Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Based on other post it doesn't;t seem to be needed if you are outputting in 4K, just if you are running 1080p.

Correct. Supersampling tricks your console into thinking you’ve got a 4K tv when it’s hooked up to 1080p tv. So rather than upscaling it’s downscaling from a 4K image. I think lol. So you get the benefits of whatever the developer has included for full 4K on your 1080p tv.

However, in the case of ACC, they’ve kind of gone the opposite of what most do and given us a 1080p30fps graphic heavy option and a 4K FPS option. Is a little strange.

Edit - If you’ve got a 4K tv, you don’t need supersampling on as it will just go to the 4K mode if you have your resolution in the console sound and screen settings set to automatic or 2160p. You can choose the graphic heavy 1080p30 mode by selecting 1080p in these same settings.

I don't like the new FFB with this new update. T300 . Maybe I just need to mess with it more but it seems like increased canned effect.. I turned gain down, min force 0, dynamic 0, and road effects 0 and it still feels less natural.

Went to gain 60, min force 1%, dynamic 100, road effects 3%

Still not as good as pre patch on T300..

I don't like the new FFB with this new update. T300 . Maybe I just need to mess with it more but it seems like increased canned effect.. I turned gain down, min force 0, dynamic 0, and road effects 0 and it still feels less natural.

Went to gain 60, min force 1%, dynamic 100, road effects 3%

Still not as good as pre patch on T300..

I could feel a slight difference at first, took me 3 or 4 races to adjust and now it seems fine. I had to drop gain 5/10% to remove the new clipping I was experiencing and lowered road effects.

My settings on T300 (old in brackets):

Gain: 83% (90%)
Min Force: 0% (0%)
Dynamic Damping: 100% (100%)
Road Effects: 15% (20%)
DOR: Car by car

All settings default in TM Control Panel.

What exactly does Dynamic Damping and Minimum Force do? I really don't feel any difference with DD at 100 or zero. Minimum Force I have always just left it at zero just because I have no idea what it does. Thanks

Video comparison, pre-update 1.03 and both without and with supersampling running on a PS4 Pro (60fps capture).

Scaff, is there any chance you could put in writing your findings from that video? I'm on an island with really bad internet

Video comparison, pre-update 1.03 and both without and with supersampling running on a PS4 Pro (60fps capture).

Thank you Scaff for putting this together.

With this update, we are finally going in the right direction, and most likely with the following updates PS4 Pro users will get smooth 60fps.
It is very weird that the patch notes are not clearly stating how to let this frame rate improvement to happen.

It may be the very case that most of the users will never experience the difference, as they don't know the supersampling 'trick'.

Delivering such a big game changer in this way, sounds to me a bit amateour style (communication wise at least).

Waiting now for the same update to happen on the One X, with maybe even more stable 60fps or better details.

Let's see in the next few days.

What exactly does Dynamic Damping and Minimum Force do? I really don't feel any difference with DD at 100 or zero. Minimum Force I have always just left it at zero just because I have no idea what it does. Thanks
Min force is just a constant wheel friction, useful for wheels that have a deadzone at the centre.
Dynamic damping is the resistance to the inertia of the spinning wheel to streer so it makes the wheel heavier to turn with increasing speed

This is from the ACC Wiki - https://www.acc-wiki.info/wiki/Game_Settings#Force_Feedback_-_FFB

ACC FFB.jpg

Scaff, is there any chance you could put in writing your findings from that video? I'm on an island with really bad internet

No problem, the short version is that a Pro with Supersampling switched off is still running at 30fps (appears to be a locked 30fps) and with Supersampling switched on it's running at close to 60fps (its not locked and does dip below that when running with a lot of other cars on track).

The very, very short version is to switch on supersampling to get a big framerate bump.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...ardware/sound---screen/ps4-pro-supersampling/

Just to add to Scaff’s post, that’s in relation to a 1080p tv. If you have a 4K tv and your resolution in the console settings is set to auto or 2160p, game will automatically run in the 60fps performance mode. If you want the 1080p30 graphics mode on your 4K tv you’ll need to set the console resolution to 1080p 👍

I can't understand the logic of these guys.. Why not just run it at 60 in 1080p?
Because improved graphic and details on 4k with the Pro wouldn't have a quite stable 30 fps.

So they preferred 4k , with graphics /details set as the base consoles and improved framerate

And 1080p with improved graphic/details and stable enough 30fps

Had no idea an update had arrived. The only hint was @Scaff's video, which appeared as a recommendation on YouTube. So thanks for that (and for the supersampling tip). 👍

Can't wait to give this a try over the weekend.

new "towards console players" suited FBB ...for me it's just garbage on The T150...to much canned efects,strong wheel and a kind of spring effect:banghead:

D3T LTD completely screwed up the FFB... doesn't feel natural anymore and with quite less sensations it has in pre patch..

After more than 2H trying to get a good FFB,had to lower a lot the gain and let damper and road effects on 0...even so it feels to canned:banghead: at least it's "playable" ,but not enjoying like in pre patch:indiff:

I want pre patch FFB again... already opened a bug report ticket to those 505games/D3T LTD Devs:mad:

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20200724_152532.jpg
    PS_Messages_20200724_152532.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 19
They really need to get these race starts fixed at some tracks. I tried Paul Ricard for the first time today and that slow last turn caused all kinds of chaos at the start just like Barcelona. The front three cars got about a 15 second head start because everybody else was bunched up trying to make that tight turn onto the straight to take the green flag.

Anyone else on xbox not able to play because the gamer is in "queue"?

There's the option to "Update now", but if I choose that, nothing happens.

I feel stuck.

*Edit
I had to restart the console to get the update started.

Last edited:
Just been watching free practice at Imola. Woo!

Alexander West just spun the Aston V8 at a slow speed hairpin. John Watson then went on to say they’ve had issues with the new Aston over-rotating at very slow speeds and it being hard to catch when it goes.

Now I’ve mentioned this before about the car and I know many of you guys have too. I just find this amazing because I have sworn it’s a bug. I could not believe this car was so difficult to handle at such slow speeds. Then this happens, live, in real life. Kunos, you have something very special here.

For those interested, it’s with about 1hr17m16s left of free practice.

Back