, and have to run the closest dash cam to eliminate it. Never seen that before.

Other than that seems fine to drive, the 488 handles better than the one in AC, going to race the AI now to see what they're like.

Overall I'm happy enough, after being very apprehensive reading some of the comments.

Last edited:
After I decided to stop punishing myself with ACC I ran a 32 car race in PC2 at night with rain. The difference is colossal.
I did exactly the same as you

I have taken two cars, the Lamborghini Huracan and the Audi R8. I duplicated races in both games at Monza and at Laguna Seca. There was not a single race where I preferred the experience in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Ok, here's my 2 cents after 1 hour with the game, in the 488 round Nurb, standard PS4:

My T300 works fine, spent some time binding the controls I like, all seems to be working nicely. FFB seems decent out of the box but will adjust over time.

I had to set the in-game steering lock to 480 to get the in-car wheel to match 1:1 with my T300, the default 560 was out by a little bit.

The sound is awesome, as expected.
The graphics I think are fine, I can notice the 30fps and jaggies, but isn't a deal breaker to me. Less jaggies than pCARS2 so can't complain much, although the white line running round the circuit can get a bit nasty looking on occasion. Haven't noticed major stuttering as I'm driving.

The dash display looks awful on the 2 views with the wheel showing. Flickering and very low res. Looks shocking. There's a nasty flickering to the numbers and the boxes that surround them on the 488 dash. Disappointed as I like to see my wheel, and have to run the closest dash cam to eliminate it. Never seen that before.

Other than that seems fine to drive, the 488 handles better than the one in AC, going to race the AI now to see what they're like.

Overall I'm happy enough, after being very apprehensive reading some of the comments.
On pc it's said to be the nicest sim from full cockpit view too, just too much it seems, as expected, for current gen. Want this on ps5 with full pc settings and smooth clean. And full ffb.

Plus at launch, games especially complex as this, it's not surprising nowadays, hope they can still fix wheels support and stutter at least. And ai bugs, any bug..

Last edited:
Why was this pushed to current gen consoles when everyone knew that next gen machines were just around the corner?. Money or what?. Apart from just needing the cash I don't see any logic to it. Releasing TLOU2 on this gen, for example, I do not regard as being the same kind of thing as that runs perfectly well on current machines...unlike ACC sadly.

I know it's early days yet but since ACC is already built to specs that go way beyond what is achievable on current equipment I would have thought it an incredibly simple exercise to port over and upgrade the PS5/X1X version of ACC to a much better standard (just the extra 30 fps would do it for me). No hint or mention of that being a plan for ACC's future at the moment though.

Money. The user base for the next gen will be small for the first year of their lifecycle. Releasing it on current gen captures the users that will not migrate over. Not announcing a next gen version yet convinced people who will get next gen to go ahead and buy it now. Make money now to put into future development for PC/Next Gen

My first race went well, Barcelona, AI 90/90, 10 mins.
Started last, finished 4th. I thought they'd destroy me at 90 but I guess not. No dramas really, the AI did back out of a few corners where I was on the inside a little too easily IMO, not sure how much wheel to wheel racing I'm going to get here, seen vids where the AI form a train behind and make no attempts to pass.

Also the AI pathing under the rolling start needs addressing, at least for this track, as they were bouncing straight over the sausages on the final chicane before the race started. Not seen such comedy since pCARS2 :lol:

Money. The user base for the next gen will be small for the first year of their lifecycle. Releasing it on current gen captures the users that will not migrate over. Not announcing a next gen version yet convinced people who will get next gen to go ahead and buy it now. Make money now to put into future development for PC/Next Gen

And worse still there is decent potential for it to backfire, if this doesn't sell well they won't recoup their costs.

When I looked at online last night (9pm or so) there were just over 100 people online. They're doing their reputation no favours either.

I still think there was a push from the publisher for conspole and Kunos aren't too interested.

And worse still there is decent potential for it to backfire, if this doesn't sell well they won't recoup their costs.

When I looked at online last night (9pm or so) there were just over 100 people online. They're doing their reputation no favours either.

I still think there was a push from the publisher for conspole and Kunos aren't too interested.

Oh yeah I’m sure 505 was more interested than Kunos in a port.

I doubt it cost much to develop the console version at all.

After I decided to stop punishing myself with ACC I ran a 32 car race in PC2 at night with rain. The difference is colossal.

I did exactly the same as you

I have taken two cars, the Lamborghini Huracan and the Audi R8. I duplicated races in both games at Monza and at Laguna Seca. There was not a single race where I preferred the experience in Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Please, please, share your controller settings for PC2 if you're willing.

I played both back to back a few times yesterday as well and the feeling with the pad is so poor compared to ACC. I landed on some that I thought were decent in PC2, but it's just hard to play in comparison for me right now.

I like them both by the way. I wish ACC had PC adjustable helmet lean/look into turns. Or a lot of the options in there in fact.

It is a real shock to play GTS and PC and AC after a few hours of this, just from the smoothness factor along.

I hope they patch the FOV soon.

I played both back to back a few times yesterday as well and the feeling with the pad is so poor compared to ACC. I landed on some that I thought were decent in PC2, but it's just hard to play in comparison for me right now.

I like them both by the way. I wish ACC had PC adjustable helmet lean/look into turns. Or a lot of the options in there in fact.

It is a real shock to play GTS and PC and AC after a few hours of this, just from the smoothness factor along.

I play with a wheel. Agreed. The pad experience with pc2 is not that good as in ACC.

I use a wheel so I can't share any controller settings. However, there is a user named mister grumpy who has controller settings that he shared with many people and they have found success. He's also posted numerous videos that will surely convince you a controller is quiet playable.

Interestingly, after all the patches, many users say they can do very well with the controller on Project Cars 2.

A testament to that would be to check the world records at many of the tracks and you will see how many of the fast times come from people who are using controller.

Search those forums and you will find plenty of good advice and you will find something that will work for you.

Quick review after one day for me (PS4 Standard)... Other than the graphic/framerate issues which to me are relatively minor and are easily forgettable once you're driving, I'd say this is a massive step forward for sim racing on consoles. Taking a car that I know well from other titles I play, the Aston Martin V12 Vantage which I've used a lot in PC2, the difference is quite stark actually. As much as I really do love PC2, it has a sweet spot that is hard to find at the best of times and for some cars is damn near impossible. The Vantage is useable in it but not to the same degree as in ACC, which I jumped into straight away and was doing high 41's at Kyalami in, a track I literally learned yesterday too.

The force feedback is excellent on the CSL Elite with the recommended settings from Fanatec. You can feel kerbs, when the tyres are slipping and it has a good enough weight to it (remember these cars all have advanced power steering systems so the real steering won't be too heavy anyway). I did two 30 minute races at Misano and Bathurst with the AI at 95 and 90 Aggression and was really blown away by how real it all felt. The Bathurst race was late afternoon into sunset and it did look really nice having the sun come down into your eyeline as you went up the mountain each time...

Been really impressed so far.

I use a wheel so I can't share any controller settings. However, there is a user named mister grumpy who has controller settings that he shared with many people and they have found success. He's also posted numerous videos that will surely convince you a controller is quiet playable.

Interestingly, after all the patches, many users say they can do very well with the controller on Project Cars 2.

A testament to that would be to check the world records at many of the tracks and you will see how many of the fast times come from people who are using controller.

Search those forums and you will find plenty of good advice and you will find something that will work for you.
Thanks guys. Even with the steering sensitivity all the way down and speed all the way maxed, it's still so loose compared to AC and ACC.

I hope they tighten it up a bit for PC3.

I've tried many different options, but I'll keep digging.

Back