Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Oh great. Now I've got a stuck game. Turned on the Xbox to get the GT4 pack. "Synching Data for Assetto Competizione" started running but usually that takes just a few seconds for any other game but it ran for almost two hours before I finally stopped it. Quit the game and tried to load it again but now it's been stuck on the screen that says "Assetto Corsa Competizione The Official GT World Challenge Game" for almost 45 minutes now.

Maybe try to do a power shut down and reset and see if that releases everything?

**EDIT** Did the power reset and that cleared it up. Strange because that's never happened before.

Last edited:
Anyone on Xbox having issues with getting disconnected from servers in the middle of races? Over the past 24 hours every race I enter I get disconnected from at some point. I haven't had this issue until now, and every other game plays online fine

I found lowering the rear ride height helped me with the Aston.

I tried the Aston again on a few tracks and lowered the rear ride height each time from the Aggressive Preset level, made a huge difference... Misano was near undriveable for me until I lowered the rear, after I could easily do a 30 min race with no problems, same for the other circuits too.

Cheers dude, sometimes just a small pointer like that can really make a big difference.

Is anyone else getting crazy FPS drops at Eau Rouge for some reason now? I'm playing on a base PS4 and never experienced it before this week. It happens during night and day in single player races, it didn't happen in the one online race I've done though. I've never had this issue at Spa or anywhere else before. I wonder if an update ****ed the LOD or something else in optimization there...

Is anyone else getting crazy FPS drops at Eau Rouge for some reason now? I'm playing on a base PS4 and never experienced it before this week. It happens during night and day in single player races, it didn't happen in the one online race I've done though. I've never had this issue at Spa or anywhere else before. I wonder if an update ****ed the LOD or something else in optimization there...
I've experienced it since it came out on PS4. It's worse in rainy day conditions.

It can be truly awful. Lowest frame rate I've seen in a game for many a year. Turn 1 at Nurb can be just as bad in the rain.

It's so frustrating that these massive tanks in performance haven't been addressed since launch.

Loaded the game for the first time since launch.

Still doesn't fit on the screen properly.
Using the view with the bonnet in view (roofcam?), I found the scuttle or bonnet would randomly disappear and reappear at times
Exited the game via PS button back to desktop, re-entered and it cranked the wheel to the right one turn and stayed there (was on garage menu at the time). Had to disconnect/reconnect the wheel to get it to self centre again. It did this again when using options button to go to garage when sat in the pits, so didn't even leave the game.
Online is limited, you have to go wherever it throws you. Changed weightings to 0% for all tracks but one, it puts me at an event on a different track. Exit, repeat, same session, exit, refresh, same session. Exit, change weightings, same session (this track still 0% weighting).
Back to single player, I don't know if its the frame rate etc, but I soon found it hard on the eyes, so switched off.

Want to like it but its still so very rough and progress seems to be very slow.

Eye sore alright, the trees are constantly changing before your eyes, infact it even looks like they've been pruned and some of the leaves on them are screwed so look massive on the tree and too release the new dlc knowing the wheels on the bmw were disappearing is a joke, rear lights at night don't appear till your close too the car in front. This game ran ok and looked good, now it just runs ok with many bugs.

Anyone else have this issue or know a way around it?

I’m about 33% into a career, at a Misano Sprint weekend. I’ll do part of the weekend (practice, quali, etc) then I’ll save and exit. I’ll come back another day, load the career, then as soon as I press a button to start the race at Misano or do setup for the race, the game crashes. Every time.
I had to restart the weekend, and it then did it to me again. Kept crashing.

Also, I noticed that somehow I gained 3 stars on a bunch of the tracks, for track competence. I haven’t put a lot of time into the game, and some of these tracks I haven’t even tried yet. Doesn’t make sense...

Got the title today, very mixed feelings on PS4. Graphics straight from Gran Turismo 3. Did Kunos announced any updates on PS5?

Anyone else have this issue or know a way around it?

I’m about 33% into a career, at a Misano Sprint weekend. I’ll do part of the weekend (practice, quali, etc) then I’ll save and exit. I’ll come back another day, load the career, then as soon as I press a button to start the race at Misano or do setup for the race, the game crashes. Every time.
I had to restart the weekend, and it then did it to me again. Kept crashing.

Also, I noticed that somehow I gained 3 stars on a bunch of the tracks, for track competence. I haven’t put a lot of time into the game, and some of these tracks I haven’t even tried yet. Doesn’t make sense...
Yep the game saves can screw up if you save during races, lost mine doing a 24hr race and saving often.

Last edited:
Yep the game saves can screw up if you save during races, lost mine doing a 24hr race and saving often.

That’s a shame. At this point I just want to get through the Misano weekend and continue on. Hoping it doesn’t happen again.
Strangely, later on today my track competence stars went back to where they were before.

Got the title today, very mixed feelings on PS4. Graphics straight from Gran Turismo 3. Did Kunos announced any updates on PS5?

Kunos have nothing to do with the console, the port was outsourced by 505 games, down to them if the make a PS5 version.

According to their Discord group, 505 Games haven't got PS5 and XSX dev kits yet. When they do, they will go to the developers first then 505 can test what they might do. The best way to get a next gen upgrade of sorts is to keep on at them and make sure they know what we hope to see.

I really wouldn’t mind that. If it means the difference between having or not having racing sims of this level on consoles in the future, then I’m only too happy to support.

Kunos are a small team, as are the guys doing the port at D3T. While I’m not happy with the bugs that are still present, this is still a racing sim that’s far beyond anything that’s ever been on console. The amount of effort Kunos has put into the core game is astounding. I’ve never been one for PC gaming, too much faffing about. I’ve paid £47 in total for the game so far on PS4 (Season pass included). It costs me £50 a week just to fill my car up with petrol to get to work and back. It costs me £50 a month just to insure the damn thing (I love my car btw :)) In the 3 months since this game has come out, it has more than paid for itself in terms of the hours of entertainment it’s given me. Few hours of frustration too, sure, but it’s mainly been great fun. I mean we pay £5-10 a pop at the cinema for around a couple of hours entertainment. That money has gone too. Just like it’s gone when you’ve pissed £50 away down the pub on a Friday night. If you don’t like this, you can sell on and get at least half your money back, making it even better value...

Just trying to give a bit of perspective. Seems to be lost with some of you.

Last edited:
Video games are generally cheap entertainment, I agree.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but I don't get the hype for this one personally.

Some time ago I posted a couple of videos here that showed a complete lack of feedback from the much lauded physics engine. I was basically told I was wrong and received abuse both here (dealt with by mods) and on the youtube listings, which I ended up deleting - they were unlisted so would have only be found by the post here.

I'm not saying its bad, far from it but I don't think its the best thing since sliced bread and think its a bit pathetic that some "fans" needed to attack others over it.

I'm going to keep hold of it and see if D3 can get this in to a state where it works better and also if PS5 allows it to run better in BC mode (pop in, frame rate, disappearing artifacts etc), but I think its always going to be a niche game.

Last edited:
A GT3 GT4 series based on the real SRO is always going to be a niche game. It was always intended to be as such to allow the devs that level of simulation.

I find the FFB absolutely fine although others have said it's a lot better on PC so we might have lost something on console despite the physics being the same

Last edited:
Part of the hype is because we as console players, don't have to "pretend" to drive official.. properly official cars in a racing game. I mean, all of them. The cars, liveries, actual drivers.
Big games like Formula One do this. For us console players to have a game like this and it's not from the big studios, it's welcome. That's part of the hype.

I don't believe everyone that has sampled this game, hasn't acknowledged the pachyderms in the room. Definitely shortcomings since developed for console. However, for the majority of pad users, it's a perfect driving experience(yes, my opinion).

All the real circuits and conditions. There's plenty to spend time doing. Career, Single Player, Championship, Hot lapping. All the things we'd love to see in other games we play.

There is currently a free week-end for the game and you should try it.

Yes, the framerate could be better but the handling is awesome with the gamepad and I have not changed anyting.
It really can match a Forza or GT when it comes to Gamepad-Steering.

I just bought the game.
Sound is also awesome.

I really wouldn’t mind that. If it means the difference between having or not having racing sims of this level on consoles in the future, then I’m only too happy to support.

Kunos are a small team, as are the guys doing the port at D3T. While I’m not happy with the bugs that are still present, this is still a racing sim that’s far beyond anything that’s ever been on console. The amount of effort Kunos has put into the core game is astounding. I’ve never been one for PC gaming, too much faffing about. I’ve paid £47 in total for the game so far on PS4 (Season pass included). It costs me £50 a week just to fill my car up with petrol to get to work and back. It costs me £50 a month just to insure the damn thing (I love my car btw :)) In the 3 months since this game has come out, it has more than paid for itself in terms of the hours of entertainment it’s given me. Few hours of frustration too, sure, but it’s mainly been great fun. I mean we pay £5-10 a pop at the cinema for around a couple of hours entertainment. That money has gone too. Just like it’s gone when you’ve pissed £50 away down the pub on a Friday night. If you don’t like this, you can sell on and get at least half your money back, making it even better value...

Just trying to give a bit of perspective. Seems to be lost with some of you.

Couldn't agree more....

One thing people not familiar with ACC and then purchase it have to understand is, that it is not a racing game - say that to those who have developed it, provide analysis etc (like Jardier or Aris) and they will correct you immediately - it is a racing simulator

The fact we actually managed to get some sort of ported version on tech as old as the PS4 was amazing in my view.

There is no arguement that ideally the game needs to played on a PC to get true experience, the lowest I would go for a PC from experience is what my eldest son runs currently ( i5 with Gtx1050 6GB gpu)

Runs the game well but you have to still run some settings on low to get it smooth.

I just hope that we can get either get a big upgraded patch after release of the PS5 or if it means we have to possibly purchase a new version of the game then so be it, I will be in. There is nothing else like the experience that ACC gives myself

Without a doubt then, should they decide to port ACC to PS5 it will require you to purchase it, would not be surprised if its another £30 like the original game.
They could easily do both. Provide a patch to allow existing ACC to get some benefits of the next gen hardware AND release a proper next gen version of the game with full feature parity with the PC version.

Back